View Poll Results: Would you support a PoP 30th Anniversary line in 2015?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I want to get more of the great rebellion quicker!

107 66.05%
  • YES! I am sick of PoP taking up spots in the regular MOTUC sub!

12 7.41%
  • NO! I like 2-3 PoP figures a year and they don't need to recognize the 30th anniversary!

43 26.54%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you support a PoP 30th Anniversary line in 2015?

I feel like people who vote "No" are simply voting to keep POP figures out of the hands of POP fans.

What the frick difference does it make to someone who isn't going to buy POP anyway whether or not there are 6 POP figures as a supplement to the regular subscription?? They won't be forced to buy them.

Selfish.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I feel like people who vote "No" are simply voting to keep POP figures out of the hands of POP fans.

What the frick difference does it make to someone who isn't going to buy POP anyway whether or not there are 6 POP figures as a supplement to the regular subscription?? They won't be forced to buy them.

Selfish.
    To one who is not going to buy PoP anyway, it makes no difference. However, to one who enjoys PoP but cannot commit to buying an add-on sub or being guaranteed to be at a computer on sale days it makes quite a bit of difference.

Sorry, but I did need to bring up that not everyone who voted "No" doesn't want PoP fans to get figures.
    Last edited by slackrguy; March 4, 2012 at 02:17pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Selfish.
    Not necessarily, I'm a pretty big POP fan myself but I don't want a 30th line like the 30th MOTU line. My "no" is based on the what I'm seeing from the current slop being put out. I don't want six created characters when some regulars still need made.

Now if they would release good characters that were part of the original line to supplement the POP line and get the figures out faster then I would be all for that. It would be a great way to get us Madame Razz/Broom, Sea Hawk, Octavia, Vultak, Huntara, and Gen Sunder.

Although a 30th POP line could give us a female counterpart for The Mighty Spector!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    Not necessarily, I'm a pretty big POP fan myself but I don't want a 30th line like the 30th MOTU line. My "no" is based on the what I'm seeing from the current slop being put out. I don't want six created characters when some regulars still need made.

Now if they would release good characters that were part of the original line to supplement the POP line and get the figures out faster then I would be all for that. It would be a great way to get us Madame Razz/Broom, Sea Hawk, Octavia, Vultak, Huntara, and Gen Sunder.

Although a 30th POP line could give us a female counterpart for The Mighty Spector!!
    That was exactly what I described as constituting the 30th Anniversary sub the poll is based on. So you voted "no" against the very thing you described as what you want.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    That was exactly what I described as constituting the 30th Anniversary sub the poll is based on. So you voted "no" against the very thing you described as what you want.
    Ugh see this is what happens when you go to messages boards to talk after a 15 hour day of work. I freely accept my "Stupid" sign and change my vote to yes.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

how are you coming up with 2-3 pop per year? i wish it were only 2-3 pop per year...at least, for this year anyway.

Selfish.
    i'm voting no because no, i would not support it. by support i mean, pay money for it.

would i care if they made a pop 30th line? nope. go for it. i would hope it sells well and folks get the figs they want.

in fact, i find "YES! I want to get more of the great rebellion quicker!" to be a little scary because if you don't have a good amount of GRs by 2015...well...that's just not cool. i would hope the 2-3 (or more) pop per year includes more main characters and less never heard ofs (SSs).
    Last edited by EldestSon; March 5, 2012 at 01:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I voted no but only in as much as I would most likely get whatever they made, so I would obviously support it with my money. But I vote no because I cant think of anything they could do figure wise that would nessesitate an anniversary line. Would basically just rather it be part of the normal line. I do want more POP than I have, but I am patient.

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to cast a vote favorable to a POP anniversary sub, but there isn't an option for me to vote on as I don't want it to use existing characters. I agree with Uki that it should be handled like the MOTU 30th sub (I will add that I'd also like it to be manadory that any POP anniversary sub have the male/female ratio reversed based on what we end up with from the MOTU 30th sub, ie, 5-to-1 or 6-to-0 female to male).

Heroic Warrior
    Yes.

But I'm also hopeful that by 2015, I will many more female members of The Great Rebellion in my collection.

Even if we already have the likes of Glimmer, Queen Angella and Castaspella, it would be a good way to get to some of the other characters like Netossa, Double Trouble and Mermista not to mention villains like Scorpia, Octavia and Entrapta.

As it is intended to be a celebration of She-Ra's 30th Anniversary, I would also like to see some "concept" or "variant" figures considered for inclusion, including the "concept" She-Ra (black hair and armoured bikini), Filmation Hordak, "Force Captain" Adora and a "toy design" She-Ra.

It could also be a good opportunity to get failry minor characters like Huntara and Hunga.

Selfish.
    I think your real beef should be with how the original poster worded the poll. I don't care if a separate 30th subscription for POP was made available, but I am not going to support it by buying it. Mattel would probably be more concerned with the overall number of people willing to buy a subscription than the percentages for or against it anyway. People voting "no" are not going to keep POP fans from getting this type of subscription off the ground. It's going to come down to the fact that there won't be enough people interested in purchasing this type of subscription.

