Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Catch All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Hybrid View

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar

Official Catch All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

So WWE is having their big show (pun intended) soon. Who do you think will win?

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus title match

Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show title match

C.M. Punk vs. Chris Jericho title match

Undertaker vs. Triple H (Shawn Michaels referee)

Team Teddy Long vs. Team Johnny L.

The Rock vs. John Cena

Kane vs. Randy Orton
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

DB has been doing a great job at playing "Classic heel". Screwjob finishes,
    wins by count out, getting DQed on purpose all being played rather perfectly.
    But like most angles of this type, the annual big show is usually a face heavy
    show, and Bryan has held this title for a few months which is a long time in this
    day, and age.
    Expect Bryan to try something shady to win like throwing the ref into a Baroque Kick,
    But having it backfire, and Sheamus gets the pin just as the ref comes to.

WINNER (And new Champion): SHEAMUS

For awhile now Rhodes has interrupted matches to taunt Show, and cost him victories.
    Again, people have wanted Show to get the upperhand these days, and at Wrestlemania
    Big Show probably gets a well deserved chokeslam.

WINNER: THE BIG SHOW

Y2J has come back for what has been an entertaining rivalry angle. A heel who is tired of
    superstars cribbing his quotes, and gimmicks setting his sights on the top guy, Jericho
    pulls out all the stops. As always he even goes after taboo subjects to get under the skin
    of the face. This is probably the best program he's done since his feud with HBK a few years
    ago culminating with a victory at The Great American Bash.
    Jericho is also scheduled to reunite with Fozzy for a tour, but I wouldn't be so quick to assume
    that Punk retains. Rather we will likely see Y2J pull off the seemingly impossible.
    I see Y2J hitting the Walls of Jericho, Punk begrudginly tapping out, and Jericho walking out
    with the belt. Then we'll see a several month continuation of the feud with Jericho losing the title
    just in time to go on tour, and Punk redeeming himself.

WINNER (And new Champion): Y2J

With all of the quasi subliminal digs at HBK from HHH, and the
    wedge Taker has been verbally placing between the two of them
    it's patently obvious to any longtime wrestling fan that HBK is going
    to turn heel, and cost HHH the match allowing Taker to go 20-0

WINNER: THE UNDERTAKER

Hammy John Laurenitis is building a stable of heels, while Long has been picking mostly
    underutilized faces who are over. There is one wild card that will likely end up on team Long
    however. THE MIZ. Every week we've seen Miz whining, and losing in every attempt to get a
    spot at WM. Expect to see Teddy Long add The Miz to his team, and victory that will send Miz
    to Smackdown.

WINNER: TEAM LONG

The Rock vs. John Cena

This one is a tough call. The Rock is arguably one of the most over characters in all of wrestling beating
    all of the top tier talent in the 90's, and was even given the torch by Hulk Hogan in WM18. John Cena
    is the first face in 20 years to get to the superhuman status level of Hulk Hogan or The Ultimate Warrior.
    But The Rock is pretty much part time at this point coming back in between films or promotions.
    I fully expect The Rock to give Cena the torch Hulk Hogan gave to him.

WINNER: JOHN CENA

Kane vs. Randy Orton

This one is disappointing for several reasons. The biggest being we've seen this match 1000 times.
    Kane should have been part of the Taker storyarc as (Kayfabe) Kane is his brother, and it would make
    sense to have him "Save" the Undertaker so he can be the one to retire him, and taking his power for his
    own. Instead we have yet another yawnfest between two guys who deserve to be in higher profile programs.
    Anyway I see an unexpected RKO, allowing Kane to finally move onto something more interesting.

WINNER: RANDY ORTON
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Heroic Warrior
    It's always hard for me to pick because the line between who I want to win and who I'll think win is blurred.

bryan vs shaemus--bryan--will bryan weasel his way to victory or will shaemus get payback for all the kicks to the head and the interference?

Cody vs show--assuming cody doesn't wrestle his real life brother Goldust and Show doesn't wrestle shaq--I'm going with cody--no goofy outing for Show--show may get revenge for cody mocking him but he won't get the title--looking forward to this match

punk vs Y2J--Punk--looking forward to this match

cena vs rock--sigh--I could go on and on and on about why I am NOT liking or forward to this match but I won't--My coin flip pick says Rock.

HHH vs Taker--Taker--starting to wain on this match. the build up is getting a little weak.

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny--slowly warming up to this--Do to stuff I've read on the internet I think Team Johnny will win--who do I want to win? I guess team Teddy.

