View Poll Results: Would you support a PoP 30th Anniversary line in 2015?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I want to get more of the great rebellion quicker!

107 66.05%
  • YES! I am sick of PoP taking up spots in the regular MOTUC sub!

12 7.41%
  • NO! I like 2-3 PoP figures a year and they don't need to recognize the 30th anniversary!

43 26.54%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you support a PoP 30th Anniversary line in 2015?

Would you support a PoP 30th Anniversary line in 2015?

With the success of the 30th Anniversary subscription evident (at least in terms of sales) I am wondering who would support a PoP 30th Anniversary Subscription. This would still be comprised of MOTUC figures but all would be from the PoP faction. It is increasingly evident that there is almost an overwhelming number of PoP figures still to be released and that they are a polarizing faction for many. I would think that a separate subscription for the 30th anniversary would be a win win for both supporters and detractors alike as it would allow those who desperately want more PoP to get several figures (probably 6) in one year while giving those who are not happy about getting PoP figures included in their MOTUC subs a year that would be entirely free of them. This is all assuming, of course, that MOTUC in general lasts until 2015. I have a feeling it will

Let me be clear on what I am proposing (and what several PoP fans have been asking for when discussing this possibility). This would NOT work like the current MOTU 30th line, which is comprised of entirely NEW characters. This would be comprised of established PoP characters who have yet to be released (like Castapella, Sea Hawk, Madame Razz, and Mermista ... although I'm sure a couple of those will be out by 2015 but you all get the point). I personally wouldn't mind if they did the create a character contest again for the final figure but the other 5 should be fan demanded characters.

So what does everyone think? Vote and then discuss!
    Last edited by Swifty; February 29, 2012 at 08:49pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Another good choice which many would probably vote for is the No! Not if it is handled in the same fashion as the MOTU 30th anniversary figures were.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

No, I like 2-3 PoP figures a year.

I do think that PoP fans should beat the war drums amongst the ranks to see if they could get anything commemorative going with re-releases of the original figures like MOTU did in 2000.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Another good choice which many would probably vote for is the No! Not if it is handled in the same fashion as the MOTU 30th anniversary figures were.
    I detailed in the post that what I'm proposing (and most PoP who have advocated for such a line seem to want) is NOT at all like what the MOTU 30th Ann. sub is. This is to garner interest in a PoP 30th line that is comprised only of established characters, not new characters created by those who have various levels of involvement with the MOTUC line.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    No, I like 2-3 PoP figures a year.

I do think that PoP fans should beat the war drums amongst the ranks to see if they could get anything commemorative going with re-releases of the original figures like MOTU did in 2000.
    I'm surprised that you of all people wouldn't buy a PoP sub for one year. Imagine the line ending in 2016 and still having not having gotten to SEVERAL of the rebellion members, possibly one of them being Peekablue!
    Last edited by Swifty; February 29, 2012 at 09:20pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post

I'm surprised that you of all people wouldn't buy a PoP sub for one year. Imagine the line ending in 2016 and still having not having gotten to SEVERAL of the rebellion members, possibly one of them being Peekablue!

Yes, there is that chance. However, there are so many great characters from so many different areas of the property I like getting a few from each area annually. Plus I'm not much for adding any additional figures onto an already expensive sub.

I am really starting to wonder if we're going to be getting a Spinnerella & Netossa 2-pack for the 4th quarter though. It would boost the factions numer by 2 with 1 sku ismilar to how the Star Sisters did 3 for 1 sku. I'm pretty sure once Netossa is released Peekablue won't be far behind, in my mind they parts share.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I detailed in the post that what I'm proposing (and most PoP who have advocated for such a line seem to want) is NOT at all like what the MOTU 30th Ann. sub is. This is to garner interest in a PoP 30th line that is comprised only of established characters, not new characters created by those who have various levels of involvement with the MOTUC line.
    I understand that but I just think that we should reiterate our point to Scott so he doesn't entertain the idea of having Carrot Top or Snooky lend their "celebrity status" to the line by designing PoP figures. They need to remain in their fields(whatever it is they're famous for) of expertise.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; March 1, 2012 at 01:12am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    why not this is motuc after all. celebrate all motu media
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    why not this is motuc after all. celebrate all motu media
    I agree. I would also be interested in the same thing for NA for all the people who are scared they won't see their favorites ever get released ... I believe the 30th for NA is 2019 right?

You have opened up the flood gates! Lets see here now. What 'POP inspired' characters could a POP sub line give us? As much as we would want Madame Razz, Huntara, Octavia, and some of the lesser appreciated ladies of the universe.... who would we get?

Shopperella: Evil Mistress of Subscription Debt?
    Bu-Lee-Mia: Schoolyard Bully With Eating Disorder?
    MissDeMeanor: Misunderstood Master under House Arrest?

Yes a POP sub line would be awesome, but character selection would have to be a complete 180 of what its been for the current one.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; February 29, 2012 at 11:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    You have opened up the flood gates! Lets see here now. What 'POP inspired' characters could a POP sub line give us? As much as we would want Madame Razz, Huntara, Octavia, and some of the lesser appreciated ladies of the universe.... who would we get?

Shopperella: Evil Mistress of Subscription Debt?
    Bu-Lee-Mia: Schoolyard Bully With Eating Disorder?
    MissDeMeanor: Misunderstood Master under House Arrest?

Yes a POP sub line would be awesome, but character selection would have to be a complete 180 of what its been for the current one.
    If it were to happen I'd hope it would be comprised mostly of established PoP characters who hadn't been released by that point, like Double Trouble, Sweet Bee, Loo-Kee, the Twiggets, Spinerella, or anyone else still waiting in the wings. I don't think anyone who is technically the Horde should be removed from the main sub ... Plus I'm assuming that characters like Scorpia and Octavia will have already been announced. Huntara is an excellent idea though!
    Last edited by Swifty; February 29, 2012 at 11:39pm.

Movie mayhem!
    I would like to see a 30th sub for pop learn from the mistakes of the MOTU and be some combination of a CA-A-C contest winner(s), Prototype type chracters, new characters designed by the people we want (4hmen etc), perhaps a toy version of a character when that toy design is really different from filmation.

If POP gets a 30th anniversary celebration, then that's fine. I'm hoping some of the more recognizable POP characters get released first before the anniversary slots are taken over by completely unknown characters like the MOTU 30th anniversary did. If it's a chance to get the likes of Scorpia and Sea Hawk, so be it. But let's have Glimmer, Angella and Castaspella first before we get fresh new recruits for the Great Rebellion or femme fatales for the Horde.

I voted no. (Though I think the 30th should be recognized)

I love the all-inclusiveness of MOTUC. I want to see the core rebellion characters like Glimmer and Castaspella released alongside the likes of Rokkon and Hydron, not in some sort of sub-line.

If they were going to have a special sub for the 30th of POP, I'd actually like it to be similar to the 30th MOTU sub. Have one of the 6 figures be created by a fan (Create-A-Character) and the other 5 created by people more deserving of the honor, like Val and Emiliano. I feel the 4HM did great with Draego-Man, so I think they should get one of the slots this time as well.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I would definitely support a 30th line for POP if this would bring us some new female POP characters!
    Who is the real protector of Grayskull?

Part of me would like a PoP 30th in the same vein as the MOTU's 30th, but at the same time I fear the new "characters" designed by the involved parties that are NOT the 4H... (Spectrette, or whatever Geoff Johns would do)
    what I would NOT want is to "separate" PoP from MOTUC...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I would support Mattel to make a POP sub, but I wouldn't buy it myself, because I only need other stuff from MOTUC

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I voted YES, b/c I would love to get some of the more Obscure figures from that line and it doesn't have to be based on just the ladies.

how about any of the following:

the horde inspector
    horde navy troops
    general sunder
    hunga the harpy
    modulok w/ 3 legs (filmation)
    light spinner
    twiggets 3 pack
    kowl & lookee 2 pack

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I would be into this, but would hope that such a line would be properly book-ended by classic toy style costume versions of She-Ra and Catra. And that it would include a beast such as Enchanta or Sea Harp- something that would not fare well as a normal MOTUC release, but would please the PoP fans who want some of these classic toy creatures updated for the MOTUC line

There are no options in this poll for my view on POP - so I'm not voting. I think POP has every right to be included in the current MOTUC and I'm glad it is. I would support a POP 30th sub line in addition to the POP that is already being included in MOTUC. Although, honestly, POP is actually part of MOTUC and has equal standing with the other figures, so POP-inspired Etherian characters should already be eligible in the current 30th celebration - it's supposed to celebrate all facets of the line from the start of it all 30 years ago.

With all that being said, I love POP and can't wait for more figures to make it into the line!
    Last edited by Donimo; March 1, 2012 at 10:15am.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    It would be great if it was possible for Mattel to bring some more members of the Great Rebellion as 30th Anniversary figures in 2015. I'd definitely appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    If POP gets a 30th anniversary celebration, then that's fine. I'm hoping some of the more recognizable POP characters get released first before the anniversary slots are taken over by completely unknown characters like the MOTU 30th anniversary did. If it's a chance to get the likes of Scorpia and Sea Hawk, so be it. But let's have Glimmer, Angella and Castaspella first before we get fresh new recruits for the Great Rebellion or femme fatales for the Horde.
    I agree and I'm sure by the time we get to 2015 we will have already seen figures like Glimmer and Castaspella.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I understand that but I just think that we should reiterate our point to Scott so he doesn't entertain the idea of having Carrot Top or Snooky lend their "celebrity status" to the line by designing PoP figures. They need to remain in their fields(whatever it is they're famous for) of expertise.
    lol...carrot top. that dude is ripped, has flaming red hair...and is named carrot top he's an evil warrior if i ever saw one.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I like how it is now.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I would but not as outlined in the OP.

The PoP30th line if like would be exactly like the MOTU 30th line: 6 figures of brand new characters designed by say, a few Mattel designers, whohaveyou, with the final a contest winner.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Keep 'em in the current line, but I would make maybe a small sub set of figures such as Force Capt. Adora (Horde Suit), Blue Hordak and maybe some other figures might be interesting