Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mecha Workshop: Armarauders = AWESOME!!!!!!

Mecha Workshop: Armarauders = AWESOME!!!!!!

Do you like big ass robots? Do you like Don Figueroa art? Then check this out;

MECHA WORKSHOP - ARMARAUDERS
    OVERVIEW

PROJECT TITLE: ARMARAUDERS

MISSION: NEW ACTION FIGURE TOY-LINE WITH WEB COMIC AND MOTION COMIC TIE-INS

LAUNCH DATE: MARCH 07, 2012

OBJECTIVE: STAGE 1 - LAUNCH OF ONLINE WEB COMIC

STATUS: WEB COMIC AND MOTION COMIC WILL BOTH BE AVAILABLE TO VIEW ONLINE FOR FREE

LAUNCH SEQUENCE: ONLINE COMIC WILL BE RELEASED IN WAVES

•EACH WAVE OF THE WEB COMIC WILL CONSIST OF SEVEN PAGES
    •MOTION COMIC WILL BE RELEASED IN BETWEEN EACH WAVE OF THE WEB COMIC
    •TWO ACTION-PACKED STORY-ARCS ARE CURRENTLY PLANNED
    •EACH STORY-ARC CONSISTS OF SIX ISSUES
    •EACH ISSUE CONTAINS TWENTY-EIGHT PAGES
    •PUBLISHED COMIC BOOK EDITIONS WILL BE RELEASED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE TOY LINE

ARMARAUDERS: THE LAST BATTALION
    A PRELUDE TO WAR

The people of Earth had become a hazard unto themselves. The population levels outpaced the food supply, precious resources had been spent, and their planet’s environment was fouled to dangerous levels. Many nations were eying neighboring lands with conquest in mind, and a vicious global war seemed inevitable.

Like an all too convenient prayer, the Runerians came. Although their starships arrived at Earth as broken hulks with the scars of battle, the technology they represented was far beyond that of humankind. A species of pacifists, the Runerians (aka “Runeks”) arrived in the name of peace… but also with a warning—

The Wasters were coming.

The Wasters were an alien species of conquerors. They despoiled planets for resources, technology, and slaves—destroying all which was not of use to them. The Runeks had fled their own planet, Runera, being apparently ill suited to defend against the onslaught. Many Runerian starships—unable to make the voyage—self-destructed rather than allow their species’ advanced technology to fall into such brutal hands.

In exchange for sanctuary and protection, the Runerians shared their knowledge with the humans. Mankind quickly adapted to these new gifts. Mining colonies were established on Earth’s moon—as well as the two moons of Mars, Deimos and Phobos—for new raw materials. Machinery capable of turning raw energy into food alleviated the problems of starvation. As to the problem of over-population… the Wasters, themselves, helped solve that.

For the Wasters were soon upon them. The Runerians' more advanced technology allowed them to arrive significantly before the Waster horde, giving Earth enough time to prepare for the impending threat; it was barely enough. Millions of lives were lost. Entire cities were obliterated. Yet, the humans held their ground. Using weapons originally designed to attack each other, humanity held the line, and in a glorious victory, saved planet Earth from destruction.

In a brief span of years, humanity had gone from utter ruin, to a self-sufficient planet able to maintain its current population. But with the Waster armada defeated, humanity shifted its focus to the alien refuges. Some humans, seeing the Runerians as saviors, looked to them as if they were gods. But many more looked upon them with hatred—a focus of blame for the Waster invasion. Some even suggested that the Runerians had visited Earth in the past, and that they had caused mankind to fall into the state Earth was in when the Runerians arrived. The Runerians did little to dissuade such negatively, many actively stating that they looked upon humans as violent, coarse, and uncivilized.

A decision was made, and a pact between nations was formed. Rather than fight a defensive war, waiting for the next attack, Earth would take the fight to the Wasters. Just as Earth had learned peaceful technology from the Runerians, they studied the Wasters’ technology, and learned of war. Giant mechanical assault vehicles were constructed, mimicking the humanoid physiology of its pilots. The first goal of the new mech units was to reclaim the planet Runera for their new allies. But goals are easier stated than accomplished.

FULL GEAR BELLEROPHON: CAM’S SPECIAL

Mech fans…your voices have been heard. A new mech action-figure for a new era marches your way. MECHA WORKSHOP presents the Bellerphon Mechs of ARMAURADERS: THE LAST BATTALION!

MECHA WORKSHOP is proud to announce an all-new line of action figures featuring the Bellerphon mech. With a committed attention to detail and included accessories, the highly articulated Bellerphon is sure to impress the most dedicated Mech enthusiasts and scrupulous toy collectors alike.

