Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 126 to 141 of 141

Thread: TG Blog #6 Faker - I Hardly knew her!

  1. #126
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Do you mean professional?? Lol
    fortunately for meka, he-man.org isn't work product.

  2. #127
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    One thing about the blog specifically - the idea of having Faker's hair be removable and showing circuits in the t-slot is REALLY cool. I would have loved that. Even if they can't do a Terminator-like head down the road something like this would be neat if they ever re-release him or redo him.
    It is too bad they came up with the idea too late to use it; that really would have made him more than just a He-Man re-do, one upping both of the previous series. Little touches like that can really make or break a figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  3. #128
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,452
    Grayskull's Ghost! It feels like I'm reading my way through the ULTIMATE ULTIMATE BATTLEGROUND!!!

  4. #129
    I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Northeast PA
    Posts
    1,625
    When bios are leaked online I never read them; I wait for my figures to come to. It is one of the joys of the new figures.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

  5. #130
    Heroic Warrior I, Harbinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    336
    Yay, new BTS Blog!!...Y'know, I love the bios. The style is so outdated it's painful at times, but I love how rich MOTU's history has become, and it makes me all the more hopeful and excited for future media. I'm always on the edge of my seat for new Preternia/First Ultimate Battleground and Second Ultimate Battleground era reveals!

  6. #131
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,822
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Heck, if I ever met TG in person, I wouldn't take back anything I've said, but I would be happy to buy the guy a drink for helping bring the line into being. Not everyone criticizing TG hates the man's guts or hauls him up for every word that comes out of his mouth. Just remember that, okay. folks, and just try to have a civil discussion where we respect some differing opinions?
    This is EXACTLY how I feel... and I couldn't have said it better.

    Thank you for expressing this perspective in a confident, yet respectful way.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  7. #132
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    I wonder sometimes how people's opinion would change if you ever had to actually work with Scott indirectly or directly with him on a project, specifically a project where he may or may not have prevented edits being made to copy he had written.

  8. #133
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    9,822
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I wonder sometimes how people's opinion would change if you ever had to actually work with Scott indirectly or directly with him on a project, specifically a project where he may or may not have prevented edits being made to copy he had written.
    Well, that's a big part of why I am less willing to cut him slack when he makes errors... because sometimes I hear things that make me squirm a bit.

    But I will ALWAYS hold to the possibility that what I hear isn't the full story, and will always hope for the best in people. I'm not foolish, though... I have realistic expectations of people... but I have to deal with 'fakers' (no pun intended) all the time in my work, so my hope for a little sincerity in other parts of my world is something I won't compromise.
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 3, 2012 at 01:13am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  9. #134
    Stayin' Frosty sithjedi171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    When bios are leaked online I never read them; I wait for my figures to come to. It is one of the joys of the new figures.
    Hey I figured I was the only one doing this !
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

    -Chancellor Palpatine

  10. #135
    Heroic Warrior Darth Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grayskull's basement
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
    Lol at all the people taking his comments personally. He gets so much crap shoveled on him by some people, good for him for sticking up for himself.

    These things are so fun to read, 200 bios is a crazy thing to fathom. Just think of all the figures we could have by 2016!
    The 200 bios struck me, too. That is a lot of figures!!! And to think those don't include Filmation characters given the time referenced in the blog VS the license arrangement. (Unless they have had the Filmation license for a while and were holding off for some reason.)
    Say cheese!!!

  11. #136
    Heroic Warrior Coptur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I dunno...it's like selling "Sam" from Different Strokes or Jar Jar Binks...

    I can see why TG tried to get rid of Orko's "Jar-Jar Binks-like" persona. I do think the super spy was a bit much though. Just make him a weak mage compared to the likes of Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Hsss and Marzo, but does clever things with low level spells. MYP really handled the character well in that regard. It's like Willow's disappearing pig trick compared with Bavmorda's magic.
    The way i see it is this the Trollans are big players in the MOTU-verse so them guiding certain events is the 'norm'. Orko is no different to the Oracle from the Powers of Grayskull episode the difference is Orko lost the focus of his magic when he lost his wand, which made him that weak mage who now need to use his limited magic abilities like using low level but clever spells.

  12. #137
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    The way i see it is this the Trollans are big players in the MOTU-verse so them guiding certain events is the 'norm'. Orko is no different to the Oracle from the Powers of Grayskull episode the difference is Orko lost the focus of his magic when he lost his wand, which made him that weak mage who now need to use his limited magic abilities like using low level but clever spells.
    I always go back to Filmation as a starting point, where Orko was shown to still be much more powerful when he returned to Trolla. Even Montorq seemed to have some magic problems a few times when on Eternia, and yet he was supposed to be a great magic maker back home, as well. I always though there was something about our dimension that wrought havoc with Trollan magic; what we've seen of Trolla really seems to indicate that different laws apply there, and they might be incompatible with some of our physical laws. So Orko still has powerful magic even without the wand, but it's unstable and unpredictable here in our universe.

    Of course, if Duncan ever visits Trolla and still winds up with a bucket of water on his head every time he turns around, then we'll know that part isn't fouled up magic after all...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  13. #138
    Moron Extreme Gonzo Merman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    496
    From personal experience, there are appropriate and inappropriate times to express frustration. It is inappropriate for a representative of a company to express his or her own opinion about the fan base which they are farming cash from. The company representative is the link between the consumer and the producer. Although He-Man.org has a working relationship with Mattel, the site is not an official product of Mattel (I don't think). The opinions expressed on a forum are simply opinions. Until He-Man.org post articles against this Toy Guru person or Mattel, the representative must take the opinions expressed on a forum with a grain of salt. It is very easy to post an anonymous opinion. Most online opinions are hypocritical. The people are buying the product and spending their free time and energy invested in the product… that means the product is somewhat secure. Don’t lash out at the fan base.
    Last edited by Gonzo Merman; March 6, 2012 at 02:45pm. Reason: grammar error.

  14. #139
    Bashasaurus Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Merman View Post
    From personal experience, there are appropriate and inappropriate times to express frustration. It is inappropriate for a representative of a company to express his or her own opinion about the fan base which they are farming cash from. The company representative is the link between the consumer and the producer. Although He-Man.org has a working relationship with Mattel, the site is not an official product of Mattel (I don't think). The opinions expressed on a forum should are simply opinions. Until He-Man.org post articles against this Toy Guru person or Mattel, the representative must take the opinions expressed on a forum with a grain of salt. It is very easy to post an anonymous opinion. Most online opinions are hypocritical. The people are buying the product and spending their free time and energy invested in the product… that means the product is somewhat secure. Don’t lash out at the fan base.
    I very much agree
    Also, so far, He-Man.org as no working relationship with Mattel, there are only informal contacts.

  15. #140
    Heroic Warrior Coptur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I always go back to Filmation as a starting point, where Orko was shown to still be much more powerful when he returned to Trolla. Even Montorq seemed to have some magic problems a few times when on Eternia, and yet he was supposed to be a great magic maker back home, as well. I always though there was something about our dimension that wrought havoc with Trollan magic; what we've seen of Trolla really seems to indicate that different laws apply there, and they might be incompatible with some of our physical laws. So Orko still has powerful magic even without the wand, but it's unstable and unpredictable here in our universe.

    Of course, if Duncan ever visits Trolla and still winds up with a bucket of water on his head every time he turns around, then we'll know that part isn't fouled up magic after all...
    Ah yes completely forgot about how Orkos magic in the filmation cartoon was only stable on Trolla lol.

    Just goes to show that both series (new and old) gave reasons as why Orko couldn't perform magic 100% to his abilities. Thinking about it i doubt the Horde could over throw Trolla given the emense power they must have on there homeworld.

  16. #141
    Lumpy Space Person Brad2dbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,608
    Sorry I didn't read the whole thread, but is anyone else excited about this line?-

    "This way, if the brand ever got to the point of expanding (oh, for example say into a line of mini-figures at retail, or Retro-Action figures, or whatever)"

    It seems that most people love the mini-figures, but what about MotU Retro-action? I think they could kick all kinds of butt, and I'd love to see them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •