Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Facebook Post: New Images Of Carded MOTUC Figures (Thunderpunch He-Man & Stinkor)

I didn't have Stinkor as a kid, but I once dated a girl that wore patchouli, so I kinda know what I'm in for.

I'm worried by what will happen with Stinkor and Moss Man in the same cabinet (I still get bombarded by pine scent when I open my MOTUC display). Hopefully the toxic mixture will not peel paint or decay plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    More like poop & rotten cabbage cooked in a decomposing raccoon carcas covered w ricotta cheese...
    Come on now, that's just horrible imagery....Makes me want to rip my nose off and stomp on it

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    I just noticed TP He-man's red belt. Why was it changed from orange like the vintage figure had? Was this already discussed and I missed it?

I love the look of the sword though.
    I actually think it looks better and looks to all fit together....until you mentioned it I had forgotten that the original belt was orange

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Just realized He-Man's belt is the wrong color STILL even though it was pointed out long ago.
    I see it is now, but I like the red, to me it all fits together, and matches....it's another case like Sorceress's wings, which even those I liked with the blue inside.

All that red on him with the lighting is I'm sure why his eyes are red, I have taken pics before that after I look at them I ask myself where did that color come from, and he is probably no different.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

HD figures on youtube
    I see it is now, but I like the red, to me it all fits together, and matches....it's another case like Sorceress's wings, which even those I liked with the blue inside.
    Yeah I like the red also, think it looks great. But I can see why others would be bothered by it, not being like the vintage one.

I like the red belt much better then orange, never understood it being orange in the vintage line
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like that He-Man's belt matches the Thunder Punch harness.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Stinkor rules, Evil Warriors for the win!!!

TP He-Man is also fine...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I didn't have Stinkor as a kid, but I once dated a girl that wore patchouli, so I kinda know what I'm in for.
    You have my heartfelt sympathy.

I think the two nastiest things to smell on another human are 1. Body Odor and 2. (two-way tie) patchouli/poopie pants.
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I think the two nastiest things to smell on another human are 1. Body Odor and 2. (two-way tie) patchouli/poopie pants.
    The 90's were a weird time, my man. A weird time...

The 90's were a weird time, my man. A weird time...
    When I was a freshman in high school, I rode to school with my neighbor (a senior) every morning. About halfway through the year, a new family moved in next door to him and the daughter started riding with us.

That was the first time (since Stinkor) that I was exposed to the horror that it patchouli. I got into his car the first morning she rode with us and I was like "what in the HELL...does she SMELL that way?"

When I got home that night mom asked me what I thought of the new neighbor and I remember saying to her..."Mom, she's nice and all, but she smells like Stinkor!!!"

Ha! That's hilarious BC!

Ha! That's hilarious BC!
    What's even funnier is that she KNEW what I was talking about.

She replied "Isn't that the He-Man figure that looked like a skunk? I never got it for you because Ryan's (spoiled kid that had EVERY G.I. Joe, Masters and TF figure...rich parents) mom showed me what it smelled like!"

I have the best Stinkor-related memory. On a rare occassion that I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, my dad offered to take me to the mall to buy a MOTU figure. We went to Montgomery Wards, and there on the pegs among the other figs was Stinkor, a character I had never, ever seen before. Didn't even know he existed. Even though the rampant part-reuse was obvious even to my 8-year-old eyes, I still wanted him (cool, a Mer-Man skunk with Mekaneck armor!).

Anyway... I guess I've never had the most sensitive nose. I opened up the figure in the truck on the way home and didn't notice a thing. Suddenly, my dad was like, "What is that smell?!" He (driving) snatched the figure from me and smelled it. "It actually stinks!" he said, then gave it back to me. Only after I held it up to my nose did I even notice. My dad got a good chuckle out of it.

Yeah...I've had a special place in my heart for Stinkor ever since.

More like poop & rotten cabbage cooked in a decomposing raccoon carcas covered w ricotta cheese...

Seriously though, "stink and destory" is friggin' cracking me up. I can't help but hear a young Hetfield screaming that. STINK AND DESTROOOOY!!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I've been curious for some time about whether or not King Hsss & Skeletor would become allies in the new MOTUC bios.
    In Thunder Punch He-Mans bio it looks that way.
    Who agrees?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ESmellthis.jpg

Seriously though, "stink and destory" is friggin' cracking me up. I can't help but hear a young Hetfield screaming that. STINK AND DESTROOOOY!!
    Alexx...dude, if we ever meet, ALL of the drinks are on me!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, these look great. Can't wait. Getting Stinkor for sure but still thinking on Thunderpunch He-man. I already said I wasn't going to get Battle Armor He-man and I did anyway. lol.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like that He-Man's belt matches the Thunder Punch harness.
    Me too, I like the red.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I have the best Stinkor-related memory. On a rare occassion that I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, my dad offered to take me to the mall to buy a MOTU figure. We went to Montgomery Wards, and there on the pegs among the other figs was Stinkor, a character I had never, ever seen before. Didn't even know he existed. Even though the rampant part-reuse was obvious even to my 8-year-old eyes, I still wanted him (cool, a Mer-Man skunk with Mekaneck armor!).

Anyway... I guess I've never had the most sensitive nose. I opened up the figure in the truck on the way home and didn't notice a thing. Suddenly, my dad was like, "What is that smell?!" He (driving) snatched the figure from me and smelled it. "It actually stinks!" he said, then gave it back to me. Only after I held it up to my nose did I even notice. My dad got a good chuckle out of it.

Yeah...I've had a special place in my heart for Stinkor ever since.
    Oh Monkey Wards, I got many a figures there back in the day.

I got my Stinkor while on vacation at Ocean City NJ at what used to be the big department store downtown. I for one liked the smell of Stinkor as a kid, and I look forward to smelling him again.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I think having the red arond the eyes would be good, as it makes this useless repaint stand out somewhat when it comes to the face dept. I do not need the same looking head every time they want to do a He-Man variant. I already have that face 5 more times, a 6th is not needed.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I really wish they started putting different He-Man heads on these variants. I'd love getting a new head on each one so we could change them up.

J

Count me in that minority, the orang of the vintage seems off since the rest of him is red, and it's funny I played with mine all the time, and didn't remember the belt was orange.

I have a friend who no matter what he does smells like pits, and God forbid the days he didn't put on Deodorant, or when I would stay over his house, or him at mine first thing in the morning, good thing he slept on the floor, or at his house they had a guest room. I love the guy to death, he's been my best friend since 8th grade in '88 but holy crap....I never had Stinkor, but I'll bet he's not far from that. Thankfully I have a ZW case waiting for him, to enclose him....but I'll bet I never want to ever open that case again, would be like putting mad pairs of sweaty socks in a Mason Jar and keeping the lid on it for 6 months then finally popping that bad boy open and putting it in your friends all day long sun baked car under the seat as a gift for him when School let out for the day.... ..... Just saying, not that I would have ever done that in my youth to anyone.....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

gotta say, it is ingenious and perfect how they utilized Fakers's long obviously poor "Fake He-Man" colour scheme into an awesome logical concept.

Bravo! He can be Caucasian but becomes "Gar" to show how He-Man was an evil double agent all along, or whatever. Perfect. So Thunder Puch He-Man's bio was teh best because it actually was a great addtional bio for Faker.

Again, so kudos. I never had a problem with faker, always assumed that he was "normal" originally, but once he fell into disuse, or was revealed as a fake, he was "retrofitted" to just be an evil he-man, and not supposed to literally be pretending to be He-man any longer.

Which is still true.

But now the "New Blue" colourshceme, and evil armour just become that much more evil and cool, seeing as it helped to destroy a hero, like any good villian should do.

So all around fantastic.

Oh, and Stinkor's bio is fine. 200x gave alot of characters good character, and glad to see that in here.

At first I was thinking off passing over on TP He-Man but seeing that he comes with that comic. I'm convinced otherwise.

HD figures on youtube
    gotta say, it is ingenious and perfect how they utilized Fakers's long obviously poor "Fake He-Man" colour scheme into an awesome logical concept.

Bravo! He can be Caucasian but becomes "Gar" to show how He-Man was an evil double agent all along, or whatever. Perfect. So Thunder Puch He-Man's bio was teh best because it actually was a great addtional bio for Faker.

Again, so kudos. I never had a problem with faker, always assumed that he was "normal" originally, but once he fell into disuse, or was revealed as a fake, he was "retrofitted" to just be an evil he-man, and not supposed to literally be pretending to be He-man any longer.

Which is still true.

But now the "New Blue" colourshceme, and evil armour just become that much more evil and cool, seeing as it helped to destroy a hero, like any good villian should do.

So all around fantastic.

Oh, and Stinkor's bio is fine. 200x gave alot of characters good character, and glad to see that in here.
    'High Five'

Couldn't agree more. I think when they where writing that about Faker, even they where like "Yes! Oh that's perfect!".

I am very happy with these two figures. Thunder Punch is my favourite He-Man variant from the original line. He has more nostalgia attachement to me than standard He-Man and BA He-Man. I always loved the Power Sword in this colour for some reason. His bio it brilliant, even though it was more about Faker than He-Man. I love the way Faker has finally been handled in this story.

Stinkor was one that I have been waiting for. It seemed like everyone had that figure when I was a kid. I think it is the novelty of the smell that made him more desireable. It would have been a damn shame if this one didn't smell as well. My Stinkor will be displayed in his 200x glory

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Both these figs look amazing. Originally, I wasn't gonna get TP He-Man, but when I saw that flame orb thing around his fist at PowerCon, I decided I had to have him. I was thinking of keeping him MOC, but without that flame around his fist, he's gonna have to get opened and displayed with it. That's just too awesome to pass up.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon