View Poll Results: How many toy lines other than MOTU-related ones do you collect?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - MOTU is all I crave!

33 34.02%

16 16.49%

13 13.40%
  • 3+

35 36.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other than MOTU-related toy lines, how many different toy lines are you focusing on?

Other than MOTU-related toy lines, how many different toy lines are you focusing on?

Curious to know how many toy lines people are spending their money on. If you find that one or more of the other lines you're collecting is wrapping up or you're losing interest, you might consider taking that extra money you'll have on hand to invest in a 2014 Club Eternia subscription!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Curious to know how many toy lines people are spending their money on. If you find that one or more of the other lines you're collecting is wrapping up or you're losing interest, you might consider taking that extra money you'll have on hand to invest in a 2014 Club Eternia subscription!
    Good point!
    I also collect GI Joe (that love affair ain't NEVER gonna end), as well as Classics/Generations Transformers (which, as you mentioned, is indeed winding down for me- just as soon as I have the proper Trailbreaker and Hoist, I'm done there)!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Hot Toys, and also Sideshow Star Wars.

Two (soon to be 3), moving away from MOTUC to focus on those.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Ohh....too many. G.I. Joes, trying to cut back on Transformers but it's not working, TMNT is recent, and then I'm always buying random cool things here and there. I subscribe to MotUC by using the 'ol credit card and paying them off when I get to it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

MOTUC
    Transformers
    Star Wars Black
    TMNT
    Other Misc figures.... (Thundercats 8" Lion-O, Zelda....)
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    They'e making the stuff of my 12 year old dreams this year

Star Wars Black Series 6" -- can't tell you how long I've pined for this. I'm "all in"-- something I've never done before.
    S.H. Monsterarts Showa Godzilla from 1964
    Neca Spider Gremlin and hopefully Gremlins Series 3
    Neca ED-209
    Classics Be-Bop and Rocksteady- Something about these aren't clicking with me yet, but I have them preordered anyway.
    IGear Sharkticons
    Fan Toys Shockwave
    Masterpiece Soundwave

Also, the MP Soundwave inspired me to pick up my first "regular" Transformers in over a decade-- Springer and Blitzwing.
    I wanted some figures I felt comfortable letting the 4 year old play with, but still cool enough I'd put them on my shelf.
    I might go for the SXS replacement head for Blitzwing as well.

2, but everything but MOTUC is casual at most. I pick up TMNT from time to time (I love the Classics and may get the movie versions, definately any other characters in the cartoon look) and I'm sure I'll grab a few of the new 6" SW guys.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

GI Joe
    Transformers classics/generations
    DCUC
    Marvel Legends
    Minimates
    Lego Batman/Marvel/Star Wars
    Anything Batman
    TMNT
    The 4 Thundercats classics (I still cry sometimes)
    Last edited by rankinman; August 7, 2013 at 12:34am.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I voted MOTU is all I crave, because really it's not only the truth it's accurate...

...to a point. I make sure that I get MOTUC over all, and as broke as I am, and expensive as they can be, it's all I can do to afford it.

However I always try to buy Soundwave & Shockwave transformers, and I am behind on that. But I do buy certain characters in Transformers, or at least I used to.

Similarly I try to get any Joker or especially Two Face (my favourite) in any line that have them.

I really want the Classics Turtles, and now the Bebop & Rocksteady got me going, but as yet I have not. Focusing on MOTUC.

I would really go gaga over Monster High if I let myself, but I dont. But I could.

I desperately want to get the Outer Space Men, normal versions. Every character. But I cannot afford it. But they are at the top of the list of "support this line".

So really, I was buying alot of stuff when I could afford it, but for a goodly while now, It's been only MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Aside from MOTUC I go for:

Dino-Riders
    Saint Seiya Myth Cloth and Myth Cloth EX
    some of the Resident Evil Hot Toys (mostly the classic game and RE4)
    some Medicom Real Action Heroes (Link from Zelda, Piccolo from Dragon Ball, etc...)

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    "Focus on" might be too strong a term. I actively look for certain Transformers, so that is definitely a focus. Aside from that, I only pick up things here and there of various lines. Some Lego Minifigs from each wave, the occasional DC figure (just got the Batman with the He-Man buck last night- it's awesome!), and whatever else catches my eye. So I chose 2, with the random pickups standing in for the "second" line I focus on.

Heroic Warrior
    Two - MOTUC and TMNT Retro-Classics.

I am slowly building a small, budget 12" action figure collection, but that's really just a collection of my favourite comic book, cartoon, TV and movie characters as opposed to a whole line from a single property or manufacturer.

Retail lines? GI JOE and Star Wars. But I dabble in a few others as well because there's always something to learn from the competition.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Snappy Threader
    MOTUC and G.I. Joe. Soon to be Star Wars Black 6". I used to be into DCUC, but the countless Flash and the upcoming Batzarro have soured me on those. I collect with my two sons, so usually we stick to mainly He-Man and G.I. Joe.....

Aside from MOTUC, I collect Smurfs toys, and a doll series called Paddy Whack Lane.

I also collect:

1. Transformers
    2. TMNT
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

SH Figurarts Super Sentai.

MOTUC is the only one really.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Vintage MOTU & of course MOTUC.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I had stopped collecting the Marvel Universe figure line & DC Universe.
    I would have collected other toy lines if it we rent for cost & space needed.
    But if the Insectaurs line was made & looked fantastic, I would be all over that.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I ain't an AF collector, I collect MOTUC just to finish what I began in 1984...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Lego Star Wars: only movie sets no Clone Wars or EU stuff
    NECA movie figures
    Marvel Select
    Transformers Masterpiece: like one a year

MOTUC
    Minimates
    Voltron
    Thundercats (vintage & modern)
    Ninja Turtles (modern)

Besides MOTUC i collect Marvel Universe and Square Equinox play arts Kai Batman figures(movie ,arkham etc) and i try to keep up with NECA horror stuff...
    but prob laying off the MU for a bit tho..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"