Thread: Star Wars Fighter Pods Official Thread

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

Star Wars Fighter Pods Official Thread

I figured these deserved a thread for discussion.

Has anyone else started picking up the new Star Wars Fighter Pods from Hasbro? They are following that crazy blind pack mini figure craze that seems to be everywhere recently. They are very much like Squinkies or The Trash Pack, but are all Star Wars characters. You can buy them in larger packs where you can see most of the figures, or in the smaller blind bags.

I got sucked into buying them the moment I saw them. I couldn't resist. I've actually been a fan of the blind bag mini figure concept that has been really popular lately. I've picked up some of the Trash Pack stuff and my wife has really been into the Disney and Hello Kitty Squinkies and the new blind bag My Little Pony figures. So I HAD to get some of these Star Wars figures.

I made a video on them, in case you haven't seen them yet.

Anyone else collecting? Plan to keep collecting? Who do you have?
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

That's cute, if there's a Y-Wing fighter I may pick up one pack. It is a slim to none chance, but maybe.

You could do a sling-shot battle
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Everything out now says "Series 1." Right now, the only vehicles released are the Jedi Starfighter, AT-AT, and the Falcon. So there's potential that if they do enough of these there may be a Y-Wing!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; February 27, 2012 at 10:30am.

I work for Hasbro and I've thought these were cool for a while. They were slow to show up to retail. Some Wal-Marts around me just got them last week. I haven't bought any but I got 3 of the packs from AMC theatres for seeing Episode 1 3D on opening weekend. I got Darth Vader with helmet removed, Obi Wan, and a clone trooper.

My 4 year old loves them. I think we're gonna buy the At-At pack next time we're at Target.

BTW, if you're considering getting into these, Hasbro will have it's Spring Playsaver coupon sheet in the Sunday paper on 3/25. It includes a $2 off coupon for the Fighter Pods 4 packs.

Dan
    Last edited by red51931; February 27, 2012 at 10:27am.
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"

Quote Originally Posted by red51931 View Post
    I work for Hasbro and I've thought these were cool for a while. They were slow to show up to retail. Some Wal-Marts around me just got them last week. I haven't bought any but I got 3 of the packs from AMC theatres for seeing Episode 1 3D on opening weekend. I got Darth Vader with helmet removed, Obi Wan, and a clone trooper.

My 4 year old loves them. I think we're gonna buy the At-At pack next time we're at Target.

BTW, if you're considering getting into these, Hasbro will have it's Spring Playsaver coupon sheet in the Sunday paper on 3/25. It includes a $2 off coupon for the Fighter Pods 4 packs.

Dan
    Awesome! I hope to get the Vader without helmet. That one looks great.

I was very happy to get Boba Fett, Aayla Secura, and Han in Carbonite in my first batch purchased. Those three right there were probably the top 3 I wanted.

Thanks for the heads up about the coupon!!

Just as an FYI, there is actually 5 vehicles available at retail right now: the Millenium Falcon, Jedi Starfighter, AT-AT, Snowspeeder, and Darth Mauls Sith Infiltrator.

Dan
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"

Quote Originally Posted by red51931 View Post
    Just as an FYI, there is actually 5 vehicles available at retail right now: the Millenium Falcon, Jedi Starfighter, AT-AT, Snowspeeder, and Darth Mauls Sith Infiltrator.

Dan
    Oh, cool! Thanks for the correction!