Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 75 questions!
This round of questions were selected by MrBlitzer.
Thanks to those fans for their help!
1. bamf1980: How about a preorder system for playsets and vehicles like you're doing with the BTTF Hoverboard? While this seems like a great idea on paper, doing a full size playsets takes a huge amount of design work, even for a preorder. What does the castle look like? 200X? Vintage toy? Filmation? What features does it have? What is the price? Etc..
Customers would want to know all of this for a preorder which would require a huge amount of prelim design work. In comparison, a prop replica is much easier to presale as you know exactly what it will look like based on it existing in a movie.
At the end, playsets whether preordered or not just take too much tooling and too much design work at this time. We really would need new entertainment like a movie to get the amount of resources needed for this big of an execution.
2. MrBlitzer: In 200x, Tuvar and Baddhra merged together to form Two Bad. Are those characters on the table for release in MOTUC?
They are all great ideas for figures but we can't confirm anyone past the releases shown at NYTF right now. But no reason in time we couldn't do Two-Bad and the two bounty hunters that formed him, whether as singles or even a three pack.
3. WDWFreak53: Was part of the reason for the removal of certain accessories (Draego-Man's weapons, Horde Prime's staff, Spector's whip, etc.) due to subscription prices remaining at the 2008 prices because the subs went on sale prior to the price increase? Meaning, if the sub prices had been increased, would we be seeing these accessories?
Yes. To include these accessories we would need to raise prices and we were locked in to the sub sales. To rectify this we will increase prices in 2013 to ensure we do not need to cut accessories. Additionally, we are actively working to find a home for all of the revealed but not released 2012 accessories by releasing with some other figure or sku in the future.
4. slackrguy: Why does MOTUC shipped via USPS start out by going from California to Nevada, then back to California, and then back to Nevada?
We are working with Digital River on this one and hope to resolve ASAP.
5. DamnSmooth: My question is would Matty ever consider doing flat monthly payment instead of a per-item basis. For example: $510 (total fixed cost of the 2012 MOTUC subscription) / 12 (months in the year) = 42.5 equal monthly payments, regardless of figures shipped, + the shipping. It would make it so customers had a fixed amount each month for their budgets, leaving shipping costs as the only variable.
No. This is not something we can offer due to changing schedules. It is something we looked into but in the end we just can't make the line work for every customer's buying habits and/or financial situation. We do lay out how the program will work in advance, but we can't execute this exact scenario.