Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: King He-Man discussion thread

Snappy Threader
    I like this figure a lot too, I feel like most people (including me) just aren't quite ready for the torch to be passed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I like this figure a lot too, I feel like most people (including me) just aren't quite ready for the torch to be passed yet.
    What's funny is --we were kindof talking about this same issue in the comic book thread regarding Peter Parker's death. I was saying I was ok with a new Spiderman--like the idea of the mantle being passed for fresh, new stories (as long as it's done well --see Spiderman 2099, Batman Beyond and Spider Girl (May Parker).

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    What's funny is --we were kindof talking about this same issue in the comic book thread regarding Peter Parker's death. I was saying I was ok with a new Spiderman--like the idea of the mantle being passed for fresh, new stories (as long as it's done well --see Spiderman 2099, Batman Beyond and Spider Girl (May Parker).
    Oh I know. Every story needs to be freshened up now and then, I mean we still have the same Bruce Wayne as in 1940 or whatever. I know in DC different realities and such (which I'm no fan of) but it's hard to accept I guess. Kind of like "growing old denial".

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I think you just hit the nail on the head! This sums up just about everyone's feelings on the whole King He-Man idea. Just like any good media, (cartoons, comics, books, television) we don't want the adventures of our favorite characters to end, even though we know it eventually HAS to happen. We want to prolong the life of (current day) He-Man as long as possible, yet the appearance of King He-Man somehow coincides with the end of Current He-Man's adventures throughout Eternia...

Don't get me started on this topic.

It's not so much the actual death of Peter Parker as much as it is the fashion in which it all came to be.

All the struggles that Peter has been through in his life, all the good he did throughout, all the lives he's changed........ all to end like....... this?

Without giving anything away, this is far worse than the whole Ben Riley AND Miles Morales AND 'Brand New Day' stories X 10...... for shame "Marvel"!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Don't get me started on this topic.

It's not so much the actual death of Peter Parker as much as it is the fashion in which it all came to be.

All the struggles that Peter has been through in his life, all the good he did throughout, all the lives he's changed........ all to end like....... this?

Without giving anything away, this is far worse than the whole Ben Riley AND Miles Morales AND 'Brand New Day' stories X 10...... for shame "Marvel"!!!
    Oh, I agree - the way the Spiderman "death" is being handeled is not good If they could do it right in a Batman Beyond way,etc... I would be ok--but not this

Oh, I agree - the way the Spiderman "death" is being handeled is not good If they could do it right in a Batman Beyond way,etc... I would be ok--but not this
    Ahhhh, yes. Probably the greatest "passing of the torch" scenario ever conceived of in the super-hero universe. Batman Beyond was handled PERFECTLY, and all others should look to it for inspiration.

I still consider Batman Beyond to be the pinnacle of Paul Dini, Glen Murakami, and Bruce Timm's creative careers...

So when are we subscribers going to get the figure?
    March 2013 ?

Heroic Warrior
    I really don't have a problem with 'King He-man,' But I refuse to acknowledge He-ro 2.0 There is no torch passing for me. Randor Dies... He-man king. TA DA!!! This is what we get when He-man is in charge, and I think it's pretty cool looking.

The only DOWNSIDE I see... is that I already thought of King Grayskull that way I figured furry cape, longer hair, = King He-man... now I'll have TWO versions of a 'grayskull' on the the throne

As for Spiderman....

I've been 'out' of comics for about 2 years now... but just saw that #700 final issue at barnes and noble... I'm still in shock. It hasn't quite processed yet... I mean, it's EASILY retconnable, and it won't last more than a year or two.... but WOW...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I know. Every story needs to be freshened up now and then, I mean we still have the same Bruce Wayne as in 1940 or whatever. I know in DC different realities and such (which I'm no fan of) but it's hard to accept I guess. Kind of like "growing old denial".
    Ehhhh...

So... do you not like bruce wayne? Or Peter Parker?

My biggest problem here, is that everytime someone suggests 'Characters should grow old and pass the costume...' they want to start it from when THEY first found the character. Like you said... Bruce was Batman in the 40's.... Bruce Jr. would have batman in the 50's-60's **** Grayson the third would have the costume by the 70's. Johnny GOrdan maybe in the 80's... Bobby Chill by the 90's...

When did you start reading Batman? And which of these characters would you want to read about?

Personally, I find the man INSIDE the costume to be more compelling then the ssuit itself. Throwing in Robin #5 or Spiderman #7 isn't what I'm interested in. It's PARKER... and WAYNE... and GRAYSON/{Drake} that I enjoy reading about.

Honestly that's why I can't get into the new 52... or a LOT of the post civil war Marvel.... the Characters are just unrecognizable anymore... Feels like they're all still skrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    March 2013 ?
    That sounds right--around the same time some people (me) will be getting Granamyr apparently

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    March 2013 ?
    Usually February or March. Matty states that, "You will also be shipped the club-exclusive King He-Man™ figure with map poster and mini-comic sometime around the first quarter of the year."

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Honestly that's why I can't get into the new 52... or a LOT of the post civil war Marvel.... the Characters are just unrecognizable anymore... Feels like they're all still skrulls.
    The New 52 is (IMO) ***Terrible*** !!!

My most beloved and special comic team of ALL TIME (The Legion of Super-Heroes) has been made utterly UN-readable! The team with which I have shared in every adventure from as far back as I can remember has disappeared and this ridiculous junk has been plopped down in front of me...

Even through all of the reboots I have stayed strong with the Legion, but the New 52 Legion is so unlike what they are supposed to be - it's as if they are another team all together...

Why DC? Why?

I've got it...well...

I have to agree with others who have said that Adam/He-Man become 1 whole identity. This comes about by him revealing Adam is He-man. How that comes about don't know, you fill in the blanks.

Buuuuuut...it is through this revelation that Adam/He-Man are able to vanquish all the evil forces threating to destroy that universe. They are able to do this because as a one whole being he discovers powers that lay dormaint, only able to be accessed by the revelation of his "secret". Cause then thats like some super PSA about being able to unleash your full power by being youre true self.

I see Adora/She-Ra as being the Queen...not in some weird way either (get your minds out of the gutter). But they share the throne together.

So then they are getting older and they each have a kid...Adam has the girl and Adora has the boy. As those 2 get older a new evil force enters the universe...

Enter...THE NEW MOVIE!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah the figure.

I like the whole idea...just not the figure. It may sound strange but even liking the idea of King He-Man...its just not an action figure I want.

This line really is about nastolgia for me. While I like most of the ideas, I dont get the figures because they just dont have any memories attached to them.

- - - Updated - - -

But I do know when they make the movie in this time line King He-Man is dead by or in the second movie. Probably the second if they play it safe. If it goes really well and they capture a new audience, big enough I should say...theyll go forward in the same universe with different characters.

Then by the 3rd movie it'll get old...

A reboot will come and it'll be BEFORE King He-man and it'll be the semi-universe we all know and love...but with some new stuid CGI (is that what they still use???) comic relief...I.E. Orko.

Ask me how I know...

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Image085.jpg

..King He-Man says "I'll take you all on!".

Court Magician
    Y'know, of all fanbases, I'd've thought this one would've appreciated hyphenated names...

It's Spider-Man. Honest. Some media outlets have done a poor job of getting it right in the past, which may have helped spread the misspelling. (The success of the film franchise seems to have led to at least most of the professionals learning the proper way to write it.) But, while not a big deal of an error, it's never been "Spiderman" anymore than it's "Heman", and one looks just as weird and off as the other to many of us. Now you know, and - oops, that's another franchise

And - the never-before-seen thing they were going to do with Spider-Man in the 700th issue of Amazing was - copy what they already did in the Ultimate Spider-Man book? Really??

As for the thread topic, I guess with all of the characters from the past and present we've already gotten, having a future character doesn't really faze me. It feels like a continuum of MOTU, where whichever time frame you like could be your "present" for the series.
    Last edited by LKW; January 6, 2013 at 06:42pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still not warming up to this figure... The color sheme is still anoying, as a warrior a more warrior king image and colors would make him more recognizable as He-Man, I would prefer a grey/red sheme with the cross or "H" on the chest...

So he's King He-Man but his description is the Heroic Ruler of Future Eternia? Why wouldn't he just be Ruler of Eternia? At what point is Scrollos writing all of this info down? He's already part of the He-Ro Son of He-Man faction and comes with a crown on his head. The bio is written in past tense as if it has already happened. Is there time travel involved here with the vortex key maybe going awry? Was he returned to the proper time? When exactly is future Eternia? After Randor dies?

I find this whole King He-Man stuff really interesting... the various figures from different time points is one of my favourite things about this line and I like the idea of the characters growing and evolving. (That was what I liked about Dragonball/Z)

I'm really interested in seeing other figures from this time period!

Anyway, I've added my review of my King He-Man to http://uncannyfigurereview.tumblr.com .. I hope it's ok to post this here since I'm pretty new here!

Heroic Warrior

So I finally opened my King He-Man

Haven't been this disappointed in a figure since Eternos Palace Randor.
    Has anyone tried to remove the cape from his armor? Got any pics of it?

Really did enjoy the mini comic tho.

Court Magician
    Why disappointed? Just the cape?

I loved King He-Man when I had him in hand!
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnarious View Post
    Haven't been this disappointed in a figure since Eternos Palace Randor.
    Has anyone tried to remove the cape from his armor? Got any pics of it?

Really did enjoy the mini comic tho.
    I wasn't disappointed in EP Randor, I like him. I like him a hell of a lot more than I liked KHM, he is my Randor of choice. While KHM was far from a top tier figure in my book, he did actually display well, I used the Sword of Ancients for him, I hate the 200X Power Sword.

And yes about the cape, mine was messed up, like it was glued, but the glue had come off, but I have no pics. And have since sold him off, because he was never a must have for me. And I prefer King Adam.

There was a box type of attachment point that looked like a Target, only square, and it was a good size, which you can see the size if you take the armor off and look under the cape.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I don't like the cape.
    And the painted on gold wife beater isn't good either.

I'm right there with you on the 200x power sword too

I still haven't opened Fang man but I may have to take another look at the sword of the ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnarious View Post
    Yeah I don't like the cape.
    And the painted on gold wife beater isn't good either.

I'm right there with you on the 200x power sword too

I still haven't opened Fang man but I may have to take another look at the sword of the ancients
    The cape is bulky and too wide, and I didn't like his color scheme, they tried too much to make him look like He-Ro, and less like He-Man. The armor itself was a good color, silver the red accents. But where in the hell did the gold come from? It should have been silver, like BA He-Man, and maybe a darker silver or something like more of the blue (even though He-Man didn't sport blue either) for accent....the gold makes him look gaudy to me.

Hell, they could have used a variation of his Battle Armor for his Kingly suit.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It's pretty easy to take off and plugs in snugly so there is no worry about it just falling off...at least I haven't had a problem with it.

Heroic Warrior
    I never liked King He-Man-- along with the FFM he was the main reason I didn't initially sub this year (though I eventually did when they opened back up, just in time to pay out the rear for FFM)
    I don't care for the color scheme or the design-- I just don't think it was very inspired. I would have liked something a little more unexpected than a straight-up classic king look. The scar and the beat-up sword were steps in the right direction, though.

He's also the main reason I'm trying to keep my expectations low for the Unnamed One.

Despite how I'm usually not fond of variants, King He-Man is actually my favorite figure and my most prominently displayed. I haven't tried removing the cape though, I like it (though it does cause him to take up a lot of room).