Thread: How to fix your Goddess tutorial!

How to fix your Goddess tutorial!

I haven't seen any tutorials on how to fix a broken Goddess, so after managing to fix mine up, I decided to do one myself. I have to apologize that I don't have any WIP pics, since the whole fix was really a big experiment on my part. Hopefully my description will be enough.

First of all, however, a shout out to forum member urbanmyth, who gave me the idea to actually try this. Thanks!

As it turns out, you can pop the pelvis out of the upper torso on the 1.0 female buck using the boil and pop method. I personally used a hairdryer for this.
    You start by heating the waist area and then pulling the lower pelvis out of the upper torso. Despite the torso being made of hard plastic, the boil and pop method works just fine. You also DO NOT have to remove the tunic. It works fine with it on. You simply heat the waist up for about two minutes (this is how long I was heating it).

If this were any other figure, you could just pull on the legs to pop the torso apart, but since this is the Goddess, you can't. Instead you have to use a flat head screwdriver to reach into the waist joint and pry the pelvis out. The plastic is soft enough so nothing breaks. Then you heat up the legs and use plyers to grab the hip joints and pull them out of the legs.

All you need now is a new pelvis piece that you got from either your parts bin, or an extra figure you don't need.
    Hit up the upper torso (through the bottom of the tunic), pop in the new pelvis piece, then heat up the legs to put them on the hip joints.

WARNING: I used a pelvis from She-Ra 1.0. While the Goddess has a regular ball joint connecting her pelvis and upper torso, She-Ra's has a mushroom shaped joint. No worries though. The pelvis will still fit into the torso fine. The problem came with She-Ra's hip joint.
    The left joint was a little to long to fit into the Goddess' left leg. I cut of a bit of the extra plastic on the joint in order to shorten it and make it fit. Strangely enough, her right hip joint fit Goddess' right leg just fine.

Aparently, while the 1.0 female buck might look identical at first, there are subtle differences in the construction on various characters.
    My advice would be using an extra Teela, if you have her, since the Goddess is just a repaint of her, so I imagine their part are absolutely identical.
    More skilled customizers could also crack open the new pelvis and simply switch the hip joints with the Goddess' in order to keep them translucent (as oppesed to flash colored). I didn't do that since I lack the skill.

And that's pretty much it. You now have a Goddess you can pose without worrying about her breaking on you.

And a pic of the new pelvis piece. I apologize for the blurriness. My old camera apparently can't take close ups well.

Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Hmmm. I have an extra Adora sitting around....
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Amazing work. Ill use Marlenaīs legs. She donīt use them with her long dress...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely try this with my first Goddess whose hips exploded!

My only concern with using a Teela or She-Ra as a replacement lower half was the little hint of regular flesh tone peaking out and you've solved that problem.

Thanks to you both for sharing!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Nice tutorial - I can add the pics of the busted pelvis removed from the upper torso if you want.

I did the exact same thing for a buddy of mine who's goddess took a dive off the shelf.

snakeeyes0217- I want that Owl - where did you get it?

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    snakeeyes0217- I want that Owl - where did you get it?

=)
    That's He-Bro's pic. Its from a DC Universe Classics Dr. MidNite.

Great fix idea!

I may go ahead and free my thankfully unbroken goddess from her Baggie of Eternal Untouched Sleep so that I can enjoy her while knowing that she's not a total goner if something happens to her hip. One of her thigh swivels is frozen, so I stashed her away knowing that my OCD would likely force me to try and loosen it to the point of complete figure destruction.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks to everybody for this awesome info. I just got a Goddess off of eBay, and her pelvis promptly crumbled. Using Marlena's leg is a great idea. I can just "borrow" them, since it only requires a boil and pop.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I hate to say this, but I did this method over a year ago using She-Ra's crotch.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well, the Goddess fig I received in a trade broke yesterday. Glad I found this thread! I have Marlena and will do the crotch swap. Thanks for the tutorial!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

I wonder if it would pay to reinforce an unbroken Goddess crotch with some sort of epoxy. Maybe just a thin coating to prevent breakage.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I wonder if it would pay to reinforce an unbroken Goddess crotch with some sort of epoxy. Maybe just a thin coating to prevent breakage.
    I tried this with one of them, but to get to the part to reinforce, you must spread the legs apart, and as soon as a did, ***Blam*** it broke apart. But good luck, I would use gel super glue if you get the chance.

Thanks for the tutorial. Received a Queen Marlena the other day and immediately pulled her apart to fix up the goddess figure. Then reinforced the hell out of the broken pelvis and popped it back into Marlena. Works fine now but figured she'd be better off with it as her dress restricts any leg movement anyway. Marlena isn't wasted either as I now have a Queen as well as a Captain Glenn.

This thread is a lifesaver as my broken Goddess has been sitting on my desk for months. Wasn't sure how to pull apart the figure and was tempted just to superglue the whole damn thing back together.