Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2

JOHN WICK Director David Leitch May Direct DEADPOOL 2
    By SCOTT WAMPLER Oct. 28, 2016

When Tim Miller stepped down as the director of Deadpool 2 the other day, it set off something of a social media frenzy, with everyone and their uncle weighing in on who they'd like to see take over for him. Most of these suggestions where wholly unrealistic (the whole thing reached a fever pitch around about the time someone launched a petition demanding that Quentin Tarantino, of all people, take the job), but, hey, it was something fun to do on Twitter for a few hours.

Well, it's just days later, and it may already be time to shut that game down for good: in an exclusive report posted late last night, Mashable says that John Wick director David Leitch is the frontrunner for the job.

Mashable claims they've verified the story through multiple unnamed sources, and points out that Leitch has something of a history with the people involved with Deadpool 2:

Leitch has history with all of the parties involved, including Reynolds, as he was the action coordinator on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which introduced the actor as Wade Wilson. And John Wick, the Keanu Reeves 2014 cult hit, was extraordinarily popular with the genre crowd that is the foundation of Deadpool's fan base.

Leitch ... has also worked with Fox and Marvel before, performing stunts for Blade, Daredevil and Fight Club, one of several films in which he was Brad Pitt’s stunt double.

Before we get to the part where we celebrate this pairing, I'd like to take just a moment to point out how weird it is that a guy who once served as Brad Pitt's stunt double on Fight Club went on to direct John Wick. What a delightfully weird detail!

Anyway, yes: if this is where Deadpool 2's headed, we're totally onboard. In addition to what Mashable's pointed out above, I would also point out that Leitch has the chops to turn in a visually dazzling and highly kinetic Deadpool sequel - anyone who's seen John Wick can tell you that - and he'll probably be able to make it happen within the kind of budget Fox, Reynolds and company want to work with.

What do you guys think? Into this? Not so much? Did you really think Tarantino was gonna take this job? Come on, brah.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/10/...ect-deadpool-2

I love it, John Wick was one of the best actioners in recent memory and this guy knows his stuff and can handle the material well.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    We'll see how Deadpool 2 turns out...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    We know Cables is in it but what about the villain(s)?

First actual DEADPOOL 2 trailer:

Definitely some NSFW language.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/02/...railer-is-here

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Oh man i cannot wait to see this one

Heroic Warrior
    I don't really expect much here. I think the first one was so incredibly popular because it was new and different and was something that people hadn't ever seen before... and a sequel really can't get by on that.

Whenever I see THIS much hype over something... and no real substance or plot being talked about. That's a major red flag for me. So far all these movies have is Deadpool acting like Deadpool and that Deadpool is popular so why shouldn't a Deadpool movie be popular?!?

The first one was very comic accurate... and Fox's X-movies have sucked on that level, but the actual story?? It was more about the one-liners than the actual story.

Throwing in things like Cable and X-force... I'm not really sure how Deadpool will be able to share the screen with other A-list characters. He's kind of a one-man variety show...

Personally i think this sequel might surpass the original and might be funnier.

Widget
    I am looking forward to this movie, however why make Domino black, Domino was not black, she more white than I am, she is alabaster white, not black.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I am looking forward to this movie, however why make Domino black, Domino was not black, she more white than I am, she is alabaster white, not black.

Probably to annoy reactionaries.

Or maybe because she was the best fit for the role, Zazie Beats is very talented and apparently had good chemistry with Ryan Reynolds, was really liked by Rob Liefeld, and generally seemed like a great fit for the character in auditions: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/163...ther-actresses

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Probably to annoy reactionaries.

Or maybe because she was the best fit for the role, Zazie Beats is very talented and apparently had good chemistry with Ryan Reynolds, was really liked by Rob Liefeld, and generally seemed like a great fit for the character in auditions: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/163...ther-actresses
    I wouldn't mind if they had painted her alabaster white, that's the thing that is out of place and the afro, Zazie looks nothing like Domino, I am sorry but nope. Hell they could have made her misty knight which she would have been better off as. I guess it's just another Hollywood take what the character is like and make it PC, and spoil the looks of a character that once again I grew up with, I am expecting next they will make He-Man (not He-Bro) black and Skeletor black, you know because they were the best fits.

I wouldn't mind if they had painted her alabaster white, that's the thing that is out of place and the afro, Zazie looks nothing like Domino, I am sorry but nope. Hell they could have made her misty knight which she would have been better off as. I guess it's just another Hollywood take what the character is like and make it PC, and spoil the looks of a character that once again I grew up with, I am expecting next they will make He-Man (not He-Bro) black and Skeletor black, you know because they were the best fits.
    They don't own the rights to Misty Knight, which is why she is currently a player in the MCU Netflix universe.

Also,
    Or maybe because she was the best fit for the role, Zazie Beats is very talented and apparently had good chemistry with Ryan Reynolds, was really liked by Rob Liefeld, and generally seemed like a great fit for the character in auditions
    Was it an issue that Copycat wasn't "alabaster white"? That Negasonic's appearance changed dramatically? That Ajax looked nothing like the Ajax form the comics? That Wade was an actual mutant?

Maybe we wait to hear ONE WORD of spoken dialogue before we judge someone's depiction of a character. Oh, and I have honestly never heard one thing that indicated Domino wasn't black (before her mutant powers turned her skin white).
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Since to see Cable in this one and what if they did an in-joke on Rob Liefled where Deadpool is seeing a comic with Rob's artwork on it saying "needs more guns and pouches" as an in-joke to comic fans.

This whole anti-PC crusade is getting old/annoying and, honestly, way worse than anything the PC crowd was accused of. Can't go anywhere without someone whining about how something insignificant is "PC" all of a sudden. As if it even matters. Who cares if Domino is black? I don't have a problem with a new take on a character, seeing a black person on screen doesn't offend me. Domino the character underwent extensive genetic manipulation, there's nothing that suggests to me that she couldn't have been black before that anyone. If the character works well on screen, that's what matters to me.
    Last edited by SonOfHeMan; February 12, 2018 at 08:49am.

Latest trailer:

Caution... some strong language.

Looks hilarious!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Latest trailer:

Caution... some strong language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86RtevtfrA

Looks hilarious!
    Can't wait! i've been looking forward to this one and looks like Cable is nicely casted.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Can't wait! i've been looking forward to this one and looks like Cable is nicely casted.
    Well, the same guy (Josh Brolin) playing Cable is also the world-conquering tyrant, Thanos!

Come to think of it.... this could cause a bit of confusion should the Fox and Marvel Studios Universes come together... (then again, one is a cyborg mutant and the other is a giant purple alien, )

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait.

I’ve still never seen the first one.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I’ve still never seen the first one.
    Well, if you like dark, gritty, bloody, vulgar, crude, outlandish, and crass action/comedies starring mutant superheroes (superhero is in the vaguest sense of the word), then Deadpool is for you!

Joking aside, Deadpool is a really fun movie that captures the best parts of the character and has some amazing action sequences... but, the crude humor is not for everyone.

Anyone seem the possible Juggernaut rumor? Play it at the slowest speed starting at 00:16

I wonder if Rob Liefeld will do a cameo in this movie?

John Cena doesn't suck Andy Adams's Avatar
    I would almost bet that juggernaut makes an appearance and rumored to also have black tom cassidy. Cool!!

But shatterstar...meh..looks like a cosplayer outfit.

PS, comic spoiler>>>that may not be the real domino
    It's not falling down that defines character, everyone falls down....it's how you get back up.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Saw it on Friday, just as awesome and fun as the original
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I've watched it yesterday and it is hilarious.

Action and or fight choreographies are excellent, plot seems to be an excuse to do something wacky and throw

X-Force, Cable & Domino
    , CGI is lousy and I think it is done on purpose; but best of all are the cameos. You blink and you'll miss them, but they serve great as jokes punchlines.

The only drawback for an international viewer is that most of the jokes are translated in the subtitles replacing names or expressions making them to loose some sense unless you may understand English.

Mid credits scenes are funny as Hades
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread