Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TG Blog #10 Hordak - The last figure ever

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I don't think you will have to worry about the blogs coming to a sudden end. I get the impression that writing them is a very rewarding experience for the author.
    Hopefully! But he has made comments in the blog about maybe not doing these forever, lol.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    200X ('Hyper Anime") style is what you're not getting anymore, we can get 200X inspired heads and accessories all day, so long as they are done in the Classics style. Mattel knows 200X is a part of the history of MOTU, Classics is vintage but modern styling....not doing "inspired" things would mean POP is out, because Classics is not a doll line and it doesn't use rooted hair, that is a style....POP in Classics style makes the POP vintage dolls into Action Figures, therefore we have POP in MOTUC. Classics takes everything from MOTU and brings it into one style, including what would be "Hyper Anime" but tones it down, throws it back to the 80's then brings it back to 2012 and you get Fisto, Vintage with a side of 200X.

Count Marzo and Whiplash were their attempts at getting 200X styling past management, but it didn't work....but 200X inspired will, and is working.
    How is Whiplash 200x head different from Stinkor's 200x head? They are both classicized version of their 200x counterparts. No difference. How is Count Marzo with his wind swept hair any more "hyper anime detail" than She-ra with her wind swept hair.. looking like she stepped right out of the cartoon??
    Last edited by NagAAsi; March 31, 2012 at 07:50pm.

Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    How is Whiplash 200x head different from Stinkor's 200x head? They are both classicized version of their 200x counterparts. No difference. How is Count Marzo with his wind swept hair any more "hyper anime detail" than She-ra with her wind swept hair.. looking like she stepped right out of the cartoon??
    Because She Ra's hair was designed to mimic more flowing and relaxed hair, but she was also not more Anime type animation, Count Marzo was designed from the other animation style spikier pointier hair, more wind swept looks, not from the FIlmation style animation, or a vintage source, and as far as Whiplash's head goes, it is 200X based, I never looked at it, I was going by what other said, I did look at it though, and I knew it was 200X based, but I never looked closely at it....his head is vintage styled, but 200X based....

But She-Ra & Marzo have two different styles, I mean look at the faces, and the hair....you may not see it, but it's there. She-Ra has wavy flowing hair, not looking like it can impale you if you got too close, and her face is nice and smooth and softer looking, Marzo is rough, sharp lines....compare it to any other male face, and you can see the difference in styles.

And as far as stepping out of the cartoon....Filmation & 200X are not even close in Animation styles, so how can you say the Filmation based She-Ra looks like she stepped out of the cartoon, but still compare her to the way more 200X styled Marzo? She-Ra looks like she could have come from the cartoon or the vintage line minus the rooted hair, Marzo looks like he was taken almost directly from the 200X line minus the bulging veins all over and over exaggerated proportions.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 31, 2012 at 10:54pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Because She Ra's hair was designed to mimic more flowing and relaxed hair, but she was also not more Anime type animation, Count Marzo was designed from the other animation style spikier pointier hair, more wind swept looks, not from the FIlmation style animation, or a vintage source, and as far as Whiplash's head goes, it is 200X based, I never looked at it, I was going by what other said, I did look at it though, and I knew it was 200X based, but I never looked closely at it....his head is vintage styled, but 200X based....

But She-Ra & Marzo have two different styles, I mean look at the faces, and the hair....you may not see it, but it's there. She-Ra has wavy flowing hair, not looking like it can impale you if you got too close, and her face is nice and smooth and softer looking, Marzo is rough, sharp lines....compare it to any other male face, and you can see the difference in styles.

And as far as stepping out of the cartoon....Filmation & 200X are not even close in Animation styles, so how can you say the Filmation based She-Ra looks like she stepped out of the cartoon, but still compare her to the way more 200X styled Marzo? She-Ra looks like she could have come from the cartoon or the vintage line minus the rooted hair, Marzo looks like he was taken almost directly from the 200X line minus the bulging veins all over and over exaggerated proportions.
    So what is the difference between "200x inspired" which u say is ok and "2000x based" which u say is crossing the line and not ok?

I find it quite odd that u would judge Whiplash 2nd head as being too 200x before u even looked at it. Sounds very biased against to me.. Regardless it is no more or less 200x based than Stinkor's 2nd 200x head.

As far as She-ra she doesnt look like her vintage figure minus the rooted hair.. She looks like her cartoon representation.. Just like Marzo looks like his cartoon representation. Marzo uses the same male buck as all Classic figures. He is no more hyper anime than say Fisto. Fisto's face is also very detailed far more so than any other figure in the line (besides Marzo). I still fail to see how Marzo crosses a line.. He is clearly done in the classics style.
    Last edited by NagAAsi; April 2, 2012 at 12:46am.

I'm glad Toyguru set the record straight on Hordak being designed for MOTU originally. On episode 9 of Masters of the Universe Chronicles, Larry DiTillio also said that the Horde was originally designed for the Masters of the Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    So what is the difference between "200x inspired" which u say is ok and "2000x based" which u say is crossing the line and not ok?

I find it quite odd that u would judge Whiplash 2nd head as being too 200x before u even looked at it. Sounds very biased against to me.. Regardless it is no more or less 200x based than Stinkor's 2nd 200x head.

As far as She-ra she doesnt look like her vintage figure minus the rooted hair.. She looks like her cartoon representation.. Just like Marzo looks like his cartoon representation. Marzo uses the same male buck as all Classic figures. He is no more hyper anime than say Fisto. Fisto's face is also very detailed far more so than any other figure in the line (besides Marzo). I still fail to see how Marzo crosses a line.. He is clearly done in the classics style.
    I am biased I don't like the 200X figure style, but that's not my point.....

My point is what we are getting from 200X since Marzo is "Based & Inspired" not the style of 200X which is all Scott said was retired....the styling....I never said anything based on 200X was crossing any lines....I don't mind 200X elements in Classics at all....I don't like the 200X style.

And as far as Whiplash is concerned, I said I never looked at him, and just went by word of mouth that they considered the head too 200X styled, which after looking at it, it is not, so I don't know what all the panic from Mattel was about his head....I actually prefer the 200X based head to the vintage toy, but I never liked Whiplash anyway so.....But Marzo's head is a different story.

Yes She-Ra looks like Filmation.....not 200X, and that is the whole point, Marzo was considered too 200X for the line, Filmation, Comics and Vintage is what they are basing Classics off of mainly, that styling, not 200X....Marzo was not fully done in Classics style, even Scott admitted that....he was done in a more 200X style, then Mattel uppers said....no more of that. But I guess you can't see he's the only one that really looks like he does. All standing together the rest looks like Filmation, or their vintage counterparts....even the NA ones....but Marzo stands out a little more as something different.

There is a difference than detailed sculpting, and it being looking too Anime....Fisto's face looks like a real persons face....Marzo's face looks like he stepped out of the cartoon, using a style Mattel said no too....there is a difference, Hence the "No more 200X (styled not based or inspired, 2 totally different things) heads" thing, and if you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you.

Again so you get it....I never said 200X "Inspired or Based" was a bad thing, I said it is supposedly ALL we are getting from 200X from now on....the 200X styling is gone....

Inspired or based is not the same as styled after.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; April 2, 2012 at 10:18am.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!