Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild: March 3/17

Heroic Warrior

Nintendo Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild: March 3/17

So who on here is planning on getting the Nintendo Switch and the Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild when they come out on March 3rd? I'm planning on getting both, but I know people are thinking of getting Zelda for Wii U, but after watching the live Nintendo steam, I'm excited for the system. Love the new controllers and what they can do.

I've got both preoredered.

I'm torn.

I am either about to purchase a Switch, or a PS4. Been waiting for the announcements about the Switch but I guess I was expecting more. Anyone hear anything yet on it's capabilities outside of gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I'm torn.

I am either about to purchase a Switch, or a PS4. Been waiting for the announcements about the Switch but I guess I was expecting more. Anyone hear anything yet on it's capabilities outside of gaming?
    Nothing at the moment, they now announced online service, so probably Internet like Netflix, online app for our amusement. Other than that? Nothing.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Console & regular edition of Zelda pre-ordered from Amazon. Missed out on the Special/Master editions, but am checking constantly on every site possible hoping for them to become available again.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I got Breath of the Wild a week after it was released. Got it for Wii U, haven't bought a Switch. I just beat the final boss about a week ago after over 150 hours. What an amazing game! I took my sweet time, exploring everything. I'm still playing it too, trying to complete all the sidequests and find the last shrines I was missing.

How'd it go for everyone else? Was there another thread about this game?

Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    I got Breath of the Wild a week after it was released. Got it for Wii U, haven't bought a Switch. I just beat the final boss about a week ago after over 150 hours. What an amazing game! I took my sweet time, exploring everything. I'm still playing it too, trying to complete all the sidequests and find the last shrines I was missing.

I loved this game! The best Zelda game I've played so far. I spent probably around 150 hours playing it before I beat Ganon, as well. Of that 150 hours, I probably spent 75% of that time playing it handheld and not through the TV screen. I haven't completed all the shrines, but I am looking forward to purchasing the expansion pack and exploring what that's about soon.

Grammer Flunky

I STILL have not been able to find a switch,

AND I still havn't felt the need to delve into skyward sword since i got it apon release. I'm only at the part where you first reach land.

I like some handheld gaming, but I definitely preferred playing BOTW on a large screen with surround sound.

I'll probably break down and buy the dlc when the kids go back to school and I find myself with more free time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I STILL have not been able to find a switch,

AND I still havn't felt the need to delve into skyward sword since i got it apon release. I'm only at the part where you first reach land.
    I've seen a few Switches in the wild, but haven't picked one up yet. BOTW was great on Wii U and nothing else really makes me want to own a Switch yet. Except maybe Splatoon 2.

I like some handheld gaming, but I definitely preferred playing BOTW on a large screen with surround sound.

I'll probably break down and buy the dlc when the kids go back to school and I find myself with more free time.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen a few Switches in the wild, but haven't picked one up yet. BOTW was great on Wii U and nothing else really makes me want to own a Switch yet. Except maybe Splatoon 2.
    I was the exact opposite. Never bought a Wii U. Accidentally found a couple Switches for sale in my local Walmart one Sunday morning in April. Decided to take the plunge then. I agree not a whole lot of games available right now. Mario Odyssey and Metroid are coming soon though. And I'll pick up Skyrim - I think I'll have a lot of fun playing that on the handheld.

While waiting around for a show to start on our road trip Saturday my girlfriend and I stopped by a Wal Mart to find they had 4 Switches in stock (having none available anywhere in our city since release) so we bought it and Breath of the Wild. My girlfriend didn't think she'd like it not having played the other Zelda games but she's been playing it pretty much non-stop since.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    While waiting around for a show to start on our road trip Saturday my girlfriend and I stopped by a Wal Mart to find they had 4 Switches in stock (having none available anywhere in our city since release) so we bought it and Breath of the Wild. My girlfriend didn't think she'd like it not having played the other Zelda games but she's been playing it pretty much non-stop since.
    Yes, previous Zelda experience is not required to get full enjoyment from BOTW. There are some fun easter eggs for long-time fans, but a new player doesn't miss out on anything important.

If anyone having problem looking for Switch, This gaming site deal with sort you out.

https://www.destructoid.com/weekend-...t-454472.phtml

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Hey guys, Looks like Nintendo have update their software, update 4.0. There's a lot of ton new features that I just can't explain how good it is.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Grammer Flunky
    finally found a switch. but no games for it yet due to saving them for my birthday in a few days.

does this have motion sensor controls? If they finally where able to ditch the sensor bar, i wonder why they didn't do it for wii u.

would be a perfect system to release star wars arcade on.

The sensor is directly work from the tablet/console it self. That's why you see people detach their joycons when they put it on kickstand or just play 1 2 Switch on "mobile".

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    finally found a switch. but no games for it yet due to saving them for my birthday in a few days.

does this have motion sensor controls? If they finally where able to ditch the sensor bar, i wonder why they didn't do it for wii u.

would be a perfect system to release star wars arcade on.
    It's because the motion control features in the Switch Joy-Cons are a different technology than the Wii remotes.

And the extremely obvious reason why the Wii U didn't "ditch" the sensor bar is because it used the exact same Wii remotes as the original Wii.

It's almost HERE!!!!!!

Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm extremely excited!

Although I haven't even finished Breath of the Wild yet.

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    The sensor is directly work from the tablet/console it self. That's why you see people detach their joycons when they put it on kickstand or just play 1 2 Switch on "mobile".
    Ahh, so that's where they hid it this time. I still don't see why they couldn't have hid it in the Wii U, unless as suggested it's different technology.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'm extremely excited!

Although I haven't even finished Breath of the Wild yet.
    Lol, I'm in the same boat!

All of my students keep urging me to finish BotW too! But, it's not a game you can just rush through...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Ahh, so that's where they hid it this time. I still don't see why they couldn't have hid it in the Wii U, unless as suggested it's different technology.
    Read D-O-E's reply, it's different technology.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Lol, I'm in the same boat!

All of my students keep urging me to finish BotW too! But, it's not a game you can just rush through...
    I already have 120+ hours in the game, defeated Calamity Ganon, and still sitting at like 25% completion lol
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

10/26/2017 New York Morning

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/10/26/s...-kotaku-review

and of course: Odyssey broke down Metacritics as everyone looking forward for this game.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Eternia Burning View Post
    I already have 120+ hours in the game, defeated Calamity Ganon, and still sitting at like 25% completion lol
    Where do you check the completion? and is there a way to check how many shrines you have left?
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.