Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we have too many He-Man variants in MOTUC?

Heroic Warrior

Do we have too many He-Man variants in MOTUC?

I think we have too many He-Man variants in MOTUC. After NA He-Man, Snake Armor He-Man should be the last of the He-Man variants for a few years.

Here's the list:

He-Man
    Adam
    TRU 2 Pack He-Man
    Battle Armor He-man
    Preternia Disguise He-Man
    Thunderpunch He-Man
    King He-Man
    NA He-Man

When you start adding three different versions of King Grayskull (four if you count the Spirit version--which I don't), Vikor, Vykron, and Wun-Dar, it starts to feel like overkill. Snake Armor He-Man is essential to me. After that, no more He-Man variants. If the line lasts until 2017, I could be talked into an Ice Armor He-Man.

EDITED to add King He-Man to the list. I knew I forgot one.
    EDITED AGAIN to add Preternia Disguise He-Man. I didn't know I forgot two!
    Last edited by Ntumbuluku; October 15, 2012 at 01:57pm.

I agree that there are alot of He-man variants, but it is his toyline after all! lol but the only variants I ever cared about having in this line are:

Adam
    200x Adam
    Battle Armor He-man
    NA He-Man
    200x He-man
    Snake Armor He-man
    Horde Armor He-man

Honorable mention: Ice Armor He-man cause he looked kinda cool and was actually in an episode.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Heroic Warrior
    There are only 3 more He-Man variants I'd like to get in MOTUC :

1) Flying Fists He-Man

2) Laser Power He-Man

3) Snake Armor He-Man.

I don't care about the rest...

There is no such thing as too many He-Man variants....
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I consider figures like Wun-Dar & Vikor to be unique characters, not variants. That's just my opinion, though.

Considering I just gleefully ordered BA He-Man and am looking forward to King He-Man next year, I guess the answer is no. I do think we're being saturated a bit with He-Man variants next year though, as getting NA He-Man just a couple months after King He-Man gives me horrible flashbacks to the 200x line's case assortments...
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Nope! I don't think we have too many at all. See, I love the variants! The problem I had with them was ONLY back in the 200X line, and ONLY because they were all you could find on the shelves. The variants themselves were still awesome, and I'm still excited to get them. NA He-Man was my TOP variant, so I'm friggin' geeked for 'em! I'd still like to see others when and if they get to them.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

compared to:

He-Man
    Asterisk He-man
    Smash Blade he-man
    Jungle Attack He-man He-man
    Battle Sound He-man
    Ice Armour He-man
    Snake Armour He-man
    Samurai He-man
    Dragon tattoo he-man (german dragon walker variant)
    Dragon Walker He-man
    Martial Arts He-man
    Mega Punch He-Man
    Mecha-Blade He-Man
    Shield Strike He-Man
    Snake Hunter He-man
    and
    Wolf Armour He-Man
    all in the span of 3 years...
    I think we are ok.

I don't mind the variants as they have done them, it's like the original line, basically.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I would be down for an Oolar and a 200xish He-Man with a detailed headsculpt to match the more recent figures.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    Honorable mention: Ice Armor He-man cause he looked kinda cool and was actually in an episode.
    Oh boo! BOOOOO!

But in answer to the question, yes! Far too many!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Once I get:

Filmation He-Man
    200x He-man
    Ice Armor He-Man
    Snake Armor He-man
    Horde Armor He-man
    Mini-Comic Adam
    200x Adam
    Oo-Larr

Then I'm good.

But I don't think it's too many, because he's the main character of the toyline, he's had lots of incarnations and costumes over the years and all of his looks in Classics (aside from King He-Man and Preternia Disguise He-Man) have been asked for by the fans.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Once I get:

Filmation He-Man
    200x He-man
    Ice Armor He-Man
    Snake Armor He-man
    Horde Armor He-man
    Mini-Comic Adam
    200x Adam
    Oo-Larr

Then I'm good.

But I don't think it's too many, because he's the main character of the toyline, he's had lots of incarnations and costumes over the years and all of his looks in Classics (aside from King He-Man and Preternia Disguise He-Man) have been asked for by the fans.
    But how badly to you want those variants compared to other characters? The only He-Man variant I would want more than the average other character is Snake Armor He-Man. If no other He-Man variant was made, it wouldn't make me feel like the line is incomplete. But if we never get Two-Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, and Flogg, it would feel like the line is incomplete to me.

P.S. - I don't know how stuff you must have removed ended up in my quote box, MGM.

I want as many MOTUC versions of previous variants as possible. So, we've got a long way to go!
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Once I get:

Filmation He-Man
    200x He-man
    Ice Armor He-Man
    Snake Armor He-man
    Horde Armor He-man
    Mini-Comic Adam
    200x Adam
    Oo-Larr

Then I'm good.

I second that !!! Horde Armor He-man

What? No one wants Samurai He-Man from 200x???
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I like Adam, King and NA, the others seem pointless.

I think the answer is yes even though I'm a sucker for them and have them all and will keep buying them all. I used to get all the He-Man and Skeletor variants, but I've stopped collecting Skeletor but will always get the He-Man ones, even NA which I never liked, but having his cross on that armor made me want to keep him.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

He-Man
    Adam
    TRU 2 Pack He-Man
    Battle Armor He-man
    Thunderpunch He-Man
    NA He-Man

You forgot Preternia Disguise He-Man....King He-Man.

Adam really isn't a variant to me, nor do I consider Keldor or Adora as variants....now a 200X Adam would be a variant. Different characters, don't qualify in my book, even if they are the same entities.

