Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Catch All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    So I watched the Royal Rumble last night. That was fun.

That got me thinking. I wonder how they decide when they come out, how long they stay in there, who throws who out.

It would be sort of fun if they actually did a drawing and had to improvise. Anyone have any info?
    I used to do commentary for a very small local group. At the end of every weeks show, the had a battle royal to see who would get a title shot next week. The only thing they ever said was the last 2 & how 1 got eliminated.

The match was open to anyone on the roster, wrestles, managers, valets, refs... & yes commentators. Sadly ol' Kenny Shappiro never won, but it was fun, crazy & very confusing. I was in one once where NO ONE knew who was going to win. Everyone was getting into grapples and saying "Are you gonna win?" After that, I decided to stay behind my mic. I'm sure WWE has it planned to the second. I almost bet they tell the next guy in a few things backstage, & it becomes a spead the word type deal in the ring.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Looks like Brock has really slimmed down the past year or so after leaving UFC. Definitely can tell he hasn't been working out as hard.

Side note, I thought it was cool to have JBL, the King, and Cole as announcers, but by the end of the show it was obvious they don't click well together.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I have NOT heard or anything but I am curious to.

I got to think some of it is improvised. Some not.
    Most of the big eliminations and spots are certainly rehearsed/prearranged. The part where Kofi used the chair as a pogo stick, all the stuff Santino did, Daniel Bryan's elimination, etc, A lot of what goes on in the ring has to be improvised though. No wrestler could ever fully prepare for a chaotic match like that.

If you listen closely you sometimes hear wrestlers call for a move or a sequence during a match. For instance, near the end of the 2004 Rumble, Big Show can clearly be heard giving instructions to Cena & RVD.

Heroic Warrior
    Looks like Brock has really slimmed down the past year or so after leaving UFC. Definitely can tell he hasn't been working out as hard.

Side note, I thought it was cool to have JBL, the King, and Cole as announcers, but by the end of the show it was obvious they don't click well together.

With JBL coming back it took him 2/3 weeks to get his color commentary legs back. But now that he's got his "legs" back he's on a roll. They was meshing ok but it's becoming a bash fest. Part of the problem is you have 3 people trying to talk at the same time. Personally I'm not a fan of three people at the announce table. or even other active wrestlers.

I'm not a fan of crock err Brock Lesner. That F5 has to be the sloppiest move ever. EVER.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I like Brock. I wish he would have stuck to MMA, but I know medically he just couldn't handle it.

I went back and watched the 1989 Royal Rumble. Make a long story short, it was the first Royal Rumble PPV, and my brother recorded it for me. It is very nostalgiac to me and my favorite Rumble. With that said, I really miss the mashup of Jesse Ventura and Gorilla Monsoon. I liked JR and the King. I've never been a big fan of Michael Cole. Didn't care for Taz or Booker T. either. I really miss Gordon Sulley.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

i don't watch pro wrestling, but i thought this might be of interest to some of you.. my acquaintance todd pettengil announced on air the other day that he recorded some DVD stuff for the WWE that should be out in april for fans of the programs announcers. Just an FYI.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I went back and watched the 1989 Royal Rumble. Make a long story short, it was the first Royal Rumble PPV, and my brother recorded it for me. It is very nostalgiac to me and my favorite Rumble. With that said, I really miss the mashup of Jesse Ventura and Gorilla Monsoon. I liked JR and the King. I've never been a big fan of Michael Cole. Didn't care for Taz or Booker T. either. I really miss Gordon Sulley.
    I enjoyed the old school announce teams, today's announcers are ok and i don't mind them. Now that i recall, Jesse and Vince were good as well ~ not to mention Gorilla and Bobby Heenan too!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I wish they would pair up some better heel/face matchups; Big Show/Alberto del Rio is getting old as well as CM Punk/Rock. The Shield angle has been done to death as well. I wanna see Big Show against Ryback or maybe even Big E!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody watch TNA? How 'bout them Aces & Eights???
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    I wish they would pair up some better heel/face matchups; Big Show/Alberto del Rio is getting old as well as CM Punk/Rock. The Shield angle has been done to death as well. I wanna see Big Show against Ryback or maybe even Big E!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody watch TNA? How 'bout them Aces & Eights???
    Just started TNA since Thanksgiving. At a casual glance,feel like half the roster is Aces & Eights. I am enjoying the heel announcing from Taz.

Despite the background story (politics) to it all in the past, anyone else (besides me) enjoy the fact we'll see Bruno Sammartino entering the WWE HoF this year?

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Despite the background story (politics) to it all in the past, anyone else (besides me) enjoy the fact we'll see Bruno Sammartino entering the WWE HoF this year?
    I'm absolutely ecstatic. It's great seeing one of the all time greats get his dues so many years later.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I'm absolutely ecstatic. It's great seeing one of the all time greats get his dues so many years later.
    It sure is, i hope that it doesn't get messy down the track like it kinda has with Superstar Billy Graham...

I found an interesting video on another site (damn it, still not sure how to link vids here without getting a warning LoL) and it basically starts off by DDP mentioning that he received a text message from Sean Waltman (aka Syxx, 1,2,3, Kid) and how he'd like for DDP to call Scott Hall to see if DDP can help him with his alcohol/drug(?) issues. Jake Roberts is also in the video (Jake was into his alcohol/drugs for sometime too but somehow DDP was able to help him address his issues. According to Jake himself, he's been clean for 60 days!).

DDP proceeds to call Scott Hall and the three of them have a 7 minute or so conversation. Not sure about the outcome as there's a "...to be continued" at the end of the video. Hope there's a positive outcome to all this!

EDIT...

Scott Hall joins up with DDP & Jake in Atlanta. Hope for Scott and his families sake he can overcome his issues!

BDbzFwkCcAAlKem.jpg
    Last edited by MrRoboto; February 20, 2013 at 08:15am.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    It sure is, i hope that it doesn't get messy down the track like it kinda has with Superstar Billy Graham...

I found an interesting video on another site (damn it, still not sure how to link vids here without getting a warning LoL) and it basically starts off by DDP mentioning that he received a text message from Sean Waltman (aka Syxx, 1,2,3, Kid) and how he'd like for DDP to call Scott Hall to see if DDP can help him with his alcohol/drug(?) issues. Jake Roberts is also in the video (Jake was into his alcohol/drugs for sometime too but somehow DDP was able to help him address his issues. According to Jake himself, he's been clean for 60 days!).

DDP proceeds to call Scott Hall and the three of them have a 7 minute or so conversation. Not sure about the outcome as there's a "...to be continued" at the end of the video. Hope there's a positive outcome to all this!

EDIT...

Scott Hall joins up with DDP & Jake in Atlanta. Hope for Scott and his families sake he can overcome his issues!

BDbzFwkCcAAlKem.jpg
    I agree about Billy Graham. Been reading on his fued with Jericho as well.

BTW Great avatar, MrRoboto.

I just have to vent.

I like the Shield. I like the guys. I like how they've been used.

I HATE the way WWE handles video when they're in the ring. Odd camera angles, weird camera switching, and the horrid zooming in/out when The Shield is in control. Why? Cut it out!

Ok, I'm done.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    replay or other wise when was you watching their match? Monday Night raw or Saturday Morning Slam?

If it's Saturday I'm guessing they are doing that so no harsh/violant moves are shown to the kiddies.

If it's Monday. I chalk it up to shotty camera work.

replay or other wise when was you watching their match? Monday Night raw or Saturday Morning Slam?

If it's Saturday I'm guessing they are doing that so no harsh/violant moves are shown to the kiddies.

If it's Monday. I chalk it up to shotty camera work.
    Nah, they're doing it on purpose. They'll zoom in and out rapidly showing The Shield beating whoever. It's on Raw, and during the regular match, not a replay or anything.

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I like how the Shield isn't getting jobbed out to Cena like the Nexus...yet.

Heroic Warrior

May 1st , 2003
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I just have to vent.

I like the Shield. I like the guys. I like how they've been used.

I HATE the way WWE handles video when they're in the ring. Odd camera angles, weird camera switching, and the horrid zooming in/out when The Shield is in control. Why? Cut it out!

Ok, I'm done.
    If the one with the half blonde/half black hair would pick a color he would be more intimidating

I went to Smackdown a few weeks ago. I paused the DVR and took a few pics. I'm wearing my vintage hogan bandana. Brother is beside me, small kid with sign is my nephew.

smackdown1.jpgsmackdown2.jpgsmackdown3.jpg

Also, my nephew is really getting into pro-wrestling. Me being a ginger I somewhat resemble Sheamus so I dressed up as him and ambushed him. Best uncle ever....other than the fact I didn't let him win.

Heroic Warrior
    2nd anniversary Macho Man

Been to WM 25 , 26 , 27 & 28......fantastic atmosphere although the events themselves could need improvement (excluding Takers matches which imo always deliver)

I even like Taker vs Gonsalez WMIX , not due to the wrestling but due to the epic atmosphere......you really feared for Taker in that match , this was the 1st time he'd met someone who could put him away.

200 yrs since birth of composer Richard Wagner , wonder if Daniel Bryan is celebrating it lol ?
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; May 31, 2013 at 05:02pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    i'll get this thread going again by saying wwe Monday night raw is being taped here in Des Moines Iowa at the Wells Fargo Arena.

I am in the 5th row behind the announce table.

I'll be at one of the ends of the row. Not sure which end as I don't know how the seats will be numbered.

The ticket says 6:30 pm. Now I don't know if there will be a dark match or taping for superstars or even both.

Going with a buddy. Don't know if I'll end up on t.v. but it will be fun.

i'll get this thread going again by saying wwe Monday night raw is being taped here in Des Moines Iowa at the Wells Fargo Arena.

I am in the 5th row behind the announce table.

I'll be at one of the ends of the row. Not sure which end as I don't know how the seats will be numbered.

The ticket says 6:30 pm. Now I don't know if there will be a dark match or taping for superstars or even both.

Going with a buddy. Don't know if I'll end up on t.v. but it will be fun.
    Markatisu will be there too!

I went to a Miz autograph signing today. He was pretty cool in person.

We decided to go last minute, got some cheap $17 tickets which turned out to be incredibly awesome (we were near the side of the Titantron so we could not see what was on it but they had a big HD screen over the ring in the ceiling that showed everything the Titantron did so we did not miss anything )

We were in the 2nd floor with nobody in front of us to block us with signs

It was my first WWE event in a few years, writing and stories are still horrific with no thought for the long haul and an emphasis to bury the hell out of anyone who works hard. But it was a fun experience and the fans were into it HARD which is always nice to see that kind of reception.

My problems with WWE still remain, a talented roster that gets crapped on routinely in order to put people over who don't need to be over (Orton, HHH, etc).

The Big Show storyline is just ridiculous and borders on nonsense, I get that they want him to be crushed having to do things he does not want and then ultimately he will say NO and rebel but its so overplayed its annoying.

And Daniel Bryan apparently is supposed to just get squashed every night with no help from the back in order to prove he can beat Randy Orton and make it as the top guy?!?! I don't see how burying someone who you brought up as the perpetual underdog makes them stronger. The ending to the show tonight would have made more sense if Bryan had come in and caused Orton to lose to Rhodes in a non title match and strengthen both Bryan and Rhodes while allowing Orton/HHH/Shield to do what they did later.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I think Bryan will eventually win the title back, but it probably won't be at Night of Champions. Stephanie McMahon saying Big Show was a mentor to her when she was a child made no sense. I also hate Big Show crying and his whole storyline. Was the show a sellout? It looked like part of the top may have been blacked out in areas. Plus, they didn't really show the one side much.