Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (3/1/2012)

I didn't say that you said they were casting.

I was commenting on this:

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink
    I think people are confused (as I was initially as well), the project that Classic Media has been working on has been doing preliminary design photography on LIVE actors and unless they are going to use CGI I have a feeling it would be live action as opposed to the traditional shows.
    "Live actors" requires a contract... in this case a SAG contract of some sort.

CGI would be a better choice. I hate the idea of live action on a low budget.

The Damien guy could just be full of it I hope he's not.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I didn't say that you said they were casting.

I was commenting on this:

"Live actors" requires a contract... in this case a SAG contract of some sort.

CGI would be a better choice. I hate the idea of live action on a low budget.

The Damien guy could just be full of it I hope he's not.
    I just didn't want you thinking I was BS'ing about it as I know just about as much info as anyone about it, which is pretty much ZERO. Damien had messaged me direct on Twitter months ago and I'm assuming he did so as he knew I'd spread the word and it's free viral I guess. I did cite that one instance where the whole SAG thing got tossed out of the proverbial window which I also find weird.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I believe Brian is right, that nothing is for sure coming, but they are shopping ideas around. They could film stuff, but we might never see it.

Like the previously unreleased US Sailor Moon animation/live action demo:

RockinHard, if you're making a joke...you don't keep repeating it again and again. Also, it has to be funny.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 1, 2012 at 11:18pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I believe Brian is right, that nothing is for sure coming, but they are shopping ideas around. They could film stuff, but we might never see it.

In this case I'm pretty glad that project never came into fruition. Also I've said about 7 or 8 times now that I'm not claiming anything at all is actually coming, I'm assuming based on things read and told to me that it would possibly be live action.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    In this case I'm pretty glad that project never came into fruition. Also I've said about 7 or 8 times now that I'm not claiming anything at all is actually coming, I'm assuming based on things read and told to me that it would possibly be live action.
    Oh, I was just commenting on the D Trommel guy. I'm also glad the Sailor Moon series wasn't done as that demo. Funny thing is, the animation DOES make Sailor Moon look like She-Ra! There are always a few people who say that when the video is posted on YouTube.

I wonder if a demo of the She-Ra series concept that was basically a new version of JEM had a demo? This was from around the 200X days. That would be interesting/maybe terrifying to watch.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

So a She-Ra tv series is even less "developed" than the MOTU movie? I would say it has .001% chance of getting made then since the MOTU movie has about a 1% chance of seeing the light of day.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    So a She-Ra tv series is even less "developed" than the MOTU movie? I would say it has .001% chance of getting made then since the MOTU movie has about a 1% chance of seeing the light of day.

Pretty much this entirely Zodach lol!

Darkspecter,

AngrySailorVenus.jpg

Now, if you could please banish that abomination back to hell that'd be great.

Thanks so much,
    slackrguy
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    People, c'mon... when I asked about other Snakemen I didn't ask for straight repaints... as you can read I asked for another pack, but with other body parts, as there are enough out by now... just think of Whiplash torso, forearms, shoulders, Demo Man feet and hands, King Hiss arms and legs, even the Leech torso would fit ... I didn't ask if they would like to paint the Snakemen in a different colour and re-release them...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Heh. I want the other MYP Snake Men Army Builders.
    me to man! just 3 left to go

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    People, c'mon... when I asked about other Snakemen I didn't ask for straight repaints... as you can read I asked for another pack, but with other body parts, as there are enough out by now... just think of Whiplash torso, forearms, shoulders, Demo Man feet and hands, King Hiss arms and legs, even the Leech torso would fit ... I didn't ask if they would like to paint the Snakemen in a different colour and re-release them...
    I totally get what you mean Freak- like a pack that would give us a more diverse line up of body types to make the different scaled Snake Men seen in the comics and 200X show.

The eternian firefighter - release is an awesome idea. If one is released I hope though that it's a single figure, not an army builder pack. I only need one firefighter to accompany mr. Snouty.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    The eternian firefighter - release is an awesome idea. If one is released I hope though that it's a single figure, not an army builder pack. I only need on firefighter to accompany mr. Snouty.
    I agree that it is an awesome idea. I forget which comic, but one of the ones from MVC (???) has Eternian firefighters in it sporting Snout Spout colors. I found them to be striking. I'd like a co-ed army builder pack for the firefighters.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    The eternian firefighter - release is an awesome idea. If one is released I hope though that it's a single figure, not an army builder pack. I only need one firefighter to accompany mr. Snouty.
    I too am totally for this idea and it would potentially give them a reason to "spend tooling dollars" on a SS head that won't deteriorate over time.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    A new She-Ra cartoon? Where the heck did that come from?