The first to answer the call to duty is the Full Gear Bellerophon: Cam’s Special. Piloted by Private First Class Cameron Knox, this Bellerophon Infantry Mech represents the core in which to build a Mech army.

In a war against an alien threat that spans the galaxy, a soldier must adapt, alter, and conform as needed in order to survive and prevail. Named after the hero of Greek mythology who slew the monstrous Chimera, the Bellerphon is designed to function as a multi-purpose and highly mobile infantry unit—an ultra-advanced mech that serves as both grunt and warhorse against the onslaught of a relentless enemy. With the addition of specially designed optional equipment, the Bellerphon serves as a “jack of all trades” on the battlefield, and can be called upon to serve on a wide range of specialty missions.

With the Bellerophon Mech serving as the core in which to build upon and modify, special add-on equipment such as armor, backpacks, and weapons, make the infantry unit highly adaptable for any battlefield—be it land, air, sea, or space.

MECHA WORKSHOP will first release the Full Gear Bellerophon: Cam’s Special, and it will come equipped with custom full gear armor. A later release will be the Pegasus Drone. This “triple-change” add-on to the Bellerophon Mech for air combat is designed to provide flight capabilities when attached in Jet-Pack mode, as well as serve as a Drone-Turret or Jet.

The Bellerophon is just one component of a highly versatile Mech army that toy collectors and Mech enthusiasts will want to expand upon. Future releases will see additional Mechs with unique functions and capabilities—such as being able to combine and/or reconfigure into additional Mech designs—to face a wide array of enemies no matter where the battlefield may be.

The Bellerphon mech is the vital key to overcome impossible odds and live to fight another day. Be sure to view the Bellerphon Mech in action and check out the exclusive free-to-view online webcomic and motion comic presented by MECHA WORKSHOP—ARMARUADERS: THE LAST BATTALION.

ADDITIONAL TOY DETAILS

TOY: FULL GEAR BELLEROPHON (CAM'S SPECIAL]
    PILOT FIGURE: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS CAMERON KNOX
    PILOT FIGURE HEIGHT: 4.5 CM / 1.7 INCHES
    MECH HEIGHT: 27 CM / 10.6 INCHES

FEATURES:

MECH POINTS OF ARTICULATION

•HEAD/NECK - 2 (X1) = 2
    •HANDS - 15 (X2) = 30
    •ARMS/WRISTS - 5 (X2) = 10
    •BELLY/CHEST - 4 (X1) = 4
    •LEGS/ANKLE - 4 (x2) = 8
    •FEET/TOES - 1 (X2) = 2
    •SUB TOTAL: 56

ADDITIONAL POINTS OF ARTICULATION

•SHOULDER CANNONS - 1 (X2) = 2
    •SHOULDER THRUSTERS - 1 (X2) = 2
    •WAIST THRUSTERS - 1 (X2) = 2
    •HEEL JETS - 1 (X2) = 2
    •SHOULDER ARMOR - 1 (X2) = 2
    •SUB TOTAL: 10

POINTS OF ARTICULATION

•GRAND TOTAL = 66

MECH LOAD OUT FEATURES & ACCESSORIES

•PLASMA RIFLES (X2)
    •PLASMA CANNONS (X2)
    •MISSLE / CHAIN-GUN PODS (X2)
    •MEDIUM SHIELDS (X2)
    •LIGHT SHIELDS (X2)
    •HEAVY THRUSTERS (X2)
    •LIGHT THRUSTERS (X2)
    •HEEL JETS (X2)
    •ANTI-GRAVITY MOVEMENT ENHANCER
    •PLATE (X2)
    •AUTO SLIDING WORKING COCKPIT WITH DETAILED INTERIOR

TOY PACKAGE

•INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE COMIC BOOK (VARIANT OF ONLINE VERSION)
    •FIRST RUN WILL FEATURE EXCLUSIVE FOLD-OUT COVER
    •FIRST RUN WILL FEATURE EXCLUSIVE TRI-BLADES (X2)

CUSTOMIZABLE LOAD OUTS

•REMOVABLE ARMOR
    •ATTACHABLE WEAPONS AND DRONE PACKS

COMING SOON

•PEGASUS DRONE / AIR BELLEROPHON ARMOR ADD-ONS

ADDITIONAL COMIC DETAILS

THE COMIC WILL BE PRESENTED IN VARIOUS FORMATS:

•ONLINE WEB COMIC
    •ONLINE MOTION COMIC
    •PUBLISHED COMIC BOOK

EACH FORMAT WILL FEATURE UNIQUE VARIATIONS SUCH AS:

•EXPANDED SPLASH PAGE RATIOS TO EXPAND AND EXTEND ACTION-PACKED BATTLE SCENES
    •COLOR VARIATIONS FOR THE ENEMY "WASTERS"

THE COMIC WILL BE ORIGINALLY AVAILABLE IN FIVE LANGUAGES:

•ENGLISH
    •JAPANESE
    •KOREAN
    •CHINESE
    •ITALIAN

PROJECT TEAM MEMBERS

TOY

•PRODUCER: VALENT WANG
    •CONCEPT/DESIGNS: DON FIGUEROA
    •SCULPOTR: LUCA ZAMPRIOLO
    •3D ARTIST: DANIEL DeENTREMONT

COMIC

•CONCEIVED BY DON FIGUEROA & VALENT WANG
    •STORY: DON FIGUEROA & DAN TAYLOR
    •SCRIPT: DAN TAYLOR
    •ILLUSTRATOR/DESIGNS; DON FIGUEROA
    •COLORS/LOGO DESIGN & ADDITIONAL ART: ENRICO GALLI
    •LETTERS: THOMAS MAUER
    •EDITS: NIGEL BRADLEY & DAN TAYLOR

SPECIAL THANKS

•AARON STATIC DANKS
    •CHAN KOK WENG (EARTH X)
    •CHRIS GUANCHE (MECHA & ANIME HQ)
    •DICK DE GROOT (BE YOURSELF MUSIC)
    •ED SANDFORD & CREW (ROBOT-JAPAN)
    •EMILY LIM
    •JEFFRY ENGLERT (TFW2005)
    •JOSEPH TSAI (TOKYO-HUNTER)
    •JOSHUA BERNARD (CollectionDX)
    •LATENDO CREW
    •THE FALCON'S HANGER CREW
    •TOM FRANK
    •YANJIE (RAPID CULTURE)

MOTION COMIC

•MOTION COMIC DIRECTOR: JOE WHITEAKER (STUDIO 414)
    •CONCEPT: DARIUS JULIAN & NIGEL BRADLEY
    •MUSIC COMPOSER: ALEX KURILOV
    •VOICE OVER: FRANK TODARO, JON BAILEY

TRANSLATIONS

•JAPANESE/KOREAN: PETER KIM
    •ITALIAN: ENRICO GALLI & MARCO PALESE
    •CHINESE: ATAC (SINGAPORE) & CHINA-LINK (SINGAPORE)

WEBSITE

•BLOG/FACEBOOK/WEB DESIGNER: DARIUS JULIAN

CONTACT

•VALENT WANG - valent@mechaworkshop.com
    •PRESS KIT AVAILABLE AT - http://www.mechaworkshop.com/ARMA-Press-Kit.zip

A tonne more pictures (and I mean a tonne) right here: Mecha Workshop: Armarauders

Great...I guess I need to get another job...

Seriously ,this rocks. I wish I had the money and space to spare.

These are like a mix of Robotech, M.A.S.K and Centurions. I am so on board with this.

those look awesome

but expensive
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Very cool! Though I feel like it's a bit of info overload! The one thing I wonder... how much?

3rd Party Transformers are about $100 now so I am thinking this will be between $80-$120

Wha...I...I love. Want. Give me.

But MAN thems is gona be expensive! I think I'll either love it so much that I'll pick one and get it or just admire from afar...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Worried about price?

This is from Mecha Workshop's producer Valent Wang;

We'd like to encourage "troop" building, so the pricing gotta be right.
    Don't wish to force feed anyone with tons of repaints and whatnot.
    And remember, having to finally get your hands on a rare toy and only to have it reissued later on? Thus, screwing up the value of your first run?
    Our first run will always be a little more special.

Trust me, Don as a toy enthusiast himself knows of all your burdens.
    Both Don and I share pretty much the same experience when we were young.
    Having to look into a toy store without being able to afford the toy we wanted (Mine was a DX God Mars) I/We love combiners

Pricing and size have been a much discussed topic, and we'll do our very best to balance both. Trust me when I say that all of us only want the best for the toy community, especially Don. This being his "baby" project, he has no intention of screwing toy collectors/enthusiast up in any way.

We've a few tricks up our sleeves that we cannot reveal as of yet.
    It's not because we're playing the marketing game.
    It's just that it's still in an early stage of development and might not work.

Well that sounds promising! Still, it could be on the lower end of expensive; i'm not saying that's bad, of course. I understand how independent toys end up being expensive, and in many cases some of them are totally worth it, but still outside my price range (especially since I collect so much). I'm prepared to be surprised, though. I hope this is within a range I could go with. The idea that they want to encourage army building is a GREAT thing to hear! I will be eagerly watching this.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Armarauders Facebook Page discussion with some new information;

Me:"Has there been any thought on a cockpit ladder/loading bay add on for the figure?"

Armarauraders:"Yes actually, our very first prototype has a ladder. However, we removed it in the end as it looked out of place and took up lots of space inside the cockpit itself. Our second prototype came with a built in cockpit/motorbike. The cockpit could actually separate/eject from the Mech's chest itself.

Now, with our last and final design. The Mech can actually kneel in a position that would allow the pilot to climb in with ease. This infantry Mech can also "curl up" to make itself smaller, so as to fully untilize the space within the carriers. We're at WAR soldier!!!"
    I am not a huge bipedal mecha fan but there is something about this that definitely has me excited, which I think it is obvious as I have the most posts in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am not a huge bipedal mecha fan but there is something about this that definitely has me excited, which I think it is obvious as I have the most posts in this thread
    Oh don't get me wrong; this has me friggin' GEEKED. It's just I don't wana get myself psyched up when I don't know the price range yet. It's still highly probable that I won't be able to afford more than one - if even that. Seriously though, this is directly up my alley. One of my top favorite kinda things, and something I've always wanted in a mecha toyline. I'm especially foaming at the mouth 'cause my favorite toyline, MSiA, kinda died in favor of Robot Damashii, which just isn't doing it for me as much as MSiA. So I'm totally up for something new and interesting like this...I just don't know if I'll be able to afford it.
    Last edited by Alexx; March 11, 2012 at 01:50am.

I do agree the cost is something that could be prohibitive and if they were smart they wouldn't price themselves out of the game. Looking at the concept art and prototype pictures I can see how they could make a "standard buck" out of the sculpt which would lower tooling costs, which in turn could hopefully lower the cost to us.

As for me, I am already psyched up regardless of price so the first figure is already bought. If they are too expensive I just won't buy any more

(and I had to look up MSiA as I had no idea what it was )

Latest news from Facebook is that the Bellerophon is going to be scaled down to 9 inches but with keeping the pilot at the same size
    Last edited by TheFallen; March 21, 2012 at 07:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow these look awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey TheFallen
    Did you get my PM?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Wow these look awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey TheFallen
    Did you get my PM?
    Yeah, sorry I must have missed it. I have replied.

As far as price goes for this mecha, it looks like it will be in vicinity of $100 but it will include diecast parts. The current release timetable is late December/early January

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Ultimately, it depends on what these toys cost, and I fear the price might be out of a range I'd actually pay despite these toys being decent, and probably equal to or better than mechs imported from Japan. $100 is well out of my interest range I'm afraid, and die cast really isn't a big factor for me. It can be nice when it's done well, but you have to make sure the weight isn't going to strain the plastic parts, and one big reason I don't care for it is that it requires a high grade of paint, which a lot of toy companies won't use- I had Masterpiece Skywarp once and its die cast parts flaked paint like crazy just from being scraped by normal transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Ultimately, it depends on what these toys cost, and I fear the price might be out of a range I'd actually pay despite these toys being decent, and probably equal to or better than mechs imported from Japan.
    They have said they won't be over $100, even though it may be around that price the final price hasn't be released yet

Armarauders have updated their Facebook page showing us some refined concept art and a prototype of the minifigure pilot which is onlty 5cm tall (2 inches)

I was talking to the producer, Valent Wang, and he told me that this toy line will feature influences and homages to both MOTU and Thundercats plus a big influence from Centurions which you can see by the interchangeable weapons.

There is still no official price but they are expected to release the main figure, the Bellerophon with the pilot, weapons for both and the Mech Stand in one package in Q1 2013. Go like them on Facebook and jump on for the ride

Very cool. I really love the design. The tiny figure is awesome.

Some pics of the in-progress proto. This is looking amazing.

GEEZE these are awesome. So rare when the robot AND pilot are both awesome looking figures. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for a final price. I hope they're in my price range - at LEAST to be able to buy one. I could settle for that.

More pics today:

Many more on Facebook.

I have created a Facebook group for this toy line. If you would like to join then please let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/590199704356533/

I'm with Alexx; I'm hoping these guys come in at a not-too-crazy price. I'd love to at least get one.

Any news on when? I know the early estimate was Dec/Jan, but obviously that didn't work out.

It has been stated that these were coming in Q1 of 2013. I am guessing that preorders will start sometime next month and we will have the figures in our hands before May.

- - - Updated - - -

I have updated my blog with a look at the Bellerophon, the prototype from then to now;

Armarauders: Building the Bellerophon - a retrospective

Armarauders have updated their Facebook page with concept renders of the docking stand.

If you are a member of the Armarauders: Unity fan group you would be able to see a little bit more than what is on the Armarauders page
    The rest will be shown on the Armarauders page in time but at this time it is exclusive to Armarauders: Unity only