Selfish.
    I agree and you would think anyone who does not like POP would be happy that 6 potential monthly figure slots would now be free for non POP characters. Not only selfish but completely stupid also. Oh well roll on Frosta!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I'm not a POP liker, so no I personally wouldn't support it but I voted yes cuz I know a lot of people would, and I'd like to see it happen since it is the anniversary. Perhaps it would cause me to change my opinion about POP being just for girls.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Snappy Threader
    Heck yes I would support it. I figure they will do something for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    I'm not a POP liker, so no I personally wouldn't support it but I voted yes cuz I know a lot of people would, and I'd like to see it happen since it is the anniversary. Perhaps it would cause me to change my opinion about POP being just for girls.
    It's not just for girls. It wasn't really in the 80's either... WE'RE ADULTS WE CAN FORGET THE PINK BOXES IN THE GIRL AISLE in 1985.

And thanks for voting "yes"

I don't think Mattel looking at votes is going to care what the reasons for voting are... they will either see that a lot of people support the idea, or not... many people would buy multiples... and I guarantee that half of the he-man-woman-haters club would end up secretly buying cool 4H designed She-Ra characters.

I mean, are pink boxes from the 1980s really going to keep any of you from buying a sick 4H Hunga the Harpy or Octavia?? What about General Sunder? Or Admiral Scurvy? Double Trouble? Mermista? I mean these are cool characters. Who cares how they were marketed years ago?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It's not just for girls. It wasn't really in the 80's either...
    For me, it was. That's why it was in the girls aisle back then. I steered clear of the pink and purple aisles. Still do.

I do like that they've gotten away from the pink in POP nowadays, (packaging them just like the other MOTU characters) and some of the characters are cool. It just takes people time to wrap their heads around POP sometimes when all I can remember is girly stuff. That's all. I'm not saying I or anyone else can't come around eventually. There are cool characters in POP, and the epic-ness that is POP TOTALLY deserves an anniversary line. If nothing else, it's mandatory because of the history of POP.

It's not just for girls. It wasn't really in the 80's either... WE'RE ADULTS WE CAN FORGET THE PINK BOXES IN THE GIRL AISLE in 1985.
    i'm sure there were boys who played with pop toys and some who owned them. i may have played with pop or my little ponies with girls across the street a few times, but i never owned them.

and keep in mind these toys were marketed to girls in the 80s so to say they weren't just for girls in the 80s is a bit of a misnomer.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    and keep in mind these toys were marketed to girls in the 80s so to say they weren't just for girls in the 80s is a bit of a misnomer.
    That may be true, but marketing did expect some boys as well.

"She-Ra and her associates, who sell for about $6 to $8 each, are not exclusively the domain of girls, said Candace Irving, a Mattel marketing manager. "We have found that girls buy about 10% of the boy-oriented Masters of the Universe toys, and we expect boys will account for a significant percentage of Princess of Power sales, though we don't expect it to reach 10%."
    http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-...e-patch-kids/2

I'm all for POP characters in MOTUC's line, but POP doesn't need it's own 30th anniversary, and scott already addressed this saying POP is part of the MOTUC's line.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I'm all for POP characters in MOTUC's line, but POP doesn't need it's own 30th anniversary, and scott already addressed this saying POP is part of the MOTUC's line.
    These would all still be MOTUC figures, not a separate line.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    These would all still be MOTUC figures, not a separate line.
    In that case, I guess we should complain that 200x didn't get an "anniversary" line this year, eh? 200x figs are all MOTUC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That may be true, but marketing did expect some boys as well.

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-...e-patch-kids/2
    You're comparing apples to oranges, Tallstar. Just because girls bought and (still do) buy MOTU doesn't equate to the fact that boys buy and still do buy POP.

Let me explain briefly. My wife watches Star Wars movies with me, as well as Spiderman, Incredible Hulk, X-Men, Batman (typically "guy" movies) but she can't (and won't) be able to get me to watch movies like Grease, Hairspray, Twilight series, Legally Blonde (typically "chick flicks"). (Those are her favorite movies) For women, it's typical that if something is cool no matter what the subject is (for the most part) they'll be there.

For men, it HAS to be cool. It's a requirement. If not, we're OUT.

I understand that I'm "painting with a broad brush" here, and I DO NOT mean to offend anyone, but that's just my opinion based on my observation and experience.
    Last edited by TJRules; March 29, 2012 at 12:48am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah sure I would love more POP. I'm just glad they are making these figures cause I always wanted them from back then.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Actually, I'm surprised I've been liking the PoP characters as much as I have, considering I didn't know much about that line from before. It's great getting more female characters (heroes and villains). So I wouldn't mind a POP sub at all.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Actually, I'm surprised I've been liking the PoP characters as much as I have, considering I didn't know much about that line from before. It's great getting more female characters (heroes and villains). So I wouldn't mind a POP sub at all.
    I would expect such an enlightened view from a fellow Connecticuter

A 30th anniversary line that could include someone like Filmation Hordak. Now that would be awesome....

But to be honest I don't mind POP i the main sub at all, but an add on sub would be an added bonus, much like Filmation characters in the main sub, but getting an add on sub to boot for them.

But I could vote for a non pop related Variant sub too....

FF He-Man
    TC Skeletor
    Filmation Hordak
    Filmation Clawful
    Scratchin' Sounds Catra or Shower Power or even Starburst She-Ra

Not that I want him but to be fair....

NA Skeletor
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Yep! Great idea! Love the way that all the PoP characters look thus far!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE