Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 [Consumer Preview]

Windows 8 [Consumer Preview]

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...nsumer-preview

Ladies and Gentleman, the Beta of Windows 8 are now available for testing.

Be sure to do Dual Boots on your Hard Drive if you want to keep your previous windows or just make a fresh install all over again if you want full pleasure of the newly Beta.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I checked out the Developer Preview when that came out awhile back and will be checking this out tomorrow at work.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Here it is, I just dual boots on this one.... Look a little confusing for me.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Master of New Adventures!
    After the nightmare I went through when I was persuaded -- against my better judgement -- to change to Vista I'm never going to switch to a different O/S again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    After the nightmare I went through when I was persuaded -- against my better judgement -- to change to Vista I'm never going to switch to a different O/S again.
    I LIKE windows 7 to be honest. a lot actually.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

How long is Microsoft waiting between New OS? Every 3 years now?

That looks like a confusing clusterhug. I'm happy to stick with Windows 7.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I LIKE windows 7 to be honest. a lot actually.
    The madness I went through a few years ago having Vista pulled off and getting XP put back on.

Anyway, I like Windows 7 and unless 8 comes with a hot oil massage from Lucy Liu I'm sticking with 7.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; March 1, 2012 at 06:57pm.

Hate it.

Its clunky. Its not a smart phone, and I dont think it needs to look like it has apps or a bad looking puzzle. ***.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I took to Windows 7 pretty easy. It still has a lot of the visuals and layout of Vista that I hate. But for the most part I've liked it.

But I still think nothing has been as good as XP when it comes to Windows' operating systems.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I took to Windows 7 pretty easy. It still has a lot of the visuals and layout of Vista that I hate. But for the most part I've liked it.

But I still think nothing has been as good as XP when it comes to Windows' operating systems.
    Agreed. XP rocked. Unfortunately, as one obtains a new laptop there's no control over the O/S foisted upon us.

Btw, as an aside, I shivered for a moment when I saw you were the most recent post on this thread. I was concerned my previous Lucy Liu comment might have drawn your admin ire. See how you strike fear in orgers' hearts?

I'm very happy with 7, and a little indifferent to what I've seen of 8. It's intriguing, and I kind of want to try it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Hate it.

Its clunky. Its not a smart phone, and I dont think it needs to look like it has apps or a bad looking puzzle. ***.
    Windows 8 is designed to run on ALL hardware possible not just intel, and AMD processors. So they want it to look phonish for phones, and tablets
    it will ship on. That said the cascade visuals can be turned off for people who want a traditional look.

Personally I think it could do well if they play their cards right. If we get what was envisioned that means biz people will adopt tablets because they
    can run office natively instead of converting files or using tunnelling software. Others may like the fact it runs uniform on the majority of hardware.
    I know they're rumoring more convergence with their Windows/Xbox Live services, and there may be 360 emulation according to one rumor around the final version.

Enjoy never being able to run new games, new business, or new media apps when third parties like EA, Roxio, or Sage decide to only support 7, and 8. Hell even certain sites want the latest browser
    which will only run on so old an Operating system. Two OS's back is about the farthest they ever go. (I hope that didn't come off as way too snarky. But seriously it's how OS's are. Even if you're on Android or Mac OS)
    Last edited by TheDeviot; March 1, 2012 at 01:11am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I'm such a Neophilia and Technophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Windows 8 is designed to run on ALL hardware possible not just intel, and AMD processors. So they want it to look phonish for phones, and tablets
    it will ship on. That said the cascade visuals can be turned off for people who want a traditional look.

Personally I think it could do well if they play their cards right. If we get what was envisioned that means biz people will adopt tablets because they
    can run office natively instead of converting files or using tunnelling software. Others may like the fact it runs uniform on the majority of hardware.
    I know they're rumoring more convergence with their Windows/Xbox Live services, and there may be 360 emulation according to one rumor around the final version.

Enjoy never being able to run new games, new business, or new media apps when third parties like EA, Roxio, or Sage decide to only support 7, and 8. Hell even certain sites want the latest browser
    which will only run on so old an Operating system. Two OS's back is about the farthest they ever go. (I hope that didn't come off as way too snarky. But seriously it's how OS's are. Even if you're on Android or Mac OS)
    Call me weird, but I don't play on machines. I play with my children and my wife -- the former being enriching and the latter bringing me pleasure beyond my ability to describe and, I'm guessing, somewhat more significant than a high score on the latest video game. For me -- and I know I'm in the minority here -- computers are a tool of my trade that have assisted me in writing over twelve hundred episodes of produced television, eighteen films and six published novels. I turn my computer on, write on it, send e-mails and do research. I know I'm a dinosaur, but I'm one awfully happy and fairly successful dinosaur, not having given in to the Siren's song of cyber distractions. But do enjoy playing all those new video games. (I hope that didn't come off as way too snarky.)
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; March 1, 2012 at 07:06pm.

Call me weird, but I don't play on machines. I play with my children and my wife -- the former being enriching and the latter bringing me pleasure beyond my ability to describe and, I'm guessing, somewhat more significant than a high score on the latest video game. For me -- and I know I'm in the minority here -- computers are a tool of my trade that have assisted me in writing over twelve hundred episodes of produced television, eighteen films and six published novels. I turn my computer on, write on it, send e-mails and do research. I know I'm a dinosaur, but I'm one awfully happy and fairly successful dinosaur, not having given in to the Siren's song of cyber distractions. But do enjoy playing all those new video games. (I hope that didn't come off as way too snarky.)
    It's alright Jack, different people with different style.. I am more Technophile when it comes to OS. Indeed some people only do "that" and some of the geeks and nerd love to try new things and giving opinion about the "new" things, hence Consumer Preview is the words: BETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    It's alright Jack, different people with different style.. I am more Technophile when it comes to OS. Indeed some people only do "that" and some of the geeks and nerd love to try new things and giving opinion about the "new" things, hence Consumer Preview is the words: BETA.
    I, on the other hand, am reluctant to walk to near electrical outlets because I'm afraid electricity is leaking out. It's one of the reasons I married a former Bose Stereo executive -- i.e., she handles, among many other things, all my tech needs.

As I've said, my wants from my computer are minimal -- writing, e-mails and research. Again, I recognize I'm a dinosaur and I don't fault anyone for wanting to explore and enjoy cyber world. All I ask is that they not diss me for not wanting to.

No but to be fair I did say it would be MORE THAN GAMING that would require the new OS. Gaming is simply where other software follows.
    For instance you're writing manuscripts. Eventually there will be a point no one in the field can use an older version of Word/Corel/First Draft/ than say 2012 (I'm looking to the future for the sake of arguement) You show up at the publisher/studio with a file from a version that came out in 2002 that is no longer supported. So you're forced to look for the current one.
    You get the current one home to find out SURPRISE! Your OS is too old to support the new software. You now need the newest OS. So you move into a new computer.

Granted again, it takes longer than entertainment software does to get to that point, but eventually it will.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    No but to be fair I did say it would be MORE THAN GAMING that would require the new OS. Gaming is simply where other software follows.
    For instance you're writing manuscripts. Eventually there will be a point no one in the field can use an older version of Word/Corel/First Draft/ than say 2012 (I'm looking to the future for the sake of arguement) You show up at the publisher/studio with a file from a version that came out in 2002 that is no longer supported. So you're forced to look for the current one.
    You get the current one home to find out SURPRISE! Your OS is too old to support the new software. You now need the newest OS. So you move into a new computer.

Granted again, it takes longer than entertainment software does to get to that point, but eventually it will.
    You don't understand. I am the studio. So as long as my computer supports scriptwriting programs it's not a problem. Obviously I'll need to upgrade my laptop as time goes on -- my present one is six months old -- so I'm sure I'll have ever-new o/s foisted upon me. It's just that this simple writer/producer/director is still lamenting the demise of XP.

Urrgh. It looks bright, gaudy and square. I think I will totally pass on this one and stick with 7
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

You don't understand. I am the studio. So as long as my computer supports scriptwriting programs it's not a problem. Obviously I'll need to upgrade my laptop as time goes on -- my present one is six months old -- so I'm sure I'll have ever-new o/s foisted upon me. It's just that this simple writer/producer/director is still lamenting the demise of XP.
    I don't think there was a demise of XP, XP are under category "Complete" and Microsoft stop giving it update for quite a while! The company just want people to upgrade their machine from time to time. Vista was a big failure regarding on Drivers and Hardware and that's why they urgently make 7 to replace Vista out of the history. XP are stable but I'm not sure of the x64 machine will support the OS.

Don't worry Jack, I'm pretty sure 7 have a very stable on scriptwriting programs and software.

I'm not endorsing 7 or 8 but Vista are busted with a lack of hardware/software update on the machine.

Ok well I decided to give windows 8 a try on a new partition (so I didn't lose windows 7) and after trying it out for an hour I have to say that I really do not like it. The interface is clunky and annoying to use but worst of all was in the hour that I tried it about 20 mins of that was trying to figure out just how the hell I was supposed to shut down my computer.

Ppl may not like Vista but going by what I have seen and tried I would have to say that Windows 8 is the worst OS...EVER
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Well here it is guys, the retail version of Windows 8. It shares the same specs like Windows 7 but all you need is grind up your RAM memory and your graphic cards (For desktop anyways).
    If you're using any laptop, don't worry, Microsoft folks are kind enough to help you through installation, Beside, they put 14.99 dollars on any Laptop and 39.99 For your Desktop.

I'd say grab the Windows 8 Pro now before they put it on the original price. =)

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Windows 7 is only decent because they tossed out Vista and made it more like XP. But given the choice- and available hardware drivers- I'd ditch it and go back to XP. I hate having a 64-bit OS! 16-bit doesn't run in it, which is a problem when older games have 16-bit installers(Max Payne is one example...). Oh, they CAN make 64-bit run 16-bit, they just don't want to put the effort into it when all it'd do is add some arbitrary backwards compatibility. Lots of older stuff I want to play is incompatible and requires DOSbox, which isn't always an ideal solution. And this PC of mine is more malware prone than I ever experienced using XP. However, if I want to run Skyrim I'd probably be better off keeping this OS.

Of course, if I had my way, and a thousand dollars, I'd own 3 PCs- an old Windows 95 machine for DOS games and stuff that ran better natively than it does under source ports, an XP machine for "turn of the century" stuff and a Win7 PC for modern general use.

I won't touch Windows 8. It doesn't look like a PC interface, it looks like it was made for touch screens. Their focus on Win8 development has also seen few updated to Windows 7... I get 1 batch of "important" updates a month, when they used to be weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post

I won't touch Windows 8. It doesn't look like a PC interface, it looks like it was made for touch screens.
    Thats because it was
    I've tried all the preview editions of Windows 8 and Server 2012 for work and yes the Metro interface and applications do feel clunky when using a mouse and keyboard. While I've not tried it on a touch screen device yet I imagine it will be fine on those, but not giving the users the option to use the Windows 7 style start menu on the desktop and server editions was a mistake IMO. There is already several third party mod's out that will restore/replicate the Windows 7 style start menu on Windows 8.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26