Thread: 200X He-Man Support and Speculation Thread

200X He-Man Support and Speculation Thread

There has to be a thread for this, right? No? I can't find one. And there's only so many times I want to wait 30 seconds and try a new search before I give up.

So if there isn't one, now there is.

TG has said a few times now if there were to be a 200X He-man, it will be a repaint with a 200X chest harness a long loin cloth and no changes to the sculpt. No new hair and no 'loin cloth pouch'.

While I wish we could get the pouch I am personally not concerned with a new head. I love the classics head.

So I got to thinking since we already have the 200X sword and there would be literally no new parts in a 200X He-man at all...what could we pack in to make it a fun and interesting figure?

Maybe a 200X Battle Cat helmet to fit on the existing BC? Maybe He-ro's grave? If that isn't going to come with Eldor that is...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Honestly I wouldn't look for anything much to be included with him....you may not even get the Power Sword since it's been released twice already . I know it's He-Man, but look at how they cheaped out on SMAA, don't think a 200X He-Man will get much more of a star treatment than that....He may get an accessory or two though, since their excuse for SMAA not getting much more was he includes the comic book. But I wouldn't look for much.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    There has to be a thread for this, right? No? I can't find one. And there's only so many times I want to wait 30 seconds and try a new search before I give up.

So if there isn't one, now there is.

TG has said a few times now if there were to be a 200X He-man, it will be a repaint with a 200X chest harness a long loin cloth and no changes to the sculpt. No new hair and no 'loin cloth pouch'.

While I wish we could get the pouch I am personally not concerned with a new head. I love the classics head.

So I got to thinking since we already have the 200X sword and there would be literally no new parts in a 200X He-man at all...what could we pack in to make it a fun and interesting figure?

Maybe a 200X Battle Cat helmet to fit on the existing BC? Maybe He-ro's grave? If that isn't going to come with Eldor that is...
    The MOTUC Index is usually your friend...however in this case, while 200X He-Man has a bunch of topics devoted to him, he had no actual support thread until now.

As for how Mattel could make him, I think A He-Man repaint could work with a new harness and maybe his sporran (pouch belt) could be a belt like Fisto's. He is a pretty minimalistic figure, so he needs any new elements that he could get to make him a more attractive purchase.

I've long thought that a 200X Battle Cat could be made from Battle Lion's armor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

A Decent 200X He-Man would need:
    Basic He-Man Buck with Tri-Klops left arm
    (Preternia Loincloth Optional)
    New Hairpiece with the MYP Hairstyle, not the 200X Toy hairstyle.
    New Harness
    Optional "200X" Belt with Sporran (like Fisto)
    Techno Sword
    Silver He-Man Shield
    Ax repainted in a 200X-ish scheme
    (Of course a Classicized Techno Ax and Larger Shield would be Welcome, but Logistics and all that)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Not that I'm clamoring for this variant, but I'd love it to get these parts (and represent Adam while on his quest for the Sword):

-chest in which to house Sword (but it'd make more sense to be the true Sword)
    -optional belt with sporran
    -techno shield
    -techno axe (these 2 properly Classic-ized)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    This has to be one of the most tricky-to-judge (possible) releases. In one respect, it's He-Man, so he's the key of key characters in the line.
    On the other hand, whatever they do within the boundaries of MOTUC (as in, not going for a whole new 200x-style sculpt), he wouldn't really end up as much more of a repaint.
    I can only echo what other people have suggested - "sporan" belt; a new harness (a simple vintage harness repaint really would be cheaping out, and hairpiece. ...well, hairpieces. A whole new held sculpt is out of the question, but I think they could go the variant heads route by doing the 200x toy version hair, the MYP style hair, and as a "secret bonus", the prototype-hair which saw He-Man with long braids down either side of his hair. (This dropped idea is usually either met with a "what? I've never heard of that" or a "yeah, why the heck did they not go with that awesome look").
    Ordinarily I'm not a fan of the multiple heads just for the same of it (don't get me wrong, in the right case, such as Mer Man, Moss Man or Fisto, they're perfect), but it's the only real "simple bonus" idea I can think of to try and make this character appeal a bit more.

Personally I'm not too fussed about getting a 200x-style He-Man. It's not a look I'm really bothered about getting in the Classics, and I think if the character does see the light of day, it'd probably be little more than a monthly bonus repaint. ...But then I've been wrong many times befoe
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I just went ahead & made a custom 200x he-man. I got tried of waiting.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I dont want a 200x He Man, but...

I'm going to post something like this in the King He-Man thread, and I'll do it first here.

I cant imagine needing a 200x He-Man, we have what we need to make one. Although a "made to be capeless" harness would be nice.

But what I would be behind, is if the 200x He-Man was the basis for "King He-Man". Perhaps lengthen his hair, give him a second head with a built in crown (ala King Randor) and whatever else you think.

That I could support. It'd be a "new figure" a not just 200x variant (which they dont really want to do anyway) and would make sense, since King Grayskull set the stage right?

So if they go this route, I think it could happen. Maybe even do a new loincloth, ect. Because it'd be a more important variant than 200x He-Man, although that would be what he was.

Pass it along. I think this is the route to go.

If Thunderpunch He-Man is just a He-Man repaint with a new harness, backpack and a balled up fist, then I KNOW 200X He-Man should get hooked up with his pouchbelt (make it like Fisto) and 200X harness.

oh, I agree. What I'm suggesting is since they are not going to do a "200x" He-Man, what could that basic design be sold as?

So a "King He-Man" could get made, and use that 200x design elements more, pouch and all perhaps of course (since that would be one of the only new tools needed, with a capeless attachment thingy harness and maybe new head?) because it's all made, and now it's a legitimate character.

I wanted to focus on what the 200x-esque design (which we have most of already) could be united as as an actual character which is what they want to do.

THunder Punch He-Man's look has a story, and a name. Since they will not make a 200x He-Man, if that's what you're expecting he be called, what is the character explination for the outfit?

Really, the King He-Man Idea utilizing the already established 200x type-esque look from King Grayskull is established, so it's not a stretch that we could get a closer 200x look on He-Man himself if this is what he was sold as.

I dont know how else it is envisioned to get this variant. Sure, "Battleground" He-Man could be it, but that's awefully lame, especially if you consider that by the time that comes around (whenever that is) I could see him being King, or about to be, whatever.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    oh, I agree. What I'm suggesting is since they are not going to do a "200x" He-Man, what could that basic design be sold as?

So a "King He-Man" could get made, and use that 200x design elements more, pouch and all perhaps of course (since that would be one of the only new tools needed, with a capeless attachment thingy harness and maybe new head?) because it's all made, and now it's a legitimate character.

I wanted to focus on what the 200x-esque design (which we have most of already) could be united as as an actual character which is what they want to do.

THunder Punch He-Man's look has a story, and a name. Since they will not make a 200x He-Man, if that's what you're expecting he be called, what is the character explination for the outfit?

Really, the King He-Man Idea utilizing the already established 200x type-esque look from King Grayskull is established, so it's not a stretch that we could get a closer 200x look on He-Man himself if this is what he was sold as.

I dont know how else it is envisioned to get this variant. Sure, "Battleground" He-Man could be it, but that's awefully lame, especially if you consider that by the time that comes around (whenever that is) I could see him being King, or about to be, whatever.

What do you think?
    It'll probably be Battleground He-Man. King He-Man could work, as an inspiration to King Grayskull.

I wish that TG would have had Adam turn into 200X He-Man using the Techno Sword first; since he isn't getting the full power from a mechanical sword, he isn't as powerful as Classic He-Man. Once Adam reunited the sword halves, he stopped using the techno sword and started using the original sword and became Classic He-Man. I think this would have treated 200X He-Man as "the Gray Hulk" or the "Black Spider-Man"; an in-canon, alternate main outfit with different properties for the hero to wear. If Adam ever lost his sword, he could use the Techno Sword as a surrogate, although he wouldn't be as powerful as the original.

Perhaps TG can still use this idea for the bios, should Adam ever lose his sword. It happened to him a few times in Filmation.

It still could be used that way, really. There's nothing to say this isn't Adam in his quest for the complete Sword... (other than the difference is techno-vests).

That said, I also like the King He-Man angle! Give him the standard HM body, KG harness and (darker) red cape (colored to match the '87 film's!), new head with hair similar to KG's (as seen in early 200X art), second-crowned-head, and Classicized techno shield and axe (which could be for him or for our "questing" Adam.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Court Magician

Who wants a 200x style MOTUC He-man figure?

I tried a search on the topic and found nothing but I apologize if it has been discussed already. But would anyone else like to see a 200X style He-man? I figured since they did a new adventures style MOTUC...why not? Id like to see it..maybe if theres enough interest, we just may see one one day..I personally am not too crazy about the characters they are releasing on Mattycollector, in my opinion..figures like Ram Man should have came out ages ago but I believe there were a lot of silly figures that were used for filler and possibly figures like Ram Man saved to generate future interest. It would be pretty cool to see some other 200x MOTUC figures like a Man at arms with 200x style detailed armor?
    but back to the topic..who else wants to see a 200x He-man?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    No. The main reasons being.

1. Mattel wouldn't give it proper detail. Since they insist "the hyper anime detail is retired" they would "clasicize" the figure and we'd end up with a figure that's only a slight paint variation of the standard He-Man and thus be a total waste of a sku.

2. They need to back off of variants for a while and give us the individual characters they've been withholding first.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Heroic Warrior
    Nope.

Just a Classicized 200X Adam on a smaller buck.

He-Loser, use the MOTUC Index that's stickied at the top of this forum. Almost every character has a whole section of topics.

There's BEEN interest in a 200X He-Man for along while, especially two years ago, when some fans and I went to war with Toyguru over it one Saturday afternoon (Note, Mattel's policy toward 200X isn't Toyguru's personal policy toward 200X; he only enforces it). Since 200X He-Man is such a minimalistic design, some fans would like 200X He-Man to have some unique features that would make the figure more attractive to casual fans (longer hair, pouch belt), but Mattel is resistant to giving He-Man longer hair and thinks that they can slap a new harness on a repainted He-Man figure, include the techno-sword and call it a day.

Fans could kitbash a 200X He-Man from King Grayskull 2.0. Since that KG release, Mattel has stated that they want to do a "real" Classics 200X He-Man, but due to the 2013 subscription barely getting by, Mattel has cut back on variants.

If we ever get that figure, I hope Mattel goes the Fisto route and has his pouch/sporran as an attachable belt piece.

Want an Ice Armor one.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I want He-Man 2.0 before He-Man 200X !

BTW....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

1. Mattel wouldn't give it proper detail. Since they insist "the hyper anime detail is retired" they would "clasicize" the figure and we'd end up with a figure that's only a slight paint variation of the standard He-Man and thus be a total waste of a sku.

Now thats what I call a "BS" reason !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Snappy Threader
    At least they could give us another King Grayskull armor in a weapons pack maybe....that is very close...

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I want He-Man 2.0 before He-Man 200X !

BTW....

Now thats what I call a "BS" reason !!!
    would actually give a reason for 2.0 ie a mix and match like she-ra
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I can't believe I haven't posted here yet.

YES!!! I want a 200X He-Man! I was able to score a 2nd King Grayskull on the Black Friday sale so I could make one but I want an OFFICIAL 200X He-Man. Here is my perfect recipe for one:

• King Grayskull buck
    • Vykron bracers (silver/gold)
    • Vikor boots
    • 200X sword (silver)
    • He-Man shield (silver)
    • He-Man ax
    • new King Grayskull harness (without stubs)
    • Pouch belt similar to Fisto's belt
    • New Adventures He-Man hands
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Widget
    Personally I'd rather see the Snake Armor He-man. I already have my 200X He-man on my shelf. King Grayskull with the spare head from Orko / Adam, the Electronic Sword from MAA and no cape.

Feel the same way about Laser Light He-man. I'm betting that a Movie He-man + NA He-man' sword (or is it Galactic Protector He-man now?) will be close enough for me. And I'd rather have a Movie He-man than Laser Light.

Just figure once we have the parts to kit bash one ourselves I'd rather use the sku for something we don't have.
    Last edited by castlemn4j; December 2, 2012 at 12:00am.