Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.75!

  1. #1
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,301

    Answers to WTFWTK 2.75!

    Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 75 questions!

    This round of questions were selected by MrBlitzer.
    Thanks to those fans for their help!

    -------------------

    1. bamf1980: How about a preorder system for playsets and vehicles like you're doing with the BTTF Hoverboard?
    While this seems like a great idea on paper, doing a full size playsets takes a huge amount of design work, even for a preorder. What does the castle look like? 200X? Vintage toy? Filmation? What features does it have? What is the price? Etc..


    Customers would want to know all of this for a preorder which would require a huge amount of prelim design work. In comparison, a prop replica is much easier to presale as you know exactly what it will look like based on it existing in a movie.

    At the end, playsets whether preordered or not just take too much tooling and too much design work at this time. We really would need new entertainment like a movie to get the amount of resources needed for this big of an execution.


    2. MrBlitzer: In 200x, Tuvar and Baddhra merged together to form Two Bad. Are those characters on the table for release in MOTUC?

    They are all great ideas for figures but we can't confirm anyone past the releases shown at NYTF right now. But no reason in time we couldn't do Two-Bad and the two bounty hunters that formed him, whether as singles or even a three pack.

    3. WDWFreak53: Was part of the reason for the removal of certain accessories (Draego-Man's weapons, Horde Prime's staff, Spector's whip, etc.) due to subscription prices remaining at the 2008 prices because the subs went on sale prior to the price increase? Meaning, if the sub prices had been increased, would we be seeing these accessories?

    Yes. To include these accessories we would need to raise prices and we were locked in to the sub sales. To rectify this we will increase prices in 2013 to ensure we do not need to cut accessories. Additionally, we are actively working to find a home for all of the revealed but not released 2012 accessories by releasing with some other figure or sku in the future.

    4. slackrguy: Why does MOTUC shipped via USPS start out by going from California to Nevada, then back to California, and then back to Nevada?

    We are working with Digital River on this one and hope to resolve ASAP.

    5. DamnSmooth: My question is would Matty ever consider doing flat monthly payment instead of a per-item basis. For example: $510 (total fixed cost of the 2012 MOTUC subscription) / 12 (months in the year) = 42.5 equal monthly payments, regardless of figures shipped, + the shipping. It would make it so customers had a fixed amount each month for their budgets, leaving shipping costs as the only variable.

    No. This is not something we can offer due to changing schedules. It is something we looked into but in the end we just can't make the line work for every customer's buying habits and/or financial situation. We do lay out how the program will work in advance, but we can't execute this exact scenario.

    --------------------

    Click here to ask questions in Round 77!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 62.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 63.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 64.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 65.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 66.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 67.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 68.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 69.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 70.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 71.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 72.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 73.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 74.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 75 questions!

  2. #2
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,592
    I'm happy abput the price increase if it menas that no more accessories will be cut and we can get Horde Prime's staff in the end

    I'm curious about the shipping issue mentioned here as it seems to indicate that there are more shipping issues than just the fact that international customers are not receiving their stuff
    Awesome sticker included!

  3. #3
    Joey Kelly bango1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Albany, IN
    Posts
    69
    Very exciting to think we could get a Two Bad three pack. Heres hoping they surprise us with a Castle Greyskull soon!

  4. #4
    Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Neoternia
    Posts
    2,456
    Getting Two Bad, Tuvar, and Baddra in a three pack would be pretty awesome. And I can't wait to get Horde Prime's staff.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    I think it's safe to say at this point that we can probably stop asking about Grayskull- it just realistically isn't going to happen for the time being. I agree with you both about Two-bad being a great use of the 3-pack- and one that will most likely sell far better than...other choices lol.

  6. #6
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,794
    I hope we get a Tuvar Badrah two pack and a carded 2-bad.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior he-man121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kennoway,Scotland
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I'm happy abput the price increase if it menas that no more accessories will be cut and we can get Horde Prime's staff in the end

    I'm curious about the shipping issue mentioned here as it seems to indicate that there are more shipping issues than just the fact that international customers are not receiving their stuff
    Yeah,i'm still waiting on February's figures,i'm in the UK anybody else still waiting.......

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    1,611
    "4. slackrguy: Why does MOTUC shipped via USPS start out by going from California to Nevada, then back to California, and then back to Nevada?

    We are working with Digital River on this one and hope to resolve ASAP."

    They want to know why shipping costs are rising? Newgistics sometimes seems to be the equivalent of Whack-A-Mole with the way packages take a cross country tour and back. A-B seems a lot more logical than A-B-B-A-C-A.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior wayne-klops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I hope we get a Tuvar Badrah two pack and a carded 2-bad.
    I think I would like this better than a three pack of them. I'm sure that Tuvar and Badrah can sell well enough in their own two pack, and I think many fans would not be happy having to buy a three pack just to get Two Bad.

  10. #10
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I hope we get a Tuvar Badrah two pack and a carded 2-bad.
    That's how I hope it is handled. I personally just want the 2 Bad and can live without his separate forms.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,862
    Another price increase in 2013 !? Great. Just what we needed.

  12. #12
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Another price increase in 2013 !? Great. Just what we needed.
    If I'm reading this correctly, wouldn't that be increasing sub prices to current Day of Sale Prices? Kind of expected that anyway
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  13. #13
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,013
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yes. To include these accessories we would need to raise prices and we were locked in to the sub sales. To rectify this we will increase prices in 2013 to ensure we do not need to cut accessories. Additionally, we are actively working to find a home for all of the revealed but not released 2012 accessories by releasing with some other figure or sku in the future.
    This is great news. Yeah an increase in prices sucks, but whatever, I want accessories for these figures. Sick of seeing cool accessories not make the cut.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,503
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 75 questions!

    This round of questions were selected by MrBlitzer.
    Thanks to those fans for their help!

    -------------------

    1. bamf1980: How about a preorder system for playsets and vehicles like you're doing with the BTTF Hoverboard?
    While this seems like a great idea on paper, doing a full size playsets takes a huge amount of design work, even for a preorder. What does the castle look like? 200X? Vintage toy? Filmation? What features does it have? What is the price? Etc..


    Customers would want to know all of this for a preorder which would require a huge amount of prelim design work. In comparison, a prop replica is much easier to presale as you know exactly what it will look like based on it existing in a movie.

    At the end, playsets whether preordered or not just take too much tooling and too much design work at this time. We really would need new entertainment like a movie to get the amount of resources needed for this big of an execution.
    I find this funny cause we already have the design for Castle Grayskull. The design used for the reliquary from Scareglow! Seriously, these excuses on why you can and can't make the playset is old! People have made numerous ways that it could be done. but you keep nixing the idea of it. Why not just say "NO! We will not be making Grayskull for the MOTUC line cause we don't want to! Yes people will be upset, but it will be done and over with! Instead of jerking us around about it like you do! Unless of course you do plan on making it and just saying the above so then you can turn it around and say that I fought long and hard for you on it and we just finally got it!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior skeletorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Taunton UK
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I find this funny cause we already have the design for Castle Grayskull. The design used for the reliquary from Scareglow! Seriously, these excuses on why you can and can't make the playset is old! People have made numerous ways that it could be done. but you keep nixing the idea of it. Why not just say "NO! We will not be making Grayskull for the MOTUC line cause we don't want to! Yes people will be upset, but it will be done and over with! Instead of jerking us around about it like you do! Unless of course you do plan on making it and just saying the above so then you can turn it around and say that I fought long and hard for you on it and we just finally got it!
    I totally agree with you on this. It seems we all are wasting our time asking anything about getting a Castle Greyskull, its just noy gonna happen. But like you say I wish it would be made clear to us once and for all with a big fat NO! Its not gonna happen! Then we can all get on and make our own.

  16. #16
    ORGER of the North Tuukka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,530
    To JVS3: When you do that poll about prices remember to remind people about shipping costs!
    We would get a better data and no mishaps by fans.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

    WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post

    They want to know why shipping costs are rising? Newgistics sometimes seems to be the equivalent of Whack-A-Mole with the way packages take a cross country tour and back. A-B seems a lot more logical than A-B-B-A-C-A.
    Newgistics are fans of vintage Nintendo and that's why they ship the way they do...

    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right A B Select Start

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior General Hawk 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post




    To rectify this we will increase prices in 2013 to ensure we do not need to cut accessories.
    They already charge too much for figures we would pay $15-$17 for in the store. Cherry picking time for me next year.
    They are just shooting themselves in the foot because you know the number of subscribers are dropping already .
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

    Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

    Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior beastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    They already charge too much for figures we would pay $15-$17 for in the store. Cherry picking time for me next year.
    They are just shooting themselves in the foot because you know the number of subscribers are dropping already .
    100% agreed. This is the first and last sub year for me. Next year it is back to my cherry picking ways. After shipping these figures are $30+ and I can get them on eBay for less than that if I have patience. Too bad because I really do want to support this line.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

    My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

    My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Tribal Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales, UK
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    100% agreed. This is the first and last sub year for me. Next year it is back to my cherry picking ways. After shipping these figures are $30+ and I can get them on eBay for less than that if I have patience. Too bad because I really do want to support this line.
    I subscribed for the first time this year, but I tend to find myself on the site on sale day anyway buying reissues, so I wouldn't really gain anything if they put the price up. Unless they start to give us the sub-exclusive figure free or something. Now that would be an incentive...

  21. #21
    Adora's Father dorrmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO
    Posts
    10,858
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    They already charge too much for figures we would pay $15-$17 for in the store. Cherry picking time for me next year.
    They are just shooting themselves in the foot because you know the number of subscribers are dropping already .
    See...that's the thing. These aren't at retail. These aren't made in mass quantities. These are made in limited quantities, and therefore the price goes up. Small runs of items almost always cost more.

    If they were in retail, they probably would be in the price range you mentioned. It's only $3-$5 from where they are now.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

    Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior General Hawk 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brandon Florida
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    100% agreed. This is the first and last sub year for me. Next year it is back to my cherry picking ways. After shipping these figures are $30+ and I can get them on eBay for less than that if I have patience. Too bad because I really do want to support this line.
    Yes, This is how I feel. I really WANT to support this line. But I also need to think realistically and for me, the sub is barely worth it now. This is my first sub. (Ive cherry picked up until this year) So far its a good year, but there are some figures I dont want and/or would not have purchased otherwise. Im thinking it would just be cheaper for me to "cherry pick" next year. As much as I hate to do that and not give my full support to the line, I just dont see myself subscribing next year.

    And so far...other than Dreagoman (sp) I really regret buying the stupid 30th Bonus Sub.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    I subscribed for the first time this year, but I tend to find myself on the site on sale day anyway buying reissues, so I wouldn't really gain anything if they put the price up. Unless they start to give us the sub-exclusive figure free or something. Now that would be an incentive...
    That would definitely help. But it wont happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    See...that's the thing. These aren't at retail. These aren't made in mass quantities. These are made in limited quantities, and therefore the price goes up. Small runs of items almost always cost more.

    If they were in retail, they probably would be in the price range you mentioned. It's only $3-$5 from where they are now.
    I totally understand. Its the nature of the beast. I just cant afford the extra for every figure I dont really want. If we have a year like this year (not including the craptacular 30th figures) it probably wouldnt be so bad...but STILL more than what I want to pay. As much as I like these figures, I still have a hard time knowing I am paying $30 per $16 figure. And if we have another year like the pickings from 2011 (SO glad I didnt have a sub last year)... it DEFINITELY wouldnt be worth it. (this based on my opinions of the figures last year and this year of course)

    But I do get that these arent mass produced and so they are more expensive as a specialty item.

    Here is hoping for a movie year... for many reasons!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

    Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

    Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •