Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy for Kowl! The Official Kowl Thread :)

Hybrid View

Crazy for Kowl! The Official Kowl Thread :)

I've been really, really eager to see Kowl emerge in the MOTUC line. Now that the Filmation rights are all settled, I know he'll look exactly as he did in the She-Ra series. And since he was one of the harder-to-get figures from the vintage line, I'm going nuts with anticipation waiting for him to finally appear in correct colors. MOTUC did a great job with Orko and Cringer...now let's see KOWL!

Heck yes! I can't believe Kowl didn't have a thread yet! Great thinking, DB. I am definitely eager to get Bow's best buddy and honestly, one of the greatest Filmation characters ever, in MOTUC-sooner than later.

Sign me up also for a Vintage toy colored variant and his evil counterpart-Red Eyes, wasn't it?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Kowl should be included in a five pack with Odiphus, Gwildor, elderly Count Marzo, and Madame Razz.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

One of my favorite little guys! Bring him on!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Snappy Threader
    I like him too. I can't wait to get him. I always wanted him as a kid, and I finally got him about ten years ago.

I've actually had dreams of buying Kowl for this line.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

a Muppet of a man...
    Good idea! Done!

Count me in the looking forward to Kowl camp!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Kowl should be included in a five pack with Odiphus, Gwildor, elderly Count Marzo, and Madame Razz.
    Why stop there? Add in Loo-Kee, Imp, Baby Teela (they showed her, it counts), baby Adam and Adora (same), a couple of Webstor's babies, Orko's girlfriend, and a couple of the mini Skeleton Warriors. Maybe the kids from the Christmas special...

Kowl shouldnt be included with Odiphus or Gwildor or any of them. He is special enough to get his own release...maybe alongside a POP girl, horse or Madame Razz. I hope he is about the same size as Orko.

So nice to see I'm not alone here Though:

I definitely want him, but I want him to be yellow and flocked like the classic toy, not the drab brown color he sported in the Filmation series.

...he's pink the She-Ra show. Adjust your television's settings I'm also hoping they don't make him any bigger or more detailed than the vintage version. He was nearly perfect, just the wrong colors and with that pointless belly flat that ended up breaking.

I think I'd prefer him not to be flocked, honestly, as it's only going to come over over time. If he's all plastic, he can get wet or go out in the snow without worry. I think it would be great to see him packed-in with Spirit (unless they opt to have Adora 2.0 packed-in with Spirit, though I don't think there would be enough room).

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    Kowl shouldnt be included with Odiphus or Gwildor or any of them. He is special enough to get his own release...maybe alongside a POP girl, horse or Madame Razz. I hope he is about the same size as Orko.
    I completely agree. If they are going to release more than one small figure together than they should be from the same "faction." I don't want a bunch of POP characters packaged with a Count Marzo. As for Kowl himself, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my vintage yellow figure but a MOTUC Kowl should be Filmation colors ALL THE WAY!

On a side note I have to plug my "Madame Razz and Broom in MOTUC" group I just made. If you're a fan of these characters or just POP in general then swing by the group section and join so we can bolster support!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Why stop there? Add in Loo-Kee, Imp, Baby Teela (they showed her, it counts), baby Adam and Adora (same), a couple of Webstor's babies, Orko's girlfriend, and a couple of the mini Skeleton Warriors. Maybe the kids from the Christmas special...
    Hordak already came with a Classics Imp. With the Filmation rights acquired, we're going to eventually get Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, and Yukers because they will require very minimal tooling. There's a case for Loo-Kee and even the Skeleton Warriors but Baby Fill In The Blank isn't worthy of its own set. If they ever decided to make them, the'd be a throw in accessory at best since they're wrapped in blankets and would have ZERO points of articulation.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Hordak already came with a Classics Imp. With the Filmation rights acquired, we're going to eventually get Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, and Yukers because they will require very minimal tooling. There's a case for Loo-Kee and even the Skeleton Warriors but Baby Fill In The Blank isn't worthy of its own set. If they ever decided to make them, the'd be a throw in accessory at best since they're wrapped in blankets and would have ZERO points of articulation.
    That was in no way Imp. That was based on the "bat shield" which came with vintage Hordak, as I'm sure you already know, which is in no way "Imp."

Attachment 74307

Madame Razz and Broom deserve their own pack.. Not saying I wouldn't love to have Odiphus some how though.

They should include Kowl with Glimmer when/if she ever comes around... Kowl is a kool little guy that needs to be made!

It's starting to concern me how deeply I want to add Kowl to my collection. It preoccupies my thoughts. He's just such a small guy - how long do we have to wait??

Come on Mattel - give us KOWL!

Hey - this just in regarding Kowl in MOTUC:

There are a lot of options to get Kowl out but we just don't have concrete plans yet. He is on our hot list to get into the line as soon as possible!

No concrete plans for Kowl. Why would there be? He's not important! No....

Of course I want Kowl. I want a little Orko/doom seeker flight stand that fits him, and place him next to Bow. I fully expect this, somewhere.

I would agree that if they did a Madame Razz/Kowl 2 pack, it could be a "single release" monthly. Razz isnt that big after all? Prolly not happen though.

I am so happy that he's coming .

I actually love that they did the vintage toy colors first. It's a nice homage and its actually a nice color scheme.

It's HIGHLY likely we will get the filmation version
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I definitely hope we get a Filmation Kowl at some point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's HIGHLY likely we will get the filmation version
    I hope so!

All the other PoP figures have been Filmation based, even the Star Sisters, so it's odd for Toyguru to suddenly favour the "toy design" when it comes to Kowl.

In any case I'll be gunning for 2 packs in order to make Red-Eye... IF Filmation Kowl makes it to the line, Toy Kowl shall become Kowla!

After Glimmer, two bad and Modulok, Kowl is my #4 favorite 2013 SDCC Reveal!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    In any case I'll be gunning for 2 packs in order to make Red-Eye... IF Filmation Kowl makes it to the line, Toy Kowl shall become Kowla!
    Hadn't though of Red Eye; I may be getting an extra pack, as well...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post

After Glimmer, two bad and Modulok, Kowl is my #4 favorite 2013 SDCC Reveal!
    Finally some love for Red Eye and Kowla!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I hope so!

All the other PoP figures have been Filmation based, even the Star Sisters, so it's odd for Toyguru to suddenly favour the "toy design" when it comes to Kowl.
    Sorry, not true. The Star Sisters were based on poster art not on FILMATION. Starla for example had a very different staff and no hat/crown.

But Iīm a little disappointed in Kowl.

He is nothing more than an accessory now.

While Orko got ball joints for shoulders and elbow joints, a stand and accessories and iīm not talking about Adam. Kowl is not flocked, it seems he only has two articulation points and he thought he would be bigger in size when it comes to scale like they promoted with Orko!

The toy colors look great if you ask me.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither