Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King He-Man discussion thread

King He-Man discussion thread

King He-Man was finally - officially announced (in TMS's bio).

and he also...

...makes an appearance in the second mini comic.

do you think he will be the SDCC 12 exclusive? maybe he comes with Gwildor? (if they go for a 40-$-2-pack i think it might be King Miro and Battleground Randor (i.e. 200x Battle Armor Captain Randor).

with King He-Man they could easily reuse the statue:

SDCC-2011-He-Man_1311191409.jpgmattel-giant-faker-statue-36490.jpg3750740761_82a2ec4b8e_b.jpg4816765815_098f01da7b_b.jpg

also, shouldn't it be King Adam? at some point in the future he has to bequeath his sword to the next He-Man, maybe Sekeletor's son?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    It must be King Adam. He-Man is an alter ego, the only way this could be is Adam reveal that he is He-Man
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I actually think Adam should eventually reveal he is He-man, especially once he is king and has "grown into" the part. I've always liked the idea that He-man was sort of the end form for Adam. In other words, rather than being this other person, he essentially was the power-infused potential within Adam.

So King He-man would be appropriate to me.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

and who will be Queen? i guess we all asume it will be Teela - tough job, being the sorceress and the queen.

that destroys my hopes that He-Man would eventually settle down with Bow.

and what about Adora? will she be queen on Etheria?

Although I do like the concept of King He-man, I am not ready for him to take himself out of the picture to do his 'Kingly Duties' and bequeath his sword to any one since at this point the sword has found his way to him and should in my opinion end with him. I don't think we will be ready to accept him taking a diminished role and not passing the sword off (at least for a decent amount of time). He-man is He-man, King.... well....... somewhere down the road???? Maybe.

Heroic Warrior
    I was also confused by the whole "King He-Man" rather than "King Adam" myself. It doesn´t really make a lot of sense..... UNLESS... they are trying to incorporate the NA mini comics more instead of the cartoon. In the first mini comic, he was transformed into He-Man permanantly. Even the Sorceress stated that "Prince Adam is no more". Personally I dont really like that idea (since She-Ra goes too, then do we lose Adora as well?) , but it could be a possibility.

Heroic Warrior
    I think this is a result of RUSHING the bios. IMO, the bios sound unimaginative and rushed for the sake of getting them out there in time for printing. Things like Timewarps and wormholes? It's like TG watches Star Trek just to get ideas.---C'mon! King He-Man?... Unless this is explained somehow in the future, I'd say this was poor writing at it's best. Hate to say it but I'll bet more thought is put into those blogs--not sure though since I can't stand reading them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    It must be King Adam. He-Man is an alter ego, the only way this could be is Adam reveal that he is He-Man
    It's somewhat explained in the mini's upcoming.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Maybe he become one with the Power of Grayskull permantly.

I think he does reveal himself that Adam and He-man are one and the same in order to end the ruse created by Skeletor using Faker as the "real He-man." This would make sense if it is in fact being written along this path.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I think it's a natural transition, one day Adam or Adora has to take over for Randor when he passes, and the Sword of Power supposedly was meant for those two, so who knows. But I do like the sound of King He-Man / Adam, and I see no rushing of the bio, because of one simple fact....Adam is next in line to be King, and he is He-Man, and in essence....Grayskull was the first King He-Man....so why not?
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    King He-Man is an impressive dude! Even without the help of the "Mighty" Spector, He-Man was able to dethrone Skeletor and become King of Eternia while Lt. Spector was in the time portal.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Even when The Mighty Spector is trying hard not to suck, he still sucks. Clearly he is the laughing stock of Eternia and the Royal Family just humors his supposedly "mighty" time traveling so they can get rid of him.

And it should be King Adam, calling him "King He-Man" in inconsistent with King Grayskull. This is almost as bad as the Oo-Larr debacle.

I'd actually like to see Drissi as Queen.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Official King He-Man art->

There is a lot more info surrounding the King He-Man / King Adam era here if anyone is intersted-

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t-Era-in-MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I think he does reveal himself that Adam and He-man are one and the same in order to end the ruse created by Skeletor using Faker as the "real He-man." This would make sense if it is in fact being written along this path.
    He probably transforms himself right infront of Skeletor's face, thus scarring Skeletor for life ->

Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 28, 2012 at 01:20pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Those NA comic images are cool! Love those images of Skeletor.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I can't get over how old He-Man looks in that last frame. Not only did his hair get shorter, it got thinner.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Grayskull was king and wielded the Sword while married to the Sorceress-like Veena, so I don't see a problem there. I also like the idea of Adam growing into the role as he matured-he already looks like HM- so no issue. Revealing his secret could be part of how he convinces the world that he is not Faker.

I'd love figures of King HM and Queen Teela! (Not to mention Bride of Skeletor Teela, while on the subject of marriage.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would buy a king he-man or king adam.

Hoping king he-man would be like the 1987 movie.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I dont want a 200x He Man, but...

I posted this in the King He-Man thread, and I'll do it here as well.

I cant imagine needing a 200x He-Man, we have what we need to make one. Although a "made to be capeless" harness would be nice.

But what I would be behind, is if the 200x He-Man was the basis for "King He-Man". Perhaps lengthen his hair, give him a second head with a built in crown (ala King Randor) and whatever else you think.

That I could support. It'd be a "new figure" a not just 200x variant (which they dont really want to do anyway) and would make sense, since King Grayskull set the stage right?

So if they go this route, I think it could happen. Maybe even do a new loincloth, ect. Because it'd be a more important variant than 200x He-Man, although that would be what he was.

Pass it along. I think this is the route to go.

Also, of course by the time he is King, I think Adam would just "Be" He-Man. I see this as the premis behind the 80's movie to and extent actually. Like Adam finally "grew into" He-man. And after he defeated Skeletor & took back the throne, I see him being King He-Man with his seat being not in Eternos Palace, but Reclaiming Castle Grayskull as the seat of power with Queen Teela (the Sorceress) at his side.

yep, that's the endgame for me. I see this being more or less where this goes. What else could it be? Especially with the awesome possibilities of Son of He-Man.

Beside, this is the only endgame that really resonates. After untold millenia, Castle Grayskull becomes not the castle of mystery, but finally takes it's place openly again as the Seat of power for the MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE, King He-Man!

Heroic Warrior

King He-Man: come and praise your one and true king!

So yeah, it's King He-Man, he's glorious, his face is amazingly detailed, he's possibly his own relative with the H symbol hinting at him being He-Ro...discuss.

He is an awesome design and he is exactly where the line should be headed. I am hoping the symbol and his son taking the He-Ro name are an homage rather than some crazy time loop deal. His details are so sic and that sword freakin rules. I eagerly await Skeletor's son and Dare. Oh and Queen Teela.

P.S. what do you think became of She-Ra during this time?

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    He's King Adam to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    He is an awesome design and he is exactly where the line should be headed. I am hoping the symbol and his son taking the He-Ro name are an homage rather than some crazy time loop deal. His details are so sic and that sword freakin rules. I eagerly await Skeletor's son and Dare. Oh and Queen Teela.

P.S. what do you think became of She-Ra during this time?
    I beleive we ARE experiencing a time loop deal. He-Ro has to be Dare from the future... We already have time travel via Evil Lyn & Spector. Preternia must be directly connected to the 'Son of He-Man' timeline.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dare/He-Ro brings the very sword back in time to Grayskull that is everntually given to him by his father (Adam) far in the future?

Two questions: Who are the Overlords of Trolla and how do they fit into the equation of this loop?

And: How does the Sword of Protection/She-Ra weave into the whole thing... Or is she and her sword merely a secondary sub-plot?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I beleive we ARE experiencing a time loop deal. He-Ro has to be Dare from the future... We already have time travel via Evil Lyn & Spector. Preternia must be directly connected to the 'Son of He-Man' timeline.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dare/He-Ro brings the very sword back in time to Grayskull that is everntually given to him by his father (Adam) far in the future?

Two questions: Who are the Overlords of Trolla and how do they fit into the equation of this loop?

And: How does the Sword of Protection/She-Ra weave into the whole thing... Or is she and her sword merely a secondary sub-plot?
    I don't think they will be the same person as He'Ro's bio states he was sent through a magic vortex to Eternia. Notice that He-Man is using the techno sword to access the power of Grayskull. He must have already gave the Sword of Power away. He-Ro was given the sword by the Overlords of Trolla.

But yeah...love the figure and cant wait to display him with the Weapons Pack Techno-sword.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX