Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: King He-Man discussion thread

He looks pretty awesome, the only things I would really like to see changed are his feet. I'd prefer if he had the feet that originally went with those boots (He-Ro, Zodak) rather than the plain boot feet.

Heroic Warrior
    Way too much blue. The design looks very busy, but I get what they were going for. I agree with others that have said a red cape would have worked better. I highly doubt they'll change the color of the cape, but stranger things have happened. And on the side note of Queen Teela, I've always seen her taking her place as Sorceress and then when Adam reveals he's He-Man, she finally recognizes that the man she admires and her childhood friend are one in the same, so she falls in love with him and becomes his queen, ala Veena and Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    Why can he not take a different name? You think King George VI was really named George?
    He can, I just think it's stupid. Maybe Queen Marlena should have changed her name to Latifa upon meeting Randor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    What a marketable and awe-inspiring name "King Adam" would be.
    So King He-Man sounds better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotFadeAway View Post
    I've never read the NA mini comic but I think Prince Adam did choose to reveal his identity as He-Man to Randor and Marlena, but he had no choice when he was forced to transform into He-Man in front of Skeletor, and so there was no point in keeping up the Prince Adam facade. I like that idea, but I can also see why he should be called King Adam.
    Wasn't Adam his birth name? If anything, Him being He-Man was a facade to hide his real identity, which is Adam.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    If he is the King, who is the Queen? He can't marry the sorceress Teela can he, is it Frosta then?
    Castaspella!

Or he could just have a harem to help repopulate Eternia after the Second Ultimate Battleground. They don't call him He-Man for nothing...
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I don't like the colors on this figure, nor do I like that it's King He-Man, and not King Adam.

There should be more of a connection visually with Randor and King Grayskull's looks in my opinion.

It's not a bad figure overall though.

I want Queen Teela now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post

I want Queen Teela now.
    Her name will probably be Queen Sorceress.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    to be honest he would have to show he is he-man for the people to accept him as king. yes he is heir to the throne but i would imagine the people would go absolutly nuts at adam the coward on the throne of eternos.

perhaps thats just what happened and to keep the peace he took the throne as he-man!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I can't afford the thread so I'm praying that I can find some one here that will hep me out. I think he's awesome.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    I like the head sculpt a great deal but the color choices are a bit strange, at least in how they run together. Next to King Greyskull he's just too busy but that's not a deal breaker. I wasn't surprised by the amount of part reuse but was hoping that he, like his sword, would have a much more "battle worn" appearance. Would have been a great opportunity to throw in a bonus "older Orko" figure but obviously using the 2000 design costume. Overall a fun figure but can I ask, where's Eldor or Miro? How else do we get those guys?

I like King He-Man (King Adam for me anyways) and he's a great sub exclusive. He does have a lot of color on him, that silver and gold mix on his chest armor looks odd. Story wise, how will TG name him once Dare becomes He-Ro, will the king drop his persona back to being called King Adam? I don't care really it's just another continuity bump he's making in the bios.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    I like the headsculpt however I'm not interested in the character... I don't like the blu cape....Brown should have been much better!

I like him, except the battle damaged crown. I will totally suspend disbelief and cave-in to stylization and believe his sword can get banged-up all to hell and yet the crown remains unscathed.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

That beard on King He-Man really bugs me. I mean, here all these years he's been "clean shaven" and suddenly he becomes King and instant beard! Is there something in the royal protocol that says one must grow a beard when the throne becomes yours?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    That beard on King He-Man really bugs me. I mean, here all these years he's been "clean shaven" and suddenly he becomes King and instant beard! Is there something in the royal protocol that says one must grow a beard when the throne becomes yours?
    Lots of people grow a beard after they retire. Look at Al Gore.

I know after having to shave daily in the Army I grew a beard as soon as I switched to the Guard. Even now I really only keep it that clean shaven when I drill. I'm betting Adam was sick and tired of having to maintain such a clean cut image all those years.
    Last edited by Swifty; July 18, 2012 at 06:47pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Her name will probably be Queen Sorceress.
    Lol...quick tangent, but do we know what Sorceress Teela officially looks like in MOTUC? Snake Armor Teela? Battle Ground Teela? A new as yet unrevealed Teela?

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    Lol...quick tangent, but do we know what Sorceress Teela officially looks like in MOTUC? Snake Armor Teela? Battle Ground Teela? A new as yet unrevealed Teela?
    We don't know for sure yet. All we've seen is her look in the first mini-comic with the Sorceress-themed cloak. But that detail was added hastily in coloring so it's not as though it was some planned out and designed look.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I would have had him with white hair and made his face look more weathered. I think his final years were very in tone with Beowulf as he headed into one last battle.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

White hair seems a bit too aged though. I think King Adam is supposed to be in his late 30s or early 40s from the way he looks. The same age I imagine Randor to be (versus the late teen/early 20s Adam.) But I'm just making that up in my head. How much further in the future is the King He-man timeline, I wonder? I guess if Dare is grown and around 18 or so (the age around when Adam became He-man) then King He-man might be more into his late 40s. Maybe.

I guess it depends on when Dare is born. If Teela is Dare's mother, then it's possible He-man was somehow with her before he left Eternia to go to the Tri-Solar galaxy, though I think that might be more controversial to some than for him to be with her later after he's returned from defeating the Horde.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    to see motu move forward is great!
    curious will we see future variants? like queen teela, older ram man, man-e, older beastman & others?
    will we see dare, he-ro, kay-la, missle-toe, slob-boar & others?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I hope we soon get Dare, He-Ro 2, King Adam and Skeletor's Son.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Surly King He-Man's cape should be red like movie He-Man, He-Ro and King Grayskull? I think it would look a lot better. To be honest I would have just preferred to get a King He-Man head with another figure and put that on King Grayskull. No need for a whole new figure and could have given the slot to someone else.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I cant decide if im going to buy a sub.

Is King He-man another Preternia he-man where I can buy him later rather cheap or is he another Shadow Weaver where i'll have to pay like $70 for him?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    What a marketable and awe-inspiring name "King Adam" would be.
    Yeah, almost as bad as that King Arthur guy nobody ever heard of. Or all those George guys. Or that so-called sun king, Louis. Can you imagine anyone with a wimpy name like Louis ever making it as a ruler? Especially when there were 13 other guys with that same name before him?

Point is, most kingly names throughout history were simple names. Even in legend, you have such mundane, common names as Arthur, John, Richard, etc. on the other hand, it is possible that, on Eternia, Adam might be a very unusual name, as, save for Duncan, we've see relatively few familiar Enlgish names over the years.

In the end, though, I think the only logical reason for it to be King He-Man rather than King Adam is that Adam is permanently He-Man at that time.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The name of the show was going to be "Hero son of He-Man", not Adam. Or George, or Arthur, or any other simple name that isn't exactly going to help Masters of the Universe. It's not important earth history, it's motu. This is a niche franchise that is only going to be helped by the use of the name "He-Man".

He is an awesome figure but I too prefer him to be beardless. I don't hate the beard, just prefer clean shaven to bearded. I am hoping to get clarification on what villains still exist in the future to fight him.