Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Wow...how'd you manage to do that in under 3 hours?
    Well, I'm not sure if it's settled yet. The shipping address - yes, but the billing address - ? So, it might be 3 hours.

Whoa

Talk about Matty-Implosion.

I'm a bit dissatisfied by the stock answers about calling customer service.

He can't provide actual phone numbers? I mean he claims that this is a "tiny tiny line," so wouldn't just a bit more proactive problem solving for these kinds of customers be feasible?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New stuff is up!

According to one of those new answers, Matty's hired someone, I see...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    This new CS team better be the Justice League, the Avengers, and the X-Men all rolled up into one package if they have a prayer of undoing all the damage that's been wrought by DR thus far. And it's unclear whether this really addresses some of the major problems; these people may help deal with the sub screw-ups and such, but what is being done to solve the technical end, where every year the second charge of the year is placed on an old card instead of the default? THere are huge functional problems with the site itself, and I don't see the "my subs" application being toyed with as solving that problem. You can have the best CS team in the world at your disposal, but there's not going to be a lot they can do if the Matty system is some archaic prototype for DOS. One of the reasons it has taken me so long on so many occasions calling Matty is because the CS rep is on the system and it seems to take forever to get something punched in, and then it invariably doesn't fix the problem the first time through.

There is something fundamentally wrong with whatever computerized system they are using (and I joke about DOS, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they were still using that at this point), and a lot of the problems we are having are directly tied to that system. Let's hope the new CS folks are computer whizzes in their spare time...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    This new CS team better be the Justice League, the Avengers, and the X-Men all rolled up into one package if they have a prayer of undoing all the damage that's been wrought by DR thus far.
    If not, what are you going to do about it?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

"Shipping matters

Why do parcels get shipped to Sweden first, when they are supposed to be shipped to Germany? It doesn't make any sense.

And why doesn't DR note the shipping costs on the parcels?
    It's important for customs duty...

How product is shipped is based on the shipping method you choose. Some of the less expensive methods take longer."

But it still makes less sense why packages for Canada are going to Sweden before coming back across the ocean to Canada.
    At least Germany is close to Sweden (geographically speaking) or on the same continent.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    This new CS team better be the Justice League, the Avengers, and the X-Men all rolled up into one package if they have a prayer of undoing all the damage that's been wrought by DR thus far. And it's unclear whether this really addresses some of the major problems; these people may help deal with the sub screw-ups and such, but what is being done to solve the technical end, where every year the second charge of the year is placed on an old card instead of the default? THere are huge functional problems with the site itself, and I don't see the "my subs" application being toyed with as solving that problem. You can have the best CS team in the world at your disposal, but there's not going to be a lot they can do if the Matty system is some archaic prototype for DOS. One of the reasons it has taken me so long on so many occasions calling Matty is because the CS rep is on the system and it seems to take forever to get something punched in, and then it invariably doesn't fix the problem the first time through.

There is something fundamentally wrong with whatever computerized system they are using (and I joke about DOS, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they were still using that at this point), and a lot of the problems we are having are directly tied to that system. Let's hope the new CS folks are computer whizzes in their spare time...
    they can't undo what's been done in the past. beyond competent, curteous, and expidited service what are your expectations? new CS does not mean new website. those are two distinct things. you might still have problems with the website even if they improve the CS.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    New stuff is up!

According to one of those new answers, Matty's hired someone, I see...
    The only person that could help DR's problems is the Wolf from Pulp Fiction. Maybe TG called in the WOLF!

I was very encouraged that changing your sub shipping option (especially when they randomly switched you from what you requested) seems to be an option once they get the new sub system up and running! Hurrah! Goodbye Newgistics! Though I have to say, Newgistics did MUCH better this month with Khan than last month with Sorceress/Fisto/Shadow Weaver.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't have access to shipping info.
    Great ! Now, we have a brand manager who's selling a product (i.e. the subscriptions) he has no responsibility over ? What was just said, in substance, is that he is not responsible if fans don't get the products they ordered and bought from "his" company ! Yet, the "subscription promise" is that you buy the whole year figures package, and that you shall get them... Clearly, there's something that's very wrong with Mattel/Matty's modus operandi.

So I guess Mattel can sell us a sub, but not being involved or responsible for it as far as dealing with customer service goes !? I'd like to know what the Better Business Bureau would think about that !

Please Toyguru, without radical and POSITIVE changeS (notice the plural !) in the QC, CS and shipping departments, don't expect any miracle about the 2013 subs...

Now, I wonder WHEN we'll actually see these changes... You promised they would occur "in 3 weeks" at New York Toy Fair, in mid February (and you miserably failed to implement them as of March 31 !). You just spoke about those changes again, but unfortunately, we've still seen nothing so far... POSITIVE ACTIONS is what we need right now TG, words won't cut it anymore !
    Last edited by Prahvus; March 31, 2012 at 03:50am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Great ! Now, we have a brand manager who's selling a product (i.e. the subscriptions) he has no responsibility over ?
    ummm... yeah. Kinda...

Mattel isn't shipping the figures... Mattel isn't driving the trucks.Your tracking numbers are for UPS or Newgistics or whoever is doing it now... But the brand manager wouldn't have the info of where your figure is sitting on his desk.

Why would people think he would?!?

The president of Best Buy isn't going to know why UPS took an odd route to get to my house...

I'd be surprised if Mattel had anything at all to do with the shipping. I think they tell DR to handle the orders as cheap as they can... and then DR sets it up with Newgistics or ups or whatever you check.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel/Matty actually choose their "postal partners". And we all know the postal partners are NOT the only ones involved. Now, people get false shipping notices from DR, and the date on their parcels doesn't correspond to the one that was given on DR's shipping notice. If there are problems with DR (and there have been for 3 years and a half, now !), the company and the brand manager's responsibilities are involved.

So please don't go defending the undefendable once again. The sub is supposed to guarantee that you get your figures each month. We're currently VERY far from that scenario !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Great ! Now, we have a brand manager who's selling a product (i.e. the subscriptions) he has no responsibility over ? What was just said, in substance, is that he is not responsible if fans don't get the products they ordered and bought from "his" company ! Yet, the "subscription promise" is that you buy the whole year figures package, and that you shall get them... Clearly, there's something that's very wrong with Mattel/Matty's modus operandi.

So I guess Mattel can sell us a sub, but not being involved or responsible for it as far as dealing with customer service goes !? I'd like to know what the Better Business Bureau would think about that !

Please Toyguru, without radical and POSITIVE changeS (notice the plural !) in the QC, CS and shipping departments, don't expect any miracle about the 2013 subs...

Now, I wonder WHEN we'll actually see these changes... You promised they would occur "in 3 weeks" at New York Toy Fair, in mid February (and you miserably failed to implement them as of March 31 !). You just spoke about those changes again, but unfortunately, we've still seen nothing so far... POSITIVE ACTIONS is what we need right now TG, words won't cut it anymore !
    I can tell you from experience that the Better Business Bureau will always favor the business. Yes, They will indicate how many complaints Mattel may recieve, but they really don't care to much about the consumer and their satisfaction.