Thread: FS 100% Complete in Box Eternia-Never Played With (Literally)

FS 100% Complete in Box Eternia-Never Played With (Literally)

Like the title notes, I have an original 100% complete and in its beautiful original box Eternia. The stickers are even still in their sheet and are mint too.

This set has literally never been played with with all parts either still in their original factory sealed bags or on their original "pop-outs." Truly a sight to see! This set also has its original mini comic, instructions, Eternia story, and all marketing paperwork (mail piece for magazine and a Matell feedback/questionnaire form). It even has its original inner cardboard box that holds and separates all the parts.

The box is pretty much perfect and shows only minimal age wear. No tears or rips, and is still bright and beautiful! I can send pics to anyone who is interested.

I have great feedback and have done several large deals with other orgers here, so have no fears if interested.

Open to a sale/shipping price so PM me and we can work something out. If you'd like pics, or can help me post some in the thread send me a PM as well or post a reply. Id like to share some pics here.

Thanks!
    Last edited by thorns02; March 30, 2012 at 03:11pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Pics are a must. I can't afford to buy it, but would still like to see.

Wow! This sounds awesome,but I'd be so tempted to open it and put it together.....
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Pics are amazing!! The box is crisp and vibrant. Wish it was in my collection.

That is beautiful! It belongs in a museum, seriously.

I'm a shameless box opener, loose displayer. But someone would be desecrating all that is holy by taking that apart and displaying it.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

You should upload those pics to the Eternia product page here on the .org http://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=3203. I think they were asking for those last year (pictures of unassambled parts etc.) Dorrmann http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...10846-dorrmann is a Mod here and can give you instructions on how to do it. I know the collecting community would appreciate it!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

I sent Dorrmann a PM about the product page process. Glad to help out if I can.

Im open to selling the set to any fellow orgers, but really have no idea its value considering the condition and state (unplayed) its in. What's a realistic value? $2K realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post
    I sent Dorrmann a PM about the product page process. Glad to help out if I can.

Im open to selling the set to any fellow orgers, but really have no idea its value considering the condition and state (unplayed) its in. What's a realistic value? $2K realistic?
    Yes, I think it is.

A few more different pics of the set...

Dear god! It's magnificent! Indeed, that belongs in a museum! If I had the money, I'd buy it for my local children's museum.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Thorns, I'm curious- is this set from your childhood or did you come across it recently? I'd love to hear the story behind it.

This set is not from my childhood. I would have never been able to leave unplayed with back in the day. In fact, I'm even having trouble leaving it the way it is today-I want to set this beauty up and play! Should I set it up and display it with Grayskull and Snake Mountain?

I came to own this set when I found a local person selling it here in the Twin Cities. I offered to meet and buy it from them to save them from shipping it and they agreed. If you've never seen the Eternia box in person, it's HUGE! I thought Grayskull and Snake Mountain were hard enough to store with their boxes. They're nothing compare to this mammoth box! Ill try to post some comparison pics soon. The seller told me that growing up her two brothers each had their own Eternia set, but they only set up and played with one. The one I now have was stored away and never used as you can see by the photos. I've never seen an Eternia box so sharp and bright like this. The box is obviously open and there was some tape on one end holding it closed where the glue held it together. I was was able to successfully remove the old tape without removing any of the box graphics or damaging it. It took a very slow 2.5 hours with a tweezers and blade to slowly edge the stickiness away while I pulled away the tape.

The only parts that are assembled are the two gold gargoyles. I say that because after reading the instructions, they note to "snap each side together" to make the complete gargoyle. Both gold gargoyles are assembled, so I'm assuming they were snapped together. I tried to gently pull them apart, but didn't want to risk the chance of snapping them, we all know how fragile the plastic can be with any/all of the Eternia accessories-like the tracks. Does anyone know for sure this is the case? Did they originally come in two halves?

I think my favorite part of the set are the bagged tracks and chains, although the original instructions, mini comic, Eternia story, Mattel feedback paperwork, and MOTU magazine offer envelope are a close second. You just dont see those things anymore. The enclosed windshields for the shuttle pod and laser blaster are just as neat too. I had an Eternia set a long time ago, but of course the tracks broke on me when putting them together along with never even having the chains to begin with. Even the original screws in their bag look cool. I guess I bit of a nostalgic nerd, eh?

Of course I've listed this set in the marketplace to sell it if there's an interest. Here's a question...what are your thoughts on sending it to AFA? I'm sure it would be a hefty fee and Im not even sure they'd be able to "case" it for me. I've never graded a fig/set so I really don't know much about grading. Just thought it may increase the value for a collector.

Anyone ever seen a set like this before? I know some MISB set are out there and it would be a shame to open them, but anyone come across an open one like this with all the stuff unplayed with?

Sorry for such a long post, I guess I got carried away. Looking forward to hearing some responses.
    Last edited by thorns02; March 28, 2013 at 12:16am.

Don't waste your time AFA'ing it.

#1 It's already open so it would receive a qualified grade.
    #2 It's going to cost a lot to ship, grade and then have it shipped back.
    #3 Since it's already open, the person who buys it at least has the option to put it together or not. They won't have that option if you seal it.
    #4 You're going to get a good price for this AFA or not.

Honestly, I wouldn't even display it with the towers out. For a very finicky collector, they may not be willing to pay as much knowing that part of it was exposed to sunlight/oxygen. I'd keep that sucker boxed up!

The last set that I saw like this (boxed, all accessories still sealed) fetched a little less than $1200 on ebay. BUT that box was in lousy shape compared to yours, so I don't think $2000 would be an unrealistic asking price. Most of your offers will probably be in the ~1500 range, but if you hold out long enough someone will likely drop 2 g's for such a sweet set.

I'm no fan of AFA grading. Many collectors aren't. Your photographs should be able to answer any questions a potential buyer would have. Describing this set as "Near Mint" would in no way be exaggerated; from what I can see this is about as good as they come.

Whatever you sell it for, I guarantee you'll make enough to purchase a loose set for under 500 bucks, that way you can turn a tidy profit and still get an Eternia set for display.

EDIT: and yes, the tracks came in halves like that.

Stalker-Do you mean the gargoyles came in halves?

Sorry, I miswrote that. Yes, the Gargoyles came in two halves that had to be snapped together. I wouldn't recommend trying to take them apart, but if you do you should let them sit in hot water for a few minutes or run a hairdryer over them before pulling them apart.

Thanks for all the replies, gentlemen. Im not into AFA'ing my stuff, so not going that route with this set.

Stalker-Ill keep your tip in mind about the heating, but I think Im just going to leave the gargoyles as is and leave well alone.

Anyone have an interest in this one-of-a-kind set? Send me a PM if you're interested.

PM sent.....
    I have the power

I am speechless....

Thorns, did you ever sell this?

Nope, still have it boxed up in my closet. I take it out from time to time and just stare at it though.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app