View Poll Results: Which version of Castle Grayskull do you want for the Classics line?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Filmation version

52 31.71%
  • Box Illustration version

87 53.05%
  • Vintage Toy version

22 13.41%
  • 200X version

3 1.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Castle Grayskull Should Mattel Make?

I prefer the Filmation version.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    Just thinking you should add the prototype version with the ledge on the side of the tower and the higher bits of the skull.Attachment 74101Attachment 74102
    This is what I'd prefer to see and my avatar shows lol. I think that's the way Mattel and the Horsemen would go too based on the way the castle looks on Scare Glow's reliquary. So there's no option for me in this poll.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Box Art for me!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation version for me!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I put my window on the corner just like the box art had

Heroic Warrior
    I would prefer the box art version with some subtle myp influences.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Well I would take either the box images or the cartoon version cause to me hey its the CASTLE so why not.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I still cant swallow this "we cant make it now" pill that scott keeps dropping about grayskull... THEN on top of that he starts talking electronics an design... ITS MOTUC!
    "suppossedly"
    ...so why not just redo the original vintage castle. I mean every OTHER MOTUC item is a MOTU vintage or original figure redone as a back to vintage then turned into the new style...

So just make the Vintage shell style castle like before but re-scale it with 3D sculpting in the places of the original stickers and cardboard cutouts like how the 4h did on the wind raider an battleram prototype an be done with!

I would be 120% fine with it done like that... gezz!.

...nuff said!

Definitely the Box Art version.
    MOTUC Fan

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Everytime I watch the old Filmation cartoon series, I'm absolutely fascinated of Castle Grayskull's mystical appearance. I love Filmation's picturing of the "Fortress of Power and Mystery" and regret that there was no option to vote for the Grayskull version shown at the back of the first minicomic "He-Man and the Power Sword", which is my personal favourite:

Filmation is my favourite but I'd be happy with any except for the 200X version which is way to "neat and tidy" for my taste.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'd go for the classic toy version... but... as mentioned by skeletorous and others, I'd like to resemble the prototype version, which was also reflected in much of the merchandise and literature.
    This prototype version was very similar to the final version, but differences included a"ledge" a little way up the left tower, an extra "crown" (kinda) design it the very top of the skull, and some different sculpting and features. As the Classics is very much influenced by those vintage prototype and box art appearances, I'd hope to see some of this incorportated.

Without getting into that whole "200x / where did it go wrong / how much should be used in Classics" can of worms, 200x Grayskull was one of the biggest letdowns of that line for me (both in the playset, and in general media). If some of the front-side box art and Filmation influences are put in, that's fine with me.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    This is very hard. I like the box art, filmation & myp. something that combines all its best features?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Thank you for not including the mini comic version and hence saving me from an excruciating dilemma. I love that early version but I'm just going to be nice here and save myself a headache; going with box art.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I think i'm the only one who'd rather see Snake Mountain before Castle Grayskull. So be it.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I'd do a combo of the Filmation style (the big round mouth, mainly) and 200X (the balcony is great. It's a great spot for the Sorceress to watch out over Eternia, while you can have warriors on the battlements and have He-Man in front of the Jawbridge).

I'd say the box illustration version. I think that one looks the best.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation. It's most iconic.

Though the box version would also be fine. Regardless the one that's made, it must have a new twisting vine, craggly, dangerous looking base that looks like it would lead off into an abyss.

Filmation all the way! Ofcourse I wouldn't complain about the box art...well anything would be better than the 200x version.

As long as it isn't the one from the new comics, I don't mind!

Not voting because there is no option on the poll for the version the 4H will be making, which is the prototype version.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Not voting because there is no option on the poll for the version the 4H will be making, which is the prototype version.
    I know, it kind of makes me sad. Note that this poll is not new, it's from well before Grayskull was announced.

It's incredibly ironic they said they are going with the one version that almost no one wanted to begin with.

That said - I think there was a reason they didn't even show a drawing at PowerCon. This was done to gauge the audience. My guess is, they hadn't even settled on a rendering before PowerCon, not just that it couldn't be shown yet.

I have a feeling the various threads are being watched closely, and we will see "by fan demand" a combination of features. I mean, it just doesn't make sense to make the most obscure version. This may very well be the last chance at a Grayskull made my Mattel, ever.

I think various threads and polls show a clear preference for it to be based on the box art version, with some Filmation touches here and there. No, it wouldn't make everyone happy, but I think the majority would accept that. But the buck-toothed unfinished prototype? Just would be a silly direction to go fully into - although it may be Scott's preference I don't think even he is going to miss the fact that if it's mostly based on the box art version it may actually happen, but if he wants buck-toothed play-mat toddler version that it's doubtful that it will even go through at all.