Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Catch All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    It's a work. his "indefinite suspension" falls right in line with Fozzy's summer tour.
    If it's a work, it's a pretty good one. I honestly don't think it is. Most of the dirt sheets would have reported it as being a work by now.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vaderSW1 View Post
    Has anyone seen the news story about Chris Jericho being suspended indefinitely? Apparently, he denegrated the Brazilian flag at a show recently. The WWE apologized to the fans and to the the Brazilian government over it. I was pretty shocked when I saw that. I'm a fan of Chris and even despite the fact he is and always has been a great heel, I never saw something like this coming for him.
    Funny, how many times did Shawn Michaels do that to the Canadian flag, often very graphically, and nothing was ever done to him? I realize that was at the beginning of the Attitude Era and this is the Sanitized Era but still, it's nothing new.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wow View Post
    Funny, how many times did Shawn Michaels do that to the Canadian flag, often very graphically, and nothing was ever done to him? I realize that was at the beginning of the Attitude Era and this is the Sanitized Era but still, it's nothing new.
    Yeah, I remember Shawn doing that too and it was certainly done in poor taste. I always wondered why he never got in trouble for that. However, the Brazilians I guess have a law against desecrating or, in this case, denigrating the Brazilian flag. According to the report I read that someone from the crowd threw a Brazilian flag into the ring while Jericho and CM Punk were having a match. Jericho kicked the flag in disgust, playing up his role as a heel. From what I read, the Brazilian police immediately came to the ring and stopped the match. They demanded that Jericho apologize for kicking the flag or he would go to jail. I guess Jericho got choked up and apologized. He then finished the match with Punk. From there I guess Vince made a public apology on behalf of the WWE and then suspended Jericho for his actions. Had this happened in the late 90s or before, I don't think Jericho would have gotten suspended.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I was watching UFC last night with some family members and we were talking about Brock. Is he still doing the WWE or did he really quit? I'm assuming it is just part of a story line to keep his show time to a minimum. I saw Paul Heyman's interview about being his legal rep saying he quit.....so??
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Brock is still part of WWE. When WWE signed him to his one year contract, he agreed to a certain number of dates. They're using Heyman as his "representative" to keep Brock from using up all his dates, Heyman is there to keep his name relavent.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    WOW!

Tonight's Raw kicked Major A!

Vince still has it.

Though I got to admit it wasn't cool to mock JR's condition.

also.............

Dustin Rhodes is seaking financial support for his indie movie.

http://www.indiegogo.com/thefirewitch

It was ok. I enjoyed seeing Vader. He'd be a 5-time WWE/World Champion if he were in his prime in the WWE today.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    So Kofi is now sporting Skeletor trunks; Filmation to boot!!! Goes well with his Battlecat ones!!!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Tonight RAW hits it's 1,000 episode and goes to a three hour show. Yay!
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Tonight RAW hits it's 1,000 episode and goes to a three hour show. Yay!
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

breathe

the hand is all grown up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

breathe

the hand is all grown up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    lol yeah that was wrong on so many levels.

Snappy Threader
    That had to be the Best RAW I ahve ever seen. Just missed Stone Cold, hope he heals up soon and comes and makes a few appearances. Stephanie slapping Heyman to the ground was cool, and JBL giving the clothesline to Slater after a twist of fate from Lita was super cool. I'm watching Smackdown now, and it pales when compared to Raw as usual. I sure hope Christian is back in the Heavyweight title hunt now that he lost his Intercontinental Championship to the Miz. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wow View Post
    I know this reply is late, but actually, it has nothing to do with the attitude era, it has to do with local laws. Canada. much like the US, protects desecration of the country's flag under Free Speech laws. Brazil has no such law, and desecrating the flag is a serious crime there. The police would have arrested Jericho and removed him from the premises if he hadn't apologized. He's lucky they let him go with the apology and with the realization that it was all a big misunderstanding.
    BergerKing's opinions and the opinions expressed in the above post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of He-Man.org, Mattel, Coca-Cola, the Catholic Church or the NFL
    I have a feedback thread! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-thread

Evil Master of Warcraft
    So.... I pulled up and watched some stuff on Netflix. One of them was about Hulk Hogan. I don't remember exactly, but it followed him from his start to career highlight. I noticed something odd in the interview with Mean Gene after he won the Heavyweight Championship off of the Sheik. I paused and took a pic. They added "WWE" and made it look vintage. I pulled up the original footage on youtube and took a screenshot.

Netflix
    Photo Dec 30, 11 43 44 AM.jpg

Vintage
    hulk vintage.jpg

Seems very odd to me that they would do that.

@GeologyMule ~ Short read at this link might help to explain:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/8/...h-a-settlement
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post

I never understood or liked that situation and decision. And I STILL call it WWF!!!
    My post count just got bigger.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post

I knew about that. What is perplexing is that it didn't say "WWF Heavyweight Champion" it just said "Heavyweight Champion". They added the WWE for no reason?

I knew about that. What is perplexing is that it didn't say "WWF Heavyweight Champion" it just said "Heavyweight Champion". They added the WWE for no reason?
    If memory serves me correctly it might have something to do with the fact that at the time WWF considered their Heavyweight Champion to also be a world champion. Now, the funny thing about that was in 1984 in the wrestling world there were only 2 world champions, the NWA and the AWA. WWF was still just considered a territory and therefore there champion was not a world champion. But, in the next year or so, while the Incredible Hulk Hogan was champ WWF expanded, had Wrestlemania and was considered a world champion. I think from 1984 to 1987 the WWF's expansion was so great that it crippled a lot of territories by taking their top talent leaving a lot of territories to try and merge with each other with promotions like UWF being the result. It's funny that years later the original territory that WWF started in became ECW.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    I never understood or liked that situation and decision. And I STILL call it WWF!!!
    Yeah me too, i still refer to it as WWF. It's what i grew up with and it's basically stuck that way in my mind. Stopped short of calling it WWWF though... LoL.

Oh ok, fair enough. I'm not sure why it's like that though Piccolo's explanation sounds reasonable. Other than that, it might a copyright/legal thing pertaining to the belt in this day and age?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I've personally always the whole WWF acronym war with the World Wildlife Fund was pretty childish.

Regarding the Hogan screen pics, if memory serves me right, the original did say WWF Heavyweight Champion. When WWE Classics on Demand edited the footage, they stretched "Heavyweight" to cover the "WWF" part as seen in GeologyMule's "Vintage" example. When the footage was edited for the Hulk Hogan Ultimate Anthology (Netflix example), instead of stretching "Heavyweight", they used WWE instead. I've even watched different versions of this exact clip (the post-match interview after Hogan won the championship from the Iron Sheik) where when Hogan said WWF one version would have the "F" muted and another version actually had Hogan saying "WWE" as an edit.
    "... but don't mind me. I'm just a Stoopid Head."

"There is magic in forgiveness, the magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, but more so, in forgiveness you receive."
    -- From "Temple of the Winds", Terry Goodkind

My .org Trader Feedback Thread

Evil Master of Warcraft
    ahhhhhhhh that would make sense. I just assumed I was watching a vintage sample on YouTube.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    So I watched the Royal Rumble last night. That was fun.

That got me thinking. I wonder how they decide when they come out, how long they stay in there, who throws who out.

It would be sort of fun if they actually did a drawing and had to improvise. Anyone have any info?

Heroic Warrior
    So I watched the Royal Rumble last night. That was fun.

That got me thinking. I wonder how they decide when they come out, how long they stay in there, who throws who out.

It would be sort of fun if they actually did a drawing and had to improvise. Anyone have any info?

I have NOT heard or anything but I am curious to.

I got to think some of it is improvised. Some not. For example:Wade Barett and Shaemus have been clubberin' away at each other lately in their match up and so it makes sense they keep it up in the rumble.

Goldust has been pushing and still is pushing for a match with with his real life brother Cody Rhodes and they got to mix it up in the rumble.

As for Kane and Daniel Bryan what happened in the Rumble is just a continuation of their gimmick/angle.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    My brother made a comment like "I'd hate to wrestle in those leather pants" and I said "I'd hate to wrestle wearing Goldust 's outfit". I had no clue he would be there. He was the next person to come out