Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the last book you read

Heroic Warrior
    Here are the following books I plan on reading:
    1. The graphic novel version of The Last Unicorn (library book)
    2. Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum

and possibly some other books (not sure what though, depends on my mood).

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Currently Reading book 11 in the Sookie series and Stephen King "Full Dark, No Stars" (got both from the library and the Sookie book is kind of weak compared to the others so I've been jumping back and forth.)

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post

Crazy...Im about to read the last unicorn graphic novel too.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm on ch.2 of LU at the moment. I love the artwork in this one.

The last book that I got to finish was Busta Toons: Unofficial Cartoon Guide to He-Man, about a half week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    So theres DVDs you bought, Movies you watched, last toy(non-MOTUC) you bought...

What about BOOKS!

I am a huge book worm...I can't be the only one...

Be it one of those ancient paper bound published books, downloads on your NOOK...

What's the last book you read!?

Me: Stephen King's "Under The Dome".
    MASSIVE...GREAT...last S.K. book I read was Christine 20 years ago...I was really surprised on how well written it was!
    Loved Under the Dome - Showtime is making a mini-series of it that I'm looking forward to!
    I just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy. Getting ready to start Battle Royale by Koushun Takami.

There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind by Antony Flew with Roy Abraham Varghese
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I was a big fan of the Oz books - the Baum ones, the Thompson ones, and others. I think that my favorite Baum one is Glinda of Oz.

I'm currently re-reading The Hunger Games series and then I'm going to start The Game of Thrones series. I love the show, so I'm excited to read the books.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Currently reading Dan Brown's Angels And Demons. I must admit, it's better than I thought it would be. I'm fascinated by the subject matter and him being a controversial author helps.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Just finished The Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons. It is a part of the Hyperion Cantos. If you like SF I definitely recommend it. Start with Hyperion, and before you know it, you'll be hooked.

Heroic Warrior
    I personally like The Patchwork Girl of Oz. And I just realized I came from Widget (which I hate) to Court Magician (which I love because I love Orko).

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Working on World Without End, by Ken Follett. I really enjoyed Pillars of the Earth, and I've had this copy sitting around forever (it was my mom's), so I figured I'd give it a go.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I can honestly say that the Star Trek books have simply gotten better over the years. Especially since the last few years they've really worked on making sure the books don't contradict each other and in many cases are linked in some ways.

We first saw the Department of Temporal Inevestigations in the Deep Space 9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations. These books do an awesome job of filling in who they actually are, and their dedication to preserving the timeline. This books gives us a look back at how the DTI finally came about and how Kirk and the Enterprise fit in, and they aren't kidding when everything in the DTI world starts with Kirk. LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

The Fault in our Stars. It was YA. Good. interetsing. sad.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

currently reading "Shadow of a Dark Queen" - book one of the Serpentwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Just finished "Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Theif" about 2 weeks ago, and am currently about halfway through "Sea of Monsters" now I'm also most of the way through The Chronicles of Narnia, and about a third of the way through "The Black Cauldron" (yes, I read "The Book of Three" first).

I love children's literature. Especially reading it with an adult's (well, somewhat) experiences and outlook.

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

I personally like The Patchwork Girl of Oz. And I just realized I came from Widget (which I hate) to Court Magician (which I love because I love Orko).
    The Patchwork Girl of Oz is good, too. If you're interested in delving into Oz's history, The Giant Horse of Oz is pretty good, too.

The Bret 'Hitman' Hart autobiography and I REALLY enjoyed it! I'd recommend it to anyone with even the slightest interest in 80s/90s wrestling.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Finished the graphic novel version of The Last Unicorn. I loved the artwork in this one.

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    The Bret 'Hitman' Hart autobiography and I REALLY enjoyed it! I'd recommend it to anyone with even the slightest interest in 80s/90s wrestling.

Bret Hart's my favorite wrestler and I found that to be one of the best of the many wrestlers' autobiographies I've read.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Finished Chariots of the Gods. Currently reading Princess of Mars.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Indiana Jones Adventures vol.1

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Finished the "Percy Jackson & The Olympians" series about 3 weeks or a month ago, and started on A Lion Among Men by Gregory Maguire. I read the first two "Wicked" books when there were only 2, and finally found a decently-priced used copy of the third (and subsequently fourth) in the series. This one was a little slow getting into, but now that I'm into the "meat and potatoes" of the book, it's a lot faster-going.

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Warrior
    The other day I finished reading Professor Woggle-bug and the Frogman of Oz. I enjoyed every moment in it.

Heroic Warrior
    Just finished Wayne of Gotham by Tracy Hickman. It's a Batman novel that goes deeper into the past of Bruce's parents. I was intrigued by many of the plot twists, but it is an overall awesome book.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh