Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy for Kowl! The Official Kowl Thread :)

Crazy for Kowl! The Official Kowl Thread :)

I've been really, really eager to see Kowl emerge in the MOTUC line. Now that the Filmation rights are all settled, I know he'll look exactly as he did in the She-Ra series. And since he was one of the harder-to-get figures from the vintage line, I'm going nuts with anticipation waiting for him to finally appear in correct colors. MOTUC did a great job with Orko and Cringer...now let's see KOWL!

Heck yes! I can't believe Kowl didn't have a thread yet! Great thinking, DB. I am definitely eager to get Bow's best buddy and honestly, one of the greatest Filmation characters ever, in MOTUC-sooner than later.

Sign me up also for a Vintage toy colored variant and his evil counterpart-Red Eyes, wasn't it?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Kowl should be included in a five pack with Odiphus, Gwildor, elderly Count Marzo, and Madame Razz.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

One of my favorite little guys! Bring him on!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Snappy Threader
    I like him too. I can't wait to get him. I always wanted him as a kid, and I finally got him about ten years ago.

I've actually had dreams of buying Kowl for this line.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I definitely want him, but I want him to be yellow and flocked like the classic toy, not the drab brown color he sported in the Filmation series. I am also hoping he is done similarly to how they handled Orko or Tri-Klops' Doomseeker- with him being small and lightweight enough to be on a floating stand rather than having to use the clip-on flying 6" figure stands.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I definitely want him, but I want him to be yellow and flocked like the classic toy, not the drab brown color he sported in the Filmation series. I am also hoping he is done similarly to how they handled Orko or Tri-Klops' Doomseeker- with him being small and lightweight enough to be on a floating stand rather than having to use the clip-on flying 6" figure stands.
    It will be interesting to see how they handle him. Scale wise he is very small, but vintage toy wise he is huge. I know they made classics Orko smaller than vintage toy Orko, so yeah, I'm interested in seeing how they pull him off, Loo-Kee as well.

Bow is incomplete without Kowl... that is all
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    You are so wright!

Kowl shouldn't be a problem since he had a vintage release but he has to be small like they did with Orko. His bio better state how he became one of the few that knew She-ra's secret since the show never explained how that came to be after SOTS.

I feel so loved...
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Kowl should be included in a five pack with Odiphus, Gwildor, elderly Count Marzo, and Madame Razz.
    Why stop there? Add in Loo-Kee, Imp, Baby Teela (they showed her, it counts), baby Adam and Adora (same), a couple of Webstor's babies, Orko's girlfriend, and a couple of the mini Skeleton Warriors. Maybe the kids from the Christmas special...

Kowl shouldnt be included with Odiphus or Gwildor or any of them. He is special enough to get his own release...maybe alongside a POP girl, horse or Madame Razz. I hope he is about the same size as Orko.

So nice to see I'm not alone here Though:

I definitely want him, but I want him to be yellow and flocked like the classic toy, not the drab brown color he sported in the Filmation series.

...he's pink the She-Ra show. Adjust your television's settings I'm also hoping they don't make him any bigger or more detailed than the vintage version. He was nearly perfect, just the wrong colors and with that pointless belly flat that ended up breaking.

I think I'd prefer him not to be flocked, honestly, as it's only going to come over over time. If he's all plastic, he can get wet or go out in the snow without worry. I think it would be great to see him packed-in with Spirit (unless they opt to have Adora 2.0 packed-in with Spirit, though I don't think there would be enough room).

Movie mayhem!
    I definitely want to see him done, but I'd like to see him go the Orko route and be a bit smaller than the vintage toy. I think this would help them save money and perhaps then release a flocked and unflocked version

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    Kowl shouldnt be included with Odiphus or Gwildor or any of them. He is special enough to get his own release...maybe alongside a POP girl, horse or Madame Razz. I hope he is about the same size as Orko.
    I completely agree. If they are going to release more than one small figure together than they should be from the same "faction." I don't want a bunch of POP characters packaged with a Count Marzo. As for Kowl himself, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my vintage yellow figure but a MOTUC Kowl should be Filmation colors ALL THE WAY!

On a side note I have to plug my "Madame Razz and Broom in MOTUC" group I just made. If you're a fan of these characters or just POP in general then swing by the group section and join so we can bolster support!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Why stop there? Add in Loo-Kee, Imp, Baby Teela (they showed her, it counts), baby Adam and Adora (same), a couple of Webstor's babies, Orko's girlfriend, and a couple of the mini Skeleton Warriors. Maybe the kids from the Christmas special...
    Hordak already came with a Classics Imp. With the Filmation rights acquired, we're going to eventually get Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, and Yukers because they will require very minimal tooling. There's a case for Loo-Kee and even the Skeleton Warriors but Baby Fill In The Blank isn't worthy of its own set. If they ever decided to make them, the'd be a throw in accessory at best since they're wrapped in blankets and would have ZERO points of articulation.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Hordak already came with a Classics Imp. With the Filmation rights acquired, we're going to eventually get Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, and Yukers because they will require very minimal tooling. There's a case for Loo-Kee and even the Skeleton Warriors but Baby Fill In The Blank isn't worthy of its own set. If they ever decided to make them, the'd be a throw in accessory at best since they're wrapped in blankets and would have ZERO points of articulation.
    That was in no way Imp. That was based on the "bat shield" which came with vintage Hordak, as I'm sure you already know, which is in no way "Imp."

Attachment 74307
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I never got why people say Kowl was "brown" in the cartoon series. He always looked like a rose color to me - a little darker than pink - like a piece of Dentyne gum. Certainly not brown.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    I absolutely want Kowl in MOTUC. Definitely in Filmation colors. I don't care how he's packaged as long as we get him in the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Easy enough out would be to make the skin the Filmation color, and then flock it the original toy color. Then offer whichever one seems to be less popular as something like a con exclusive; wouldn't be ideal, but would be a good way to get both versions out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    That was in no way Imp. That was based on the "bat shield" which came with vintage Hordak, as I'm sure you already know, which is in no way "Imp."
    The bat is based on his "bat" from the vintage figure. It's "Imp" run through the "Classicizer" machine. Less Hanna Barbera and more Night of the Gargoyles.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    We definitely need a Filmation scale Kowl in this line, and the sooner the better. I give full support to all the little characters! If we can get a giant Shadow Beast and Griffin then we can certainly work little Kowl (also Lookee, Imp, Drielle, Montork, etc) into the sub somewhere.