Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webstor 3/15/2012 Sale Reisse?

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar

Webstor 3/15/2012 Sale Reisse?

Who received a Webstor with "The Original" burst? Mine arrived yesterday with no burst...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Who received a Webstor with "The Original" burst? Mine arrived yesterday with no burst...
    My Wesbtor has NO burst. My Clawful did have a burst though.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    What does the burst mean?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    What does the burst mean?
    it's to distinguish the second run from the original one
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    it's to distinguish the second run from the original one
    and is one better than the other?

in a couple of case like He-man and Skeltor " i think" they fixed some issue with the figures other than that not really beside to make head aches for som MOC collectors.

and is one better than the other?
    Depends, the first run of He-Man had a red wash around his eyes and his shoulders were reversed, this was fixed in the second run. The first run of Skeletor had a really nice paint job on the head, while most of the second run heads were drybrushed rather carelessly
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

From what I understand when the packages are printed in advance both the burst & non burst are printed at same time. That being said Webstor never went into a second production run, anything Mattel offers with him is left over original customer service stock.

So is the one with the burst better?

Usually when that happens the figure tends to sell out really quick like when Whiplash was recently offered. I find it hard to believe the left over stock of Webstor is still hanging around over a week since he was on sale...???
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    From what I understand when the packages are printed in advance both the burst & non burst are printed at same time. That being said Webstor never went into a second production run, anything Mattel offers with him is left over original customer service stock.
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I really never bought that stupid explanation about all of the cards being printed up in advance. They tried to make it sound like they print up just the cards in advance (and that 'occasionally' a few of the burst cards got mixed in with the normal ones, which is supposedly why some people got cards with the burst on it from the first run/release of the figure), but actually do a separate production of the figure at a later time for the reissue. I call foul on that.

While the reissues of some figures were produced at a later time (i.e. He-Man and Skeletor due to the changes/corrections done to them... and possibly Keldor since his swords locked together like King Grayskulls), I think at some point they just started doing one big, large run of the figures that included both the initial release and the reissues, with the intent to sell the reissues at a later time. This to me would be the best explanation as to not only why people got cards with the burst on it on the first release of some figures, but also why they would even print up all of the cards for the reissues right away. Simply printing those images on cardboard is probably one of the easiest parts of the entire production process. Why the hell would they need to print them all up ahead of time if they were going to hold off on the much more complicated part of producing more of the figure?

I think the truth is that they produced all of the figures at once (hence there was no true "first run" and "second run"), and just put the burst on some to sell later to make MOC collectors who buy the first release "feel better".

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

So is the one with the burst better?
    For some yes, many no, but for Webstor, probably not....but I don't think Webstor had a second run, or an official re-issue. They said no older figures would be re-ran, all the "re-issues" are not true re-issues, they are simply re-releases of leftover stock. Whatever the last run of the figure was, is what you get, nothing is a new release.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 24, 2012 at 11:05am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Was it anyone released before Man-E-Faces wasn't going to be made again?

I believe it is anyone released after won't receive a reissue.
    Although BG Evil-Lyn and Demo-Man were both put up again so I guess it isn't a definite.
    They weren't reissues though just selling off the remaining stock I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
    I believe it is anyone released after won't receive a reissue.
    Although BG Evil-Lyn and Demo-Man were both put up again so I guess it isn't a definite.
    They weren't reissues though just selling off the remaining stock I guess.
    Man-E-Faces is the first to not be re-issued, so from him on, all all one offs. Scott said, no older figures would have a new run again either. All the "re-issues" are not re-issues just old stock from prior original releases or re-issues. For example if a figures last re-issue was July 2011, even if you see it now pop up for the April 2012 sale, it will still be stock from the July 2011 re-issue.

Demo & BG Evil-Lyn, like all others not new monthly figures are all old stock, they are not re-issues, nor will they likely be anytime soon.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 24, 2012 at 12:43pm.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Mike,

Did Clawful or Catra have the "the original" burst.

My shipment doesn't get here until Wednesday... I will let you know about Webstor. *Fingers Crossed*
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

My Clawful had "the original" burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Mike,

Did Clawful or Catra have the "the original" burst.

My shipment doesn't get here until Wednesday... I will let you know about Webstor. *Fingers Crossed*
    Yes, both showed up with the burst.

Yes, both showed up with the burst.
    Seems they did print both first and "re-issue" runs at the same time, since Catra, Claw-Ful & Webstor never had official released re-issues. Yet they show up with "The Original" on the package.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Seems they did print both first and "re-issue" runs at the same time, since Catra, Claw-Ful & Webstor never had official released re-issues. Yet they show up with "The Original" on the package.
    Technically, Catra, Clawful, Webstor, Buzz Offs are the "reissues" this month according to the news post.

But, Yes... It became quite clear when Roboto was released that both package variations were printed & produced at the same time. A lot of people received Roboto w/ the burst and they was his initial shipment.

We also saw Bow, Vikor, Catra, Sy-Klone all shipped review samples that features "the burst" and several Vikors shipped too.

I think it's pretty fair to say that all figures between Adora (Jan 2010) & Clawful (July 2011) had both sets manufactured at the same time.
    With that logic, we are still pending "reissues" of BA He-Man, Optikk, Whiplash, King Grayskull, Vikor, Bow, King Hsss, Sy-Klone, Faceless One, and (ugh) BG Teela.

2009 "Reissues" actually involve going back into production, which is why we haven't seen true reissues of Tri-Klops, Teela, etc... Only time will tell if Webstor is actually more CS stock or if he is a real reissue.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

Technically, Catra, Clawful, Webstor, Buzz Offs are the "reissues" this month according to the news post.

But, Yes... It became quite clear when Roboto was released that both package variations were printed & produced at the same time. A lot of people received Roboto w/ the burst and they was his initial shipment.

We also saw Bow, Vikor, Catra, Sy-Klone all shipped review samples that features "the burst" and several Vikors shipped too.

I think it's pretty fair to say that all figures between Adora (Jan 2010) & Clawful (July 2011) had both sets manufactured at the same time.
    With that logic, we are still pending "reissues" of BA He-Man, Optikk, Whiplash, King Grayskull, Vikor, Bow, King Hsss, Sy-Klone, Faceless One, and (ugh) BG Teela.

2009 "Reissues" actually involve going back into production, which is why we haven't seen true reissues of Tri-Klops, Teela, etc... Only time will tell if Webstor is actually more CS stock or if he is a real reissue.
    Right but according to the Matty pages, no official re-issues of those figures exist, every other figure page has "This figure is a re-issue" those don't, they're just old stock re-released, and that is my definition of a re-issue as well.

But I would love a re-released BA He-Man....burst or not.

Also Swiftwind was shipped with the burst, but it was covered by a full front sticker, but he will supposedly never see a true re-issue. I guess I just want to know how even with a burst will they be considered from a collectible standpoint....officially? Original run just left over stock with the burst, or a true re-issue?
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Not all Swiftwinds had the sticker covering it. Both my subs had a sticker and the extra I ordered did not. There is really no rhyme or reason. And as others have stated, it is a headache for MOC collectors, but there still is the chase like we had back in the day of 200x...well, kinda. I remember it used to state on Matty when a figure was reissued on the sale page of the figure, this figures will come with a burst and some will not...something like that. This si no longer the case. We are now just informed via the news page with the original sale date of the figure. Anyway, still waiting on those who did receive a Webstor with the burst. It ain't looking so good.

Yes... you can't really count of those Matty description pages to be accurate anymore. It is random whether or not they are updated these days.

As for collectibility, if you are a completist, then you will want to have all the packaging variations.
    I don't think you are going to see much difference in value between the packaging variations.

As for Swiftwind, I receive 2 that had "original" packaging and no sticker covering the "reissue" packaging.
    I also received 2 that had the sticker, which I carefully removed with a hairdryer
    Kowl, the know it owl!

Not all Swiftwinds had the sticker covering it. Both my subs had a sticker and the extra I ordered did not. There is really no rhyme or reason. And as others have stated, it is a headache for MOC collectors, but there still is the chase like we had back in the day of 200x...well, kinda. I remember it used to state on Matty when a figure was reissued on the sale page of the figure, this figures will come with a burst and some will not...something like that. This si no longer the case. We are now just informed via the news page with the original sale date of the figure. Anyway, still waiting on those who did receive a Webstor with the burst. It ain't looking so good.
    My Swiftwind had no sticker, and and was also without a burst.

Yes... you can't really count of those Matty description pages to be accurate anymore. It is random whether or not they are updated these days.

As for collectibility, if you are a completist, then you will want to have all the packaging variations.
    I don't think you are going to see much difference in value between the packaging variations.

As for Swiftwind, I receive 2 that had "original" packaging and no sticker covering the "reissue" packaging.
    I also received 2 that had the sticker, which I carefully removed with a hairdryer
    This is true about the Matty pages....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Survey Says......... BUZZ!!!!

My Webstors do not have the "the original" burst.... This (along with the fact that he is the only one that came close to "almost gone") leads me to believe that like Whiplash, he was not a true reissue with the variant packaging. That's $44 bucks + tax + S&H down the drain...

We got Matty'd!!!
    Kowl, the know it owl!