View Poll Results: Dylamug vs Granita: Who wins if we could only get one?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dylamug

26 47.27%
  • Granita

29 52.73%

Thread: Dylamug vs Granita?

Dylamug vs Granita?

So Granita and Dylamug are two of the more demanded characters remaining that would command a ton of new tooling. (Not counting oversized figures like Sagitar.) For my own curiosity I thought it would be fun to pit these two against each other in a poll.

If 2017 could only include one of these two figures due to budgeting, which would you be forced to chose?

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Granita please!

All respect to this poll is given, but why not just to campaign for both to debut in 2017?
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Dylamug, Skytree and Songster.

Granita wins. Though I believe Dylamug is the more important figure, his design is hideous. I would much rather a A) new female, B) new comet warrior, C) new cartoon figure.

She clearly is my choice, through rational. but with pure filmation nostalgia, obviously Dylamug is the winner. But Granita is the better choice.

Granita.

Although with regard to Tooling Wars over popular characters, I'd pit Dylamug against Hunga. Both would be 100% new sculpts, while Granita could at least share some basic female parts...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    dylamug for me
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I definitely want both, but Dylamug is my number 1. Granita is number 2.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Granita wins. Though I believe Dylamug is the more important figure, his design is hideous. I would much rather a A) new female, B) new comet warrior, C) new cartoon figure.

She clearly is my choice, through rational. but with pure filmation nostalgia, obviously Dylamug is the winner. But Granita is the better choice.

My thoughts exactly.

It's close, but my vote goes to Granita.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Chose Dylamug.

As a prototype concept, and as a character in the latest MoTU media, I feel he ekes out a little greater importance.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Even though Dylamug is a villain, I have to go with Granita. Dylamug looks like a crappy design to me. And this coming from the guy who likes M.O.D.O.K.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

c.) Don't really care about either one.

But I agree I don't like Dylamug's design at all, so Granita by default?
    My MOTU most wanted: Skelcons, Major Header, Satma, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Catra Cat Form, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Lady Slither, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

I can't vote on this. If we get a 2017 Colletor's Choice sub, and it certainly looks like we will, I can't imagine us not getting both by then. One could be a SDCC exclusive at a higher price point. In fact, since we got a Rokkon & Stonedar pack at SDCC, it would be entirely appropriate to get Granita that way ... perhaps in a 2-pack with Facet!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER TOP PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian and Gleep Admiral Scurvey and Squall Starburst She-Ra Grot Spyster Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

I personally want Granita. I recognize the importance of Dylamug, but don't personally care if I ever have him. So, Granita wins.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I love the Horde and Dylamug is one of the few characters I would really like to have that have not been announced or released.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    All respect to this poll is given, but why not just to campaign for both to debut in 2017?
    Obviously most of us want both. I just wanted the poll to have people think and make a tough choice. Figured it would make a nice discussion and these guys are on fairly equal footing in-terms of wants. I'm kind of surprised that Granita has a small early lead. I was thinking Dylamug might take off by sheer virtue of being a Horde member.

Heroic Warrior
    Dylamug. We are filling out a very nice horde army. I'd buy granita but sge isn't on my top wants
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Easy choice for me BUT I would want both to be released in the next sub or even next year.

Dylamug gets my vote. He's Horde, he's an evil robot & he's freakishly odd and unique, which fits perfect with MOTU. I view him as the Horde "drill sergeant" and he is one of the few villains to have ever knocked out She-ra...like a boss!
    Last edited by Count Judas; August 14, 2015 at 02:56am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, Granita.

But they BOTH should be included in 2017 (along with Hunga the Harpy).

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    As much as I don't care for Dylamug, I believe he should be released as there seems to be lots of love for him. But Granita would be cooler IMHO

Dylamug, Granita, Lodar, Miro and Hunga keep appearing at the top of most of the polls. These 5 characters would likely help sell another Collectors Choice Sub in 2017.
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Hawke / Dakon / Delora
    Evil: Lodar
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    The lovely folks here on the org have got me looking twice at the ol' Dylamug character, and I'll admit that I now want this Arnim Zola cousin in Classics, as well.
    But, given the above question, for all the right reasons (and a few of the wrong ones, I'm sure), I gotta go with Granita.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Granita by a rockslide
    My top 12....1 Kayo 2 Granitia 3 Lodar 4 Quake 5 Vizar 6 Staghorn 7 Spinwit 8 Lizzor 9 Artilla 10 Hoove 11 Nocturna 12 Drissi

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I can't vote on this. If we get a 2017 Colletor's Choice sub, and it certainly looks like we will, I can't imagine us not getting both by then. One could be a SDCC exclusive at a higher price point. In fact, since we got a Rokkon & Stonedar pack at SDCC, it would be entirely appropriate to get Granita that way ... perhaps in a 2-pack with Facet!
    Really can't just pick one? It's more of a desert island style question than anything. This has nothing to do with what may or may not be released. If the Joker has bombs strapped to the tooling for both Dylamug and Granita, which figure do you save?