Thread: The Firstladies of Battleground aka Evil-Lyn vs Teela

The Firstladies of Battleground aka Evil-Lyn vs Teela

I always wanted to draw Bikini Teela and now i found a way to put her to paper!

I also never really drew Evil Lyn, i redesigned her SOH look but thatīs so different from what she really looks like so that doesīt count

The Firstladies of Battleground

I tried to show their personalities as well.

Teela as always ready for a fight and Evil Lyn lurking, waiting for her chance to attack.

I am a big fan of blonde haired Teela and so i couldīt resist and show her blonde flowing hair. In addition this outfit is one of the campiest she has ever worn and one of the coolest if you ask me! The cloak is a nice idea but i hope sheīll find something more spectacular in the near future!

Evil Lyn has gotten her 200X outfit but in MOTUC power colors similar to the NECA station bust to keep it in MOTUC continuity. I never forget the first time i saw her in that outfit, i loved it and i was surprised how much more i liked it in the blue/yellow combination.

The central tower as background challenged me since i didnīt wanted to show the full opened mouth and everything so i decided i need an ankle where you clearly know where the two of them are but distract from them and the light source from the mouth made the whole picture even more complicated.
    BUT it was my own decision and so i had to find a way and i think i found a good compromise.

And as side note: Why are there so many stairs everywhere???? Since iīm trying to do complete pictures there are always stairs i think i have never drawn that many in my whole life!
    Last edited by Niki; August 1, 2013 at 07:37pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Very nice Niki, you made the characters both stand out marvelously even with all of the blue in the picture! Plus I like that you have BG Teela's back facing us... nice illustrative tale yet again!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Sweet stuff, your illustrations really capture the proper mood of MotU's tales. Well done!

Great pic. I really like it n' the colors.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Very nice Niki, you made the characters both stand out marvelously even with all of the blue in the picture! Plus I like that you have BG Teela's back facing us... nice illustrative tale yet again!
    Those blues drove me mad….well almost…but the central Eternia tower is all blue so what was i to do but i was thinking of MAXXīs advise to make shadows darker than i would normally do and that helped me to make the picture more clear.

And to be honest my Battleground Teela is posed almost exactly like that and i simply love that pose

Quote Originally Posted by Galdelico View Post
    Sweet stuff, your illustrations really capture the proper mood of MotU's tales. Well done!
    Thank you very much! Actually i wasnīt thinking that much about a MOTU mood in general but if you say so, iīm even more flattered!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Great pic. I really like it n' the colors.
    Thank you so much, coloring isnīt my strongest suit so thatīs a huge compliment for me!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Good work! Even though she's up to something wicked, Evil-Lyn is such an underrated beauty imo.
    www.BOSATSU.com < My art portfolio

Heroic Warrior
    This is really engaging; most cartoon-derived images are flat and the characters lack life; your does not and do not. The steps (all of them) do add true depth to the perspective and the colours are vibrant and fresh.

And Bosatu is right; Evil-Lyn is a real beauty - always!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosatsu View Post
    Good work! Even though she's up to something wicked, Evil-Lyn is such an underrated beauty imo.
    Thank you! Evil Lyn is just a piece of art and work! It was fun drawing her she is such a rich character which millions of layers!

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    This is really engaging; most cartoon-derived images are flat and the characters lack life; your does not and do not. The steps (all of them) do add true depth to the perspective and the colours are vibrant and fresh.

And Bosatu is right; Evil-Lyn is a real beauty - always!
    Thank you very much!

And to be frank, thanks to the org Fan Art members and their advises or feed backs my pictures got less static. Iīm constantly trying to get better and to improve my pictures.

A compliment like yours really makes me happy!

Oh those steps… donīt remind me of those