Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: King He-Man discussion thread

I like the idea but not the execution.

1) I don't like the beard. Beards don't make a king.
    2) I don't like the crown. He-Man doesn't go-in for ornamental jewelry even in his old age. Give him a Schwarzenegger Conan-style crown that won't fall off if he needs to battle...and I imagine King He-Man does still use his sword from time to time. (See pic below for reference.)

Here are some things I hope they "fix" before production...

1) The head seems way too small for the body.
    2) The silver and gold color scheme is too over the top.

I have my own version of "King of Castle Grayskull He-Man" that I'm putting the finishing touches on this week. I will share on my blog soon.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned before--I haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet--but I wonder if he's called 'King He-Man' because that's exactly what he is? In other words, there's your everyday King Adam, who's married to his Sorceress-Queen Teela and raising Dare. When evil threatens, he pulls out the trusty ol' electronic power sword created by Duncan, and transforms into his powered-up form like in days of old--becoming King He-Man. Perhaps the outfit we're seeing here (with its garish coloring) is the equivalent of the silver harness that appeared when Adam transformed into He-Man in the olden days, and when he's de-powered (i.e., King Adam) he wears a much less garish, more kingly attire? This would enable Mattel to one day release a King Adam variant (*shudder*).
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The name of the show was going to be "Hero son of He-Man", not Adam. Or George, or Arthur, or any other simple name that isn't exactly going to help Masters of the Universe. It's not important earth history, it's motu. This is a niche franchise that is only going to be helped by the use of the name "He-Man".
    On a figure that is only available to subscribers who are, by and large, the die hard fans to begin with? Were we talking about a figure that was going on retail shelves, your point would be quite valid and I'd agree wholeheartedly. I might even grant it to you if he were a regular figure up for sale on Matty. Thing is, I can't see any advantage in this particular case one way or the other.

Then again, if he is actually He-Man full time by that period in Eternia's history, the whole thing is academic to begin with. He is what ever he is now that he's immortalized in plastic.

As for the figure, he's not bad, but he is the one I really am least impressed with. He's the exception in this line, a figure that very obviously is just cobbled together from existing parts. Usually, Mattel and the Fab Four do a much better job of disguising such things (like with Optikk using Trap Jaw's parts). It takes away from him a bit that it is so apparent. Still, it opens up another era in the line, so on that count it is worthwhile figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

That's true. But there were reports that people at SDCC had no idea there was a MOTUC line, and were blown away by the figures. Seeing a King He-Man could help sell a sub along with Ram Man and such (there are still newcomers!). They generally have a He-Man or Skeletor figure early in the year to help sell the sub.
    Plus we don't know what the future holds for this concept. From a marketing standpoint the name makes sense.
    But either way, yes I will assume he is He-Man full time at this point in his life, based on the name. Personally it's something I like.
    Also even if he is He-Man full time, King He-Man could be the title he has taken, but his loved ones call still call him Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned before--I haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet--but I wonder if he's called 'King He-Man' because that's exactly what he is? In other words, there's your everyday King Adam, who's married to his Sorceress-Queen Teela and raising Dare. When evil threatens, he pulls out the trusty ol' electronic power sword created by Duncan, and transforms into his powered-up form like in days of old--becoming King He-Man. Perhaps the outfit we're seeing here (with its garish coloring) is the equivalent of the silver harness that appeared when Adam transformed into He-Man in the olden days, and when he's de-powered (i.e., King Adam) he wears a much less garish, more kingly attire? This would enable Mattel to one day release a King Adam variant (*shudder*).
    If villains didn't put two and two together about his identity before, this would make it even more obvious, don't you think?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    If villains didn't put two and two together about his identity before, this would make it even more obvious, don't you think?
    No doubt--but I'm just saying that the name 'King He-Man', and the figure we're seeing here, could simply be a name Mattel's given him so as to leave the door open for selling a 'King Adam' down the road. Honestly, as much as they love their He-Man variants (as opposed to important POP, NA, and 200X characters), would you put it past them?
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd buy King Adam.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is a really great way to look at it, he is not just about Adam, he is King He-Man as He-Man is the protector of everyone known in many places.

People around here act as if not using Adam is some snuff to who he is, but I think He-Man is being used more a name of Honor and respect.
    I'd go with this train of thought as well. Maybe his Power Sword was broken in battle and it made him unable to change back?
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Should King He-Man Get Vykron Bracers ?

I hate to see him with that boring old Bracer & Gauntlet hands ! I guess Vykrons bracers will give him more royalty & richness as a King of Eternia.