To me the TRU packs really don't count either, because they were not from Matty, or the sub, they were special releases you had to go to the store to get, and a total option to buy. I know I prefer the TRU Zodac to the regular line release though.

So to me the only true line variants worth counting are:

He-Man
    Battle Armor He-man
    Thunderpunch He-Man
    NA He-Man
    Preternia Disguise He-Man
    King He-Man

But how many Skeletors do we have too, going by your list?

Skeletor
    Keldor
    TRU Skeletor
    BA Skeletor
    DB Skeletor
    Mo-Larr Skeletor....
    Alcala head for Skeletor....

Counting the Alcala head as the ability to make another variant, there is only one less Skeletor....and NA Skeletor is very likely soon.

But He-Man & Skeletor are the main characters, and the best for variants....although once the NA, TC & FF versions come out, I do say enough is enough....I don't see any need for the hundreds of 200X variants.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 15, 2012 at 02:14pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Once I get:

Filmation He-Man
    200x He-man
    Ice Armor He-Man
    Snake Armor He-man
    Horde Armor He-man
    Mini-Comic Adam
    200x Adam
    Oo-Larr

Then I'm good.

wOw MGM ! We almost think alike when it comes to MOTUC !! Whatever you like, I like them as well. Good to see that we have a similar MOTUC taste !

BTW, I also want to include Filmation colour Prince Adam in that list !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by J-West View Post
    I agree that there are alot of He-man variants, but it is his toyline after all!
    This--^ Doesn't excuse trying to get fans to digest oodles of He-man variants, but provides at least a decent justification for why they keep coming. The only addtl that I want is Snake Armor He-man. After that I could be considered 'good' on He-man variants for the foreseable future.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    But how badly to you want those variants compared to other characters? The only He-Man variant I would want more than the average other character is Snake Armor He-Man. If no other He-Man variant was made, it wouldn't make me feel like the line is incomplete. But if we never get Two-Bad, Glimmer, Hydron, and Flogg, it would feel like the line is incomplete to me.
    I'm one of those unusual fans who would prefer my favorite version of a character than some new character that I'm not too excited for, since there aren't many new characters that I'm really excited for. Except for Mantenna, Tung Lashor, Horde Trooper, Hydron, Flogg, Sagitar, NA Skeletor, Glimmer, Castaspella, Angella, Evilseed...maybe Two Bad, Hoove, Scorpia, Ninjor, Mermista and Modulok, I'd want a favored variant over a new character that I'm not too enthusiastic towards. If it was a choice between Batros and Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn, then C and D Evil-Lyn gets the nod, since that figure is way more important to me than Batros ever will, as that would become my main Evil-Lyn. I'd replace the vintage Rattlor with a Classicized MYP version in a heartbeat. Not every new character is awesome.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I haven't ANY interest in a snake armour he-man. I didn't like it very much and i HATED that it became his main look.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    I don't see Vykron, wundar, or the rest as variants. They are their own character. The same as Faker. Faker is more a varient than Vykron is.

King Grayskull is BORDERLINE... I still think he was a terrible character... but he IS a different character.

Pretty much the same thing with Adam. If your playing or watching the show... Adam has a whole different function than he-man.

So in MY point of view... He-man, TRU HE-man, BA, TP, and NA are teh 'true varients'

Frankly I think that MOST of them were redundant. BA without the 'magic damage' is pointless... as is TP without the caps...

NA looks cool, but I don't like that era so he means little to me.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I'm one of those unusual fans who would prefer my favorite version of a character than some new character that I'm not too excited for, since there aren't many new characters that I'm really excited for. Except for Mantenna, Tung Lashor, Horde Trooper, Hydron, Flogg, Sagitar, NA Skeletor, Glimmer, Castaspella, Angella, Evilseed...maybe Two Bad, Hoove, Scorpia, Ninjor, Mermista and Modulok, I'd want a favored variant over a new character that I'm not too enthusiastic towards. If it was a choice between Batros and Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn, then C and D Evil-Lyn gets the nod, since that figure is way more important to me than Batros ever will, as that would become my main Evil-Lyn. I'd replace the vintage Rattlor with a Classicized MYP version in a heartbeat. Not every new character is awesome.
    Again..... Same Thought & Same Taste !

Buddy, you are saving lot of my words !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

The only other he-man variant that I think we need is Flying fists. honorable mention to Laser power though, since we got the giants might as well get him.

I am not against an ice armour he-man that was actually a very cool look (no pun intended)

ut I'm not crazy for variants, in the vintage line I was because of the play features, in this line I don't care much.

Fear is faith in failure

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    compared to:

He-Man
    Asterisk He-man
    Smash Blade he-man
    Jungle Attack He-man He-man
    Battle Sound He-man
    Ice Armour He-man
    Snake Armour He-man
    Samurai He-man
    Dragon tattoo he-man (german dragon walker variant)
    Dragon Walker He-man
    Martial Arts He-man
    Mega Punch He-Man
    Mecha-Blade He-Man
    Shield Strike He-Man
    Snake Hunter He-man
    and
    Wolf Armour He-Man
    all in the span of 3 years...
    I think we are ok.

I don't mind the variants as they have done them, it's like the original line, basically.
    I couldn't agree more. I don't think there are too many now, but when they get to Martial Arts He-Man and Wolf Armor He-Man ask me again my thoughts will probably change. Though, I wouldn't mind getting some of those armors/weapons etc. in a future weapons pack if they choose to do them.