Thread: George A. Romero dead at 77

George A. Romero dead at 77

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-me-george-romero-20170716-story.html

Legendary filmmaker George A. Romero, father of the modern movie zombie and creator of the groundbreaking “Night of the Living Dead” franchise, has died at 77, his family said.

Romero died Sunday in his sleep following a “brief but aggressive battle with lung cancer,” according to a statement to The Times provided by his longtime producing partner, Peter Grunwald. Romero died while listening to the score of one his favorite films, 1952’s “The Quiet Man,” with his wife, Suzanne Desrocher Romero, and daughter, Tina Romero, at his side, the family said.

I can't believe so many celebrities I love are passing away this year. 2017 will end up being even sadder than 2016.

Rest In Peace.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Sad to hear this. He truly was an innovator for the genre.

Absolutely devastated by this news. George was (is) one of my favorite horror directors. I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years back here in Chicago at a Flashback weekend event and he was a warm and gentle guy with a quick wit and a cheeky smile. Super gracious as well. Truly a legend. Dawn of the Dead is probably my favorite horror movie, and because of his films, I went location hunting for places featured in all of the original Dead trilogy. Rest in Power George, your legacy will be forever.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

Heroic Warrior
    That sucks! i remembered 32 years ago when i was 4 when i saw Night of the Living Dead and Creepshow on video, that's when i became a horror fan and saw Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead with Martin on video at age 5 with my big brothers despite Day of the Dead did made me throw up nearly. Dug Tales from the Darkside show as a kid, saw Creepshow 2 with Monkey Shines and Tales from the Darkside the movie (aka the real Creepshow 3) and Dark Half in theaters as a kid.

He was a talented filmmaker.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Master of New Adventures!
    The man created an entire genre. That's something few in the entertainment industry can lay claim to. A towering talent has left us. R.I.P., sir.

Heroic Warrior
    Your a fan of him since Creepshow or Night and Dawn too Olesker?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.