Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating the new 30th Anniversary characters!

awesome! they look better than the figures! even Draego Man! and finally Spector and Loser Lot look fine to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshow View Post
    Since they're so new, and in many cases, less than popular , I realized there isn't much art out there for the newest members of our MOTU family - the 30th Anniversary characters! So, I decided to make a thread celebrating the new guys, as well as the 30th Anniversary sub-line of MOTU Classics.

Let's start with the first revealed figure for the new sub-line, the long-awaited FEARLESS PHOTOG, as created by Nathan Bitner!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...lessPhotog.jpg
    Next, the Four Horsemen's own Jersey Devil, the villainous DRAEGO-MAN!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...egoManEdit.jpg
    The always controversial MIGHTY SPECTOR, mysterious time protector, created by brand manager and MOTU head honcho Scott "ToyGuru" Neitlich!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...pectorEdit.jpg
    And getting us to current reveals, DC Comic's Chief Creative Officer Geoff John's SIR LASER-LOT!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...zerLotEdit.jpg

These guys were a ball to draw, and while I know a lot of MOTU fans consider them "red-headed stepchildren", I am more than happy to have them join our ever growing cast of new characters! And once the fifth 30th character is revealed (by Mattel MOTU Designer Terry Higuchi), I'll update him or her to this thread as well!

And it will all culminate in a piece depicting whoever wins the coveted 6th slot, as winner of the Create-A-Character Contest!

As always, enjoy, and cheers!

Bearshow!

[EXTREMELY] great artwork!!! Keep it up!

Fantastic work! I cannot wait to see you attempt the next couple of characters as they are revealed. Spector looks really cool fighting those snakemen!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Pretty cool stuff there, Bearshow.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Way cool! Even SLL looks good.
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Movie mayhem!
    O...M....G...! These are amazing! Seriously you just made me like ALL of these characters more... and that is saying A LOT for some of them...

Thanks, gang!

I'm glad these are being so well-received! My goal was to bring them into the MOTU universe proper, and it sounds like it's convincing a couple of you !

And Veebs, just as a quick aside, I've been a huge follower of all of your work at the Fwoosh - it's a honor to have you seeing my work !

As always, its good to see you active again, and to see your new pieces. Your Whiplash looks fantastic, the scales are awesome, even if they are under the foot of that awful Photog. Spector's blaster weapon looks fantastic, even if the rest of him still irks me a little. Draego-Man looks fearsome, and you actually made SLL reasonable to look at. The creature he is fighting looks utterly vile. I'm still not a fan of the character, but your piece is great.

Chris, why can't you just let me hate these characters? ahhh! blast...too..good...must...love...Spector & Sir Laser lot....ahhhhhh!

Great work, and great to see you back on the .org!

Celebrating it the best way
    Last edited by Ulisses31; May 30, 2012 at 06:43pm.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

A big fan of Slush Head
    These are great, love them all, specially Photog vs Whiplash.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Sir Lazerlot looks extremely bad ass, I love the work you have done on them
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    WOW! Excellent work!

Those are just plain Awesome. Great to see you're Amazing art after so long Beasrshow!
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    These are GREAT!

MAN that's awesome! Fantastic! Spectacular! Standing ovation!

About Draego-Man: I've remarked on other threads about how his head reminds me of Ridley from Metroid, and you totally channeled Ridley for the drawing! Looks almost just like Ridley on the cover of Super Metroid! Amazing how that worked out!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Awesome! Actually Spector does look really cool here. Your colors are splendid & spectacular!

Awesome work !!! I really like your style, Bearshow
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Widget
    Since they're so new, and in many cases, less than popular , I realized there isn't much art out there for the newest members of our MOTU family - the 30th Anniversary characters! So, I decided to make a thread celebrating the new guys, as well as the 30th Anniversary sub-line of MOTU Classics.

Let's start with the first revealed figure for the new sub-line, the long-awaited FEARLESS PHOTOG, as created by Nathan Bitner!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...lessPhotog.jpg
    Next, the Four Horsemen's own Jersey Devil, the villainous DRAEGO-MAN!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...egoManEdit.jpg
    The always controversial MIGHTY SPECTOR, mysterious time protector, created by brand manager and MOTU head honcho Scott "ToyGuru" Neitlich!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...pectorEdit.jpg
    And getting us to current reveals, DC Comic's Chief Creative Officer Geoff John's SIR LASER-LOT!
    http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/...zerLotEdit.jpg

These guys were a ball to draw, and while I know a lot of MOTU fans consider them "red-headed stepchildren", I am more than happy to have them join our ever growing cast of new characters! And once the fifth 30th character is revealed (by Mattel MOTU Designer Terry Higuchi), I'll update him or her to this thread as well!

And it will all culminate in a piece depicting whoever wins the coveted 6th slot, as winner of the Create-A-Character Contest!

As always, enjoy, and cheers!

Bearshow!

Really awesome! But can I ask where these are coming from? Are they new designs? Is Mattel releasing them?

Really great stuff! Can't wait to see the rest once they are revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguelasher View Post
    Really awesome! But can I ask where these are coming from? Are they new designs? Is Mattel releasing them?
    They are part of the 30th Anniversary series. Photog is already out. The rest are coming up throughout the year.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Really great stuff! Can't wait to see the rest once they are revealed.

They are part of the 30th Anniversary series. Photog is already out. The rest are coming up throughout the year.

Good to know. Does anyone have a like to where they talk about the others? I know Photog is already on mattycollector but where did everyone learn about the upcoming releases?

hrm...TMS and SLL look much better in art form than plastic.

great art!

Thanks for the continuing support, gang!

It was my goal to make these guys part of our MOTU lore, so it's very encouraging that some of these characters are warming up to people! I wonder if ToyGuru has seen my version of Mighty Spector yet? I'd love to hear what he thinks!

Tonguelasher - Here's a link to MattyCollector.com's 2012 Toy Fair reveals; in the third photo, you can see all of these characters figures in a row:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0004f666h999m2

Thanks for the continuing support, gang!

It was my goal to make these guys part of our MOTU lore, so it's very encouraging that some of these characters are warming up to people! I wonder if ToyGuru has seen my version of Mighty Spector yet? I'd love to hear what he thinks!

Tonguelasher - Here's a link to MattyCollector.com's 2012 Toy Fair reveals; in the third photo, you can see all of these characters figures in a row:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0004f666h999m2
    if they had introduced all of these characters (and the other 30th figs) in print like this, i think all of these figs would have gained more support. they really should have done the contest and promo for 30th at the beginning of 2011. starting with some print art and then maybe in a mini-comic.

just throwing out plastic figs with no context forces us to judge the fig completely on it's plastic form. it doesn't represent anything else.

anyway, again, fantastic job making TMS and SLL (and the other two) look really cool.