Kane vs Rko--Looking forward to this match--I'm going with Kane

Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos against Beth Phoenix and Eve--reading the internet and maria has 2 broken ribs--who knows what will happen--If Maria does make it a go then Kelly Kelly/Maria

news:WWE officials are looking to announce the main event for WrestleMania 29 this year – possibly on the RAW Supershow the night after WrestleMania 28. The belief is that the RAW after WrestleMania 28 will be the highest-rated of the year.

Right now officials are looking at John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin and The Undertaker as the top guys to build next year around. Regarding Austin, he has not committed to wrestling another match yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    So WWE is having their big show (pun intended) soon. Who do you think will win?

The Rock vs. John Cena

Kane vs. Randy Orton
    I'm going -

Sheamus

Big Show

Jericho

Triple H

Team Teddy

The Rock

Kane

My picks:

Sheamus
    The Big Show
    Chris Jericho
    The Undertaker
    Team Johhny
    The Rock
    Randy Orton
    Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Sheamus

Big Show

Jericho

Undertaker

Team Teddy

The Rock

Kane
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    I'm in Miami right now (Harding Ave) if anyone wanna hang out ?

I had to travel for 24 hrs and I made it.....my 4th Mania and prolly my last , too far to travel. I'd never rule out WM 30 in NY though

Taker vs HHH (people are gonna get angry as hell if Taker loses

Punk vs Jericho (teach him a lesson , Punk

Sheamus vs Bryan (teach him a lesson , Great White

Rock vs Cena (predicting overrated match......Rock will win imo , as crazy as it sounds)

Kane vs Orton (since he's Takers brother I want him to win.....prolly gonna be Orton though)

I'd like to meet Jake the Snake tomorrow
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Evil Master of Warcraft
    IT IS TIME!!! #bootstoasses
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

The Rock at Wrestkemania 28!

Miami welcomes The Rock to Wrestlemania 28 in Miami!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Merged this with the existing Wrestlemania thread.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Cena gets killed again! Sorry but anyone over the age of 12 should not be a fan of his..He got pushed by Vince McMahon to be the next thing instead of the fans choosing like they always have..
    Last edited by Megalodon; April 3, 2012 at 03:15pm.

Man when Cena teased the crowd that he was going to turn heel they were SOOOOOOO into it and then he did not

There is so much money to be made with a heel Cena, and its all being left on the table.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Man when Cena teased the crowd that he was going to turn heel they were SOOOOOOO into it and then he did not

There is so much money to be made with a heel Cena, and its all being left on the table.
    But in Vince's eyes he going to lose alot of money for the kids buying his stuff and all of the Make A Wish Foundation people seeing a bad guy would not look good especially to the kids that believe in him
    Last edited by Megalodon; April 3, 2012 at 04:50pm.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar

~Wrestling Legend Paul Orndorff Slams Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart and Ric Flair~

From 411Mania:

-"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff was a guest on Inside The Ropes' 15th episode, where he talked about several topics and slammed a few legendary wrestlers. His interview stars 42 minutes, 20 seconds in.

On facing Ric Flair for the NWA World Title in 1982: "He was just another body. Some are better than others. I believed in making it look real. I was probably hard to work with because I wanted it to make real and I knew how to wrestle."

On working the first Wrestlemania in the main event: "It was special. There were so many people. It was the largest crowd to ever watch it. And then the pay per view of it was just ungodly. This was my opportunity to be really noticed and be seen. My paycheck….it was huge. I made more money in that 30 minutes than I did in a whole year with the NWA. People expected it and they were gonna get it from me."

On working with Mr. T: "I wasn't crazy about it. I was very protective WrestleMania 1of the business. I was taught that. You take care of it. You don't give out all your trade secrets. But then again you look at somebody like Ric Flair and you can say how can you hide something when they look like that? So I guess I started to give in a little bit."

On the transition in WWF from wrestling to entertainment in the 1980s: "It depends on your personality. I protected it. To me that wasn't protecting it. As you can see right now, because they didn't protect it, where it is now, there's only two shows now. Look how many there was, there was one in every state, now look where it is."

On Vince using bigger guys like Warrior: "I thought it was the worst move they could've made. Vince did it on purpose. He did it so he could be the only one."

On Warrior: "He never paid his dues. You gotta pay your dues, go and learn your trade that'll make it better when you are on that big stage. It's called experience and nobody has any now, because there's nowhere to go to get it."

On giving the belt to smaller stars like Savage and Bret: "No. Absolutely not. It's like putting the belt on someone who wants to be a wrestler. It didn't work. It downgraded, made the belt worthless. When Terry Funk, Harley Race had world titles, it meant more."

On the rumor that Hogan wouldn't drop the belt to Bret in 1993: "I don't blame him. I wouldn't have either. Bret Hart was a nobody from Canada and Hogan was the greatest star in wrestling. I don't blame him. He did the right thing."

He also gave some quick fire thoughts on several wrestlers:

-Ultimate Warrior: "I gotta go to the bathroom………………..NEXT!"
    -Vince McMahon: "One of a kind."
    -Hulk Hogan: "Great."
    -Bret Hart: "I don't care much for Canadians."
    -Randy Savage: "OK."
    -Ric Flair: "A Joke."
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

I agree with him totally on Warrior, though I completely disagree with his stance on the Macho Man and Bret Hart. You don't have to be a big guy to competently carry the World Title.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

HD figures on youtube
    It don't shock me one bit. I never knew anything about his personality in til his hall of fame induction, and he just totally came off as an ass to me. He seems waaaay too conceded. And the Bret thing, it sounds to me like it's just because he's not American. Both times he mentioned him, he derogatorily followed it with Canada, like it helped his case or something.

Hart, Savage, and Flair had more talent then he EVER did, and he knows that.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Whatever, Orndorff was a jerk and barely relivant.

People really slam Warrior... sure he wasnt the best technical wrestler but damn that was his gimmick and he did it great. I wouldnt want to see him in a 60 minute iron man match, the point was come in, kill, leave. Damn these guys are so bitter twords him all because they didnt get on the box of WWF Cereal (yes it existed).
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I agree with his views on Warrior. His whole gimmick was stupid and he could never carry a match. Vince was smart putting him with guys who could carry him and lay out matches like Savage, DiBiase, and Rude. Why people still try to defend him is beyond me. He screwed over all the fans who supported him for years by no-showing those events, on 2 different runs with the WWE mind you, and then threatening to walk out on a PPV.

His views on Flair are pathetic. Their rivalry goes back to the 80's where Orndorff made a pass at Flair's wife. Years later in WCW, Flair called him out on his **** after an incident and it ended up costing Orndorff his job at the WCW Power Plant as a trainer. In one occurrence at a WCW Nitro event, Paul Wight AKA the Giant AKA the Big Show had to break them up. Orndorff ended up with a broken nose after Wight pushed him into a wall.

Mr.T was never liked in the WWF. Everyone except Hogan liked him. Piper really did hate him and a lot of their fights were shoots. Their WM2 match was a complete shoot after Piper got ****** off in the middle of the match and completely changed the ending when he threw his chair at him.

As far as his views on Hart and Savage, Terry Funk was no bigger than them so there goes that theory.

Brock is still part of WWE. When WWE signed him to his one year contract, he agreed to a certain number of dates. They're using Heyman as his "representative" to keep Brock from using up all his dates, Heyman is there to keep his name relavent.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    WOW!

Tonight's Raw kicked Major A!

Vince still has it.

Though I got to admit it wasn't cool to mock JR's condition.

also.............

Dustin Rhodes is seaking financial support for his indie movie.

http://www.indiegogo.com/thefirewitch

It was ok. I enjoyed seeing Vader. He'd be a 5-time WWE/World Champion if he were in his prime in the WWE today.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    So Kofi is now sporting Skeletor trunks; Filmation to boot!!! Goes well with his Battlecat ones!!!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar

WWE WrestleMania 30

For me, it was one of the best WrestleManias of all time. I've been so disappointed by wrestling and WrestleMania for much of the last decade. It was the one PPV a year I'd get, hoping it could reel me back in. I'm back in now, thanks to the last few months, and last night particularly. Daniel Bryan finally got his due. The Undertaker loss was shocking, but it's sort of a refreshing change. The Shield and Antonio Cesaro got pushed. I feel rewarded for having to put up with so many mediocre years.

I've been a wrestling fan (WWF) since 1990. I pretty much gave up watching it full-time in the early 2000's. I've come back every now and again, and have been a fair weather wrestling fan. The reason I was turned off - I'm simply not a John Cena fan nor a fan of his spotlight, and I felt last night's WrestleMania was the start of a new era for wrestling.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
    WM30_Photo_379.jpg
    Last edited by The All American; April 7, 2014 at 07:54pm.
    Support Crystal Moonbeam in MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nbeam-in-MOTUC!

It is interesting that the battle royal actually had 31 participants, but WWE's website still says 30.

Heroic Warrior

new player in town

jeff Jarrett's no promotion

http://globalforcewrestling.com/