Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Son Of He-Man / Son Of Keldor" Era in MOTUC...

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm hoping they revive the Sorceress in MOTUC (as she never should have died...she cured herself with the Power of Grayskull...right?) and then she continues on being the Sorceress. I mean...how are they going to explain NA Sorceress and NA Teela now?
    Yeah, I reckon we will see something like a COSMIC SPIRIT SORCERESS for NA, and then she can continue to exist in spirit form from then on, maybe actaully coming back to life. They actually say very little about the Sorceress in this bible, just that she guides Dare occasionally.

Also, thanks for the ToyGuru quote regarding Son of Keldor / Evil Lyn NOT being Dare! (although I wouldn't have minded either way to be honest, I think both story arcs would have their interesting developments!)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Well...that's a little tricky. Duncan may or may not be Teela's biological father depending on the canon you follow. Dare was found, and then taken in by King Adam. It's true Teela and Adam adopt Dare, but he will probably only be their son for a year (it sounded like Adora and Sea Hawk would find their son in the final episode(s) of the series).

If you want to get all technical, Kay-La is his cousin, but the only person Dare is related to is King Adam...and if Adora and Sea Hawk take back their son, Kay-La and Dare have no relation again.

Kay-La and Dare are the Teela and Adam of this series. Dare is also Adora (story-wise) and Skeletor and Evil-Lyn become Hordak and Shadow Weaver (story-wise).

I don't know how everyone feels about this series, but I think it would have been really cool!
    I think it's kinda creepy. If Dare is She-Ra's son and Kay-La is Teela's cousin then Dare would have a romantic relationship with his aunt's cousin. Even though Teela is his aunt by marriage it's still a little creepy. It's like there are only 2 families on Eternia/Etheria. The gene pool is really small.

Now, the transition from Skeletor to Hordak as the antagonist does sound pretty cool.

I could definitely get into a Next Generation series but choices like making Dare's love interest is his cousin really make me scratch my head.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I think it's kinda creepy. If Dare is She-Ra's son and Kay-La is Teela's cousin then Dare would have a romantic relationship with his aunt's cousin. Even though Teela is his aunt by marriage it's still a little creepy. It's like there are only 2 families on Eternia/Etheria. The gene pool is really small.

Now, the transition from Skeletor to Hordak as the antagonist does sound pretty cool.

I could definitely get into a Next Generation series but choices like making Dare's love interest is his cousin really make me scratch my head.
    Things are complicated. My female cousin on my dad's side dated my male cousin on my mom's side. They didn't know I was related to each of them. It weirded my female cousin out a bit, even though they weren't related to each other at all. Their relationship didn't last, but nothing was wrong with it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Things are complicated. My female cousin on my dad's side dated my male cousin on my mom's side. They didn't know I was related to each of them. It weirded my female cousin out a bit, even though they weren't related to each other at all. Their relationship didn't last, but nothing was wrong with it.
    You're right, there is nothing wrong with it but it's seems overly complicated and weird. I know there is no blood relation but as this story goes we would know and the characters would know there is a relation there, they just wouldn't know until the end that they are closer then they know. To me, and of course this is all opinion, it hurts the story.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I don't exactly love all the character redesigns, but I like a lot of them. This whole thing is really interesting to me. It could result in a whooooole lot of cool looking figures. Naturally, I prefer the more savage, barbaric looking ones.

I like the fact that if you don't care for this future, you can just ignore it and focus on the Eternia of 'now'.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; March 1, 2012 at 09:47pm.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

YESyesYESyesYES!!! I'd love all of this worked into the MOTUC canon and toyline. Sign me up.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm all for most of these characters & new renderings of old classic characters.

love dare & he-ro, king adam, new ram man, m@a, new man-e-faces, new beast man, missile-toe, slob-boar & maybe others.
    done care for the new evil-lyn, air-bag, new battlecat, battle-bird, fork-lift, bug-eye & ever-mean.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    if teela is a clone of the sorceress by skeletor as in the bios she has no connection to fisto.
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Why is everyone adopted or cloned. Can't anyone make their own babies in Eternia?

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef-at-Arms View Post
    Why is everyone adopted or cloned. Can't anyone make their own babies in Eternia?
    Perhaps in a "movie year!"
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

KAY-LA

17 year old Kay-La is Man-At-Arm's niece (and presumably Fisto's daughter?), and is instructed with teaching Prince Dare how to compose himself in public. She feels she is ready to be a warrior, as she has been trained in martial arts, swordplay and marksmanship, and feels bitter about having to "babysit" Dare. She is aware that Dare has a crush on her, but her true affections lie with the mighty warrior He-Ro.
    Although she is well trained, her immaturity and eagerness to jump into action often gets her in trouble.

http://i.imgur.com/UCjZL.jpg
    I remembered right, Kay-la is MAN-AT-Arms Niece but which ones?

Recently we learnt that Man-At-Arms is not a person but a title, i´m pretty sure back when HE-RO was invented she should have been Duncans niece but now it´s more likely that she is Clamp Champs or even Sir Lazer Lots niece since he is the Man-At-Arms in that time even though she is fair skinned and has white hair, sounds more like Faceless One or Evil-Lyn to me but hey....

That´s why i don´t like messing with timelines it all gets confusing!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would love if dare & the son of keldor become apart of the motu story & are released as figures.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I always love to extract new characters from existing media and this is a good way of doing it, But I feel a few characters shouldnt be included. If they were to make any of these characters, I only want the ones that add new characters to the whole story ark, so

DARE (use teenage buck) wth CRAVEN
    HE-RO (SON OF HE-MAN)
    KAY-LA- I like her design, reminds me of a big barda type character in MOTU
    AIR-BAG ( similar to a concept character from power and honor catalogue)-Yes inflator was his name, cool power, a welcomed addtion to good
    FORKLIFT- like his design as well, powers are ok but i like the originality
    Are all good designs and wouldnt mind seeing them down the line(later years)

EVIL WARRIORS

MISSILE-TOE-orignal character, like it
    EVER-MEAN- even though he he does look different then evil seed, they have the same powers i feel there is no need to make him
    BUG-EYE-I like this character alot, Now they would have merman, fangman, beastman,all controling thousands of beasts against good
    SLOB-BOAR- Could be a grown up version of Pig boy from the 1987 movie
    SAW-TOOTH (no visual representation)- This character sounds very much like like trap jaw, dont uderstand why they would create someone like him, so I think I would pass on him

Evermean and sawtooth are too close to orginal characters, and offer nothing new to the evil warriors that I feel like we would be getting inferior varients to both evilseed and trapjaw, unless something was drastically changed in their descriptions, I dont think they deserve to be figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I remembered right, Kay-la is MAN-AT-Arms Niece but which ones?

Recently we learnt that Man-At-Arms is not a person but a title, i´m pretty sure back when HE-RO was invented she should have been Duncans niece but now it´s more likely that she is Clamp Champs or even Sir Lazer Lots niece since he is the Man-At-Arms in that time even though she is fair skinned and has white hair, sounds more like Faceless One or Evil-Lyn to me but hey....

That´s why i don´t like messing with timelines it all gets confusing!
    That's my thinking also, Kay-La should be Clamp Champ's niece or daughter(Mother Entrapa who switched sides after the War only to go back to a new Horde under Catra)