Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crazy for Kowl! The Official Kowl Thread :)

In any case I'll be gunning for 2 packs in order to make Red-Eye... IF Filmation Kowl makes it to the line, Toy Kowl shall become Kowla!

After Glimmer, two bad and Modulok, Kowl is my #4 favorite 2013 SDCC Reveal!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    In any case I'll be gunning for 2 packs in order to make Red-Eye... IF Filmation Kowl makes it to the line, Toy Kowl shall become Kowla!
    Hadn't though of Red Eye; I may be getting an extra pack, as well...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I am so happy that he's coming .

I actually love that they did the vintage toy colors first. It's a nice homage and its actually a nice color scheme.

It's HIGHLY likely we will get the filmation version
    I hope so, nothing against the vintage colors one but I really prefer and want the Filmation version.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Has anyone done a photoshop of him in Filmation colors? I'd like to see that.
    Here you go.

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I was THRILLED to see Kowl, I still have my vintage toy, which I love, so I will be going for TWO of these packs because I want one Kowl in my MOTU/POP/NA set up as well as an extra to have anywhere I please around the house...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I hope so!

All the other PoP figures have been Filmation based, even the Star Sisters, so it's odd for Toyguru to suddenly favour the "toy design" when it comes to Kowl.
    Sorry, not true. The Star Sisters were based on poster art not on FILMATION. Starla for example had a very different staff and no hat/crown.

But Iīm a little disappointed in Kowl.

He is nothing more than an accessory now.

While Orko got ball joints for shoulders and elbow joints, a stand and accessories and iīm not talking about Adam. Kowl is not flocked, it seems he only has two articulation points and he thought he would be bigger in size when it comes to scale like they promoted with Orko!

The toy colors look great if you ask me.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

But Iīm a little disappointed in Kowl.

He is nothing more than an accessory now.

While Orko got ball joints for shoulders and elbow joints, a stand and accessories and iīm not talking about Adam.

....it seems he only has two articulation points and he thought he would be bigger in size when it comes to scale like they promoted with Orko!
    This is kind of how I felt when I saw Kowl. Basically he is an accessory included in an accessory pack. Going into SDCC Kowl was one of my top 5 wants and thus I was very excited when I walked up to the case and saw him on preview night but then I looked more closely and saw the weapons pack and my excitement decreased. I'm still glad to get him but I was expecting better.

Also as someone who collects figures both loose and MOC the fact that Kowl isn't coming in a figure package is really disappointing. Unless they do another version of him somewhere down the road (unlikely) he is going to end up being the biggest void in my MOC lineup.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Sorry, not true. The Star Sisters were based on poster art not on FILMATION. Starla for example had a very different staff and no hat/crown.
    You're right. My bad.

But, the Star Sisters appear to be a lot closer to their Filmation appearance than their original action figure designs.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like one... but I don't see ANY out of sub things getting bought for ME in October...

Seriously, Dactys, Mantenna AND the Horde troopers??? With Grayskull the NEXT month???

Yeesh... that's $450+ in two months...

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post

After Glimmer, two bad and Modulok, Kowl is my #4 favorite 2013 SDCC Reveal!
    Finally some love for Red Eye and Kowla!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Grayskull's Librarian Shadow Weaver 78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'd like one... but I don't see ANY out of sub things getting bought for ME in October...

Seriously, Dactys, Mantenna AND the Horde troopers??? With Grayskull the NEXT month???

Yeesh... that's $450+ in two months...
    Don't forget Nepthu... He's October too.
    Go big or go home

For those who were at the con and saw Kowl in person, how does he compare scalewise to Orko?
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    You're right. My bad.

But, the Star Sisters appear to be a lot closer to their Filmation appearance than their original action figure designs.
    Donīt worry, sadly they look anything but their original toy prototypes.
    Some details are nice but Iīm one of the few who likes Starlas hat/crown and here in FILMATION Jewelstar has some nice details on her boots and waist and Tallstars chocker is nice!

But still Kowl isnīt treated as well as Orko is and thatīs a bit sad especially since he isnīt coming with a bio at least that could have been put on the back even if it had been a short one, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Niki; July 28, 2013 at 01:33pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I think that they are running out of budget and just included him in the best way that they could. He should have been larger, Filmation colors, and had more articulation. It's sad to say but going forward I feel all of the "little guys" will be done with this type of articulation. Loo-Kee had similar results. I hope they don't cheap out on Razz with similar articulation if she gets a figure. We should definitely get a Filmation color Kowl somewhere down the road.

Kowl should be small. In quite a few episodes he is seen sitting on people's shoulders. In SOTS he is the same size as Cringers head. They both hide under a bench. Do an image search.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Kowl should be small. In quite a few episodes he is seen sitting on people's shoulders. In SOTS he is the same size as Cringers head. They both hide under a bench. Do an image search.
    I did and I found this.kowl.jpg

It looks to me like he is the same size as Orko. Orko's figure seems larger in size. Maybe, I'm wrong. I just always thought he was bigger.

I think people want him to be larger based on how large the original toy was in comparison. I always wanted a tiny Kowl that could hang out on Bow's shoulder.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

It depends on the animation cel. He's been a little larger than bow's head and nearly the size of orko. I think the size they went with is good. I think he'll fit on Bow's shoulder.