Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: King He-Man discussion thread

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Easily the best reveal of SDCC. Hail King He-Man!

Now we just need a Prince Dare to display him with...
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Fantastic figure! Very much looking forward to the story behind the sword, too...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    <---- Wondering if King He-Man and Dare go to the past and become Eldor and He-Ro.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

HIs sword just looks amazing. Those details really sell this figure.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    So yeah, it's King He-Man, he's glorious, his face is amazingly detailed, he's possibly his own relative with the H symbol hinting at him being He-Ro...discuss.
    Maybe it's like Fry on Futurama, and King He-Man is now also "Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa" .
    Visit me at www.cjedwardsart.com

Now with more Facebook! Personal: http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/...cj.edwards.142 and Official CJ Edwards Art page: http://www.facebook.com/cjedwardsart

For more Bearshow art, please visit my DeviantArt account: http://cjedwardsart.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    I don't think they will be the same person as He'Ro's bio states he was sent through a magic vortex to Eternia. Notice that He-Man is using the techno sword to access the power of Grayskull. He must have already gave the Sword of Power away. He-Ro was given the sword by the Overlords of Trolla.

But yeah...love the figure and cant wait to display him with the Weapons Pack Techno-sword.
    I agree that they are different characters. The sword is what makes a time loop seem impossible since the Trollans are involved in giving it to He-Ro. I really think the H symbol and name are a legacy type thing. However, King He-Man is dressed in similar garb compared to He-Ro from POG. Cannot wait for his bio.

I definately love that the story is finally moving forward. Though change is sad, I love to see more. Bring on Son of He-Man.

He does look cool, and borrows a lot of elements from the designs of He-Man, He-Ro and King Randor.

I don't like him using that crummy 200X sword though. Look at the rust on that!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope the actual fig looks better than the proto. And I hope he comes with a crownless bearded He-Man head.

Evil Clone...in SPACE!! DarthFaker's Avatar
    I REALLY like this figure, but I refuse to subscribe for 2013. Honestly, Ram Man and this King He-Man are the only 2013 figures shown that I really want. I'll be going to ebay for this one unless someone with a sub really doesn't want it and will part with it for near cost.

Heroic Warrior
    Best reveal of SDCC for me, he looks amazing and I can't wait to read his bio and see how the story moves forward.

Really hoping this means we might get Dare/He-Ro 2 next year as a monthly figure, would be great to display them together.

Sucks (for me) that he's sub only but he makes a lot more sense as the sub figure than Shadow Weaver did. Already got my request up in the marketplace for him, hope someone's getting an extra they don't want!

I love it. Awesome looking figure. This is how the story ends, as far as I'm concerned, as foreshadowed in "King of Castle Grayskull". Bring on Queen Teela!!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    In the He-Ro: Son of He-Man cannon, isn't Dare Adora's son? Isn't Adora (and thusly that (?) She-Ra) dead? Does that mean Teela gets to play quadruple-duty as captain of the guard, Sorceress, Queen of Eternia, and She-Ra?

Keep reading the bios, kids....
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    In the He-Ro: Son of He-Man cannon, isn't Dare Adora's son? Isn't Adora (and thusly that (?) She-Ra) dead? Does that mean Teela gets to play quadruple-duty as captain of the guard, Sorceress, Queen of Eternia, and She-Ra?

Keep reading the bios, kids....
    ~RK
    I think Sea Hawk and Adora were going to be lost, or they were searching the Universe/Different Dimensions for Dare. The big reveal was going to be at the end of the 1st season, so they were not dead.

Anyway, PICS!

King He-Man:

King Adam:

Dare as He-Ro:

Last edited by Darkspecter; July 14, 2012 at 06:30am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The sword looks pretty cool!
    But it seems like Sir Lazer Lot is not the smartest Man-at-Arms "A little Scotch Tape is enough!You see?"

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    An remember kids, to be a King of Eternia you must have beard!

I still see stupid that the alter-ego becomes King, because the one who has royal rights is Adam.

Is like naming Superman Emperor of Krypton, takes more sense Kal-El Emperor of Krypton.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post

I still see stupid that the alter-ego becomes King, because the one who has royal rights is Adam.

Is like naming Superman Emperor of Krypton, takes more sense Kal-El Emperor of Krypton.

Maybe Adam is King, but when he uses the techno-sword he becomes King He-Man? Maybe there'll be a King Adam variant later?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Maybe Adam is King, but when he uses the techno-sword he becomes King He-Man? Maybe there'll be a King Adam variant later?
    Hush, dont give him ideas!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like this figure -the face sculpt is done nicely - the battered sword is a nice touch.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    was always hopeful for a king he-man. didn't picture him like this though.
    glad he is apart of motuc.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar

It seems the guys at Mattel Design are yet to become acquainted with the basics of heraldry, particularly the rule of tincture: if you place a metal over another metal (gold on silver), or a colour over another colour (red on blue or blue on red), the result doesn't look good. And this is not a whimsical rule. Heraldic metals are high-lightness colors: white (argent "silver") and yellow (or "gold"), whereas heraldic colours are low-lightness colors: red (gules), green (vert), blue (azure), purple (purpure), black (sable)). Our visual system relies on contrasts of lightness (rather than contrasts of hue) to recognize shapes, and that's why we find it visually "uncomfortable" when both a shape and its background share approximately the same level of lightness. For example, to read letters (a prime example of visual shape-recognition), the best color combinations are dark text over a light background (and viceversa), regardless of chromaticity: saturated green text on a saturated red background is nearly unreadable, whereas dark green text on a light red background does read well.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; July 14, 2012 at 12:07pm. Reason: typo

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    King He-Man was my favourite reveal at Mattypalooza.

Haha, I just typed King-He-Man in "Countdown to SDCC 2012" thread, reveals speculation as sub figure, I won!
    btw. Strobo is so cool, as a Zodac fan i have to have him.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    While I'm not opposed to the concept of a King He-Man/ Adam by any means, I think this figure is such a wasted opportunity. The general composition of the ornaments /logos and colour arrangement looks pretty ugly to be honest. While gold and red / blue and silver usually look good together, all four colours together is way too much to look good. The only redeeming things are the battered sword and maybe also the head sculpt.
    I'm sorry, but it's pretty much the worst reveal at this CC...at least to me.
    Glad it's the exclusive.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    http://www.figures.com/gallery/data/...m/DSCN2922.JPG

It seems the guys at Mattel Design are yet to become acquainted with the basics of heraldry, particularly the rule of tincture: if you place a metal over another metal (gold on silver), or a colour over another colour (red on blue or blue on red), the result doesn't look good. And this is not a whimsical rule. Heraldic metals are high-lightness colors: white (or "gold") and yellow (argent "silver"), whereas heraldic colours are low-lightness colors: red (gules), green (vert), blue (azure), purple (purpure), black (sable)). Our visual system relies on contrasts of lightness (rather than contrasts of hue) to recognize shapes, and that's why we find it visually "uncomfortable" when both a shape and its background share approximately the same level of lightness. For example, to read letters (a prime example of visual shape-recognition), the best color combinations are dark text over a light background (and viceversa), regardless of chromaticity: saturated green text on a saturated red background is nearly unreadable, whereas dark green text on a light red background does read well.
    People care as much about this as watching your fingernails grow. Rules were meant to to broken. Artists do it often. There is no solid, 100% rule for anything, besides these are figures. Sure, some of the color combinations are childishly odd, but MOTU has always had odd color combinations.