Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Fan movie -Complete.

Heroic Warrior

Grayskull Fan movie -Complete.

my animated he-man fan movie is at last complete. after a years work from concept to final render, here it is for your viewing pleasure. its a little rough around the edges, but please bear in mind this was my first attempt at anything like this, and with a softwhere which i had to learn on the fly.
    the incredible cast were the key to the whole story. they are:

adam / he man - josephkw
    skeletor - johnnyEx
    teela/evil lynn - bella
    duncan/mossman - 6HM
    Sorceress - Slackbot
    eternian rebels - macwemyss, TINMAN, JosephKW
    Hordak - Orky
    Krounus/Trapjaw - Mustachio26
    and with too many voice credits to mention, the incredible GOOFPARADE voiced the following characters:
    beastman,stratos, ram-man, orko, fisto, eternian guard, tri-clops.

for those who have watched each part as i have uploaded it, the finale is the last video, i thought a sperate thread with the full movie in sequence order would be much easier to follow for those who may not have stumbled upon it yet. anyway here it is!

part 1:

Part 2

Part 3

part 4
    Last edited by malice; August 23, 2009 at 09:37pm.

Heroic Warrior
    part 5

part 6

part 7

FINALE
    Last edited by malice; August 23, 2009 at 09:40pm.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I can't get anything but the first three to load.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I can't get anything but the first three to load.
    dont know what had happened there - you were quite right though. anyhow, it is now hopefully fixed and all of the videos should now play.

thanks

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Okay it's working now.

Great job and good story. Sure there are one or two things I'd do different but that's the case with any movie. It's definitely different then the story I'm used to, but it maintains the feel of MOTU and delivers a gripping story.

Good voice cast, especially Slackbot I swear she sounds just like Sorceress!

I loved how you acknowledged Adora while leaving her for a sequel. That's exactly how it should be done. She-Ra/Adora is a vital part of the MOTU mythos, but the first film should be only He-Man vs Skeletor. (The fact that Skeletor doesn't know Hordak certainly raises questions on how this would be handled)

"I must possess all or I possess nothing!" Great nod to the old film (great line too)

Am I seeing things or did I spot Loo-Kee in the background while Adam was talking to Duncan in the cave?

My one real complaint is that Zodac said Orko would be helping with Adam's training and then he didn't. Orko didn't even show up until near the very end. I like the idea of Orko only playing the fool and actually being very wise and powerful but it needs to be played up more.

Also I wasn't too happy about Marlena having been unceremoniously killed off screen before the movie even began.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Okay it's working now.

Great job and good story. Sure there are one or two things I'd do different but that's the case with any movie. It's definitely different then the story I'm used to, but it maintains the feel of MOTU and delivers a gripping story.

Good voice cast, especially Slackbot I swear she sounds just like Sorceress!

I loved how you acknowledged Adora while leaving her for a sequel. That's exactly how it should be done. She-Ra/Adora is a vital part of the MOTU mythos, but the first film should be only He-Man vs Skeletor. (The fact that Skeletor doesn't know Hordak certainly raises questions on how this would be handled)

"I must possess all or I possess nothing!" Great nod to the old film (great line too)

Am I seeing things or did I spot Loo-Kee in the background while Adam was talking to Duncan in the cave?

My one real complaint is that Zodac said Orko would be helping with Adam's training and then he didn't. Orko didn't even show up until near the very end. I like the idea of Orko only playing the fool and actually being very wise and powerful but it needs to be played up more.

Also I wasn't too happy about Marlena having been unceremoniously killed off screen before the movie even began.
    thanks for taking the time and effort to watch the movie - and also for some great constructive feedback. i appreciate it, and you make some valid points. just a couple of tings that i will mention though is that some of the things which appear to make no sense, will in parts two and three. ( it was written as a trilogy from the outset) particularly the relationship between skeletor and hordak, and the 'death' of marlena.

there is definitely more to come on both of those fronts. and as for orko...there was a great sequence where you saw him fight his way through a horde of skeletors guards on the way to rescue randor, but i decided to cut it, as the flow of the movie didnt quite work with it in there. he will certainly kick some ass in the sequel, adams training still has some way to go yet....

Movie mayhem!
    I don't know how i missed this! Its really amazing what you've done. What did you use to make it?

I don't know how I missed this either! I cannot wait to watch these. But sadly I will have to wait till later or when I get home. Parts 1 - 3 have no link to them...just blank boxes. Can you try posting those links again please?
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Heroic Warrior
    must have gotten lost in the shuffle of the fan fic thread

i used iclone 3.2 to make this, which i had to learn on the fly. have really got to grips with the software now, so the sequel should be better in every way. also if anyone fancies sitting for the close to 2hr feature length version, it is here...

reposted parts:
    part 1

Part3

heh....maybe it's my work computer. Parts 1-3 are still blank even the reposts that you just made and the full length feature as well. I will check when I go home for lunch in about 1.5 hours and let you know. THANKS!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Interesting, I missed seeing this the first time around too.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    heh....maybe it's my work computer. Parts 1-3 are still blank even the reposts that you just made and the full length feature as well. I will check when I go home for lunch in about 1.5 hours and let you know. THANKS!
    no problem, let me know if you are still having issues, and ill upload to either vimeo or youtube : -)

would love to hear any feedback on it, it was somewhat a labour of love! too many hours to mention rendering, editing, etc.... was extremely satisfying though. either way it will serve as a stopgap until studio X, Y or Z decide to pull their finger out and bring us the real deal to the big screen

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    no problem, let me know if you are still having issues, and ill upload to either vimeo or youtube : -)

would love to hear any feedback on it, it was somewhat a labour of love! too many hours to mention rendering, editing, etc.... was extremely satisfying though. either way it will serve as a stopgap until studio X, Y or Z decide to pull their finger out and bring us the real deal to the big screen

Yep...it is just my POS work computer that has the issue. I will prob. watch this when I get back home later. Unfortunatly I am only on my lunch.

I missed this thread! Interesting work.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Heroic Warrior
    as promised, here is the first trailer for the grayskull sequel. not giving too much away at this stage. hope you enjoy it

http://www.tmunderground.com/watch/b...SEQUEL-TRAILER

I somehow managed to miss this when it was first completed, but I've managed to watch the final chapters now and it's great! (Although I couldn't get Chapter 7 to load for some reason) I'm really impressed though, all the characters are done great justice portrayal-wise, and the voice acting is superb. The atmosphere is gripping throughout and really brings Eternia to life. Great work and I can't wait for the sequel!
    Aidan Cross- Official Website
    The Bacillus- my band's official website
    Excavating the 80s- my blog on unsung bands of the 80s

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    I somehow managed to miss this when it was first completed, but I've managed to watch the final chapters now and it's great! (Although I couldn't get Chapter 7 to load for some reason) I'm really impressed though, all the characters are done great justice portrayal-wise, and the voice acting is superb. The atmosphere is gripping throughout and really brings Eternia to life. Great work and I can't wait for the sequel!
    as luck would have it, i just uploaded part one of the sequel a couple of hours ago. thaks for the comments, i really appreciate it. check out the sequel here, and feel free to leave some feedback : - )

http://www.tmunderground.com/watch/e...-Hordak-Part-1

Your animations are just amazing, malice...

I am speechless...great story, great "casting" of the voices who intonate the different characters etc.

Simply perfect. I cannot wait for the next part. I am checking this site and vimeo EVERY day for updates...

Keep up the fantastic work together with your team.

Your fan

mm

PS: I really hope that King Hiss shows up in the next parts. I am a great fan of King Hiss and his "power of transformation".

This is a monumental effort! Thanks for putting this out there, great attention to detail on the female costumes, great voice acting as well.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    thanks for all the positive comments on the movie.

part 2 is ahead of schedule ,and will be online within the next couple of hours

Heroic Warrior
    Part two of the new movie is now online for you to have a peek at! enjoy

Untitled from mik on Vimeo.

here is part one if you missed it first time round:

GRAYSKULL II: Part1 from mik on Vimeo.

A great installment again, malice...

Poor Webstor... he got to know the "bad side" of Hordak and was not really able to enjoy it.

I hope the 3rd part will be there soon.

Keep up the great work!

Your fan

MM

Heroic Warrior
    and here we go with part 3 of the grayskull sequel

GREAT malice!!!!

King Hiss will rise again!!!!