Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Director's Commentary #7:Dear Legal, it is "Zodac" not "Zodiac". This is not a

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I knew vintage Zodac was designated evil because they wanted equal numbers on both sides, but I never realized it was because of his feet!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    They could include the chair with the alien Cosmic Enforcer. I think he was a early Zodak design, IIRC.
    Id love this guy

the ignore list is my new best friend

Did he explain the title? Did this really happen or is it just a funny title like the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Although I like the idea that they are trying to find a way to release Zodac's chair, I'm against the idea of doing another Zodac/k release.
    With Todac, Zodak and TRU 2-pack Zodac that would be the 4th version of Zodac/k in MOTUC. There aren't even as many He-Man variants...
    And how much can you change him anyway to justify yet another variant? Add the white stripe to the helmet? That hardly seems enough for me.
    Not me! I want more comic enforcers. I want one with actual gloves and the white stripe. I want the chair with him. Wundar is an enforcer in my canon. I wish we had the alien enforcer and other repaints. Like a cosmic enforcer set!

I want that skinny alien cosmic enforcer sooooooooo bad. Release the head or chair with him (and then we'd have a new buck too!)

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Crap. I want a TRU Zodac now ... I gave eBay for Lent though!
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    I want that skinny alien cosmic enforcer sooooooooo bad. Release the head or chair with him (and then we'd have a new buck too!)
    This might sound a bit weird, but I wonder if they could do this without a new skinny buck. What if they used the female buck and just had new forearms, new knees or lower legs, and upper torso. You could probably make the alien figure that way... if it felt "classicized" enough for them.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Very interesting to read how they went about planning Zodac, and including plans for Zodak. Obviously, I would love more official enforcers. If we could get the chair too, that'd be great.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Very interesting to read how they went about planning Zodac, and including plans for Zodak. Obviously, I would love more official enforcers. If we could get the chair too, that'd be great.
    Yes please.

Female, alien, all body types, all armor colors, etc.

That could be a good way to get us Mighty Specter's energy whip too.

African Americans on Eternia? That was an ignorant remark. Are there Europeans on Eternia? We're not talking about cultures or ethnicities. We're talking about complexion. That's all. I'm sure on Eternia there are darker skinned people that aren't from Africa, just like on our planet. In fact, there are orange, green, purple, and you name it, and they're all considered Eternians like we're considered Earthlings. They needed color diversification back then and even today. Someone's skin being darker doesn't change their character in anyway, anymore than you getting a tan would mess with yours. I am sympathetic to the whole nostalgia thing, so I can understand that. I just hate the whole there are no African Americans on Eternia garbage. Just plain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon14 View Post
    African Americans on Eternia? That was an ignorant remark. Are there Europeans on Eternia? We're not talking about cultures or ethnicities. We're talking about complexion. That's all. I'm sure on Eternia there are darker skinned people that aren't from Africa, just like on our planet. In fact, there are orange, green, purple, and you name it, and they're all considered Eternians like we're considered Earthlings. They needed color diversification back then and even today. Someone's skin being darker doesn't change their character in anyway, anymore than you getting a tan would mess with yours. I am sympathetic to the whole nostalgia thing, so I can understand that. I just hate the whole there are no African Americans on Eternia garbage. Just plain ignorant.
    Someone once browbeat me on these forums for describing Jitsu and Ninjor as "Asian," as in "There's no Asia in Eternia!"

To this day I still find it offensive that MYP actually had to "designate" a "token" black character in order to appear racially diverse. Create new characters with dark skin and features, but don't retool a 20-year old character and paint him black just to look socially progressive.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Snappy Threader
    I think at the same time, we need to applaud TG and/or Mattel for including Zodac and Zodak, when they could have just said oh well, Zodac was white so the MOTUC shall be too. Even though the premise of "token" character is there, I'm glad it was seperated into two characters. Superfriends did the same with Eldorado, Samurai, Apache Chief and Black Vulcan. All in an attempt to be politically correct. I fully support diversity, both in real life and in toy lines.

Heroic Warrior
    Great, I'm already looking for TRU Zodac, now I kind of want Zodak too. Who knew I'd be buying 3 versions of freakin' Zodac!?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Pfft, all three are front and center of my display right now since I recently bought the TRU pack. Give me a cosmic enforcer army builder pack!

Also, I love these commentaries, and I'm very surprised I haven't read the phrase "revisionist history" on this thread yet. I'm sure one of our local insiders will attack at any moment...

I really enjoyed this one!

It's funny - I related to him on a lot of things:

- I also had the Teela/Zoar two-pack (to replace my totally worn out with missing accessories original Teela).

- My mom also marked my figures on the bottom of the feet (with a "B" - my first initial) so that my figures wouldn't be confused with my best friend's

- I also used my Grayskull playset as a personal suitcase LOL... well, for MOTU stuff... it went everywhere!! To my grandparents' house, my aunts' and uncles' homes, my friends' homes LOL.

As for the comparison between the Cosmic Enforcers and the Green Lantern Corp., it's quite difficult NOT to make that comparison. I never picked up on the Abin Sur / Zodac Zur thing... but now that Scott has mentioned it, it's obvious

I don't mind that though.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    good read. I would love the 2nd Zodak head and his flying chair!!! Fingers crossed!

A great blog post. Zodac is my favorite character! Interesting about the reasoning behind his villain status. I would be highly in favor of a 2nd Zodak head and would easily buy another Zodac if it means getting an official MOTUC Zodac chair!

They could include the chair with the alien Cosmic Enforcer. I think he was a early Zodak design, IIRC.
    What if they used the female buck and just had new forearms, new knees or lower legs, and upper torso.
    I'm totally down with alien Zodac.

If they ever get around to making a smaller, younger 200X Adam they could use parts from him. That might work better than female parts, plus, as Emiliano has pointed out, the skinny buck could be used for other characters too, like Lizard Man.

BTW Alien Zodac was the 4H's original concept for 200X Zodac.

I love these posts, but there seems to be an

5350967.png

moment in each one. This time, it was Stratos.

I love these posts, keep them coming. I love to learn the behind the scenes stuff, as it helps us understand what goes on with the line. Ideally I'd like him to have posts like this on figures he's currently working on, so we can all be in the know, and dont spend all our time nerd raging.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    If they make an action figure for Zeelahr (Zodak's brother), they could easily package the extra head with him. I think that would be the best figure to include the head with. For people who don't have Zodak (or have only one and don't want to switch heads), they could just buy two Zeelahr figures and put the extra head on the other Zeelahr body. Packaging a bald Zodak head with Zeelahr would certainly increase sales for that figure.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...9CKDKG16bWlwaZ
    i'm with you on this man. who better to have the extra head then his brother

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Just make the damn chair

Nicely sculpted chair with Zodak's head would be easy buy for us! Just like you did with the Weapons Rack!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Taking a look at Zodac’s red blaster, I asked Terry to please add a small ring of silver to the barrel. At the time, this was the most influence I had on the design of a figure. And adding that small silver deco hit on the end of his blaster was one of the coolest things I ever got to do.

Then, if you do have some influence on deco, why did we get an answer like this about Frosta? You'll need to talk to the Horsemen on the Horsemen site. They do the deco, not me

This is the only important part of the whole article.....Please make it happen:
    I’m actually trying to find a way to get this second head into the line much as we did with the extra comic book head for Skeletor that came with Demo-Man. Just gotta find the right figure to include this with!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I LOVE these Blogs!!!

The Staff being cast with the rest of Zodac explains a lot, as Im sure the staff,Armor and Blaster all shared a tool!

and I LOL"d at the 'red Nail Polish' thing cos my mum did the same with a black marker, all my early figures have a stripe on the bottom of their feet so I didnt end up with my Cousins!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Cool post. Still could have done without the defensive bits...

Zeelahr is the perfect character to include Zodak's helmless head!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar