Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathleen Kennedy leaving lucasfilm?

Grammer Flunky

Kathleen Kennedy leaving lucasfilm?

https://movieweb.com/kathleen-kenned...ilm-star-wars/

If true, this is a START. but the damage is already done.

She DESTROYED episodes 7-8 and 9. She KILLED Mark Hamil's love for future star wars. she practically killed off all the old characters. No one cares about the new ones left. VERY little enthusiasm left for Episode 9.

And even IF she goes, she still has an army of loyal cronies there with her. Kill the story group. Get rid of Pablo Hidalgo. start fresh if you want to start winning people back.

And Redoo Episode 7 8 and 9 as the Thrawn Trilogy, straight up. animated if you have to. that would be great to see mara jade brought into the fold...as well as karde and the others.

It's a start, but there needs to be ALOT done to win fans back. if that's even possible at this point.

Yeah they have destroyed the franchise for me. You could give me free tickets for life to all of the next SW movies and I still wouldn't see them.

I don't believe there will be any truth to this what so ever.
    You know Kathleen Kennedy didn't write any of these movies right?
    I don't see a reboot happening any time soon.
    And while I love to see stories from the EU made into animated features I don't see that happening either.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    https://movieweb.com/kathleen-kenned...ilm-star-wars/

If true, this is a START. but the damage is already done.

She DESTROYED episodes 7-8 and 9. She KILLED Mark Hamil's love for future star wars. she practically killed off all the old characters. No one cares about the new ones left. VERY little enthusiasm left for Episode 9.

And even IF she goes, she still has an army of loyal cronies there with her. Kill the story group. Get rid of Pablo Hidalgo. start fresh if you want to start winning people back.

And Redoo Episode 7 8 and 9 as the Thrawn Trilogy, straight up. animated if you have to. that would be great to see mara jade brought into the fold...as well as karde and the others.

It's a start, but there needs to be ALOT done to win fans back. if that's even possible at this point.
    I’m so glad you’re not in charge of Lucasfilm.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I’m so glad you’re not in charge of Lucasfilm.
    Why? You'd have a long term plan in place.

You'd have a new movie at least every three years.

You'd have a animated series to supliment the down time for at least 7 years per series.

You'd have everyone in the franchise treated equally with no social agenda being pushed.

and you'd have fun stories.
    what more could you ask for?

That's basically all allot of fans of both male and female variety want these days. FUN , MEANINGFUL stories with a plan and end game attached.
    It's really not too much to ask for!

I know you too well, and unlike some, I’m quite happy with how Lucasfilm is being run. This news isn’t being reported by any of the usual credible SW sources. I smell bantha poodoo.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I know you too well
    The reports of human sacrifices and tripping old people at malls is greatly exaggerated. I catch them before they fall all the way.

In THAT case...!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    The reports of human sacrifices and tripping old people at malls is greatly exaggerated. I catch them before they fall all the way.
    Ha! I am surprised no one has accused you of racism for torturing those four brothers with pretentious names

OMG, please do not let someone take that seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I don't believe there will be any truth to this what so ever.
    You know Kathleen Kennedy didn't write any of these movies right?
    I don't see a reboot happening any time soon.
    And while I love to see stories from the EU made into animated features I don't see that happening either.
    I agree about KK being fired. I think it is too soon for her to be bounced just off of the horrible performance of Solo. Personally I think Disney will wait and see how episode 9 fairs. 9 will be a December Christmas opening like the previous releases, it will be heavily promoted, and there won't be any other Star Wars movie within a year of it's release. Basically all of the excuses that Disney/LF has tossed at us over the past couple of weeks will no longer be available. IF 9 also fails then Disney will have to face the fact that they have a problem. IF 9 succeeds that will validate their current excuses for Solo's failure and most likely keep Kennedy on and continue on their current path.

No, she does not write anything but obviously has to give her approval for a film to be released. She canned the director's for Solo so clearly she has final approval. So while she did not write any of the current films it seems clear that anything that we see is released with her stamp. Her name is on this as much as anyone else, that's the responsibility of her position.

No I don't see a reboot at all and for me personally that is saddening. There has been nothing apologetic about Disney nor Lucas film during their stewardship of Star Wars so I don't understand why anyone would expect a reboot. For anyone who is displeased with the current state of Star Wars we can hope to enjoy the future series coming from Faverau and the team from GoT. With any luck the Kenobi anthology will be enjoyable. For me personally I have nothing to look forward to in 9. I'm not even sure what I'd hope to happen.

We may get more Eu in the tv series coming forth but I'd agree that the trilogy films will most likely not feature much in terms of any of the novels or comics. More's the pity.

I feel that the biggest problem that Disney has is that their approach to SW seem's to be entirely with any sort of larger plan or arc. We get 2 films that focus more about the original trilogy than the current one and episode 8, IMHO basically nullified everything 7 attempted to set up. What am I supposed to look forward to-at this point?
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; June 7, 2018 at 10:53pm.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    They need to do a massive course correction to win back the fans. The Last Jedi was such a bad movie on multiple levels, but the worst was the treatment of Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamill.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    They need to do a massive course correction to win back the fans. The Last Jedi was such a bad movie on multiple levels, but the worst was the treatment of Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamill.
    Agreed my friend but I'm not sure they can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Looking back, I wonder if Mark Hamill wished he'd actually walked out on the project.

Disney still would have gone forward of course, but it would have been one heckuva statement!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Good riddance!
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Looking back, I wonder if Mark Hamill wished he'd actually walked out on the project.

Disney still would have gone forward of course, but it would have been one heckuva statement!
    agreed. but, if he signed up for episode 7, he probably automatically signed up for episode 8 and would have been fined heavily if he did.

So, he took the second option and tried to warn us that it was going to be horrible at every turn he could....before and AFTER it killed HIS love for star wars.

I agree that it's probably too late to right the ship.

Just with ghostbusters before it, the femenism train killed any love the franchise had from both male and female fans alike and there is alot of anger on both sides now where none existed before (at least not to this level).
    They already screwed up what should have been a big movie event. what else can they do to win people back?

Just with ghostbusters before it, the femenism train killed any love the franchise had from both male and female fans alike and there is alot of anger on both sides now where none existed before (at least not to this level).
    ?
    Wait, what?

How are you going to blame feminism for killing love for Star Wars? Lots of folks love this franchise and itís making money hand over fist... itís going a different direction that some folks donít like but others are really digging on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Agreed my friend but I'm not sure they can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.
    They'll have to use the Time Stone in the next movie to go back and change everything.

There are so many aspects of The Last Jedi that are flawed that you have to just choose not to see it. And the direction of Star Wars under her watch has changed drastically.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Dragon Walker 4) Land Shark

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    There are so many aspects of The Last Jedi that are flawed that you have to just choose not to see it. And the direction of Star Wars under her watch has changed drastically.
    Without a doubt.

Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Remember when they tried to say the IMDB fan reviews were hacked. If you go through and read them most of them are pretty in-depth and clearly different writing styles/people. They just cannot pay off angry fans like they can pay off the professional reviewers.

Grammer Flunky
    It's sad.

George Lucas REALLY needed to go. If he was left in charge, we'd have so many retcon changes to the original trilogy by now, that Threepio would be a blue droid, han would have blonde hair..and lea would be about a foot taller. But he didn't need to go all the way. He's a GREAT idea man. but left fully in charge, well, we see what happened.

then we got kennedy...and now look at the extra mess we are in?

is it just hollywood that makes one become crazy, or is star wars just cursed?

They could fire Kennedy, or the whole lot of them, and it wouldn’t do any good. The replacements would just be the same. The problem is systemic in Disney and really the movie industry as a whole.

Of all people, George Lucas hit the nail on the head in his Charlie Rose interview a few years back. All these big companies, including Disney, have developed this horrible habit of trying to underwrite every film with heavily corporate strategy to micromanage the filmmaking.

Seemingly gone are the days where a studio gives a young artist a check for 7 or 8 figures, leaves him/her alone to make it happen, and accepts the risk of that investment potentially going down the toilet. They want to calculate every possible angle with formulaic predictability to guarantee the movie will make money.

The irony of course is that almost none of the movies are truly good or enjoyable. The best they can do is get about 75% of the way there. They’re generally hollow, watered down, and lack the charm and humanity that are so necessary to the movie watching experience.

I’ve realized somewhat sadly that Star Wars as a franchise is played out. The first trilogy was excellent, and they have never been able to recapture the magic since.
    Last edited by moltak; June 9, 2018 at 08:26am.

Quote Originally Posted by moltak View Post
    They could fire Kennedy, or the whole lot of them, and it wouldn’t do any good. The replacements would just be the same.

Of all people, George Lucas nailed the movie industry on the head in his Charlie Rose interview a few years back. All these big companies, including Disney, have developed this horrible habit of trying to underwrite every film with heavily corporate strategy to micromanage the filmmaking.

Seemingly gone are the days where a studio gives a young artist a check for 7 or 8 figures, leaves him/her alone to make it happen, and accepts the risk of that investment potentially going down the toilet. They want to calculate every possible angle with formulaic predictability to guarantee the movie will make money.

The irony of course is that almost none of the movies are truly good or enjoyable. The best they can do is get about 75% of the way there. They’re generally hollow, watered down, and lack the charm and humanity that are so necessary to the movie watching experience.
    Preach. I haven't stepped foot in a theater in years and when I do manage to stream a movie I usually wait until the rental price becomes next to nothing because there are very few decent movies out there.

I forced myself to watch TLJ after months of saying I wouldn't (based on fan reviews and blogs), so I knew going in how terrible the movie was and of course all of the plot points. There is a line in the movie where Kylo tells Rey: 'Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.' and that really set the tone for these movies. They are not interested in the amazing story telling that made these movies work in the first place. All of the magic and wonder of the original trilogy was slaughtered on the altar of corrupt greed. There was a time when I loved everything Disney, now I just despise the whole company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I doubt it. Hamill is old enough now that he doesn’t really care about the story or characters anymore. He’s happy those pay checks are rolling in.

He was doing a talk and Q&A in a big auditorium full of fans a few months after The Force Awakens came out, and when he made reference to Daisy Ridley’s character, he was like “What’s her name?” Main character of the entire movie, and he couldn’t remember her name was Rey.

I think few of these actors care about the story nearly as much as the fans do.

I love Hamill as an entertainer (he has done some amazing voice over work), but I am not fond of him as a person. That goes for a lot of actors and it really makes me not want to see their movies. When I was younger I kind of worshiped celebs or at least was fascinated by them. The older I get the more I realize there is nothing to worship. I watched a 30 minute clip of him basically panning TLJ and the direction they took the character and then when the movie started getting flack he started singing its praises. I wonder if someone at Disney boxed his ears.