I am sure he’ll be AWESOME with that !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

I'm not a big fan of Vykron but I do like his bracers. First time I saw them I thought they would be perfect for 200X He-Man so yes, I think they would look great on King He-Man.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Snappy Threader
    I'm not really a fan of the King He-Man situation, but the figure looks amazing and I am sure it will grow on me. The reason I say I'm not such a fan is the same reason I'm not such a fan of Powers of Grayskull and the Preternia stuff. It's cool and all, but I much prefer our heroes to be locked in the 80's type storyline.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish there was an option to choose either King He-Man or Strobo as your sub figure.

I'd choose Strobo for mine.
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Warrior

King He-Man?

I don't know too much about this figure, I know it is a sub exclusive, and that it will be available in march 2013. What I would like to know is when in time does this particular version of he-man exist. Is he the king of Eternia as well as Grayskull? Will this figure be a 6 inch like most or larger? Will there possibly be a variant of this figure? Will his packaging be normal or possibly similar to something like the original King Grayskull's packaging.

I know I have a lot of questions but I would truly appreciate if someone has answers to any of my questions.

Thanks in advance.

It will have regular packaging, be 6" tall and have no variants. It takes place somewhere in the future when Adam/He-Man is king of Eternia.

Probably 20 years from "our" He-Man
    I would say King of Eternia & Defender of Castle Grayskull.
    More than likely the same size as the others.
    I would say no chance for a variant, since he is one & a sub exclusive.
    Regular packaging.

I think I got them all. Hope it helps.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

king he-man

can anyone tell me anything about this figure also what are some of the other 2013 figures thanks

Heroic Warrior
    King He-Man is a subscription-exclusive figure for 2013. He's the first character in the line based on the He-Ro: Son of He-Man cartoon series that never got off the ground. The series, which never got beyond the proposal stage, would have taken place in the future and introduced new characters as well as updated some existing ones, with Adam/He-Man ruling Eternia and his son Dare taking up the mantle of being the universe's defender as He-Ro (not to be confused with the "other" He-Ro (though we suspect Matty/TG may indeed make the two one and the same by the time MOTUC is over)).

Confirmed new figures for 2013 beyond King He-Man include:

Ram Man (Jan)
    Netossa (Jan)
    Jitsu (Feb)
    Fang Man (Mar)
    Snake Face (Apr)
    Fighting Foe Men (Apr/May?)
    Karatti (May)
    Octavia (June)
    Strobo (traveling con exclusive)
    Clamp Champ (July?)
    New Adventures He-Man (July?)
    Geldor (Nov)
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I'd buy King Adam.
    As would I.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I plan on calling King He-Man- King Adam. I still really dislike his crown (design and cross) and all the opposites of the color scheme. His beard and sword are the best things about him.

And shouldn't his damaged old sword make more sense it being the one King Grayskull had? I always imagined it was made by He-Ro and given to KG as a better weapon for battling the technologically advanced Horde. The one Duncan reverse-engineered years later would be in much better shape even many years later. And why doesn't Adam take care of it better anyway?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm fine with hs head, but the colors look wrong to me...Too much silver/gold combination for my taste. A more silver/red sheme would work better...

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I plan on calling King He-Man- King Adam. I still really dislike his crown (design and cross) and all the opposites of the color scheme. His beard and sword are the best things about him.

And shouldn't his damaged old sword make more sense it being the one King Grayskull had? I always imagined it was made by He-Ro and given to KG as a better weapon for battling the technologically advanced Horde. The one Duncan reverse-engineered years later would be in much better shape even many years later. And why doesn't Adam take care of it better anyway?
    Maybe this is a "Battle Armor" version of King He-Man..... similar to what we saw with Randor. Later on we will get an Eternos Palace King He-Man (tights and all!)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I *really* like this idea. Like all is well on Eternia for a couple decades and then Skeletor or Evil-Lyn returns and causes havoc. Dare becomes He-Ro, the new protector of Castle Grayskull. At the big battle(Ultimate Battleground 3?), Adam can't raise his Power Sword because Dare now caries it. So he pulls out his electronic Power Sword and becomes He-Man, now King He-Man, one last time. Almost kind of a Dark Knight Returns vibe going on.

I like the idea of King He-Man and the figure for the most part. However, the beard is too much. Also, they should've given him the headband style crown like pointed out above. Heck he could have the one He-Ro wore. I just think the head is the biggest let down of this otherwise very cool figure.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Maybe this is a "Battle Armor" version of King He-Man..... similar to what we saw with Randor. Later on we will get an Eternos Palace King He-Man (tights and all!)
    King He-Man in tights Would be no tooling necessary, King He-Man head, King Randor (Eternos Palace) the rest. 2014 Sub Exclusive.

I like this figure ALOT--I just hope we see Dare soon (maybe with his own Battlecat)