Thread: Untitled MOTUC Photo Project - Any interest?

Untitled MOTUC Photo Project - Any interest?

I have an idea that I think it pretty cool, and I'd like to see if there is interest from you all in participation.

I'd like to buy a disposable camera and ship it to someone elsewhere in the world. They would take a picture of something cool in their town with a MOTUC figure, then ship it over to the next person. That would keep on going until the camera is used up. When that happens, it'd be shipped back to me and I'll develop the film and put up an album with all the cool pictures!

I'll pack it up and put extra labels in the box. When each person ships it off, all they would have to do is tape up the same box, apply a new label, and write the next person's address on it.

Everyone would have to agree to pay for the shipping to the next recipient.

So what do you think? Does this sound like something cool that you'd like to participate in?

This is the project that got me thinking about this.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Can I play??????

You know they make digital cameras now right?

That would be cool!

But a disposable costs alot less and if lost or broken isnt a great hardship...

I would so do it!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Can I play??????
    Sure.

You know they make digital cameras now right?

Yeah, but I don't want to put out the money for one to travel around the world and risk never seeing it again. A disposable is MUCH easier to part with.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Sure.

Yeah, but I don't want to put out the money for one to travel around the world and risk never seeing it again. A disposable is MUCH easier to part with.
    No.... I'm talking disposable DIGITAL cameras.... I heard they exist. no this is not a joke. I didn't know they still made regular disposable cameras with film... I can't remember the last time I had film developed.

But yes, I'm down with this project. My address is available upon request.

What I'll do is if there is enough response to move forward, I'll have everyone email me their address. Then I'll either print out labels and number them so that it goes in order, or put blank labels in and just PM only the one needed address to whomever is shipping it out at the time.

I'm open to suggestions to make this work smoother or make it more interesting.

No.... I'm talking disposable DIGITAL cameras.... I heard they exist. no this is not a joke. I didn't know they still made regular disposable cameras with film... I can't remember the last time I had film developed.

But yes, I'm down with this project. My address is available upon request.
    Cool. I'll look into it.

I'd be glad to join in. Sound very cool, just would have to figure out where to take the pic.

Heroic Warrior
    Is the idea to take one of our figures, anyone we want and put in the picture? I think it would be cool to have one figure travel the globe and have it in the pictures documenting it's journey. Just a thought.

Is the idea to take one of our figures, anyone we want and put in the picture? I think it would be cool to have one figure travel the globe and have it in the pictures documenting it's journey. Just a thought.
    That was attempted last year with the Vacation Skeletor Project, but he went missing part-way through.

My thought is that with the limited exposures on a disposable camera, it would come back to me before it gets lost. Plus, we can do it more than once with additional cameras.

Also, I looked up disposable digitals, and all I found was a Kodak film camera that came with a digital copy of the prints, or a 2 megapixel traditional digital camera sold as disposable. If you have a link to something better, I'm all ears.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    That was attempted last year with the Vacation Skeletor Project, but he went missing part-way through.

My thought is that with the limited exposures on a disposable camera, it would come back to me before it gets lost. Plus, we can do it more than once with additional cameras.

Also, I looked up disposable digitals, and all I found was a Kodak film camera that came with a digital copy of the prints, or a 2 megapixel traditional digital camera sold as disposable. If you have a link to something better, I'm all ears.
    Nah, You know me... I'm out of the loop when it comes to that stuff... I heard somewhere that they existed and that's the limit of my knowledge. Go with the regular film camera, they're cheap enough and they probably come with a million exposures.

I want in please

I'm game. I already have some ideas. Sounds like fun I'd like to be a part of.

This sounds fun! I'd definitely be interested!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Count me in, this sounds like a fantastic and fun idea!
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

a Muppet of a man...
    Hey, my post got lost when the .org went away this morning, but count me in!

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    This is something I'd definitely be interested in doing. Great idea
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Count me in!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

We're up to ten. Let's see if we can get a few more on board.

Sounds cool, I'm in.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I am TOTALLY IN! This sounds like a lot of fun and I've got several ideas already about where to take a pic-plus, the PO is super-close to my house, so I'll have no excuse to get it on its way ASAP.

I wonder if we should all take a pic of different characters from the line- then, when the project is over, it could serve as a nifty online global guide to the collection... (We could all request to photograph a particular figure/beast/whathaveyou.) just an idea.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I am TOTALLY IN! This sounds like a lot of fun and I've got several ideas already about where to take a pic-plus, the PO is super-close to my house, so I'll have no excuse to get it on its way ASAP.

I wonder if we should all take a pic of different characters from the line- then, when the project is over, it could serve as a nifty online global guide to the collection... (We could all request to photograph a particular figure/beast/whathaveyou.) just an idea.
    Really cool idea, Uki! I love it!

Let's do it. When I make the full thread, we'll have people pick the figure. That'll also make it easier to figure out whose picture is whose.

I'll do it, if you want pics from Vegas.

I'm a big fan of every figure, so I'll be happy to pick any of the "Underdogs:"
    (Spector, Photog, etc.)

Of course, if the winner of the contest is a member (And I am!!!) we should have him/her take a pic with their design in their hometown!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I agree with Uki. That is a great idea.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!