Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Official Catch All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think Bryan will eventually win the title back, but it probably won't be at Night of Champions. Stephanie McMahon saying Big Show was a mentor to her when she was a child made no sense. I also hate Big Show crying and his whole storyline. Was the show a sellout? It looked like part of the top may have been blacked out in areas. Plus, they didn't really show the one side much.
    It was close, the only area that did not have a full area was the middle section across from the ring on the right side, but the 200 and 300 levels were all sold and most of 100 level was sold. The cheap seats I was in were all sold of course

I don't think I have ever been to a fully sold out Monday Night Raw (Been to 4 so far) as they always tend to black out the top levels and at least one end of the arena for TV staging.

But yeah I had to cringe at Stephanie's dialogue, its like the writers cannot do math. She was already an adult when Big Show started wrestling in WCW and they both started in the WWE at the same time as active personas (1999) so even from a wrestling student aspect its nonsense.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The "New Corporation" storyline just started. While I admit the Big Show thing was a little overplayed, I can see what they are doing in building the storyline. DB is the established centerpiece (against-all-odds never-give-up underdog), and they are putting the pieces of the face team in place. Big Show. Miz. Ziggler. and now Cody.

While a little heavy-handed, they are doing what has been ignored over the last several years: giving us a heel faction that continues to get over, which will make it all the sweeter when they get their come-uppance. WWE has fallen into the trap of trying to pay off storylines too quickly without letting them play out organically.

While I am getting tired of seeing Bryan get brutalized week in and week out, I can see the opposition starting to grow very soon. The day that Show turns and puts out HHH's lights, or when Cody comes back and costs Orton a big match, or when Ziggler gets over on the shield is going to be all that much sweeter when it happens after seeing what we have over the last few weeks.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

That also has to be one of the worst ironclad contracts in history.

Heroic Warrior
    What I think will happen is cena will be the only one to "save" the wwe universe from hhh/rko/the shield.

cena said 6-8 months of rehab but I think he'll be back in 5 months (announcers will say fast healer). Which is in time for the 2014 rumble. cena will win the rumble.

Do I think Daniel will win the title from rko at any point? No. I think RKO will hold on to it and lose it to cena. I guess I'm calling Mania 2014 of cena vs RKO.

As for Steph she's acting as Mr. McMahon for the women. which is fine. the women's division needs something.

In my opinion steph has no personality. she's dry. she get's it from her mom, Linda. Who is 1,000k times drier.

On a side I'm ok with HHH an RKO each being bad guys.

I don't think it will last until Rumble. I'm seeing a "Classic" 5-on-5 Survivor Series match.

Orton/Shield/Barrett vs DB/Show/Miz/Cody/Ziggler.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    I don't think it will last until Rumble. I'm seeing a "Classic" 5-on-5 Survivor Series match.

Orton/Shield/Barrett vs DB/Show/Miz/Cody/Ziggler.

Good call. I like it.

With Survivor Series around the corner, thought i'd take a trip down memory lane and watch some of the classic traditional elimination Survivor Series matches and share some of those matches line-ups here. I like each of these matches for a combination of different reasons. The 90's SS PPV's I didn't enjoy too much at all, probably because I preferred WCW at the time but the WWF seemed lacklustre around that period of time. But of course things changed by the tail end of the decade which is another story...

Anyway, here's the pick of the bunch that I enjoyed:

* Survivor Series '87:

André the Giant, One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, Butch Reed, & Rick Rude vs Hulk Hogan, Paul Orndorff, Don Muraco, Ken Patera & Bam Bam Bigelow.

The Fabulous Moolah, Rockin' Robin, Velvet McIntyre & the Jumping Bomb Angels vs Sensational Sherri, The Glamour Girls (Leilani Kai and Judy Martin), Donna Christanello & Dawn Marie.

* Survivor Series '88:

Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Hercules, Koko B. Ware, & Hillbilly Jim (with Miss Elizabeth) vs Akeem, The Big Boss Man, Ted DiBiase, Haku & The Red Rooster.

The Powers of Pain (The Warlord & The Barbarian), The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty), The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid), The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart) & The Young Stallions (Jim Powers & Paul Roma) vs Demolition (Ax & Smash), The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard), The Bolsheviks (Nikolai Volkoff & Boris Zhukov), The Fabulous Rougeaus (Raymond & Jacques) & The Conquistadors (Uno & Dos).

* Survivor Series '01:

The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane & The Big Show vs Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, Booker T & Shane McMahon.

* Survivor Series '03:

Chris Jericho, Christian, Randy Orton, Scott Steiner & Mark Henry vs Shawn Michaels, Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley.

* Survivor Series '05:

Batista, Rey Mysterio, John "Bradshaw" Layfield, Bobby Lashley & Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels, Kane, The Big Show, Carlito & Chris Masters.

* Survivor Series '08:

Randy Orton, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal, Cody Rhodes & Mark Henry vs Batista, CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Matt Hardy, and R-Truth.

