Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far out from the SDCC12 Reveals are we?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

How far out from the SDCC12 Reveals are we?

How far out from the SDCC12 Reveals are we?

Im hoping we see Frosta.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    My guess is that the SDCC reveals will probably be revealed at SDCC in July.

Soooooo.....about 4 months?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I think he means the reveal of who will be the exclusive.

In years past, they have been revealed in April, usually on Attack of the Show on G4.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Generally these reveals happen by the end of july

So confused

Frosta was revealed at NYTF. SDCC is July 12-15 with the reveals on July 13.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I think he means the reveal of who will be the exclusive.

In years past, they have been revealed in April, usually on Attack of the Show on G4.
    Oh god! I completely forgot about that abomination called "Attack of the Show".
    Please Mattel! Please don't use this as your SDCC announcement vehicle again this year!
    We waited so patiently last year, only to get screwed when G4 cut out any mention of MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    So confused

Frosta was revealed at NYTF. SDCC is July 12-15 with the reveals on July 13.
    I agree that the OP probably meant the SDCC exclusive reveals!
    He is also probably hoping to see a better face app on Frosta soon too.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Can't wait to see what else 2012 has in store. Pretty great lineup so far for it.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Totally confused by this thread.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

HD figures on youtube
    Can't wait to see what else 2012 has in store. Pretty great lineup so far for it.
    Same here!

Hopefully we see the exclusive in April, then we have July to look forward to all those reveals!

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Oh god! I completely forgot about that abomination called "Attack of the Show".
    Please Mattel! Please don't use this as your SDCC announcement vehicle again this year!
    We waited so patiently last year, only to get screwed when G4 cut out any mention of MOTU.
    I agree with you. I was excited about this and then MOTU wasn't even highlighted in the show. I hope that the announcement this year focuses more on MOTU.

Scott said Frosta slipped from August to september and there will be another September figure yet to be revealed in April along with the SDCC MOTUC Exclusive so we might see updated Frosta pictures too.

Don't forget Leech & Hurricane Hordak were september 2011 figures and we saw those way before SDCC. I think at SDCC what they will reveal that hasn't been seen is Granamyr, October through December MOTUC figures & Terry Higuchies 30th anniversary figure along with the winner of The Create a character contest winning entry.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Scott said Frosta slipped from August to september and there will be another September figure yet to be revealed in April along with the SDCC MOTUC Exclusive so we might see updated Frosta pictures too.

Don't forget Leech & Hurricane Hordak were september 2011 figures and we saw those way before SDCC. I think at SDCC what they will reveal that hasn't been seen is Granamyr, October through December MOTUC figures & Terry Higuchies 30th anniversary figure along with the winner of The Create a character contest winning entry.
    SDCC historically has shown the Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar figures, as well as any extras (beasts/etc) that fall in Q4/Q1.
    Kowl, the know it owl!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    My understanding from various ToyGuru and Terry Higuchi interviews is this-

A)We will likely see 2 (possibly 3) reveals in late March / early April, possibly on the MattyCollector Website. They would have been shown at either Wondercon or C2E2, but ToyGuru said Mattel wouldn't be at either of these shows, so they will reveal them some otherway (porbably online). These will be-

1) Regular September Figure
    2) Quaterly Variant 3 - (ie New Adventures Skeletor)
    3) Terry Higuchi's 30th Anniversary Figure (based off 80's Takara toys - a bad guy, with furry shorts (possibly Son of Keldor?)
    4) (maybe Granamyr)

B) Then, presumably at the end of April, we will get the reveal for the SDCC exclusive (s). Currently rumoured to be...

Fighting Foe Men build your own character / Roger Sweet concept He-Man

and

Techno-Virus (Filmation) Hordak, with various Imp mini figures.

C) Then all the other reveals from October 2012 - March 2013 at SDCC on July 13th!

Hope that helps!!

(PS - spoilers might not be accurate, except for New Adventures Skeletor which is GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

A)We will likely see 2 (possibly 3) reveals in late March / early April, possibly on the MattyCollector Website. They would have been shown at either Wondercon or C2E2, but ToyGuru said Mattel wouldn't be at either of these shows, so they will reveal them some otherway (porbably online). These will be-

3) Terry Higuchi's 30th Anniversary Figure (based off 80's Takara toys - a bad guy, with furry shorts (possibly Son of Keldor?)
    4) (maybe Granamyr)

B) Then, presumably at the end of April, we will get the reveal for the SDCC exclusive (s). Currently rumoured to be...

and

C) Then all the other reveals from October 2012 - March 2013 at SDCC on July 13th!

Hope that helps!!

(PS - spoilers might not be accurate, except for New Adventures Skeletor which is GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Why are you so certain that NA Skeletor is coming?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

4) (maybe Granamyr)

and

Hope that helps!!

I was under the impression that there would be only 1 SDCC exclusive. TG stated that there would be 1 with a high piece count. Maybe things have changed?

4) (maybe Granamyr)

and

Hope that helps!!

i hope this is true i'm overly ready for some new reveals.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    My guess is really wishful thinking
    Kowl, the know it owl!

I also want to know the veracity of his statement, mainly because i want it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    SDCC historically has shown the Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar figures, as well as any extras (beasts/etc) that fall in Q4/Q1.
    You're right, but I was centering on the rest of this year. I realize the 2013 sub Items are shown too and the subs go on sale During SDCC.
    I love MattyPalooza

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I also want to know the veracity of his statement, mainly because i want it to be true.
    Thirded. I also want to know:

Why have folks speculated that Hordak with Imp might be the SDCC exclusive? I would love to have Imp, especially with multiple parts! I'm just curious where this rumor might stem from.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

4) (maybe Granamyr)

B) Then, presumably at the end of April, we will get the reveal for the SDCC exclusive (s)

Hope that helps!!

Ok you have a great list but what will be shown in late march early april will be:

1) Regular September Figure that will go on sale with frosta

2) Quaterly Variant 3

3) SDCC exclusive (s)

Thats it!!!!!!!!
    The rest are Shown at SDCC!

Terry Higuchie said in Roast Gooble 82 his figure will be shown at SDCC

Scott said Granamyr will be shown at SDCC

MOTUC'S October 2012 -December 2012/ Jan- March 2013 sub at SDCC on July 13th!

I too would like to know why he thinks this since we only get one N/A character a year in the subs and 2012 already has Slush-head.

2010 we had Optic/2011 it was Flipshot( Icarious)/ 2012 it's Slush-Head
    If bcrduke said this about NA Skeletor I would believe it since his info is 90% accurate
    Last edited by mjw41; March 20, 2012 at 01:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I have no inside knowledge in regards to New Adventures Skeletor, but I think the oppourtunity for him to be revealed as the 3rd quarterly variant figure for this year is very strong. What better character to come with the Mini Comic that would transistion from the second ultimate battleground, into the new adventures era

Many people think it might be Dragon Blaster Skeletor instad, but I think that is too neat. By doing this, Mattel would be closing off a potential pair way too soon (Thunderpunch/Dragon Blaster) rather than opening up a new possible pairing making people demand both New Advetures HeMan and Dragon Blaster Skeletor in the future to complete their collection. I think from a marketing perspective, it makes sense for it to be New Adventures Skeletor...(but I could be wrong!)

In regards to the

Hordak and Imp figures
    ....well BCRDUKE had been mentioning it a few times, how it had been in development, then potentially cancelled due to too much tooling costs...but something about his hints made it seem like it was back on the cards...also bear in mind that in issue 2 of the new mini comic...

Hordak gets his left arm cut clean off, and may need an arm cannon replacement in the near future...

...which suggest Mattel are starting to look for ways of including filmation Hordak in the line.

In terms of the Terry Higuchi figure...I thoughthe said on the podcast that it might be revealed before SDCC but I could have mis-remembered

Anyways...I think Higuchi's figure is gonna look something like this....

or this...

based on his MICRONAUTS influence!

If so, that would be great!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 20, 2012 at 02:30pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST

I don't recall it ever being said we will only get one Bew Adventures character a year. It's time they started doubling them up and getting a Guardian this fall would be awesome.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    Why would MOTUC transistion into the NA of He-Man storyline? We're just getting into elements of what would have been the 3rd season of the MYP cartoon. I think there is a better chance of Dragon Blaster Skeletor personally, that fits the the story they are doing at the moment more than a NA Skeletor. Truth be told though, I'd love to get NA Skeletor as he is more unique, but Dragon Blaster Skeletor would probably be less tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Science Friction View Post
    Why would MOTUC transistion into the NA of He-Man storyline? We're just getting into elements of what would have been the 3rd season of the MYP cartoon. I think there is a better chance of Dragon Blaster Skeletor personally, that fits the the story they are doing at the moment more than a NA Skeletor. Truth be told though, I'd love to get NA Skeletor as he is more unique, but Dragon Blaster Skeletor would probably be less tooling.
    Because "shortly after the end of the 2nd ultimate battleground" the heroic warriors follow Skeletor into space.

The new minicomics were described as the "end" of the what would have been the third season, and would transition into the 4th season in a new direction (ie into space). So ifI'm right, the last page of the 3rd Minicomic would lead into the New Adventures storyline.

In terms of Na Skeletor needing more tooling...that is the beauty of Snake Man At Arms...to allow the next varaint to have a larger tooling budget..

Again, just pure speculation....
    MOTUC WISH LIST