Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebrating the new 30th Anniversary characters!

Great work! You made the D-Listers look First class! Great use of colors especially on Laser Lot! his color scheme should be more like this. Amazing artwork!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Really great work
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Yes the colour scheme on this Lazer-Lot is great and really breaks up the blueness of him
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

gasp! you've achieved to make look Laser Lot cool! and great work in the others too! keep them coming!

Thanks, guys - I thought breaking up the blues really helped the design, as well. Even if they just did metallic blue vs matte blue, I think it would help to distinguish the materials and break up the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshow View Post
    Since they're so new, and in many cases, less than popular , I realized there isn't much art out there for the newest members of our MOTU family - the 30th Anniversary characters! So, I decided to make a thread celebrating the new guys, as well as the 30th Anniversary sub-line of MOTU Classics.

Let's start with the first revealed figure for the new sub-line, the long-awaited FEARLESS PHOTOG, as created by Nathan Bitner!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...lessPhotog.jpg
    Next, the Four Horsemen's own Jersey Devil, the villainous DRAEGO-MAN!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...egoManEdit.jpg
    The always controversial MIGHTY SPECTOR, mysterious time protector, created by brand manager and MOTU head honcho Scott "ToyGuru" Neitlich!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...pectorEdit.jpg
    And getting us to current reveals, DC Comic's Chief Creative Officer Geoff John's SIR LASER-LOT!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...zerLotEdit.jpg

These guys were a ball to draw, and while I know a lot of MOTU fans consider them "red-headed stepchildren", I am more than happy to have them join our ever growing cast of new characters! And once the fifth 30th character is revealed (by Mattel MOTU Designer Terry Higuchi), I'll update him or her to this thread as well!

And it will all culminate in a piece depicting whoever wins the coveted 6th slot, as winner of the Create-A-Character Contest!

As always, enjoy, and cheers!

Bearshow!
    Wow! Those are all fantastic Bearshow!! Your artwork really makes me love each of these characters even more!
    – No comment.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Argh! *shucks off the giant boulder from on top of him*

I KNEW there was stuff happening out here!

I need to check the boards more often, because I'd be sad if I missed new Bearshow stuff...

I gotta say, I've always had mad love for Photog, and your piece glorifies his sheer bizarre awesomeness. Love the fact that Whiplash is displayed on his chest. I've always envisioned the flash bulb shield as a way in which he dazzles his opponents before striking so I'm glad to see that latent glow on there! Go Photog! You da man!

Draego Man. 'Nuff said. He doesn't need a heck of a lot of work to make him awesome. Love the fire effects.

Spector, kickin' snake bootay! There's that cool energy blade I love. It's cool because when you look at him like this you don't notice the spade symbol as much. Neat! Never hated Spector the way most others do, but this piece places him in a more familiar context and shows he can be just as much a part of MOTU as anything else. Nice job, dude.

SPACE LASER KNIGHT SLAYING EVIL TENTACLE DEMON WITH CONSUMMATE STYLE AND PINACHE! YEAH! *fist pumps* That's all I have to say about Sir Laser-Lot! (Well no, I lied. Nice job on breaking up the blue! This piece is composed of eleven billion percent concentrated AWESOME.) *explodes*
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Bearshow!!! OMG, I don't look at the Fan Art forums and miss all this!!! I'm so glad you're back! Great artwork especially out of some of those characters!
    Last edited by gbagok; April 5, 2012 at 03:08pm.

Hi everyone,

for the Celebrating of the new 30th Anniversary characters I wanted to share with you some of my concept designs from my 3D personal project.
    Hope you like it...
    Regards,
    Chris

HM_Final_Comp_700.jpgOrko_quick_composition001.jpgTeela_final_comp_900.jpgMerman_900.jpgEvil_Lyn_final_800.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Since they're so new, and in many cases, less than popular , I realized there isn't much art out there for the newest members of our MOTU family - the 30th Anniversary characters! So, I decided to make a thread celebrating the new guys, as well as the 30th Anniversary sub-line of MOTU Classics.

Let's start with the first revealed figure for the new sub-line, the long-awaited FEARLESS PHOTOG, as created by Nathan Bitner!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...lessPhotog.jpg
    Next, the Four Horsemen's own Jersey Devil, the villainous DRAEGO-MAN!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...egoManEdit.jpg
    The always controversial MIGHTY SPECTOR, mysterious time protector, created by brand manager and MOTU head honcho Scott "ToyGuru" Neitlich!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...pectorEdit.jpg
    And getting us to current reveals, DC Comic's Chief Creative Officer Geoff John's SIR LASER-LOT!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...zerLotEdit.jpg

These guys were a ball to draw, and while I know a lot of MOTU fans consider them "red-headed stepchildren", I am more than happy to have them join our ever growing cast of new characters! And once the fifth 30th character is revealed (by Mattel MOTU Designer Terry Higuchi), I'll update him or her to this thread as well!

And it will all culminate in a piece depicting whoever wins the coveted 6th slot, as winner of the Create-A-Character Contest!

As always, enjoy, and cheers!

Bearshow!
    Just now seeing these. Real nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aliengraphic View Post
    Hi everyone,

for the Celebrating of the new 30th Anniversary characters I wanted to share with you some of my concept designs from my 3D personal project.
    Hope you like it...
    Regards,
    Chris

HM_Final_Comp_700.jpgOrko_quick_composition001.jpgTeela_final_comp_900.jpgMerman_900.jpgEvil_Lyn_final_800.jpg
    I like your Orko

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Those drawings are great love the imagination. I appreciate the 30th characters even more.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I did an homage to your Spector drawing in my latest batch of pictures. I hope you don't mind.

So incredibly awesome, Matthew K!!!!!

I do not mind in the least - it is honor!

It came out so cool; my wife wanted me to let you know she loves your work, for what it's worth.

She says you're cool .
    Visit me at www.cjedwardsart.com

Now with more Facebook! Personal: http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/...cj.edwards.142 and Official CJ Edwards Art page: http://www.facebook.com/cjedwardsart

For more Bearshow art, please visit my DeviantArt account: http://cjedwardsart.deviantart.com/

I thought that photo looked familiar!!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Good, I'm glad you like it. I did attribute it to you in the caption on the pic and linked to your deviant art. I like to give credit where credit is due.

So incredibly awesome, Matthew K!!!!!

I do not mind in the least - it is honor!

It came out so cool; my wife wanted me to let you know she loves your work, for what it's worth.

She says you're cool .
    That's worth a lot to me. If I manage to impress my wife with a pic, I know I've done something right, so somebody else's wife has to be even better, right? Does that make any sense?

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Mind = Blown!

I discovered these on your Deviant Art page a while ago and almost had a convulsion. They are currently my iPhone wallpaper.

I'm a HUGE fan of your work and genuinly think that any new figure that comes out and isn't very well recieved by the fans simply needs an awesome drawing by Bearshow and their opinions will change!

I'm looking at these and I can't pick a favourite! As always, awesome job dude. I look forward to the two remaining 30th Anniversary figures even more so.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Bearshow amazing work!

Maybe you can add the Vykron TRIO, they are also an Exclusive 30th anniversary figures...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Matthew K -Makes total sense to me! I figure it's one layer of accomplishment if one of my fellow Orgers like my stuff, but if someone who isn't a regular of this kind of thing likes it, then even better! I only wish there was some kind of big space octopus toy out there so you could recreate my Laser-Lot pic too !

Alex The Kid - Thanks for the huge compliment! That was my goal - to bring these guys into the MOTU world via a new way of looking at them. Glad it worked for you!

Snake Hunter - I hadn't thought about doing them, but that's a great point! I'll see what I can do !
    Visit me at www.cjedwardsart.com

Now with more Facebook! Personal: http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/...cj.edwards.142 and Official CJ Edwards Art page: http://www.facebook.com/cjedwardsart

For more Bearshow art, please visit my DeviantArt account: http://cjedwardsart.deviantart.com/

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Man, I'd love to see you tackle Vykron and his myriad looks (always thought they'd be separate dudes myself). Surely the Bearshow Touch (TM) can help turn around some of the negative opinions out there!

Also, while I'm here, I'd just like to say that some of your other stuff on DeviantArt is amazing! If anyone hasn't checked it out, head over to Bearshow's DevArt gallery right nao!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Can't wait for your Cy-Chop and Castle Grayskullman!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Can't wait for your Cy-Chop and Castle Grayskullman!
    Yep, I can wait for them!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Bearshow, I just wanted to say that you are one of (if not the) most talented MOTU fan-artists I am aware of. You even rival some of the professional artists who have worked on the property. The fact that you managed to make these guys look so badass is a feat in itself.

Will there be a Cy-Chop and Greyskullman?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Bearshow, I just wanted to say that you are one of (if not the) most talented MOTU fan-artists I am aware of. You even rival some of the professional artists who have worked on the property. The fact that you managed to make these guys look so badass is a feat in itself.

Will there be a Cy-Chop and Greyskullman?
    you ain't joking man. Bearshow is such a quality guy to work with. as far as GSM goes, I am pretty sure not only has he done an image of him, he has a snakeMountain Man, and a frightzone guy to go with it. they are KILLER!!!!!

That's some awesome stuff... thanks for sharing! Are you doing/have you done a Cy-Chop and Castle Grayskullman?
    Say cheese!!!