Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTUC Director's Commentary #7:Dear Legal, it is "Zodac" not "Zodiac". This is not a

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    He posts them on Matty...
    But for some reason they are locked so you have to be a registered forum user to even just see them.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    But for some reason they are locked so you have to be a registered forum user to even just see them.
    They need to lure users to the forums...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon14 View Post
    Oh boy. Well I will not resort to name calling. If you had read my other post you would know that I don't think TG is a racist in any way. And I was not offended by his remarks. Just thought that he needed to show more care on a subject that can be lightning rod as you can see by this thread
    Honestly, I can see right away he was just pointing out the absurdity of calling a person of African descendents on Earth as African Americans (or Canadians or from the Caribbean) on Eternia. Heck, the fact that Eternia is a planet and not a continent, maybe it would have been ok if he said African Earthlings instead...lol. And sure, maybe it is ok to say Black or White Eternian's when it comes to to the Caucasian and Afrocentric humans on Eternia, but if you're gonna start using color, are we suppose to call Jitsu and and Ninjor as Yellow? Should we do like the Wu Tang and call Rio Blast Butter Pecan (scooped in my Ice Cream truck, who tears it up) This all coming from a black man born and raised in Canada with parents from the Caribbean (Grenada), so I am not African American, but Grenadian-Canadian (don't you just love that rhyme scheme? lol) In the end, let's just be happy it wasn't Stratos that got the PC nightmare of race change lol

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    I wasn't aware that non-registered people couldn't see them.

I've added all the blog links from He-Man.org to the front of the thread.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 10, 2012 at 05:20pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I cant actually find them over at Matty...what thread/section are they in?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I cant actually find them over at Matty...what thread/section are they in?
    Toy Lines --> MOTUC Director's Commentary

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Honestly, I can see right away he was just pointing out the absurdity of calling a person of African descendents on Earth as African Americans (or Canadians or from the Caribbean) on Eternia. Heck, the fact that Eternia is a planet and not a continent, maybe it would have been ok if he said African Earthlings instead...lol. And sure, maybe it is ok to say Black or White Eternian's when it comes to to the Caucasian and Afrocentric humans on Eternia, but if you're gonna start using color, are we suppose to call Jitsu and and Ninjor as Yellow? Should we do like the Wu Tang and call Rio Blast Butter Pecan (scooped in my Ice Cream truck, who tears it up) This all coming from a black man born and raised in Canada with parents from the Caribbean (Grenada), so I am not African American, but Grenadian-Canadian (don't you just love that rhyme scheme? lol) In the end, let's just be happy it wasn't Stratos that got the PC nightmare of race change lol
    Ha ha. I actually had no problem with Stratos being black, though I know that wouldn't work and TG lightly touched on it. As you know, "white" and "black" are culturally accepted names for race in this country. We'll hear those names on TV and read them in print. Yellow, brown, orange, pink, and polka dot are not. And if it ever becomes culturally insensitive to use the terms "black" and "white" then we'll stop using it. And if African American and Black are synonymous terms, which they are in most circles, then using African American is not absurd in connection with Eternia. When Mattel said they wanted an African American on Eternia, everyone and their mama knew what they were talking about. Including TG. If they said they wanted a Native American we know what they'd be asking for and that character wouldn't have yellow skin. It's communication 101. We use terms people can connect with and relate to even if it technically is not accurate. TG is a "cool" guy. You know what that means. It doesn't mean he's cold. That's why the African Americans "(on Eternia?)" remark is so unnecessary. Was there a human being on Earth that actually wondered aloud if the fictional planet of Eternia had Africans or Americans? No! So why bring it up? Totally unnecessary

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    To this day Zodac is still what I consider one of the "Perfect MOTUC updates.", & he still remains one of my favorite figures from the entire line...

Agree x2 JS

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    2) I once worked for a guy who's father came over from North Africa... Whitest guy I ever saw..
    Heh yeah if I were to emigrate to the States I would technically be African American... but Im caucasian.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar