Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Catch All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Having Cena win this match doesn't really do anything for him or WWE. He doesn't need to be elevated. Even without the strap, he was the Main Event. Winning and "getting the torch passed" just elevates him further. On the other hand, losing that match opens up a whole new batch of options. Losing streak? That would make him a more sympathetic figure, and could serve to get his skeptics behind him again. Heel turn? I know I got goosebumps when he came out in the Cavs jersey with the chain. I know that guy won't be back, but Cena could be phenomenal as an unstoppable monster heel. Even if neither comes to pass, wrestling is just more interesting when you don't know 100% of the time that a guy isn't going to lose clean.
    I don't see how this does anything for The Rock, either. He's doesn't really wrestle any more. He just does these special appearances. Unless this pushes Cena to change his attitude or give him a heel turn, then there was really no point in him losing.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I don't see how this does anything for The Rock, either. He's doesn't really wrestle any more. He just does these special appearances. Unless this pushes Cena to change his attitude or give him a heel turn, then there was really no point in him losing.
    I think it gives Cena the option to do that, Rock was so over he did not need to win or lose. He just needed to show up and he did that. They plugged GI Joe 2 a bunch of times so he comes out this shining

If Vince does not at least push Cena to a darker side they are completely missing out and they might as well just tell the audience he will never be heel and the a super face the rest of his life. Everyone turns heel at one time, or at the very least neutral. This horsecrap that he is a super face is not going to play well in 2012, it played well in the 80's but that is a completely different generation of fan who embraced that.

If he turned a tiny bit heel he would be so over and I think he would feel more comfortable, there is not a lot of heels left in the WWE that can take on a super face.

Either that or Brock needs to come back and play the super heel

EDIT: And RAW is proving my point. Let Rock win the belt over the next year, have Cena go neutral or self loathing then come back around while Rock gets arrogant. Cena beats Rock at a major PPV or the next WM and instant redemption and revenge.

Perfect example of why the loss was the best thing for Cena, infinitely more interesting then Cena going into the night having nobody that can beat him
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Cena could always go to TNA!!! I thought Brock Lesnar was going to be a part of Wrestlemania now that he has signed, but I guess RAW will be a wait and see.
    wait...WHAT?

I think Cena could make a great heel. It worked for Hogan.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

The Rock at Wrestkemania 28!

Miami welcomes The Rock to Wrestlemania 28 in Miami!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Merged this with the existing Wrestlemania thread.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Cena gets killed again! Sorry but anyone over the age of 12 should not be a fan of his..He got pushed by Vince McMahon to be the next thing instead of the fans choosing like they always have..
    Last edited by Megalodon; April 3, 2012 at 03:15pm.

Man when Cena teased the crowd that he was going to turn heel they were SOOOOOOO into it and then he did not

There is so much money to be made with a heel Cena, and its all being left on the table.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Man when Cena teased the crowd that he was going to turn heel they were SOOOOOOO into it and then he did not

There is so much money to be made with a heel Cena, and its all being left on the table.
    But in Vince's eyes he going to lose alot of money for the kids buying his stuff and all of the Make A Wish Foundation people seeing a bad guy would not look good especially to the kids that believe in him
    Last edited by Megalodon; April 3, 2012 at 04:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    But in Vince's eyes he going to lose alot of money for the kids buying his stuff and all of the Make A Wish Foundation people seeing a bda guy would not look good especially to the kids that believe in him
    Yeah I know, that is the problem he created aiming at a PG audience. Its a shame too because Hogan, Austin, The Rock, HHH, HBK all took it to another level playing heel

Cena as a 100% bonfide never goes bad face is just ridiculous, he is like a cartoon character stuck in a time warp.

And I am a Cena fan, its just a shame because he could be so much more

I just had to lol because I knew he watched last night and these points were made crystal clear with how hot the crowd was for the glimpses of attitude era they were getting from The Rock and from Jericho, etc

HD figures on youtube
    I marked OUT for Brock! When he did is little trademark dance/hop at the top of the ramp before coming down, my buddy & I just instinctfully gave each other a high five.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    I marked OUT for Brock! When he did is little trademark dance/hop at the top of the ramp before coming down, my buddy & I just instinctfully gave each other a high five.
    Brock Lesnar sucks. Never liked him. I hope the Big Show punches his lights out in the near future. I would also like to see him go against Mark Henry. I actually felt bad for Cena when he got booed and then Lesnar dropped the F5 on him. And for the record, Cena used to be a heel when he was doing the whole "thug rapper" angle.
    My post count just got bigger.

HD figures on youtube
    Brock Lesnar sucks. Never liked him. I hope the Big Show punches his lights out in the near future. I would also like to see him go against Mark Henry. I actually felt bad for Cena when he got booed and then Lesnar dropped the F5 on him. And for the record, Cena used to be a heel when he was doing the whole "thug rapper" angle.
    I was always a big fan of his, so last night was big for me. I will say though, it does kinda feel like Cena walked under a ladder or something, he's NOT having a good week!

Yeah but Cena sucked then compared to where he is now
    Last edited by markatisu; April 3, 2012 at 06:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When you guys say Cena sucks, what exactly are you referring to? Cause, if we are talking about being a pro wrestler, Brock sucks a lot more than Cena. For starters Brock's mic skills are terrible and so are his promos. He also looks kind of rough to wrestle against. I wouldn't feel safe working with him in the ring. A big part of wrestling is protecting your "opponent" and making sure neither of you gets hurt.

And though I don't care for Cena's current character, I must say he has the look, the mic skills, and the ring skills needed to be a superstar in wrestling today.
    Last edited by mrguardia; April 3, 2012 at 07:22pm.

Cena cannot relate to the other wrestlers, this is by design though. If Cena were allowed to let loose you would see him move into a whole different tier of wrestling where only HHH, HBK and Taker reside.

Cena is being held back by Vince for the kids, he is a locker room leader and everyone loves him. The problem is in the dramatic story world the WWE resides that pales when all your opponents are more interesting and your only draw is you are the "good guy".

As for the assumption Brock would be dangerous to work with, Brock will take care of you, he is professionally trained unlike say Goldberg who did injure other wrestlers. Brock is also a former NCAA Wrestling Champion as well as a UFC Champion which unlike WWE is not pre-planned, that alone deserves automatic respect. His mic skills lack but he does not need them, his appeal is brute strength and fear not mic skills.

Andre the Giant had no mic skills, Goldberg had no mic skills, they were not needed to get the point across. Brock previously also had Paul Heyman who is hands down one of the best writers and mic people in the wrestling industry doing the talking.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I am a Brock fan. I'm interested in seeing his response on why he came back to wrestling after leaving the UFC. I think his battle with diverticulitis was his downfall there, so how do you say "oh this isn't as bad as getting kicked in the stomach" and still come off as a bad ass.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I am a Brock fan. I'm interested in seeing his response on why he came back to wrestling after leaving the UFC. I think his battle with diverticulitis was his downfall there, so how do you say "oh this isn't as bad as getting kicked in the stomach" and still come off as a bad ass.
    Yeah I mean he can't be honest and say UFC was too dangerous and so I am here to get my big check to do next to nothing

The upside for him is that wrestlers know where to hit to avoid injury so he can still be a supreme bad ass (as was evident with the F5 he hit on Cena) without the risk.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    I am happy The Rock got the win but now that Ive been thinking about it, why didnt he pass the torch to Cena the same way Hogan passed the torch to him in 2002?
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Cena could always go to TNA!!!
    Wouldn't that be nice. Fat chance
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by mrguardia View Post
    When you guys say Cena sucks, what exactly are you referring to? Cause, if we are talking about being a pro wrestler, Brock sucks a lot more than Cena. For starters Brock's mic skills are terrible and so are his promos. He also looks kind of rough to wrestle against. I wouldn't feel safe working with him in the ring. A big part of wrestling is protecting your "opponent" and making sure neither of you gets hurt.

And though I don't care for Cena's current character, I must say he has the look, the mic skills, and the ring skills needed to be a superstar in wrestling today.
    I just feel his character has gotten stale, to the point where I no longer care whether he wins or loses. Cena is also terrible at sellng a beating. When CM Punk wrestled Mark Henry on Monday you could tell he'd been through a battle with Jericho the night before. I've seen Cena take a ton of punishment at PPV's and then the next night on Raw he's grinning like nothing had happened.

Maybe I'm the only one. But I was more excited over the return of Albert, aka A-Train nka Lord Tensai.
    And they actually gave a smark origin story for him as he came to ringside they said "He's a former WWE
    super star who went to Japan, and now he's come back more hardened than ever." or something to that
    effect. So new people go "ooooooh" and long time fans don't go "WTH? It's just Albert with a shredder mask!"
    And he squashed Alex Riley, AND they gave him Kurrgan's finisher.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one. But I was more excited over the return of Albert, aka A-Train nka Lord Tensai.
    And they actually gave a smark origin story for him as he came to ringside they said "He's a former WWE
    super star who went to Japan, and now he's come back more hardened than ever." or something to that
    effect. So new people go "ooooooh" and long time fans don't go "WTH? It's just Albert with a shredder mask!"
    I thought it was really cool that they gave his "back story," but I'm not too hot on him. I don't see much coming from him.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Im not big on Albert's new gimmick either
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior
    I went to Wrestlereunion , sadly I got so nervous so I couldn't ask Jake the Snake for his auto (he was in a good mood though , smiling and cracking jokes "he's grabbing my a**" when he was taking pix)

I also saw Diesel , Hammer , Iron Sheik (looked tired , I don't think he has many yrs left honestly) , Vader (in mask) , The Genious (I think he was there) , Luger......this impressed me as I never see celebs , peeps who see em all the time will never understand moments like this.

*WM III silver anniversary*
    *WM VIII 20th anniversary*
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; April 5, 2012 at 07:29am.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    I am happy The Rock got the win but now that Ive been thinking about it, why didnt he pass the torch to Cena the same way Hogan passed the torch to him in 2002?
    How do you pass the Torch to a 10 time WWE Champion who is the face of the company and has defeated everyone there is (except Rock)???

It was not a Hogan v Ultimate Warrior or a Hogan vs Rock situation.

Also does nobody remember HBK vs Cena at WM 23, is HBK crap now and that was not passing the torch? HBK is a Hall of Famer for christs sake and Cena beat him clean via submission in the main event

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I just feel his character has gotten stale, to the point where I no longer care whether he wins or loses. Cena is also terrible at sellng a beating. When CM Punk wrestled Mark Henry on Monday you could tell he'd been through a battle with Jericho the night before. I've seen Cena take a ton of punishment at PPV's and then the next night on Raw he's grinning like nothing had happened.
    This 1000000x over, Cena no sells everything even the angles. I get that he is genuinely a happy guy but lord for the sake of the product you can sell when someone hits you with their finisher or gives you a move that is supposed to whip your ass.

Look at Hogan, EVERYONE knew that man was going to win 98% of the matches he had from 1984-1991 but that did not stop him from selling everything for the sake of the match.

Though at least Cena sold the F5 from Brock, I half expected to see him lying there on the ground with a giant smirk on his face
    Last edited by markatisu; April 5, 2012 at 08:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost