Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your most prized collectible?

What is your most prized collectible?

My favorite collectible is the SMW Toad cookie jar, circa 1990. It is ceramic. The head lifts off to store the cookies. I'm hoping to eventually get Yoshi.

What's yours?
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; June 16, 2013 at 07:58pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    That's hard to say. I would say it's my 1974 Roadrunner, my Stormtrooper armor set or my Boba Fett armor set.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

You seriously got real stormtrooper armor?

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    You seriously got real stormtrooper armor?
    And then some...

Plus I got a Rubies Darth Vader suit but I've never donned it because I'm too short to pull off a decent Vader.

I'm trying to own all the Imperial armor sets from the movies I like. I still need to acquire a Biker Scout Armor set and a Snowtrooper armor set (this one will be tough). I really am not too anxious for the AT-AT Driver armor set.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 5, 2012 at 01:18pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Transformers: Grand Maximus

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Probably my prototype Dinosaucers figures

The other thing would be the SDCC He-Man Statue from the before MYP He-Man started (limited to 500)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    My original Fortress Maximus, definitely. My grandparents came through BIG in getting it back from a cousin in Vermont. Sure, it's not mint and Spike is missing-but it's the one I tore open Christmas morning all those years ago. It's pretty special to me.

I also like my Brave Maximus I nabbed for $160 on eBay "to resell". I will resell it eventually. Granted, it's been about 4 years, but who is counting?
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Master of New Adventures!
    Well, I've got this drop-dead gorgeous, blue-eyed, crimson-haired Irish doll... Definitely one of a kind.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; March 5, 2012 at 03:02pm.

Laissez les bon temps rou Chaz-Man's Avatar
    The poster I had signed by Stan Lee in person. I already had a comic signed by him that I got through the mail, so I almost didnt get his autograph. Had it not been the only way to even talk to him, I probably wouldnt have, but knowing he signed it in person, with me standing there makes it more valuable to me.
    Sing once again with me our strange duet.
    My power over you grows stronger yet.
    And though you turn from me,
    to glance behind,
    the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your mind ...

HeMan.org User Profiles Thread (Please Post)

He-Man.org Member Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Well, I've got this drop-dead gorgeous, blue-eyed, crimson-haired Irish doll... Definitely one of a kind.
    Does that imply that she's a possession? That's pretty evil, Jackie O...and I like it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    And then some...

Plus I got a Rubies Darth Vader suit but I've never donned it because I'm too short to pull off a decent Vader.
    I love your armor sets, Benny. You should let me borrow the Vader suit. I'm 6'7" and would make a pretty good Vader. Bwa-hah-hah! I will don a Vader suit at some point. And my wife will pretend to hate it but actually be quite amused.

My favorite collectible? I was going to say Bronze KG from SDCC. But Chaz-Man's post reminded me that I have some old X-Men comics signed by Chris Claremont. #266 (first Gambit) is probably my favorite of the lot.

Eternia.

Even though the tracks are breaking, it's still in decent shape.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    My two favorite collectibles are:

Convoy.jpg Bought it when it was first released while I was stationed in Japan.

IMAG0150.jpg A Xmas gift from my mother
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    I love your armor sets, Benny. You should let me borrow the Vader suit. I'm 6'7" and would make a pretty good Vader. Bwa-hah-hah! I will don a Vader suit at some point. And my wife will pretend to hate it but actually be quite amused.
    Yes, I've noticed that MOTU seems to draw some very tall individuals. I wonder if there is a correlation there.

And you should put on a Vader suit at some point. The ladies dig a man in all black...

I guess I'd say my large Storm seahorse. It's Aquaman's steed and was produced in limited numbers by Tonner. (I think they only made 200, but I'm not positive.) Mera and Storm were going to be limited editions to Tonner's annual convention and San Diego Comic Con, but they were such a hit that both sold out at Tonner's con and never made it to Comic Con. They only kept one to display at SDCC. A guy that works for my comic shop went up to the Tonner booth the last day of the show as they were tearing down and asked if he could buy the display Storm and they sold it to him (and then he to me). It's so friggin huge, though, I never had a place to display it. My husband was finishing our basement last year and I had Storm in a closet down there. Then, while we were out of town, the basement flooded and was completely ruined. I lost THOUSANDS in collectibles. (And thousands more in furniture, etc.) But somehow, the door to the closet where Storm was stashed, swelled up with water and became air tight! So everything inside was intact! It was the power of Aquaman, I swear! This Storm was already the very last one, then he survived this calamity?! It was truly a blessing!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Does that imply that she's a possession? That's pretty evil, Jackie O...and I like it!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Vxnqkm0kMJ...s-property.jpg
    So does she.

And as you well know, Benny, sometimes bad is good.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; March 5, 2012 at 09:44pm.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    JSC Jungle Fairchild Gray.jpg

My 19"x13" J. Scott Campbell commission from San Francisco Wondercon 2007 - San Diego Comic Con 2010.

Mine would be my Adam West Batman memorabilia.

I have an umbrella and hat used by Burgess Meredith in "Fine Finny Friends" and a set of cat ears worn by Julie Newmar.

It is a tie between the amazing spiderman series that introduced carnage, my infinity gauntlet collection, and my signed piper gi joe from JoeCon 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    My two favorite collectibles are:

Convoy.jpg Bought it when it was first released while I was stationed in Japan.

IMAG0150.jpg A Xmas gift from my mother
    Nice Opt.!!! I got The Megatron and Ghost Version Starscream!!!

Laissez les bon temps rou Chaz-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Mine would be my Adam West Batman memorabilia.

I have an umbrella and hat used by Burgess Meredith in "Fine Finny Friends" and a set of cat ears worn by Julie Newmar.
    Adam West and Burt Ward will be appearing at Dallas Comic Con this year
    Sing once again with me our strange duet.
    My power over you grows stronger yet.
    And though you turn from me,
    to glance behind,
    the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your mind ...

HeMan.org User Profiles Thread (Please Post)

He-Man.org Member Photos

Just out of curiousity, how well have those old bat-man episodes aged? I used to love the show when I was a kid, but it's been forever since I've seen an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    Just out of curiousity, how well have those old bat-man episodes aged? I used to love the show when I was a kid, but it's been forever since I've seen an episode.
    It depends. It's campy and sometimes silly, but that was all intentional. It's NOT dark or gritty. If you liked 'Batman: The Brave & The Bold,' you'll probably like it. I liked the fact that Batman & Robin are in costume nearly 90% of every episode. With other shows, the hero is always in their secret identity until the very end, or like twice an episode. Plus the villains are so colorful and over-the-top. No random crime bosses or evil executives here!

What is the most prized item in your collection?

Just like it says...
    What is your most prized item in your collection?
    Id say keep it to one item...but Ive been here long enough.
    Post yer pics if you have um!!

This is an Asian Ball Joint Doll
    He is made by a company named Soom.
    He is made of resin and hand painted.
    To my knowledge, be it as it may, there are less than 500 of these made and even fewer with the company paint fully intact.
    70cm tall
    He freaking rocks...oh he has hooves but too hard to photograph with my phone.
    You can take off the hooves and put on human legs but it takes about 30 minutes to do that!
    You can take out the eyes and hair too.

I hope to see what you all prize most.
    Maybe cost is your deciding factor or memories...whatever...just share!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

We actually have a thread for this already. Not many people responded to it though because a lot of people were unhappy with me

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ed-collectible