Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Official (ongoing) Gardening Thread

I had one of my watermellons the other day. It totally rocked. I have never planted them before, so I was pleased.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I had one of my watermellons the other day. It totally rocked. I have never planted them before, so I was pleased.
    Awesome for you!! I planted watermelons for the first time on my own this year as well. Not bad.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Brassy Baroness

Gardening 2010

Any one planning on starting or continuing one this year?
    What's going in it?

This year since I am in a "garden apartment" on the corner (means I have ample garden space! ) I am planning to expand my previous container garden. I've started dwarf kale, rainbow swiss chard, and spinach. My strawberries from the previous year are still alive and I will expand them to a few more containers.

All said and done I would like to add:
    tomatoes
    peppers
    yellow squash
    snake beans

What about you all?
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

I don't garden food, but I did plant 2 flower gardens in the backyard today.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Last year I tried to plant pumpkins. They did ok up until they started to bloom. The way my gf's yard is made too much water drained and I think I killed them. I'm going to try again this year but move them to another location in her yard. I'm also thinking about maybe doing one or two other things. Maybe sunflowers? Undecided.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

New:
    Strawberries
    popcorn
    sunflowers

Old:
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    pumpkins
    beans
    watermelon
    basil
    broccoli

Now, if I can keep the pesky chickens away score for me!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    New:
    popcorn
    hmmm that sounds fun. Do they grow about the same size as a regular corn stalk?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    hmmm that sounds fun. Do they grow about the same size as a regular corn stalk?
    Yes but the kernels are very small.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Gardening - one of my favourite pastimes. I've neglected planting veggies in the last few years, but i aim to start again and the weather is nice. I think i'll stick with 'basics' e.g. tomato, lettuce, cucumber etc... I don't have large spot so i'll have to make do

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Hydrangea
    Daylillies
    Mums
    Fire Bamboo
    Lamb's Ear
    Elephant Ears
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I don't grow food either, but I got some flowers coming in. Tulips, jonquils, even some little teacup roses that have been around probably as long as the house (way longer than me). I just hope it doesn't frost again.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"That which does not kill me... had better start running"
    - Source unknown

Not many gardeners on the org I see? I love gardening especially growing fruit and veg. This year I've grown tomatoes, peppers, chives, frenchbeans, raspberries, courgettes, lettuce, butternut squash and cucumbers.

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Gardening in 2010 sucks, the heat has killed just about everything we planted regardless of water and care. When its 115 outside and 90% humidity I am not quite sure any plant is strong enough

3 months and our yield is 1 tomato and 3 strawberries. The indoor plants are thriving though because they are sun controlled and constant 74-78 degrees

Well weeds grow quite well
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Brassy Baroness
    lol! My tomatoes keep cracking because we have too much water up here!
    Nonetheless, my greens are thriving very nicely.

Had a few harvest of herbs, rainbow chard, kale, leeks, and collards. I am microgreens out!

Now the squash and zucchini had powdery mildew. Probably from the nursery.

The snap dragons keep blooming but rather sparse. Will try hydrangea's next year.

I hope I can also start a black fig tree since I saw one on the university's property just as a shrub.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

This year's winners:
    • My tomatoes came in alright this year, but they showed up REEEAL late. They are just now starting to ripen.
    • My dwarf lemon tree (in a pot) is doing great in it's second year. It is producing lots of lemons that will be ready for next season.
    • Pomegranate tree doing well (although it's a starter in a tiny pot. No fruit!)
    • Strawberries came in sporadically.

This year's losers:
    • Broccoli (set deep roots, but never grew!)
    • Soybean (just burned out... literally!)
    • Cucumbers (began yielding, then dried out)
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I don't know if it counts, but I tried a Topsy-Turvy this year for tomatoes. The wife and I love tomatoes, so we figured we'd give it a shot.

I set it on a shepherd's hook, but it quickly got too heavy for it and bent to the ground. I created a new stand with a bucket, concrete, particle board and black iron pipe. Works great.

I have about 40 tomatoes about the size of racquetballs on there now in varying stages of ripeness. We've already eaten about a dozen.

I know it should be simple, but I'm still very proud at how it came out on our first time!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Dont talk to me about to much sun markatisu, all it does here is rain! Alot of my tomatoes have cracked too due to to much water.

My apple tree only seems to flower and bare fruit every other year. Cant for the life of me remember the variety of apple tree it is now though so not sure if this is normal or not?

The chickens have manged to destroy my garden. *******s.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

The chickens have manged to destroy my garden. *******s.
    Let's get revenge...capture them and rip their heads off. Pluck out all their feathers and remove their guts. Then throw some flour and spices over them and put them in some oil. That'll teach them.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

The roosters are the first to die.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Here is what I have harvested this year from my garden:

Strawberries (2 types)
    Black Berries
    Asparagus
    Yellow Squash (2 types)
    Zucchini
    Green Beans (2 types)
    Tomatoes (6 types)
    Red Onions
    White Onions
    Red Potatoes
    White Potatoes
    Cucumbers
    Watermelon (Not ready yet)

I take my veggies to the KY State Fair on Tuesday. Last year I came in 3rd place for Large Vegetable Collection and 4th Place for Cherry Tomatoes

King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback

Evil Master of Warcraft
    My garden was an epic failure. I'm going back to Farmville.

My garden is out of control. I haven't had enough spare time to tend to it properly and nobody wants to donate their spare time. I didn't stake my tomatoes properly and they're growing all over the place, my cucumbers are growing into them and pulling them down....it's a mess. I love to do canning in the fall but I don't think I'll be able to do much due to work.

Basil
    Oregano
    Thyme
    Lemongrass
    Lavender
    Fennel
    Dill
    Spearmint
    Chervil
    Cilantro
    Carrots
    Leeks
    White onion
    many varieties of tomato
    Green beans
    Cucumber
    Broccoli
    Tomatillo
    Beets
    Potatoes

Too much for one person
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

2012 Gardening Thread

Well, it's that time of year again. Time to get out the tiller (or pots) and start planting. So, yesterday I got the tiller out and tilled up my garden area and let it dry. Today I added some compost and manure...then tilled it again before planting cold crops (cabbage, broccoli, red & white potatoes, onions, garlic, and lettuce).

After growing up on a 100-acre fruit & vegetable farm, I always LOVE this time of year!!! I have always had a big garden: (1) for growing fruits/ vegetables to eat fresh/ can, and (2) for growing fruits/ vegetables to display in the Kentucky State Fair. However, this year I am planting a smaller garden, but excited nonetheless.

Once May-June arrives I will plant my other vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash, cucumbers, etc.)

So, what is everyone else planting this year?
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; July 18, 2012 at 08:50am.

*My iTrader Feedback