View Poll Results: Unofficial Matty Vote : What will you vote ??????

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mask of power Demon

34 12.78%
  • Crash Landing Glenn

4 1.50%
  • Mini comic Trap Jaw

16 6.02%
  • Illumina

103 38.72%
  • Geldor

58 21.80%
  • Cloak and Dagger Evil Lyn

28 10.53%
  • Songster

36 13.53%
  • Camo Khan

14 5.26%
  • Pfff... can't choose

7 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Matty Vote : What will you vote ??????

Unofficial Matty Vote : What will you vote ??????

Unofficial Matty Vote : What will you vote ??????

"Mini-Comics" Trap Jaw®
    "Read my lips: No new axes."

When we were producing the Toys ‘R’ Us MOTU vs. DCU 2-packs, "Mini-Comic" Trap Jaw® was a top choice for a variant. Although he could technically be a possible candidate for a “quarterly variant” slot in the MOTUC lineup, now that quarterly variants and oversized variants have been combined into the same four slots per year, it is even less likely we will get to this version of Trap Jaw® anytime soon. He is not just a repaint, but would use different sets of shared parts to make a new, more colorful version of one of the most popular MOTU villains of all time. This execution would be based on his original first mini-comic appearance. For his bio, this would simply be a different look for the existing Trap Jaw® character; not an all-new character with its own back story.

Camo Kobra Khan™
    "What? You can trussssst me."

Another candidate from the discontinued MOTU vs. DCU 2-packs, this version of Kobra Khan™ was originally released in the vintage line overseas but never in the US. It is the basic Kobra Khan™ with arms from Buzz-Off®, a mace from Clawful®, and a fresh camouflage deco. Much like Trap Jaw®, he could potentially be a candidate for a MOTUC quarterly variant, but with the variants and beasts combined for 2013, it is just a little less likely he’ll ever make it. As for the bio, we would treat him perhaps as a mutation of Kahn, maybe after he eats Ambrosia!

Green Demon™
    "Vote mean, vote green!"

This character is from the classic mini-comic “The Masks of Power.” Although he did not win the fan polls in either the US (Illumina) or Germany (Geldor™), he was a top contender in both countries so he’s earned a spot as a candidate. This would be an all-new character using shared parts and new parts as needed. No plans for his partner, the Purple Demon, at this point, but if he wins it increases the chance of perhaps getting to the other demon in time.

"Cloak and Dagger" Evil-Lyn®
    "Choose me or I’ll put a death spell on you. Seriously."

When we did a new Evil-Lyn® in 200X colors, fans and customers asked for a more specific version that also included her new tunic. To deliver on this request, we propose this slightly different version of Evil-Lyn® from the 200X series when she was in allegiance to the Snake Men™. She would use the 2.0 female body buck with a single new hooded head, and include an all-new tunic and removable cloak. To create the “ultimate version” of 200X-colored Evil-Lyn®, customers could swap the new hooded head with either the helmet head or non-helmet head from Battleground Evil-Lyn®, much as Bubble Power™ She-Ra® and original She-Ra® can be mixed and matched. This is another figure we may possibly get to in our very limited variant slots, but if she wins the contest, fans just get her that much quicker!

"Crash Landing" Queen Marlena™
    "You know you want me."

When we released Captain Glenn™ as a 2011 SDCC figure, she included a green astro suit and could be swapped into Queen Marlena™ in her trademark green dress. Many fans and customers asked for a white repaint to be more accurate to her cartoon and comic appearances… so here you go! This would be a mostly straight repaint with new gloves. Another candidate who could potentially go in a variant slot, but winning the contest guarantees it!

Illumina™
    "If I don’t win, I’ll just be blue."

Illumina is the slot choice from He-Man.org. She appeared in a print ad for a never-released issue of the 2002 comic series from MVP Creations and Image Comics. This brand-new character would be a repaint of the tunic/body from Teela®, with a new head and weapon as needed.

Geldor™
    "Together we will do evil to all good people!"

Geldor™ is the slot choice from the German fan base. He appeared in the classic mini-comic “The Elixir of Life.” An entirely new character, he would be a combination of new and shared parts as needed.

Song Master
    "Dude! Let’s totally rock this vote!"

Song Master was the “narrator” of the 1987 Power Tour live He-Man® singing and dancing show. This would not only be a new character, he’d be a completely new figure with a mix of shared and new parts. He would come with his musical instrument accessory.

Last edited by Arvulis; July 14, 2012 at 08:14am.

Pfff... can't choose .. mainly because none of those are interesting enough

I tried to lobby for the Masks of Power demon, but got quickly shut down. Truth is, I don't really care, as long as we're getting a new character and not a variant. Songster does sound more fun than Demon, Illumina and Geldor. And toys are meant to be fun, so I will use my vote on Songster.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I vote for Geldor. We need some more mini comics representation in this line. Yes, we got Procrustus, but I think Geldor would rock
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

Illumina, Mattel stacked the deck against her but i will still fight for her

- - - Updated - - -

Illumina, Mattel stacked the deck against her but i will still fight for her

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Songster!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn, of course!

200X dress, Snow cloak and hood and possibly more accessories, combined with Battleground Evil-Lyn parts can give us the ultimate Evil-Lyn we've always been asking for! Out of all of those choices, that's probably the one people will use the most. Which character in that list gets more displayed than a 200X Evil-Lyn in your group of Evil Warriors?

Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 14, 2012 at 07:54am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    I tried to lobby for the Masks of Power demon, but got quickly shut down. Truth is, I don't really care, as long as we're getting a new character and not a variant. Songster does sound more fun than Demon, Illumina and Geldor. And toys are meant to be fun, so I will use my vote on Songster.
    The mods just shut down duplicate threads. You can still show your support for them over here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Masks-of-Power

Oh, and I voted for the Masks of Power demon
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I want Geldor and THEN Illumina. I have been waiting for Geldor for almost 30 years so he has to come first!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

songster.

Marlena and Lyn dont need to be made.

But Camo Kahn & Minicomic Trap Jaw are great variants, especially Kahn. SHould get made anyway.

Geldor does deserve to be made, eventually.

Illumina will win here.

But give me a songster, though I do not believe he'd win a vote. But of the three new characters (which is who should be on the list, not variants) Mask of Power Demon, Songster, and Illumina, & Geldor he's the most deserving of the original characters from alternate media. To make it all - inclusive. I mean, Power Demon is ok and all, and does have that minicomic flair.

But he's kinda booring. Songster is a character, was a star of a show (kinda, at least important) and much like Wonderbread He-Man, or PHotog, is part of the history that had been forgotten or lost, and deserves to be immortalized in plastic.

Anyway, I dont expect to sway anyone, just that many of these choices deserve to be made in their own right. Along with the new Fighting Foe Men, who I respect as additions as those model kits fit in that wierd lost MOTU lore, these deserve to be made.

Heck I cant believe those Model kits are not only being made, but a set. Neat. But if they get made, CERTAINLY we need a Songster.

I'm torn between Illumina and the Demon. I'm thinking I'll probably vote for the demon honestly. He's something I've wanted since I was a kid and I didn't even know who Illumina was till a couple months ago. She's cool, but I think I need a demon on my shelf more than her. As for the others, good varients but not high on my must have list and would probably have passed on had they come out this year or would more than likely sell if they were to be released next year. (Although they would be cool at retail like in a vs. WWE pack.....lol. I know I know, not gonna happen but I can dream....Jake the Snake vs. Camo Kahn...how cool would that be!)

In this poll I voted for Geldor but I'm still torn between Geldor, Illumina and Songster
    Awesome sticker included!

I'm leaning towards Geldor so I just went ahead and voted for him. Illumina is groovy too though.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Voting for Geldor.

I really don't care for Illumina and everyone's obsession with her, but if she had some glow in the dark features on her...that would help win me over a bit.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Geldor, Mini-Comic Trap-Jaw, & Illumina are the best choices for me (followed by Camo Kahn).
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Illumina gets my vote, five of them actually.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn, of course!
    Ditto! It was a hard choice between her and Geldor, but they really got me with that whole "quarterly beast and variant slots are now combined" which to me equals death for variants I would love to see, like Classic Toy Style Catra for example. Geldor will get made at some point, because he's a new character. So my vote went to a variant, and when it comes to variants, bad girls always win
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I voted for Illumina on here. I will put all 3 of my sub votes towards her so you can add 2 more for her to the total

I'd have voted for the demon if it was the werewolf, but it's not. I'm going with Geldor.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for Illumina, but did anyone notice the fine print at the bottom of the matty.com web page saying something along the lines of "Mattel has the right to choose which ever character they want"????

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Illumina for me.

Quote Originally Posted by caine View Post
    I voted for Illumina, but did anyone notice the fine print at the bottom of the matty.com web page saying something along the lines of "Mattel has the right to choose which ever character they want"????
    What?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by caine View Post
    did anyone notice the fine print at the bottom of the matty.com web page saying something along the lines of "Mattel has the right to choose which ever character they want"????
    sneaky
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Voted for Geldor, but would like him or Illumina to be honest.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I'm paraphrasing here but it said Mattel had the right to reverse or change the winner should they need to....something along those lines. I'm sure they're just covering themselves so there's no legal dramas...

I'm calling shenanigans! why is evil-lyn 200x in there?!
    It would have been illumina, but 200x evil-lyn wins everytime