...As for this years Survivor Series, hopefully they can pull off an entertaining traditional Survivor Series match. I'm thinking they'll base it around the main story-line currently going on. If it were up to me, i'd have these guys fight it out:

The Authority:
    Triple H, Randy Orton & The Shield (Roman Reigns, Darren Ambrose & Seth Rollins)

vs

Team Yes!:
    Daniel Bryan, Cm Punk, Big Show, The Miz & Dolph Ziggler
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior

Yahoo articles

For about 2 months(ish) there has been commentary articles by Patrick Michael. I find his articles a bit out there. They come out about every 2/3 days.

Now there appears to be a second contributor Matt Durr.

Here is Matt's latest article http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wwe-mic...0997--spt.html

Here is Patrick's latest article http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rewriti...0736--spt.html

Heroic Warrior
    March 14th , 10 yrs ago : Taker vs Kane , WM XX.....underrated (I find Hogan vs UW WM VI underrated as well)

April 2nd , 25 yrs ago : Hogan vs Macho
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    Watching WrestleMania XXX on the network at the moment.

Gotta say Mania is bairly worth $9.99 American dollars let alone $50 plus American dollars.

The Daniel Bryan/HHH authority thing is getting old and is running its course. I thought it would have been pretty much resolved tonight, but no...

The match with the New Age Outlaws and Kane vs. the Shield wasn't even a match!!! The Bray Wyatt intro with the live band is pretty awesome!!!
    My post count just got bigger.

Heroic Warrior
    WOW!

blah blah blah

I've never heard a TV crowd, much less a Wrestlemania crowd as silent as this one after Taker's loss.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

The 'Taker's streak ended?

It's all Scott Neitlich's fault. Somehow.

Heroic Warrior
    Fault? No.

Solution? Yes.

The Mighty Spector can go back in time and correct things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    The 'Taker's streak ended?

It's all Scott Neitlich's fault. Somehow.

I don't care for Undertaker's streak ending. I thought he should have retired with it intact. I would have been fine with it ending years ago to a young star, but it seems wasted a part-timer. I guess they felt they had to build Lesnar back up after losing to Cena and particularly Triple H since he returned. Undertaker has been ok with the streak ending for years from rumors I've heard, but only someone like Lesnar would actually be cool with it. I wonder if that was Taker's last match. It wasn't very good.

That PPV was pathetic. Thank god I didn't pay for it. Once again WM will go down again as one of the worst PPVs of the year. Boring, boring, boring. Mediocre matches and no big surprises.

Taker losing...who cares. He should have left years ago. He had the perfect out 2 years ago at 20-0. The gimmicky WWF is dead and his gimmick died about 10 years ago.

Anybody remember when Wrestlemania meant something? It was the biggest night of the wrestling year.

I thought Bryan's matches were very good. It wasn't $60 worthy, but it was definitely worth the $9.99 a month for the WWE Network.

DB's matches were excellent. He finally slayed the dragons (no pun intended) and got his 'Mania moment. As telegraphed as it was, it was very well executed.

Taker had to lose eventually. The man is 48 years old. Even with only one a year, his matches have been brutal at the last few WMs. Can't say I'm surprised. I would have liked to to have been ended by a full-timer, but Brock is arguably the only heel right now who you could legitimately have beaten him. (As an aside, WWE is getting exactly what it wanted with Taker's loss. My morning sports show spent an entire segment on it this morning-and they don't talk wrestling ever. The story was also teased by HLN's Morning Express just now. Vince loves nothing more than mainstream coverage, and he is getting it.)

The Andre Battle Royal was worth it if for nothing else than Cesaro slamming Show. He splits from Swagger in the pre-show and completes his face turn on the main show. Arguably the #3 guy in terms of "biggest night" behing DB and Lesnar.

The Jake The Snake-esque head games played by Bray Wyatt on Cena almost made the SuperCena win bearable. Almost.

The Shield match was the squash it should have been. So short I completely forgot it happened, sadly.

Divas match was predictably terrible, but AJ retains.

I enjoyed 30 a lot, though I had the fortune to watch it with some good friends and get caught up in the fun. I got to get the blu-ray just to have a copy of the fan reaction shots of the Undertaker match.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar

WWE WrestleMania 30

For me, it was one of the best WrestleManias of all time. I've been so disappointed by wrestling and WrestleMania for much of the last decade. It was the one PPV a year I'd get, hoping it could reel me back in. I'm back in now, thanks to the last few months, and last night particularly. Daniel Bryan finally got his due. The Undertaker loss was shocking, but it's sort of a refreshing change. The Shield and Antonio Cesaro got pushed. I feel rewarded for having to put up with so many mediocre years.

I've been a wrestling fan (WWF) since 1990. I pretty much gave up watching it full-time in the early 2000's. I've come back every now and again, and have been a fair weather wrestling fan. The reason I was turned off - I'm simply not a John Cena fan nor a fan of his spotlight, and I felt last night's WrestleMania was the start of a new era for wrestling.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
    WM30_Photo_379.jpg
    Last edited by The All American; April 7, 2014 at 08:54pm.

It is interesting that the battle royal actually had 31 participants, but WWE's website still says 30.

Heroic Warrior

new player in town

jeff Jarrett's no promotion

http://globalforcewrestling.com/

Bryan winning was great, Lesnar winning was great, Cesaro winning was great.
    I have seen what others have not seen!