Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (3/15/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Sub price should still be the same... wouldn't be surprised to hear the 'day of' sale goes up...
    He's not in the sub is he?
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Re: "We did move a few 2013 figures around (for the first time) to ensure the Q1 figures are very strong to show fans how much life the line still has! When we aquired the Filmation rights it meant a reworked of all future line ups, so we used this opportunity to ensure the Q1 figures each year were very strong to help sell in the subs."

This only serves to scare me! If anything, Mattel should make the years releases look weak, then WOW us mid-way through the year, that would encourage loyalty and satisfaction, rather than disappointment and resentment.
    Filmation could have been a completely separate sub-line, it would have been fun and beautiful.

Regarding Granamyr's "Titus-like" articulation:
    It is possible to make a decent toy with minimal articulation, but I highly doubt Mattel is up to the task
    Kaiyodo_1_Meter_Godzilla_Vinyl_Model_Scale_Image_.jpg

That would be amazing but i have no hopes for something that large from Mattel
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    He didn't say "JUST like Tytus". He said "SIMILAR to Tytus".
    Actually he now says, "$80-100"...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    Regarding Granamyr's "Titus-like" articulation:
    It is possible to make a decent toy with minimal articulation, but I highly doubt Mattel is up to the task
    Kaiyodo_1_Meter_Godzilla_Vinyl_Model_Scale_Image_.jpg
    My Gosh I want that Godzilla!!!!

I have ZERO idea where I would put him... But I REALLY want it!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's on eBay. It's... not cheap.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Can I ask how and where? I read enough of the lie accusations, I'm interested to see where the proof is published so I can weigh the evidence.
    Emiliano and Val both showed interest and were pretty much given a total cold shoulder as they were not "Mattel employees" nor comic artists that worked on a certain galactic emerald colored crusader...

As for any further information you'd really have to address it with them as it's not my place to speculate.
    Last edited by vertigoink; March 17, 2012 at 03:15am.

I think Sweet might change his view.

Anyway...

I will not spend $90 or $100 on a rotocast Granamyr.

I mean come on, people.

Think about this. Baby dolls are usually rotocast. They are large. They cost $14.

Add a helmet, a tail, some shadow paint apps, maybe an accessory. It's still not even reasonable to charge $70.

I don't get it. I just don't understand the huge price on a rotocast doll like Granamyr.

And again, they will lose customers buying two Granamyr figures.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Anyway...

I mean come on, people.

Think about this. Baby dolls are usually rotocast. They are large. They cost $14.

Add a helmet, a tail, some shadow paint apps, maybe an accessory. It's still not even reasonable to charge $70.

I don't get it. I just don't understand the huge price on a rotocast doll like Granamyr.

Besides, I thought the point of Rotocast was to save money on larger toys....what's it cost Mattel to make him? I mean come on....

Look at the Pharmaceutical companies....$.10 to make a pill, but it costs $10 a pill to buy without insurance right? I get making a profit, but at times it's seriously ridiculous, especially with medicine when that's something people need to get better.

I know this is plastic, but....It's just plastic, and hollow plastic with limited articulation at that, and who knows what accessories if any he will come with. $80 - $100, way too high I think for what you will get....I myself would rather see another 3 or 4 regular figures in his place. Or at the very least another Vehicle. Wind Raider "Only did OK" how do they think this giant Dragon is going to do at it's price point? You could get a Vehicle and almost 2 figures for his proposed price point, at least they know how well a Vehicle will sell.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Not to be argumentative, but it helps to retain some perspective. If someone put a rotocast baby doll and a rotocast Granamyr in front of you and asked you which one was worth more to you, which one would you pick?

Additionally, a company can put the $$$ into a steel mold for a baby doll and expect to use it over and over again for many, many years, because there are thousands upon thousands of little girls in this generation and the next who will want one. There isn't nearly that kind of re-use potential in the tooling for Granamyr.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Additionally, a company can put the $$$ into a steel mold for a baby doll and expect to use it over and over again for many, many years, because there are thousands upon thousands of little girls in this generation and the next who will want one. There isn't nearly that kind of re-use potential in the tooling for Granamyr.
    Which is why I think ultimately it was a poor decision. And watch, it will be used as a "you guys aren't getting other big items you really do want because you didn't buy enough Granamyr's".

There are a lot of factors to that, including the fact that even people who get one will likely only get...one. It's not something you are going to buy several of due to it's concept, size, and price.

I don't know if I will get one or not. Will depend on it's final price and what it looks like. If it's goofy and hollow, probably not. But in any case, no way I'd buy more than 1.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It doesn't matter because Granamyr will be released at the worst possible time, when no one can afford him due to all the figures that will come out in the same month due to all of these stupid delays. He'll end up coming out when there like the anniversary figure, 2 normal figures, and the quarterly oversized, along with when a lion will come out, and a DCU figure and oversized figure.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It doesn't matter because Granamyr will be released at the worst possible time, when no one can afford him due to all the figures that will come out in the same month due to all of these stupid delays. He'll end up coming out when there like the anniversary figure, 2 normal figures, and the quarterly oversized, along with when a lion will come out, and a DCU figure and oversized figure.
    LOL! I hope Granamyr won't suffer from Mattel blaming his low sales on fans who sent their Chistmas money on surprise gifts, like what happened with the Wind Raider.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I still think it makes more sense for them to make a little less profit, than have a line die because it's overpriced. I mean...then the company gets 0% profit because it's no longer being made since they were greedy.

Let's say they make 600% profit on the line. They could decrease it to 500% profit by keeping the same price (hypothetical example). Getting 500% profit you can add to your quarterly statement is a hell of a lot better than a 0%...right? Right!?
    All of those numbers are being pulled out of the air. There is no evidence to show that their making anywhere near 100% profit on any of their lines, never mind 500-700%.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior

Anyway...

I mean come on, people.

Money changes people for sure Brian I agree he may have changed his....viewpoint on the issue lol.

With Granamyr costing $80-$100 and Castle Grayskull being over $400, when did this line jump to Hot Toys type prices?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Will Frosta feature swivel articulation in the thigh? A few of the recent female figures have lost that particular articulation point and it hurts the overall poseability of the figure.

We are not far enough along with this figure but will pass this note to the Horsemen.
    Huh? When did any female have swivel articulation in the thigh???? We've had females with swivel articulation at the calf like the male figures but not at the thigh. I'd HATE to see any figure in this line with swivel articulation at the thigh…it'd look horrible and it's not necessary!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Don't worry if Granny sells poor they will paint him green and sell him again at SDCC with a MODERATE price increase. You guys can only blame yourselves if it doesn't sell then.

Heroic Warrior
    Almost a hundred bucks for a big rotocast figure with few articulations means another Matty fail, IMO. Then Mattel will deprive the fan community from any other huge item (Gigantisaur, Battle Bones etc.) because "Granamyr sold poorly"...

At this point, I think we'll only keep going with the usual, normal-sized figures, the multipacks, some beasts, maybe some "small guys", small accessories (weapons packs and such), and that's it !

I don't get it they use rotocast to cut down on the cost yet people are griping about the cost on that if he was made like a regular figure the price would be even higher and guess what the same people plus more would be griping.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Huh? When did any female have swivel articulation in the thigh???? We've had females with swivel articulation at the calf like the male figures but not at the thigh. I'd HATE to see any figure in this line with swivel articulation at the thigh…it'd look horrible and it's not necessary!
    Yeah agree wth you there, but I'm assuming the question is referring to the old ball-jointed hips the females used to have (not the horrible looking thigh swivel cuts you're talking about)....... the question was just worded badly.

Heroic Warrior
    hmmm, they made the giants 1/3 SMALLER than their vintage counterparts even though all other figures are BIGGER than in the 80ies... why does Granamyr have to be sooooo big? Do they plan to make a Gigantisaur out of his buck?!

Why would it be so hard to give Granamyr the same articulation in the arms as gygor/shadowbeast. and then add ankle articulation to the legs on top of thogh and knees?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I think the idea is that Granamyr should be larger than the giants. He's supposed to be the premiere big figure of the line. I was hoping Granamyr would be like Gygor, where his main body is rotocast but his arms and legs are solid plastic with more articulation. We'll see.

I thought the army builder snakemen came with a shield too?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!