Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Catch-All Pro-Wrestling Thread.

Heroic Warrior
    WM 29 Taker vs CM Punk was decent , at least some fans enjoy it anyway.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar

What a horrible name for a PPV, and floods of "Goodness Gracious" jokes are already swepping thru.

--SMP

wwe-great-balls-of-fire-659x400-29-1493464422.jpg
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Master of New Adventures!
    Maybe it's just me, but I really think The Hardy Boyz are overrated. They don't seem aggressive or powerful enough to me.

They were exciting a decade ago. I'm just patiently awaiting a deal between WWE and Impact so our Boyz can become #BROKEN.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    They were exciting a decade ago. I'm just patiently awaiting a deal between WWE and Impact so our Boyz can become #BROKEN.
    Can you or someone else give me a quick synopsis on the Broken gimmick? I don't follow TNA, so I'm clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Can you or someone else give me a quick synopsis on the Broken gimmick? I don't follow TNA, so I'm clueless.
    In a nutshell, it was lunacy. You started with your conventional Matt/Jeff feud in TNA. Jeff hits a swanton bomb off a scaffold or something on Matt through a table. Matt starts acting..."different", according to his wife, Reby. It completely changed his personality. Think over-the-top 80's cartoon villain. His home becomes a literal battleground (with the shooting of fireworks at people). A sentient drone (who happens to be one of Matt's closest allies) named Vanguard 1. A lake of reincarnation. Green beans. Utterly, utterly over-the top. I give Matt all the credit in the world. His commitment to the bit absolutely sold the character.

I highly recommend checking out youtube for the full story. There is a playlist that covers all of the vignettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I really think The Hardy Boyz are overrated. They don't seem aggressive or powerful enough to me.
    Did you watch them during their original run? They did a lot of high risk spots, particularly Jeff. They've looked good so far this run even if they've lost a step. If you have WWE Network, I recommend watching their past triple threat matches with the Dudleys and Edge & Christian (Wrestlemania 16, Summerslam 2000, Wrestlemania 17).

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    In a nutshell, it was lunacy. You started with your conventional Matt/Jeff feud in TNA. Jeff hits a swanton bomb off a scaffold or something on Matt through a table. Matt starts acting..."different", according to his wife, Reby. It completely changed his personality. Think over-the-top 80's cartoon villain. His home becomes a literal battleground (with the shooting of fireworks at people). A sentient drone (who happens to be one of Matt's closest allies) named Vanguard 1. A lake of reincarnation. Green beans. Utterly, utterly over-the top. I give Matt all the credit in the world. His commitment to the bit absolutely sold the character.

I highly recommend checking out youtube for the full story. There is a playlist that covers all of the vignettes.
    Sounds wacky, but I'll have to try and check it out.

Thanks!

Sounds wacky, but I'll have to try and check it out.

Thanks!
    My pleasure. In my opinion, it's the patent silliness of pro wrestling exemplified in one bit. My only hope is that Creative lets Matt and Jeff do their own thing with it once they DO start.

Also, if you have a Twitter account, I'd recommend following Matt Hardy. He's basically been shouting from the rooftops that this persona is coming.

Looking forward to the new UK Championship weekly show they are taping for now. I believe there is also going to be a UK Championship match at a upcoming NXT PPV.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Looking forward to the new UK Championship weekly show they are taping for now. I believe there is also going to be a UK Championship match at a upcoming NXT PPV.
    UK Championship match at NXT Takeover: Chicago on 5/20. I'll be at Backlash the next night. Still debating if I wanna do Takeover as well.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

WOW the UK Championship match at NXT Takeover last night was outstanding!

Wanted:

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    WOW the UK Championship match at NXT Takeover last night was outstanding!
    Agreed. Match of the year so far for me.

Wow have you guys seen the match list for this upcoming DVD set of unreleased matches:
    http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...95-dvd/137256/

Wanted:

Wow have you guys seen the match list for this upcoming DVD set of unreleased matches:
    http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...95-dvd/137256/
    Didn't hear about this. Thanks for the share!

Heroic Warrior
    embedded for your entertainment.......

Anyone keeping up with the NJPW G1 Climax on at the moment? Flipping awesome matches!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

With yesterday's promo with Roman and Cena, I got to thinking...who do you think the fans like least out of those two?

For me, I give Cena tons of respect for things he does outside of the ring.

My props go to Cena. But Kim likes Roman. No, reeeeeeeeeally?! Finn comes in a close second for her. I'm guessing her opinion isn't based solely upon wrestling skills, however. Kinda like me when it comes to Alexa and Becky.

With yesterday's promo with Roman and Cena, I got to thinking...who do you think the fans like least out of those two?

Heroic Warrior
    I had the tv on mute but it look like it lasted 6 years. Rip van winkle woke up grabbed a shower, had a bite to eat, read the morning paper and took another nap.

Cena:a part timer who probably came off preachy and holier than out speech. I get the Cena gimmick just don't like it. maybe if I had smackdown in his early years I might have liked him. The announcers should have played up his thugyness (hey! it's a word now) by saying thugs don't wrestle they fight to survive. and things like that. Cena is the modern day Hogan. minus the charisma.

Roman:stood there all stiff, talking all stiff and looking all stiff. It was like he was trying to channel Ben Stein. l I've seen more personality from a Rubik's Cube. Roman is vince's chosen one. and vince is forcing roman down our throats. and I don't like him since he beat Undertaker at Mania, so bleep him.

I think hardcore fans will dislike Roman more in the feud since he is the most current chosen one getting a monster push and Cena is just a part-timer now. Instead of making him Cena 2.0, I would turn Roman heel and hope he eventually turns popular enough that he becomes a Rock 2.0 instead.

I can't say is that segment did much in terms of making its current roster look good ("I'm still here because you can't cut it"), but dammit that was entertaining.

John Cena doesn't suck Andy Adams's Avatar
    They're both polarizing because they are both constantly getting pushes, but Cena vs Reigns is an actual dream match for fans. Almost like Hogan vs Warrior back in the day. Like em or hate em, they both get the crowd on their feet.

Its crazy to think that. Especially when Cena has been called 5-move Johnny (6, now that he added the springboard stunner) and fans have chanted, "roman can't wrestle" on more than one occasion. Yet they both sell the most merchandise.

I am sure that the match will live up to some of the hype but I also think that John Cena doesn't suck. I'm rooting for Reigns. I don't think it will get him over though until he turns heel or rejoins the shield.
    It's not falling down that defines character, everyone falls down....it's how you get back up.

Is anyone else watching the 2017 Mae Young Classic?

If not, I highly recommend it. Women's wrestling at its best.

A.j. Styles/Jinder Mahal Smackdown match tonight was one of the best I've ever seen, with one of my favorite modern day wrestlers emerging with a major victory, despite his injured knee! And what an ending! Can't wait to see the Survivor match between A.J. and Lesnar!