And they not doing anything about Snout Spout's trunk is unacceptable. Breaking crotch pieces can be easily replaced with another 1.0 female figure. Backwards shoulders is just a design laziness scenario. However, something like a head that cannot be replaced is completely and utter bs. They are pretty much saying it is not their fault their product is faulty and that our hard earned dollars that go into this line means little to them outside of that we spent our money on it. I'm sorry, but that is unprofessional. I can deal with the other issues, but this cannot be overlooked. Sometimes you just have to eat the cost of your own **** poor design choice and do what is best for the customers that put the food on your table and let you continue sitting on the couch in your underwear as you wipe the chocoloate off your fingers with $100 bills!!!
    Last edited by Dr Kain; March 2, 2012 at 01:07am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

5. The fan reaction towards the Snakemen soldiers has been great, but immediately they were asking for a green bodied Snakeman. Could you imagine doing a second army builder pack of these guys with a brown and green body and different heads? There should be enough parts out there to easily make this happen!

Doing a repaint in Red, Green or even the very rare Blue/Purple Snakemen are always a possibility.
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a hint at (hopefully just one of...) this years SDCC MOTUC Exclusive?!
    (...And it sounds suspiciously like He-Ro's copy [quoted below] for his spell stones...)

I mean it seems like they're offering a little TMI, if you know what I mean...

Either way, I love the idea!

Details on San Diego Comic-Con He-Ro Variants
    June 12, 2009
    By Matty
    MOTU Fans!

As most MOTU fans know, He-Ro is our special San Diego Comic-Con 2009 MOTU figure. You've waited patiently, and now I can finally share some of the details!

This version of He-Ro will be available at SDCC, then at MattyCollector.com after the show. Both the SDCC version and the MattyCollector.com version will have three different Spell Stone variants, randomly packed. But like all spell stones, they're well hidden. The stones come packed in a closed Spell Staff so the only way to know which version you have is to open the package, then open the staff to see the color.

Spell of Protection......Green Spell Stone
    Spell of Defense......Red Spell Stone
    Spell of Healing......Purple Spell Stone

There's one more thing... if you get He-Ro at the show, he'll also have a special SDCC variant with the SDCC logo on his chest under the armor (you'll need to take him out of the package and remove the armor to see the logo)! The logo version will be sold only at SDCC.

If you can't get to the SDCC, don't worry, because we've got you covered. You can still get He-Ro without the SDCC logo here on MattyCollector.com after the show on Monday, August 3rd at 12:00 NOON ET, so be sure to mark your calendar!

—Matty
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a hint at (hopefully just one of...) this years SDCC MOTUC Exclusive?!
    (...And it sounds suspiciously like He-Ro's copy [quoted below] for his spell stones...)

I mean it seems like they're offering a little TMI, if you know what I mean...

Either way, I love the idea!
    Oh wow...they probably will have variants like He-Ro. Damn...that's going to get expensive in a hurry!

Damn...that's going to get expensive in a hurry!
    Right?! But worth it. I'd buy those repaints in a heartbeat.
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Darkspecter,

AngrySailorVenus.jpg

Now, if you could please banish that abomination back to hell that'd be great.

Thanks so much,
    slackrguy

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Right?! But worth it. I'd buy those repaints in a heartbeat.
    I know...me too.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    LOL! I said outright that I wanted the other 3 MYP Snake Men models, not repaints. However, I think some fans might be asking for repaints because they would be more likely than getting the newly sculpted parts of the other 3 MYP Snake Men models. I think those fans can't imagine TWO sets of different Snake Men army builders.

Maybe if the Snake Men army builders do well, we'll see the other MYP Snake Men models in a three pack. Perhaps they'll use that Star Sisters 3 pack SKU. If the Snake Men Army Builders fails for some reason, then Mattel can repaint the existing pack. Either way the Horde Troopers should be next, then the next Snake pack then maybe the Horde Wraiths last.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Hey there folks. I've compiled Damien Tromel's Twitter updates to make it easier to follow what's been said since last year. (and prior) These are most, if not all, of the relevant updates.

OLDER TWEETS, SPREAD OUT OVER TIME, THAT WERE MADE PRIOR TO THE DISCOVERY OF DAMIEN'S TWITTER ACCOUNT

She-Ra is one of our properties and i really want to reboot it somehow. Movie? Series? Animated? I need to brainstorm this ****...
    @AirUhCa She-Ra is one the brands the media company where I work owns. I wanted to do a movie last year for her 25th birthday...
    @AirUhCa he-man is also one of mine! Cartoon Network is getting the new Thundercats this summer, and i'm launching Voltron in April on Nick!
    APRIL 2011

I think I'll try and do a proof of concept She-Ra video. Get some peeps together, get some ideas, get some footage and music.
    Question. Does the company u work for need Mattel's ok for a She-Ra cartoon etc? can u do whatever u want entertainment-wise?

@JimTallstar something like that, need Mattel on board.
    MAY 2011

She-Ra is a go. Now to engage writers to tosh ideas...
    Blake Lively as Princess of Power?
    JUNE 2011

@DTromel Please keep us She-Ra fans updated on whatever developments may transpire in LA...lol

@JimTallstar Sure will Jim Let's say I'm talking to some exciting writers....
    AUGUST 2011

@JimTallstar haha, glad you're excited! got a costume just in...will do some fittings now
    I thin kI got my development writer for She-Ra, time to work out some big lines and then a pilot script.
    New She-Ra series....photoshoot and concept artwork soon. Need a real live sword of protection though #mastersoftheuniverse
    OCTOBER 2011

@DTromel How did Mipcom go? :-) I heard your commentary on Voltron. Did the She-Ra pitch get finished in time?

@JimTallstar still working on my secret sauce!
    @DTromel-Completed She-Ra photoshoot yesterday for proof of concept - now post-production time #She-Ra

@ISUMark-@DTromel Are we going to get to see the She-Ra pics or only if things move forward?

@DTromel-@ISUMark only if things move forward - unless I chance encounter you on the street
    JANUARY 2012

SHE-RA is set in motion...by the pride of greyskull #Ihavethepower
    FEBRUARY 2012

In response to Angel-T's question on whether he had seen Madonna's outfit at the Superbowl, etc.
    I sure did. Plans are moving in BIG ways...but shhhhh want to do this right!
    I could use some power of grayskull right about now.
    Shortlisting potential showrunnners for She-Ra development...I wish Joss would want to play. Wait and see!
    END

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    POP is not stopping in the MOTUC line and there is no She-Ra TV series or animated series in the works right now. I heard about the mention from Classic Media and honestly I have no idea what they are talking about. They also spelled Grayskull wrong and did not say "honor" but "pride" or something like that. Maybe they were floating a trial balloon or something. But there is most certainly no new show in the works.
    Regarding the mistakes in spelling, this was my response in one of the recent Roast Gooble threads.

Anyhow, I know some of the stuff this guy says or misspells on Twitter is a bit worrisome at times (Even I've been sort of: "Whoa. What's going on?" at certain moments...LOL), but having read through several hundred of his tweets, I get the impression that he's a bit of jokester and doesn't necessarily feel the need to be all that professional on there. I see him as free spirit who travels frequently and is a "people person", and I think it may be a case where, like Danielle mentioned a few episodes back, there are some folks who are better at articulating themselves orally.

Look up this old video on YouTube: "WatchMe @ XOLO.TV 102 Interview TV-Loonland"

(I would post it here, but there's a naughty word that isn't allowed ) Damien is featured in it...
    Last edited by Tallstar; March 2, 2012 at 06:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Nice try. Toyguru said there was another PoP figure coming this year after Frosta. Go back to talking to yourself about kittens again.
    Do you remember where he said this, because I don't recall reading it? Probably just an oversight on my part.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Do you remember where he said this, because I don't recall reading it? Probably just an oversight on my part.
    If I remember rightly, it was in the NYTF walkthrough video with Pixel Dan
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    As for Damien and his penchanct for using social media to promote pitches... well, that's what he's doing.

He's trying to create buzz, as EVERY hollywood "production associate" or "project manager" or "creative director" or... (the list goes on) does...

It's typical Hollywood behavior... and it's working for Damien in this case. He has several mega fans telling people that a She-Ra project is in the works.

Now that helps him get his higher-ups at Classic Media revved up... it helps bring in money from other producers... and perhaps most importantly, it helps make the project attractive to networks.
    I'm not saying it's impossible that Damien's main goal is to get attention for these pitches, but if folks have only been paying attention to the Twitter updates I've posted on here, or catching a random update, as opposed to going directly to the source, then they've definitely missed-out on a lot of the context in which these updates were given, how his Twitter account was dicovered, etc.

Honestly, while tweets are open to the public (unless you set your account to private), my feeling is that Damien was never expecting fans to stumble upon his Twitter account. I randomly discovered it early last year sifting through many many tweets after having done a search on She-Ra. One of his happen to catch my eye.

I then had to go through hundreds of his past tweets (he's got thousands and many of them are just shooting the breeze with acquaintences, friends etc.) to find ones that were relevant in determining whether or not this person is a legimitate employee. It was actually a bit time-consuming. I dunno. A lot of his tweets seemed very casual to me.
    Last edited by Tallstar; March 2, 2012 at 08:28am.

RockinHard, if you're making a joke...you don't keep repeating it again and again. Also, it has to be funny.
    Yeah, something like No Rio, We Riot

Oh wait, you said it had to be funny.....